lol! leet ha)(0rs leak guvermint secrets to teh interwebz!

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
akaxo

Re: lol! leet ha)(0rs leak guvermint secrets to teh interweb

Postby akaxo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:
I have no idea whether or when he got involved in the acquisition of the material. I do know — given the material leaked so far — that there is little beyond minor embarrassments contained within it.

judging the content of 251 287 cables by the content of 1 532 of them (only 0.6%) is a bit dumb. any analyst worth anything would know better, that's far too small a sample to judge anything.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Dead Kid wrote:
akaxo wrote:and anyway back to wikileaks, here's a handy tool for searching through all the docs leaked by them http://leaksearch.co.cc/

Did some searches. Didn't find anything about reptilian illuminati, extraterrestrials, Tesla or the moon and all that. Must all be boring stuff in there.
rumour has it there's some relating to UFOs yet to be released...

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:32 pm

thank fuck for TLDRs

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm

akaxo wrote:
Dead Kid wrote:
akaxo wrote:and anyway back to wikileaks, here's a handy tool for searching through all the docs leaked by them http://leaksearch.co.cc/

Did some searches. Didn't find anything about reptilian illuminati, extraterrestrials, Tesla or the moon and all that. Must all be boring stuff in there.
rumour has it there's some relating to UFOs yet to be released...

FJ's dick is a ufo
I think it's lint.

the croc

Postby the croc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:27 am

There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Pretty awesome that the US is trying to put together a Treason case against him.
All the defence would need to do is take in a dictionary and his passport.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:33 pm

ha yeah exactly, was talking about that very point the other night. US treason law even starts out with "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, ..." then goes on about aiding enemies etc. Unless they think australia is part of the US...

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm

It's never about what the law says, it's about who has the guns and the goons.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

the croc

Postby the croc » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 am

Pretty sure the treason call is just bad reporting. He can be charged with espionage however.

the croc

Postby the croc » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 am

Pretty sure the treason call is just bad reporting. He can be charged with espionage however.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 am

nicky hager has got some more new material in today's sunday star times. more recent cables this time.

talks about the free trade deal with the US that key said would be worth "billions and billions" to NZ and "position new zealand brilliantly for growth". MFAT official talking to US embassy about how this isn't the case and there will be very little benefit in reality giving a need to "manage" responses to public expectations which won't be met.

also recorded from the discussion are concerns on the US side with areas they see as standing in the way of the deal. namely GMO's not being allowed to be grown and sold unrestricted here, a need to loosen laws about importing of meat etc that could bring in diseases, problems with the acquisition of NZ land and iconic brands and the way pharmaceuticals are sold here. these are all things the US wants changed in order for the deal to go ahead, a deal that the key govt desperately wants and has as good as said is going to happen. no doubt any changes along these lines will be pushed through under urgency to avoid public discussion and input etc as they have an extraordinary liking for doing.

also is one about john key having a grovel for a meeting with obama and being all upset that it's not a definite after he said to journalists it would be. slimey little media obsessed figurehead cunt.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4474502 ... al-suspect

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:24 am

extensive list of nz related cables: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10695095

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:34 am

Key has no business using the phrase "billions and billions." It was coined by one of the most brilliant and humane minds of last century and is not to be chucked about by fuckwits.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Also the bit about how "Shonky Jonkey" told his Chinese masters his ministers would not meet the Dali Lama is a bit fucked.

Im not saying they SHOULD have met him, but to promise something like that to the Chinese Government shows (Amongst other things) what a slimey cunt he is.
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

Dan Ashcroft

Postby Dan Ashcroft » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Dalai llama's gotta be the CIA's most long serving anti-Chinese asset anyway. Fuck that guy.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:52 pm

also relevant re the dalai lama stuff is that when mccully was asked in parliament, months after key assured the chinese no ministers would meet the dalai lama, if there was a ban on govt ministers meeting the dalai lama he answered with a definite no and said he had discussed it with key. someone is lying somewhere, key to the chinese or key to mccully or mccully to parliament. as no ministers did meet him, key to the chinese can be ruled out. so either key mislead his foreign affairs minister or mccully lied to the house.

the rights or wrongs of meeting the dalai lama aren't too much of an issue really, it's the misleading nature of doing one thing while saying something else that is the dodgy bit. same thing as with the TPP, the reality is the opposite to what key is saying to the media and the nation. he's a lying slimey cunt who just says what will keep him popular, in my opinion of course :wink:

full text of the recently released nz related cables: http://static.stuff.co.nz/files/CablesDec192010.rtf

greenie

Postby greenie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Jenny Shipley "offered to educate National MPs on how to examine themselves for sexually transmitted diseases". It is unclear whether this was before or after National's coalition agreement with NZ First.

http://norightturn.blogspot.com/2010/12 ... ition.html
..... back to the primitive .......

www.che-lives.com/forum

www.huon.org rainforest protection in oz

www.savehappyvalley.org.nz

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Dan Ashcroft wrote:Dalai llama's gotta be the CIA's most long serving anti-Chinese asset anyway. Fuck that guy.

its not that i want to defend the dalai lama god knows hes not even a a white christian, but arent you a communist? mightnt you be a bit biased, or dare i say, virulently prejudiced?
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 pm

greenie wrote:
Jenny Shipley "offered to educate National MPs on how to examine themselves for sexually transmitted diseases". It is unclear whether this was before or after National's coalition agreement with NZ First.

http://norightturn.blogspot.com/2010/12 ... ition.html
now there's a terrifying image to imagine

not only that but the same cable that had that in it also says
...SHE IS INTERESTED IN WATER SPORTS...
now picture her lying on the ground in tight pvc yelling "PISS ON ME BURTON I'M YOUR DIRTY WHORE"

Dan Ashcroft

Postby Dan Ashcroft » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:
Dan Ashcroft wrote:Dalai llama's gotta be the CIA's most long serving anti-Chinese asset anyway. Fuck that guy.

its not that i want to defend the dalai lama god knows hes not even a a white christian, but arent you a communist? mightnt you be a bit biased, or dare i say, virulently prejudiced?

Unfortunately, I'm not a communist. But I am prejudiced against bald people with Himmlerish glasses, so you might be more right than you know.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:09 pm

true, maybe i got the wrong end of the stick, im just a bit wary of anyone showing chinas current regime in a positive light.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

greenie

Postby greenie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Nicky Hager on hanging out with wikileaks...

Cloak and dagger doesn't come close to describing how Nicky Hager came to secure the New Zealand WikiLeaks cables. He reveals the spy-novel subterfuge the group demanded, what it was like in their office the day the cables were released to the world, and offers a peek inside the mind of founder Julian Assange.

I HAVE had many careful meetings with sources during the last 20 years, but never anything as cautious and mysterious as this. I was heading overseas to meet the WikiLeaks team in the midst of heavy threats from the United States government and more imminent threats of police action. They were staying at a hidden location...

"The setting was utterly incongruous. The home was a marvellous example of Georgian elegance, a relic of the pre-industrial age...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-star-time ... and-dagger
19/12/2010
..... back to the primitive .......

www.che-lives.com/forum

www.huon.org rainforest protection in oz

www.savehappyvalley.org.nz

the croc

Postby the croc » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:12 am

WikiLeaks: Pfizer Opposed New Zealand Trade Deal

In other WikiLeaks news, newly released cables have shed more light on the pharmaceutical giant Pfizer. Last week on Democracy Now! we reported how Pfizer hired investigators to find evidence of corruption against the Nigerian attorney general to pressure him to drop legal action over fatal drug tests on Nigerian children. Now Pfizer’s actions in New Zealand have been exposed by WikiLeaks. Newly released cables show the pharmaceutical company lobbied against New Zealand getting a free trade agreement with the United States because it objected to New Zealand’s restrictive drug buying rules. In addition, cables show drug companies tried to get rid of New Zealand’s former health minister.

Spots2012

Postby Spots2012 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:09 pm

ok guys, simple question (inb4 ridicule) -

So were all the wikileaks cables released in one go, or are they being drip fed? Like for example, tonight on stuff I read about how US diplomats were saying that NZ govts reaction to israeli passport fraud was to curry favour with the muslim world.... is the reason we are reading about this now because they have only just been leaked, or because it's taken this long for journalists to trawl through the cables for an interesting read?

Also - if Assange and co are so bad for leaking the cables, aren't also the media bad for reporting the leaks? Or are conservative media (like fox), not reporting the leaks? Off to the fox website now. ..

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 pm

They are being drip fed. Suppose throwing that many out at once would lower the impact. I sincerely hope the best are yet to come.

PS - following the poor logic that Assange is guilty of treason, you would be obliged to prosecute every media outlet on the planet for publishing them as well.

Spots2012

Postby Spots2012 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:20 pm

What? No 'spots ur retarded' comments? What's happening to this world?

Also: searched 'wikileaks' on the fox news website, only one of the links refered to details of leaked documents, the others were more about efforst to stop wikileaks.

geetar_man

Postby geetar_man » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:23 am

Spots2012 wrote:What? No 'spots ur retarded' comments? What's happening to this world?

Also: searched 'wikileaks' on the fox news website, only one of the links refered to details of leaked documents, the others were more about efforst to stop wikileaks.

America's most trusted news source probably would want to avoid looking like they were suppressing material. Has been fun watching Fox's discourse unfold. They've taken a weird stance on the WikiLeaks debate

In the first few days of the cable releases, they were quick to politicize the scoop, as they scrambled to find an angle. In-house 'experts' explained how WikiLeaks was a journalistic organization, and that any government attempt to suppress the material was censorship. Anchors jumped at the chance to draw parallels between WikiLeaks and themselves, having speculative arguments about the right for Americans to know about their own country.

"Blah blah Democrats are Hitler, blah blah constitution, blah blah freedom of speech and press."

Simultaneously, Fox painted WikiLeaks as a cyber-terrorist organization that should be stamped out at all costs before they could destroy the world with long, boring documents that weren't worth reading. . Throw in a few stories on how Assange is a rapist who turns on friends, and mention with shock and horror that the releases are being translated into Arabic (the language of terrorists, doncha know?), and you've got something better than censorship.

Come to think of it, Fox has taken a fucking predictable stance.

spots ur retarded. Happy now?
one investigator said in an interview wrote:“Every bad guy known to man is on ICQ,”

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:31 am

Whatever else WikiLeaks may have revealed, one fact has been repeatedly confirmed: the US government under George Bush really loathed the documentary filmmaker Michael Moore.

After a leaked cable from US diplomats in Havana falsely claimed Cuba had banned Moore's documentary Sicko – when in fact it was shown on state television – another cable reveals US officials flying into a panic after hearing a rumour that a New Zealand cabinet minister was hosting a screening of Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/de ... l-moore-nz

Most of these cable leaks just make the US look really pathetic and petty

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 am

Micheal Moore is a glory-hunting, cut and paste, cocksucker. He is the "controlled opposition". Maggot.

i feel so much better after that. Off to get pissed now.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:18 am

Oh yeah I totally agree, which is why it makes the official US response that much more embarrassing.

Return to “Current Affairs”