What's happening to the rule of law?

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Tartanperil

Re: What's happening to the rule of law?

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

akaxo wrote:yeah that^ has far more integrity than all the msm combined imo

I have more integrity than all the Men who have Sex with Men combined?

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:37 pm

mainstream media, I'm assuming.

akaxo wrote:Yes, I agree with Tartanperil. In my opinion, Nicky Hager has far more integrity than all the mainstream media combined.
dream comfort memory despair

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:39 pm

yeah mainstream media sorry
Tartanperil wrote:I have more integrity than all the Men who have Sex with Men combined?
bit homophobic.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:17 pm

akaxo wrote:yeah mainstream media sorry
Tartanperil wrote:I have more integrity than all the Men who have Sex with Men combined?
bit homophobic.

Yeah good on you for calling out an apparent homophobic comment. But a false accusation in this case.

MSM is a social sciences abbreviation for "Men who have Sex with Men". It was a weak attempt to mock your TLA; though mocking with a lesser known one was always destined to fail. :lol:

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:25 pm

I back Nicky Hager. Anyone who questions the status quo always gets branded as a nutter and a loon because it's easier to discredit someone than to answer difficult questions.

I don't know much of what he wrote about the SAS, but I the majority of the backlash seems to stem from middle New Zealand's love affair with Willy Apiatia. He has been named the most trusted person in NZ for three years running. It's true, he looks like a good cunt and probably is, the kinda guy that tells good yarns at the pub but the media's fascination with him is quite bizarre, the man is a trained killer.
Last edited by the croc on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:42 pm

How on earth do they come up with shit like Apiata being the most trusted cunt in NZ? Jesus fuck, what does that even mean? That he should be the national secret keeper? Why are we wasting time with shit like that? I've no doubt the guy is probably a gc for a few beers, in my limited experience of getting otp with soldiers, that seems to be the case. But fuck, that shouldn't make the SAS immune from scrutiny. NZers are pretty complacent when it comes to accepting whatever some politician sells to the media, and for the most part, we have relatively little to worry about. But yeah, that doesn't mean we shouldn't ever stop to think "hold on, shit seems a bit whack", as seems to be more and more so the case.
I think it's lint.

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm

As for why so many people seem to politically disengaged there seems to be a worldwide downward trend in voter turnout in established democracies over the last 40 years.

The decline in voting has also accompanied a general decline in civic participation, such as church attendance, membership in professional, fraternal, and student societies, youth groups, and parent-teacher associations.

John Gray who writes in the New Statesman would blame this on the rise of secular humanism which tends to place the self at the centre of existence. As long as ones own life is bearable a person will not vote for change because they perceive things are as they should be. Politics has become just another form of entertainment albeit less interesting for most. People spend more time discussing who they voted for on American Idol than who they voted for in the elections.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 pm

the croc wrote:As for why so many people seem to politically disengaged there seems to be a worldwide downward trend in voter turnout in established democracies over the last 40 years.

The decline in voting has also accompanied a general decline in civic participation, such as church attendance, membership in professional, fraternal, and student societies, youth groups, and parent-teacher associations.

John Gray who writes in the New Statesman would blame this on the rise of secular humanism which tends to place the self at the centre of existence. As long as ones own life is bearable a person will not vote for change because they perceive things are as they should be. Politics has become just another form of entertainment albeit less interesting for most. People spend more time discussing who they voted for on American Idol than who they voted for in the elections.

Definitely something in that. Easy to be complacent if you don't look over the fence.
I think it's lint.

noteven

Postby noteven » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 pm

I can't help but wonder if the decline in civic participation is a result of the internet.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:46 am

So, would it be because a change in government doesn't actually change much since everything has gravitated towards the center because there isn't a huge difference in the left and right so nothing changes much and everyone has become complacent?

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:51 am

I assume people in europe are going to be alot more interested in politics now that there are austerity packages, double dip recessions, debt defaulting, race riots etc going on

Horus

Postby Horus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

^ Yep, that seems likely. Nat & Labour are two wings of the same bird.

jont420

Postby jont420 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:20 am

more or less, I think people believe whatever way you vote/revolute(?) shit always ends up the same.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 am

^
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm

if anyone is interested a copy of the draft bill proposed by national is available here courtesy of the labour party:

i've had the pleasure of reading over a few pieces of legislation now and this one is pretty special. defines "covert video camera surveillance" then simply says it is lawful, cannot make a search unreasonable, and then states that any covert video surveillance is not to be treated as improperly obtained only due to it being obtained in such a way.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 am

HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP SMITH?
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:44 am

akaxo wrote:i'm fast approaching the conclusion that the majority of new zealanders deserve to get shat on from on high. when polls show that when comparing policies people prefer the left/labour party policies yet when asked who they'd vote for say national because they like key; when policy announcements from left parties get ignored by the media and fluff pieces about what key like's for breakfast and things of the rugby get prominence; kind of doesn't give you much confidence in new zealand society. maybe people need a swift rogering from a police baton to wake the fuck up.
http://aotearoa666.com/

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:45 am

akaxo wrote:
General Mutante wrote:Plus it would make me fully cream my undies to see Key being helicoptered to the coast from the top of an embassy as the peasants revolt and dropped from a height onto some rocks then eaten by starved eels.
fixed.

:baton:
http://aotearoa666.com/

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:35 am

Maleficent wrote:
akaxo wrote:
General Mutante wrote:Plus it would make me fully cream my undies to see Key being helicoptered to the coast from the top of an embassy as the peasants revolt and dropped from a height onto some rocks then eaten by starved eels.
fixed.

:baton:

rwc closing ceremony???
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 am

Horus wrote:^ Yep, that seems likely. Nat & Labour are two wings of the same bird.

For sure. If you walked into a dairy and Coke and Pespi were the only two drink options, you wouldn't say you had much of a choice. If you disagree with the majority of decisions made by any particular party or parties and truly feel that they do not represent your interests or the greater interests of NZ society as a whole, what's the point voting?

Phlegm

Postby Phlegm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Horus wrote:Why don't we all start referring to Key by his full name (as we do with major "criminals" - or ppl who are accused of being major crims) like Arthur Alan Thomas?

Yes, John Phillip Key is a smiley douchebag. :x

What's Graeme Burton's middle name?
Cosmo Kramer wrote:WHAT DOES THAT MEANT TO MEAN

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:33 pm

william

Return to “Current Affairs”