THE END IS TOMORROW NIGH'

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
wassup rockers

THE END IS TOMORROW NIGH'

Postby wassup rockers » Fri May 20, 2011 9:35 am

The US evangelical broadcaster predicting that Judgement Day will come tomorrow says he expects to stay close to a TV or radio to monitor the unfolding apocalypse.

Harold Camping, 89, previously made a failed prediction that Jesus Chris would return to Earth in 1994.

But the head of the Christian radio network Family Stations Inc says he is sure an earthquake will shake the Earth on May 21, sweeping true believers to heaven and leaving others behind to be engulfed in the world's destruction over a few months.

"We know without any shadow of a doubt it is going to happen," said Camping, whose Family Radio broadcasts in more than 30 languages and on US and international stations.

His supporters have posted about 2200 billboards around the United States about the coming apocalypse, and dozens of followers are driving across the country to spread the news.

Volunteers also handed out pamphlets warning about May 21 as far away as the Philippines, telling people God had left clear signs the world was coming to an end.

Camping, a civil engineer who ran his own construction business before turning to evangelism, told Reuters he planned to spend May 21 with his wife and watch the doomsday unfold.

"I'll probably try to be very near a TV or a radio or something," he said. "I'll be interested in what's happening on the other side of the world as this begins."

Like his last prediction, Camping's doomsday date is based on his reading of the Bible and a timeline dating back to ancient events including the Biblical flood survived by Noah.

Camping's pronouncement of a specific date for the apocalypse puts him outside the Christian mainstream.

But his contention that the souls of believers will leave their bodies and enter heaven in a rapture is a central tenet within many Christian churches.

Stephen O'Leary, an expert in religious communication at the University of Southern California, said the idea of rapture first appeared in Christian teaching in the 19th century.

"It is very appealing to people," said Barbara Rossing, professor of the New Testament at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago who describes "an enormous end-times prophecy industry" including video games, board games, books and more.

Tom Evans, a spokesman for Camping, said at least several tens of thousands of people listen to Family Radio's message.

One of those is Allison Warden, 29, of Raleigh, North Carolina, who most recently worked as a payroll clerk for an Ohio company and now runs the end-times website Wecanknow.com.

"My boss does not agree with this but has been very understanding and supportive," she said. "He thinks next week I'll be back to work like normal."

stink buzz

General Mutante

Re: THE END IS TOMORROW NIGH'

Postby General Mutante » Fri May 20, 2011 9:39 am

It's my birthday and all too.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri May 20, 2011 9:46 am

what better gift than the end of the world
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

skeetnigguh
VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO

Postby skeetnigguh » Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 am

Keen to see what kind of excuses these fagets come up with on Sunday...
ImageImageImage

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri May 20, 2011 9:52 am

the power of prayer
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 am

Where's Ken Ring when you need him?

kimura

Postby kimura » Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 pm

They just can't sit by and be outdone by the Mayans can they

NezumiNora

Postby NezumiNora » Fri May 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm most worried that I heard a bunch of Christians are planning to euthanise their pet to be rapture ready for tomorrow. Can't believe any adult human being would buy this shit. Others are planning on leaving their animals in the care of concerned atheists (who probably just don't want the animals to die needlessly).

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri May 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Get all the planking in you can boys

MAKE IT COUNT
Kramer Murphy and Associates

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Fri May 20, 2011 3:37 pm

problem is, everytime you try to explain why you find something in the bible complete nonsense, you end up sounding like one of those annoying know-it-all ranting atheists. which is frustrating as hell.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm

off topic slighty.... but i read a good letter to the news paper saying that religion is for people who are still afraid of the dark :lol:

(or something like that)

Green Bastard

Postby Green Bastard » Fri May 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:Get all the wanking in you can boys

MAKE IT COUNT

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Fri May 20, 2011 4:11 pm

:lol:

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

:lol:

NezumiNora

Postby NezumiNora » Fri May 20, 2011 4:48 pm

What is wrong with ranting know it all atheists? At least they are right.

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Fri May 20, 2011 4:51 pm

always going on about how stupid other beliefs are, quite similar to the fucking annoying behavior of preachers. i didn't mean atheists in general of course, just specifically the ones that have to let everyone know just what's what, yknow?

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri May 20, 2011 9:43 pm

The whole Rapture(tm) mythology is just taken from a few very vague lines in Revelations that, like a lot of the Bible, could be taken any way you want. Even more so considering the amount of times it's been translated and re-translated. It was the American Evangelicals that built it up into this huge thing that it is now.

That said, when I turn 33 tomorrow, if I burn you with my eyes or feast upon your tortured souls in the unworldly winds beneath the shadow of my hellish leathery wings, it's nothing personal. It's a family thing.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

undercover

Postby undercover » Sat May 21, 2011 5:25 am

so - anya you guys been beamed up, or are you still all bolted to the ground?

Devon

Postby Devon » Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

wassup rockers wrote:always going on about how stupid other beliefs are, quite similar to the fucking annoying behavior of preachers. i didn't mean atheists in general of course, just specifically the ones that have to let everyone know just what's what, yknow?

Haha, there was a dreadlocked cunt of a woman sitting around at my work doing that yesterday. Yelling about how science can explain everything.
Shut the fuck up, nobody cares, we're just trying to eat our lunch.
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi

Devon

Postby Devon » Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

BTW, cool rapture bro.

EDIT Sweet, so it's October 21st the world's gonna end now.
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi

martyrdamn

Postby martyrdamn » Sun May 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Rocky Rock Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rock Rockbottom » Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 pm

I THINK I MAY HAVE INADVERTENTLY SAVED THE WORLD FROM ARMAGEDDON.

This, from the center of one of my environmental ambient wanker records:

I MANUALLY LIFTED PHONO ARM DURING PLAYBACK.
https://spraguedawley.com

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Tue May 24, 2011 11:59 am

Cosmo Kramer wrote:off topic slighty.... but i read a good letter to the news paper saying that religion is for people who are still afraid of the dark :lol:

(or something like that)

i found it

[quote="Stephen Hawking]I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.[/quote]

thought that was pretty funny.

but now a week later since i first saw it. not so funny. but still a little funny.

oh

and

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 am

the washington post wrote:Radio evangelist Harold Camping said in a special broadcast Monday night on his radio program Open Forum that his predicted May 21, 2011 Rapture was “an invisible judgment day“ that he has come to understand as a spiritual, rather than physical event.

“We had all of our dates correct,” Camping insisted, clarifying that he now understands that Christ’s May 21 arrival was “a spiritual coming” ushering in the last five months before the final judgment and destruction.

In an hour and a half broadcast, Camping walked listeners through his numerological timeline, insisting that his teaching has not changed and that the world will still end on October 21, 2011.

“It wont be spiritual on October 21st,” Camping said, adding, “the world is going to be destroyed all together, but it will be very quick.”

Camping had previously pointed to October 21 as the last day on earth for all humanity.

His former assertion was that a faithful three percent would be physically pulled into heaven by God through the Rapture on May 21, to be followed by a five month period of great suffering known as the Tribulation, ending, finally, on October 21. On Monday’s broadcast, Camping speculated that perhaps a merciful God decided to spare humanity five months of “hell on earth.”

ah that explains it all, he's not a deluded mad old git clinging to his warped interpretation of a thousands year old belief system based on ignorance; god was just feeling a bit kind and decided to spare the sinners five months of hell on earth and make the end quick. what a good cunt god must be after all.

i mean really, how could you not believe everything this man says:
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

undercover

Postby undercover » Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 am

Reckon he's working a bit of a buy out clause into his rants for when nothing happens on Oct 21 too
that camping dick wrote:Wow - god's been even more kinder today.... see ya in another 6-months

ruff

Postby ruff » Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 am

Mate at uni thought it was funny anyone would believe any of this crap... then quoted a bible passage showing why it was crap... irony.

DillingerFreak

Postby DillingerFreak » Thu May 26, 2011 2:53 pm

i reckon he's just pushing the date back hoping that he'll die before his predictions, then it wont matter.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu May 26, 2011 3:13 pm

he's gonna feel like a right dick when he dies and realises he was wrong about everything
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu May 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Except he'll be dead
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Skoll

Postby Skoll » Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 am

Wouldn't surprise me if he knew he was wrong all along and is just making a quick buck off the flock. 666

Return to “Current Affairs”