2011 election results

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
undercover

Re: 2011 election results

Postby undercover » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 am

Big up to you Alaxo, you made the result better than it would have been - but what a shit result....

Watching that prick jonkey making his speech made me want to vomit. and he increased his vote to the biggest national win EVER :baton:

Dildos who didn't vote should fuck right off as far as I'm concerned

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 am

Xtian wrote:Welfare Reform, bad world economy and tight in NZ. Watch the crime rate jump, more prisons and more generally fucked up shit going down in society.

Pretty sure its only the second time i've ever voted, and admittedly i don't follow politics very closely at all, but i just wanted a vote against National, especially with Bill English being the local candidate.
We're in for a long hard 3 years. The biggest concern for me is my teenage son and all his friends being able to gain employment (ANY employment) and have some decent kind of lifestyle, optimism, etc. Well, its ONE of my concerns anyway. What else to do but keep battling away and hope like fuck for some miraculous "genie in the bottle" kinda event.
undercover wrote: he increased his vote to the biggest national win EVER

Jesus, really? What the fuck is up with that? :(
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

undercover

Postby undercover » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 am

mark tyler wrote:
undercover wrote: he increased his vote to the biggest national win EVER

Jesus, really? What the fuck is up with that? :(

I am fucked if I know, but they were warbling on about it on TV last night.... I thought it was way closer than what it seems to have been and I still can't work it out. My only hope now is that I was so pissed that I hallucinated it, but I'm not holding my breath :|

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:12 am

low turn out helped that. they got the biggest portion of votes ever for them (is it ever? i thought they said since 1951 last night, anyway...) but so far have got about 100 000 less actual votes than 2008 (specials still to be counted).

2008: 1 053 398 votes = 44.93%
2009: 957 769 votes = 47.99% (with 220 720 specials to count)
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:27 am

Special voted green for both, was disappointed that they don't count that for a week or two.
Watching coverage got depressing, so we went to the pub.
Also voting without a residential address is a headache heh.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:41 am

act. given that they only got one seat why all the bullshit over epsom? national have only gained extra complications, not numbers, over that farce.

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Lurch wrote: national have only gained extra complications, not numbers, over that farce.

actually i forgot that about John Banks. the guy's a nob, but he's a nob to everyone. he's never really made a habit of kowtowing so he very well may stir some shit up himself in the face of John Key. *fingers-crossed*

arkie

Postby arkie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Sigh...

Electorate: CHCH central voted: Burns / Greens Referendum: Keep MMP / STV

Good on you for all your volunteer work Akaxo, and dan... tsk tsk. haha.

Really really hope Mr Burns takes it out in the end, but expecting many re-counts.

Election day story: I'm just down the street from Mrs Wagner and as i went to vote I saw a hose watering the planter boxes out the front (pretty sure we have a water ban for even street numbers on saturdays in CHCH at the mo). Planter boxes were overflowing onto the street when I came back, feeling very Green at the time and angered by the unattended hose i had to toss it over the fence into her patio. Hope someone noticed it quickly or she may have had an unplanned pond to dampen her party plans for the evening. haha

Excursions

Postby Excursions » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Xtian wrote:

Green Bastard wrote:
Excursions wrote:A Labour/Greens/NZ First/Mana governement would be a complete disaster I don't know how anyone could think that would be a good idea.

i know a massive coalition would end up with a lot of bullshit and shit hitting dead ends

This.

Look, I'd be all for a Labour/Greens/Maori government but that obviously can't happen. If people remembered how much of a piece of shit Winston is, and instead voted Greens and I guess Labour I'd be much happier. 3 more years.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:03 pm

arkie wrote:Sigh...

Electorate: CHCH central voted: Burns / Greens Referendum: Keep MMP / STV

Good on you for all your volunteer work Akaxo, and dan... tsk tsk. haha.

Really really hope Mr Burns takes it out in the end, but expecting many re-counts.

Election day story: I'm just down the street from Mrs Wagner and as i went to vote I saw a hose watering the planter boxes out the front (pretty sure we have a water ban for even street numbers on saturdays in CHCH at the mo). Planter boxes were overflowing onto the street when I came back, feeling very Green at the time and angered by the unattended hose i had to toss it over the fence into her patio. Hope someone noticed it quickly or she may have had an unplanned pond to dampen her party plans for the evening. haha
ha i know what street you must live on now, shame the hose didn't end up in an open window or something. i'd be shocked if he didn't get the specials in his favour, figuring there's a fair few people who're out of the electorate due to earthquake issues and he's done an amazing job with all that stuff. still a bit shocked he didn't take it with an increased majority tbh. going to be interesting, there was a few funny things going on in the campaign for chch central that might become more of an issue now. time will tell.

arkie

Postby arkie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Yeah I reckon what has happened is due to the red zoning;

east CHCH Central (labour territory) is much emptier now

most Bungalow / student / cheap properties within the four aves (the cbd) are gone.

Likewise in west CHCH Central, and then there is all those st albans / merivale people

martyrdamn

Postby martyrdamn » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:20 pm

gentrification of st albans / richmond and increase of shitty apartment developments probably doesn't help labour in Christchurch Central.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 pm

yeah, just been looking over the results for the different polling places and central ones have been heavily national which could well correspond to most of the housing left in there being crap modern apartments. shocking turnouts in the east too.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 am

The polling venue in Lyttelton was bloody quiet, and it's one of the more politically engaged and probably left-leaning communities I've lived in. But there's a lot of empty houses around the place- maybe a quarter of the population has gone?
Uncinia vector

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 am

martyrdamn wrote:i didn't vote today (on principal). my electorate ended in a tie. kind of buzzy.

You fuckin broke it man
I think it's lint.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 am

yeah i'm holding dan personally responsible if chch central goes to the nats for the first time since it existed in 1946

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:04 am

I don't like how people are saying "Greens should of tactically voted in Epsom etc etc".

I agree. If everyone in Epsom had voted tactically, all the votes for Goldsmith would have went to Banks.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:13 am

I actually reckon parliament could be relatively interesting this term.
I think it's lint.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Haha, awesome.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 pm

final results just out: nats lost a seat, now on 59; greens gain one to end up with 14; paula bennett loses waitakere by 11 votes haha and brendon burns loses chch central to wagner by 45 boo hiss and damn the 2323 people who voted for the green candidate who had no hope of winning.

http://www.electionresults.govt.nz/elec ... index.html

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Where does that leave the Tory majority now?
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:14 pm

just hanging in there, national + john banks + peter dunne = 61/121

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Some of those Nats are pretty fat and unhealthy. It'd be a terrible shame if one of them had a heart attack or something.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 pm

akaxo wrote:final results just out: nats lost a seat, now on 59; greens gain one to end up with 14; paula bennett loses waitakere by 11 votes haha and brendon burns loses chch central to wagner by 45 boo hiss and damn the stupid FPP system which meant that the 2323 people who voted for the green candidate had no hope of winning.

http://www.electionresults.govt.nz/elec ... index.html

As somebody who voted 2 ticks green this year I resent your sentiment. Most those people weren't comfortable voting for either the Crips or Bloods and so didn't. Good on them. Both the main candidates in Ham East were fucking shit so there was no way that I was going to support either - even if it had looked close and I 'had to choose the lesser of two evils' as you say (especially because the lesser in this case was the Nat).

It makes me super happy that Mana scored better that ACT. Fuck you Brash you cocky bastard.

I hope the Maori Party wises up and doesn't make a deal with National (Unless it is super one sided) because if they do then this is their last term. You've got 40% less seats that you had earlier this year... obviously your people haven't been to stoked with what you have been up to.

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 am

Agreed. To suppose a person who voted for the Green candidate would or should vote for the Labour candidate is arrogant.

Hamtown Dave

Postby Hamtown Dave » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:23 am

What is everyone's thoughts on doing away with electorates altogether?

I was surprised that there was no option along these lines in the referendum.

Is there a glaringly obvious negative I haven't thought of?

the croc

Postby the croc » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:24 am

There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:11 am

i get your points re green supporters voting for the labour electorate candidate in general.

specific to chch central though i think it's a fair enough sentiment to go boo hiss at them in this case. it was very close last time and brendon is well on the left side of labour, has been a brilliant electorate mp, has been very active and vocal on the shafting of ecan and on irrigation issues in canterbury, was the labour climate change and water issues spokesperson and is well versed on those issues and very closely aligned with green party policy. also he has good support from the green party here. i wasn't the only green party member working on brendon burns campaign for the electorate, all the green party activists working on the green campaign here that i talked to about it (which was a fair whack of them) when helping them were going to be voting for him and hoped their supporters and members were going to do the same, the green candidate made it clear that at all meetings etc that he was just after the party vote. going by the results it's fair to say about half the people who voted green for the party vote in chch central got that and voted for brendon. and if another 50 of the 2323 who didn't had voted for him we'd have a much better electorate mp now who actually gives a shit about people and labour would have their main environmental spokesperson who has spent a lot of time working on that area, has a great team focused on it and is knowledgeable in that area back in parliament. but they don't and it's a real shame for labour, for christchurch and for environmental policy development in general.

Return to “Current Affairs”