NZ is sold to China.

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
JJ 2011

NZ is sold to China.

Postby JJ 2011 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:20 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industr ... -investors

Finance Minister Bill English has spoken to the Chinese investors who have reportedly set aside $6 billion to invest in New Zealand.

Speaking from Hong Kong this morning, English said he met with the top brass of Chinese Investment Corporation (CIC) about a month ago.

He also met this week with political leaders and cash lenders in Singapore and Hong Kong.

''They've [CIC] got literally trillions of dollars. It's quite possible that they have allocated a very, very small amount of it to New Zealand. But we're not familiar with the numbers, we haven't had that sort of direct discussion with them,'' English said.

The New Zealand dollar rose to its highest level against the greenback in just over three years after a report yesterday that CIC was lining up $6 billion of spending on New Zealand bonds and assets.

English said CIC was ''interested in taking part in our bonds tenders''.

''There is increasing interest there, particularly in the last three or four months,'' English said.

''The Asian Government all have large surpluses and they're trying to invest them somewhere apart from in lending it to the United States. We've had growing interest which means we're now paying lower interest rates on our debt.''

There was ''a rough idea'' of who was buying the debt but it was ''a bit hard to tell'' with complex financial instruments masking the origin of debt purchases.

English singled out Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Malaysia as interested countries.

''All of these countries now have very large reserves and they are financing a lot of developed countries who are borrowing large amounts of money. We are just one of them and that's the way the world has changed. The vast bulk of the reserves are in the Asia Pacific area and the debt is in Europe and the US.''

Go back to the humble NZ we were, worrying too much about what everyone else thinks of us and not looking at our grass roots. It will all be too late, fucken politics fucking everything up. Oh and Key is probally gonna sell those Farms too, biggest Farming asset in NZ to the Chinese as a majority stake holder. Fucken fantastic.

Where are the riots and government buildings been blown up nowadays.
No longer Eddy the Dwarf, but Eddy the Coward - he mentions kids on punkas as some sort of trump card.

Fucken coward, has no shame.

PunkinDrublic wrote:Small Room with mazaire bed
$50 a week + monthly bills

Pref Male
Pref Vege.
Must like cats and narcotics.
Shit cunts need not apply.
Churr

ghetto ninja wrote:The Grove is full of fuckin awesome cunts currently. I would highly recommend moving in.

PunkinDrublic wrote:I would highly recommend Eddie moves back in.
But he's a family man now so the rest of you are in luck.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=24&p=1185281

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Re: NZ is sold to China.

Postby FC » Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 pm

You do realise that people being interested in NZ is a good thing right? That it drives interest rates down for us is good right? Something tells me you'd be more than happy if "asian" was replaced with "european". Retard.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

JJ 2011

Postby JJ 2011 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Are you fucken dense? If we have a government that is going to say the latest budget is going to stop what is owed and get the books balanced right, then we don't need to borrow and have people invest. Infact we can start building up ourselves up with technology and infrastructure to support ourselves financially. And low and behold, we might be able to start investing lots of money ourselves into foreign assets.

You are a dense fuck at the best of times. Don't get into politics, stick to the frothing cocks from arse with whores anus which you spawned from, faggot.
No longer Eddy the Dwarf, but Eddy the Coward - he mentions kids on punkas as some sort of trump card.

Pref Male
Pref Vege.
Churr

ghetto ninja wrote:The Grove is full of fuckin awesome cunts currently. I would highly recommend moving in.

arkie

Postby arkie » Fri May 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Daily Mail wrote:Fresh humiliation for eurozone as China says it will bail out debt-ridden nations

China has said it is willing to bail out debt-ridden countries in the euro zone using its $2.7trillion overseas investment fund.

In a fresh humiliation for Europe, Foreign Ministry spokesman Jiang Yu said it was one of the most important areas for China's foreign exchange investments.

The country has already approached struggling European countries with financial aid, including offering to buy Greece's debt in October and promising to buy $4billion of Portuguese government debt.

Today Portugal had its credit rating downgraded by the Fitch Ratings agency amid mounting concerns over the country's ability to raise money in the markets to finance its hefty borrowings.

Fitch said it was reducing its rating on the country's debt by one notch to A+ from AA- and warned that further downgrades may be in the offing by maintaining its negative outlook.

'To have any discernible effect China will have to buy a lot more than 5billion euros if they expect to have any impact on the negative sentiment surrounding Europe,' said Michael Hewson, currency analyst at CMC Markets.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 pm

JJ 2011 wrote:Are you fucken dense? If we have a government that is going to say the latest budget is going to stop what is owed and get the books balanced right, then we don't need to borrow and have people invest. Infact we can start building up ourselves up with technology and infrastructure to support ourselves financially. And low and behold, we might be able to start investing lots of money ourselves into foreign assets.

You are a dense fuck at the best of times. Don't get into politics, stick to the frothing cocks from arse with whores anus which you spawned from, faggot.

Here you have it folks, Christian, our resident economics expert.

The latest budget was about reducing spending so we don't have to borrow as much, and although I don't agree on many of the cuts that were made in the previous budget, clearly we are going to have to borrow some money. You may not be aware, but even Labour borrowed money, and that was during a pretty good economic climate for us here. I don't know where you think this money to be investing in foreign assets is going to come from when we are borrowing a hundred million a week to pay for everything, but I'd like to hear it. Oh what's that? It's coming from hardcore cocks in frash arses and frothing lambos in a hollowed out loaf of bread with a dozen steinies? Yeah sweet bro, good one.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri May 27, 2011 1:40 pm

NZ got sold to England a long time ago. China at least will bring technology and good food rather than guns and syphilis...

yep, trolling as on this friday afternoon
Uncinia vector

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Fri May 27, 2011 1:50 pm

China is trying to secure a stake in the worlds greenbelt economies (NZ Aus & Chile). We need the capital desparately, but its not clear where the chinese interest is vested, and how that will reflect though cashflow.

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Fri May 27, 2011 1:54 pm

pretty certain this is what we need at the moment. NZ looks to be slowly approaching some pretty scary economic crisis

jont420

Postby jont420 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Good article in the business herald , some dude saying this is just the world righting itself, while Europe was sailing around conquering the world china etc was facing inward and it's only been the last 30 40 years they looking outward.

JJ 2011

Postby JJ 2011 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:26 pm

jont420 wrote:Good article in the business herald , some dude saying this is just the world righting itself, while Europe was sailing around conquering the world china etc was facing inward and it's only been the last 30 40 years they looking outward.

They dominated land and figured out it was enough. With the biggest population in the world now, they are moving outwards and they did plan ahead. It is apparently the oldest "civilized civilisation" in the world according to Academics and Historians.

I can see a uprising like the Middle East, they had something like 6 car bombs go off yesterday outside Government buildings in South China, limited Media on it and been downplayed.

When the Great Firewall of China falls, they will turn into mayhem. It has been predicted for years now.

Pref Male
Pref Vege.
Churr

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri May 27, 2011 2:39 pm

JJ 2011 wrote:
jont420 wrote:Good article in the business herald , some dude saying this is just the world righting itself, while Europe was sailing around conquering the world china etc was facing inward and it's only been the last 30 40 years they looking outward.

They dominated land and figured out it was enough. With the biggest population in the world now, they are moving outwards and they did plan ahead. It is apparently the oldest "civilized civilisation" in the world according to Academics and Historians.

I can see a uprising like the Middle East, they had something like 6 car bombs go off yesterday outside Government buildings in South China, limited Media on it and been downplayed.

When the Great Firewall of China falls, they will turn into mayhem. It has been predicted for years now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Uncinia vector

JJ 2011

Postby JJ 2011 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Pref Male
Pref Vege.
Churr

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Fri May 27, 2011 3:07 pm

With the biggest population in the world now

not for long, watch out for those swift indians jeffjack

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Fri May 27, 2011 3:08 pm

steve f wrote:China is trying to secure a stake in the worlds greenbelt economies (NZ Aus & Chile). We need the capital desparately, but its not clear where the chinese interest is vested, and how that will reflect though cashflow.

what would you know about money steve, please let our expert jeffjack lead us in this discussion

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

It is apparently the oldest "civilized civilisation" in the world according to Academics and Historians.

- as opposed to the other type of civilisation?

Also: I like how you chuck majuscules at the front of "academics" and "historians"
Uncinia vector

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri May 27, 2011 3:31 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:
It is apparently the oldest "civilized civilisation" in the world according to Academics and Historians.

- as opposed to the other type of civilisation?

Also: I like how you chuck majuscules at the front of "academics" and "historians"

It's actually just his neighbours, they thought that changing their last names to "Historian" and "Academic" would bring a little class to their kids; Shaniqua and Jamiroquai, Mercedes and Tyrell.

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Fri May 27, 2011 3:38 pm

apparently jj sucks with economic stuff and doesn't know what he's on about according to Members of Punkas

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm much more petty than that- was just critisizing his writing and thinking in general.
Uncinia vector

JJ 2011

Postby JJ 2011 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Because of Technologies it was the eldest/oldest.

Go talk to H.Heinswenker he knows his shit.

Pref Male
Pref Vege.
Churr

[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

NZ needs foreign investment, just need to stick a clause in there saying "...but NZ owns everything and your lease is up after 70 years".

Y'know, just like Chinese property law.
Make assassinations, not war!

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 pm

If you lower taxes, then run out of money, you should be stricken from the parliamentary rollcall for a good ten terms.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Fri May 27, 2011 6:11 pm

people are living longer these days, make it 100.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Sicinius wrote:If you lower taxes, then run out of money, you should be stricken from the parliamentary rollcall for a good ten terms.

And made to live on a sickness benefit in an unheated flat with Michael Laws as the whacky neighbour. That would be some justice.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Fri May 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Little bit sick of hearing the words 'debt' and 'borrow'.. Not that I necessarily support any political party but the green party's economic policy is alot more forward thinking here. We need to start looking at internal revenue sources. Capital gains tax is much more socio-economically progressive and would go a long way to lowering our Gini coefficient, this combined with some smart thinking surrounding the economic potential of tourism in New Zealand could move us somewhere closer to Scandanavia economically.

Eliminate poverty with the money of the ultra-mega rich broez.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat May 28, 2011 2:07 am

It would help if they were told they could either do it the nice way through taxes or the nasty way through having their shit fucking ripped without compensation and their arses exiled.

I'd rather have the nasty way. It'd be worth it to see their faces.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat May 28, 2011 8:08 am

exiled? feeling generous?

so we're talking about the chinese buying govt debt here right? surely it's better them than the imf with all the associated strings and nooses attached?
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

mike

Postby mike » Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 am

how would China bring good food? I dont normally comment on political stuff but surely look at the exploding watermelons as an example . I think NZ does have to change our ideas such as buying the latest car,TV, Ipod etc and get it on the credit card or interest free for 24 months. People are falling for advertising gimmicks how many TVs that work ok are thesedays chucked out its not good for the environment, then theres the lets buy a couple of rental houses idea. Because so many people are trying to make money off our fellow kiwis, its bumping the cost of living up way to high beyond what we earn. Wages havent really gone up in years sure the minimum wage has slightly but I dont think that really makes a difference. Until the average kiwi stops trying to rip each other off we cant expect things to change. Thats why we are borrowing so much money because we are trying to live a life we cant afford.

the croc

Postby the croc » Sat May 28, 2011 10:32 am

mike wrote:I think NZ does have to change our ideas such as buying the latest car,TV, Ipod etc and get it on the credit card or interest free for 24 months. People are falling for advertising gimmicks how many TVs that work ok are thesedays chucked out its not good for the environment.

Bang on Mike. This campaign below is currently running in Canada. It's fucking disgusting.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAAZ7iXN-o[/video]
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

mike

Postby mike » Sat May 28, 2011 2:43 pm

thanks for that I was a bit weary of commenting on this but we cant expect to keep living the way we are and think borrowing more money will change things unless that money is spent on ways we can improve/increase the amount of stuff we export without stuffing up our environment.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sat May 28, 2011 3:00 pm

mike wrote:thanks for that I was a bit weary of commenting on this but we cant expect to keep living the way we are and think borrowing more money will change things unless that money is spent on ways we can improve/increase the amount of stuff we export without stuffing up our environment.

its ok man, phils not here to argue non-sensically with what ever has been said . go hard

Return to “Current Affairs”