NZ Cops Working For Private Power Companies

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
the croc

NZ Cops Working For Private Power Companies

Postby the croc » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Watch the video, fucked up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QQ3XA7KgrY[/youtube]

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2011

where is the humanity?

I feel, especially in these last days leading up to our elections, that it is vital that New Zealanders see this. Actually, stuff the elections, this is something that every person in Aotearoa needs to watch and think about because this is about us as a community, this is about us taking responsibility as human beings. This is about us putting people before corporations and profits.

After my initial surge of rage, disgust, and extreme sadness at watching this clip, my main three questions are these:

Firstly, what on EARTH are they teaching at the police colleges that produce policepeople that are so eager to inflict serious harm on other humans? When I was at primary school, even at high school, to want to become a policeperson came out of a desire to help, protect and generally do good in a community. Not sit on a desperate and upset man and calmly beat him around the head and ribs with a police-issue baton in front of his extremely pregnant partner SO THAT A LUCRATIVE POWER COMPANY WHO TURNS OVER MILLIONS EACH YEAR CAN SAVE A FEW BUCKS!! (which turned out to be a mistake on the power company's part anyway!)

Secondly, what lack of humanity allows contractors to carry on their job when they can see the result it is having? What is this crazy hold over people that lets them use the excuse 'I was just doing my job' when they can see that doing their job is causing a man to receive head injuries? When it is causing immense distress to a woman who is overdue to give birth?

And, in conclusion to the first two questions I guess, as it was so VERY obvious that things weren't going so well in this situation (to put it lightly) why on earth could the police and contractors not take the sensible approach, pull back, and reassess the situation?? I cannot think of any reason why the disconnection of power had to happen at that specific time, given the resulting circumstances. Not exactly a life-or-death situation for the power company was it? Are we really the type of society who would rather see another human beaten till they bleed rather than have a company lose out on a few profits?? Do we truly worship money that much? Should we really let it control us in that way?

To those of you who say, regarding the police, that they were only doing their jobs, then I say - well, if that is their job, then I think it's time we thought about what sort of system we're living under. Because I don't want any part of it.

http://commonbravery.blogspot.com/2011/ ... l?spref=fb
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

arkie

Re: NZ Cops Working For Private Power Companies

Postby arkie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Fuck that's gross.

ruff

Postby ruff » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Emailed everything to Stuff.co.nz, maybe it results in these guys getting sacked.

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Good shit bro
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

BigNanaJez

Postby BigNanaJez » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 pm

have also passed this on

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:10 pm

I havent worked for a power company in years. But generally this is how it would usually go

Bills printed, 2 week notification of due date.

Reminder notice is sent 14 days after due date.

Disconnection warning is sent 7 days after reminder notice.

Power company then books disconnection with network contractors, usually for the next week. A letter is sent out and 3 courtesy calls are attempted over 3 days. Voicemail mesages are left whenever it goes to voicemail, but it is preferable to speak to the person directly.

I'm pretty sure the info the lady told him was incorrect. Each network supply has an ICP # attached to it (it's on your bill) and each power company is connected to the same ICP registry system. When someone creates an account, the agent will check the ICP # to see what supplier is with. The power company then sends the previous supplier a 'hey John Doe is moving into this property on such and such date'

Now If John Doe has been disconnected due to non payment, I believe they have every right to say 'we're not transferring the ICP# over until the arrears have been paid'

Oh btw Police are only ever present on the second attempt of a disconnection, and only if the property owner has been threatening, violent or refused entry. This usually creates another week of paperwork/contractor bookings.

So really, what this guy is failing to say is that he had nearly 2 months to pay a bill...didn't pay, then was either violent or threatening when they came around the first time. And then refused to grant access, obstructed a contractor when specifically told not to, became threatening and resisted arrest. Sorry, but where's the 'OMG THIS IS NOT RIGHT' here? Dude got everything that was coming to him.

Electricity isn't a god given right. It's a privilege. If he has a pregnant wife to support, he should have paid his bill 2 months ago, on the due date. No sympathy.

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 pm

regardless of if the guy is in the wrong or right, cops have no business protecting private companies with day-to-day business unless the company is paying for the cops time.*
also have no right to beat someone with a baton multiple times who is resisting non violently

i generally have plenty of time for the cops, a pity a few have to spoil it for everyone.

* i'd consider electricity disconnection a day-to-day activity for a power company. much as i'd consider vodafone trying to get someone to pay their unpaid bill. or if they need protection for their staff they should hire private security. . or be billed by the police for their time.. IF the police have spare time to rent out to corporations.

edit - realised the power company is state-owned but privatised
Last edited by scott penk on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

distilledwater

Postby distilledwater » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Holy shit that is rough, hope this gets some publicity beyond here.

and hold on, didn't he get a reimbursement cheque stating that he had overpaid his bill?? or is that unrelated

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:34 pm

electrician who did the disconnection gives his thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTl8Ce0YH2A&feature=watch_response

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 pm

xCaptainx wrote:No sympathy.

Edgy bro

:roll:
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey Ross, maybe you should have watched the video, read the info, seen what the story actually was. Contact cancelled his power after he owed money to Trustpower, which he had paid (and was subsequently refunded the extra he accidently paid). Then contact tried to say that they didn't disconnect him, that Trustpower did, which they didn't.

So I hope you feel like the ignorant cock you are now. I can't actually remember a time when you said anything of any real worth, intelligence or relevance on here, or anywhere else. Something to think about, but of course, that would require thinking, and I think we're all aware of your policy on that.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

NZ Police really need to scapegoat on the two asap. If they try the unified front defense they will lose any credibility they had remaining.

Also love how tough some people are when someones being held down.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 pm

While this is disgusting, the video does not give a clear idea of the events which occured because it has clearly been edited. To say he was resisting non violently is a complete assumption.

In saying that.. smacking a guy while he has two cops sitting on him, and is doing nothing more than refusing to put his hands behind his back, is fuckin appalling.
cool guy69 wrote:last nite my nutter of A flat mate was in the kitchen making a feed,what ever i couldnt give a crap but tthe bloody doofus not only leaves the element on but he wedged two knives in there wtf?? luckily i was therre to run them under cold water , talk about A bloody fire hazard. i had to wipe the bench down after he had spilled herbs all over it as well Lol ah well thats flat life for u eh

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Aidan I did watch it. I also watched it almost a year ago when it was released then.

There are plenty of variables and holes in the story shown in the video. Plenty of holes for me to assume he was completely in the wrong. Or his flatmate was (we would routinely refuse connections when it was proven the new customer was a flatmate trying to get out of paying the previous bill their idiot flatmate had racked up)

Aidan your opinion is based on a heavily edits video made by a hippy who couldn't grasp a simple concept of paying a bill on time. My opinion is based on various jobs within a large power company over a number of years (which I thankfully no longer do) Nice jobs though. Pat on the back for that.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 pm

:roll:

It's checking carbombs with your dad all over again.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Either way, dude, they were beating him while he was on the ground, and all he seemed to refuse to do was move his hands. I mean fuck, they're meant to be cops for christ's sake.

Hamtown Dave

Postby Hamtown Dave » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:27 am

Well... I just watched some more of this idiot's videos. The police in the video are morons, indicative of a great number of morons in NZ police department, and there's no way police should be running errands for power companies.

... but I can see why the police might be called to assist a power company in accessing their power box.

The power company may have got it horribly wrong but after watching a bunch of videos I'd say it's more likely that he's got it wrong.

He has a habit of asking people questions when they are obviously no authority on the topic and taking their word as gospel.

One example for those that can't be bothered watching: a court registrar told him that he could source a copy of the court rules through Thompson brookers because they "write the legislation". He subsequently nuts out because a foreign company is writing NZ's legislation.

Seriously my heart sank when I realised that this was as much evidence of one man's stupidity as it is evidence that NZ's police system has been compromised.

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 am

I haven't seen the vid as my 'net is on the go slow tonight, but being a stupid obnoxious moron is no excuse for the police to beat anyone while they're being restrained on the ground.

Devon

Postby Devon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:24 am

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by contact energy.

:lol:
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:11 am

Big fucking surprise there.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:28 am

How does that even work?
cool guy69 wrote:last nite my nutter of A flat mate was in the kitchen making a feed,what ever i couldnt give a crap but tthe bloody doofus not only leaves the element on but he wedged two knives in there wtf?? luckily i was therre to run them under cold water , talk about A bloody fire hazard. i had to wipe the bench down after he had spilled herbs all over it as well Lol ah well thats flat life for u eh

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:36 am

Contact logos? Contact staff present?

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 pm

So in summary...

Police went with power companies to disconect power from people ??

Ross might be a cop ??

Ross's dads a cop and ross used to help him look for car bombs ??
Kramer Murphy and Associates

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:51 pm

"Are we really the type of society who would rather see another human beaten till they bleed rather than have a company lose out on a few profits??

Obviously, yes. Unless you have some way to provide free power for all?

Police will also call around with the noise control to take your stereo band gear etc, even though they dont work for the local council.
i say all islamic people are welcome, just leave your fuckin shitty religion at the door.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Bit of a difference between enforcement of bylaws made by a democratically elected council and the work of a private company though, yeah?
dream comfort memory despair

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:41 pm

nazi scum wrote:"Are we really the type of society who would rather see another human beaten till they bleed rather than have a company lose out on a few profits??

Obviously, yes. Unless you have some way to provide free power for all?

I'm sorry perhaps I missed your jump of logic - but why do you deserve a beating if you don't pay your power bill, or if the power company screws up and thinks you haven't?

Return to “Current Affairs”