Up to 30 miners missing in N.Z. mine blast

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Re: Up to 30 miners missing in N.Z. mine blast

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:40 pm

redswitch, if those guys wanted to go in there to save their friends and family its not for some little cunt like you to say no, and especially to be a smug fuckwit about it, when you feel like youre vindicated in your arrogant know it all attitude.

right about the fucking media tho, they are milking this shit for all its worth, i hope one of the coasters knocks one of those pricks out.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:47 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:redswitch, if those guys wanted to go in there to save their friends and family its not for some little cunt like you to say no, and especially to be a smug fuckwit about it, when you feel like you're vindicated in your arrogant know it all attitude.

It's not my call, and I'm not being smug. Reality is a person in there could well have triggered something, all it would do is add to the body count. I'm not vindicated, but I hope people who have made outrageous calls take stock of the situation. Already conspiracy theories are appearing... :roll:

right about the fucking media tho, they are milking this shit for all its worth, i hope one of the coasters knocks one of those pricks out.

No doubt they will do their best to get up close and personal with the families and the coasters. Fuck them, and fuck their bullshit speculation.
I think it's lint.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:50 pm

http://www.3news.co.nz/Pike-River-emergency-presser---Peter-Whittall-/tabid/309/articleID/187819/Default.aspx
Like the cock that pipes up at the end of this clip... Fuck I do not envy Peter Whitall.
I think it's lint.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Red_switch wrote:
xSUSPECTx wrote:redswitch, if those guys wanted to go in there to save their friends and family its not for some little cunt like you to say no, and especially to be a smug fuckwit about it, when you feel like you're vindicated in your arrogant know it all attitude.

It's not my call, and I'm not being smug. Reality is a person in there could well have triggered something, all it would do is add to the body count. I'm not vindicated, but I hope people who have made outrageous calls take stock of the situation. Already conspiracy theories are appearing... :roll:

yeah fair enough totally. emotive calls were understandable but it could have been 30+ instead of 29.

seriously if that was a nyah nyah told you so before then over half the people being interviewed by the media right now are doing exactly the same thing. the people coordinating the rescue knew what they were doing.

so stoked no one i know on the coast was working in that mine but feeling for them right now as they just had what they kind of knew confirmed and have lost a bunch of their good mates.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Yea it's rough, I know a few people in mining over there, no one at Pike River as far as I know though, but it will be tough on the whole community. That work is a lifeline for a lot of those people.
I think it's lint.

The Face

Postby The Face » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:11 pm

RIP - sad times.

[Tim]

Postby [Tim] » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 pm

RIP. Awful news. My thoughts go out to their friends and family.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 pm

akaxo wrote:
Red_switch wrote:

yeah fair enough totally. emotive calls were understandable but it could have been 30+ instead of 29.

Which was exactly what Redswitch had been saying the whole time. Fuck just drilling that extra hole and letting more o2 in could have triggered the explosion. Duggan was the Father of my mates baby, tragic as fuck.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:53 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:
akaxo wrote:
Red_switch wrote:It's not my call, and I'm not being smug. Reality is a person in there could well have triggered something, all it would do is add to the body count. I'm not vindicated, but I hope people who have made outrageous calls take stock of the situation. Already conspiracy theories are appearing... :roll:

Which was exactly what Redswitch had been saying the whole time. Fuck just drilling that extra hole and letting more o2 in could have triggered the explosion. Duggan was the Father of my mates baby, tragic as fuck.

Pretty sure the hole was capped to avoid that scenario, apparently it's normal practice to use some sort of nitrogen plug in that situation too, no doubt they would have taken plenty of precautions.

That sounds rough man, starting to hear about mates mates/rellies etc, stink.
I think it's lint.

svpam

Pike River Fu*K Up

Postby svpam » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:24 pm

All I can say is the Police fail blogged. What a pack of wimps.

Heres a similar story from ABC News:

Pike Valley Hostage Situation

Police were called out to a castle in Pike Valley after shots were heard coming from inside an abandoned Castle. Police were quick to surround the castle, and soon had reports that 29 people were being held hostage inside.

Swat was called to Pike Castle immediatly, a command post centre was set up, as well as a little container where senior officers could talk to the media about what was happening. Senior Officer Barry Poles stated "Yes, intial shots have been confirmed to have originated from the Castle, we fear for the safety of the hostages."

Police SWAT were kitted up, but upon approaching the archway entrance to the castle smelt something bad, so ran away. A robot was brought in later to go into the archway to see if it could find out which room the hostages were being kept in, but split on some beer left in the entranceway, and failed.

On day two, Senior Officer Barry Poles stated "The bad smell doesnt seem to be going away, its unsafe for SWAT to enter the building. We have tried to contact the terroists but they simply arent grabbing the wire we heaved through their windown".

Several days later, semi-automatic rifle fire was heard coming from the Castle - it is presumed all Hostages are dead. Prime Minister Ron Shmee states "Today is a national day of mourning".

Media have been asking Police such hard questions, like "Why didnt the SWAT team go in?" Police in Charge B. Poles stated "We arent prepared to say much about that, but we felt if members of SWAT went in, either the gun-shots or bad smell could of killed them".

An expert from Mines Anonymous, Peter Sharpes, said "Based on the sounds of the semi automatic rifle, and the flashes we saw in the window, its safe to presume all the hostages are either dead or nearly so"

Australian Monoxide teams will arrive in 2 days to pump mustard gas into the Castle to kill the rest of the terroists, thereby making it safe for teams to start pulling corpses out.

ABC News, Moscow

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 pm

oh god this brainless fool is back

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Fuck off and take your meds you loony old cunt.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

svpam

Postby svpam » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:38 pm

piss off you police loving asshole.

and stop trolling. try and catch the comedic nature of my masterpiece. page 5 if you missed it

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:46 pm

hahha. wow.

and the middy came home, first thing she says "well, they're already buried i guess"

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 pm

my mate came over yesterday and was singing 'were sending our love down the well'
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:my mate came over yesterday and was singing 'were sending our love down the well'

this whole thing is a major stinkbuzz, but i cant help but feel if that song had been sung more, everything would have turned out okay.

i feel bad for the friends and family. although it would have been better had they been rescued, i hope that they didnt suffer.

and im sure bono will have something heartfelt to say tomorrow night, that smug fuck.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm

oh fuck i'd forgotten bono was in town!

oh i know he's going to say something cheesey and everything from him is just too much smarmy git these days. Like Liberace.

I make a motion that, if Bono says something smarmy tomorrow, we throw him down a fucking hole.

Any seconders?
http://aotearoa666.com/

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Backed.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:05 am

This sucks. Stink as. RIP.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

arkie

Postby arkie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 am

It's been a tragic loss of life, and my thoughts are with those who have lost loved ones. R I P

The enquiries into this terrible situation will be interesting to follow; what caused the initial explosion, did the pike river mine have adequate ventilation, what caused the second explosion, does the mining industry have to develop new processes to prevent a similar situation happening elsewhere? etc. etc.

However I have already heard the police saying that they will never know if any of the miners were still alive before the second blast, which I think is discomforting for the families, only able to hope there wasn't suffering. I know IRL CSI is bullshit but surely some clarity is needed for those left without husbands/brothers/sons etc. Enhance?

The news media/vultures need to be backing off fairly rapidly, grief is not for public consumption. Their poking and probing of coasters will not gain them friends there, and I hope the rest of us aren't as voyueristic as the news media's coverage of this event makes us seem.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:25 am

arkie wrote:The enquiries into this terrible situation will be interesting to follow; ... does the mining industry have to develop new processes to prevent a similar situation happening elsewhere? etc. etc.
you mean like introducing the recommendations of the report prepared for the govt in 2008 on mining safety that the nats did nothing about when they came in? at least that part of the work has already been done.

arkie wrote:The news media/vultures need to be backing off fairly rapidly, grief is not for public consumption. Their poking and probing of coasters will not gain them friends there, and I hope the rest of us aren't as voyueristic as the news media's coverage of this event makes us seem.
has been pretty sickening, haven't been able to watch the tv news since yesterday afternoon after hearing about the second blast.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 am

yeh it feels awful watching the families suffer and seeing their pictures all over newspaper sites as they grieve. Going to stay outside today in the sunshine and paint a goddamn fence
http://aotearoa666.com/

arkie

Postby arkie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:48 am

The enquiries into this terrible situation will be interesting to follow; ... does the mining industry have to develop new processes to prevent a similar situation happening elsewhere? etc. etc.

you mean like introducing the recommendations of the report prepared for the govt in 2008 on mining safety that the nats did nothing about when they came in? at least that part of the work has already been done.

Yeah, that was press-release-speak!

No doubt blame will be splashed around liberally, there will be reactionary legislation and unhelpful reflections on what could have been. etc, etc. And the government will come out looking pretty good (to the general public).

Going to stay outside today in the sunshine and paint a goddamn fence

Damn good idea.

FrankGrimes

Postby FrankGrimes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 am

Family friend of mine is on call to be the forensic dentist for this.. do not envy his job...

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:31 pm

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/pike-rive ... inspectors

Updated at 8:24pm on 24 November 2010

The Government has rejected calls to reinstate a system of on-site mine safety inspectors.

The Engineering, Printing and Manufacturing Union wants the system, which was abolished in the early 1990s, brought back.

The union says the system is a vital protection for workers.

The union's head, Andrew Little, said a Department of Labour review in 2008 found that New Zealand's mining standards lagged behind those in many Australian states.

Mr Little believed the report was overlooked and urged the Government to look at the report's recommendations after the Pike River Coal disaster was dealt with.

In a submission to the review in 2008, Pike River Coal also asked that more mine inspectors be made available.

But Labour Minister Kate Wilkinson says the Department of Labour has advised her there were often unproductive stand-offs between the inspectors and mine managers, and the system should not be brought back.

Ms Wilkinson says Cabinet has already been debating changes requiring a higher level of competency for mine managers with fewer than 20 workers.

International mine safety adviser David Feickert says the old system formed a safety triangle involving the mine manager, a powerful government mine inspector and an independent on-site inspector.

Mr Feickert says the system is still in place in Australia and Britain, and those countries have a lower level of incidents.

He says the inquiry after the Pike River Coal mine disaster must include international experts who can compare New Zealand's safety structure with other models.

Copyright © 2010, Radio New Zealand
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:06 pm

I think independent (govt as opposed to mine management) inspection would probably be a good thing. I guess one argument against it would be that environmental performance is now monitored under RMA compliance (although that tends to be pretty weak) as well as DOC concession compliance monitoring (which is pretty strong in some areas) so an national mines inspection service would be purely a safety role, not necessarily a bad thing, and that may actually reduce some of the friction that had existed between mine managers and inspectors.

One of the big catalysts for the loss of govt mine inspection was the closure of the national School of Mines, something that should probably also re-appear (as many in the industry have attested). That school was fucked from the moment it shifted from Otago Uni to Auckland Uni. There have been some calls (mainly from the mining industry) for it to be re-established, they'd like to see it back at Otago where combined expertise from the Geology, Surveying and Geography (which included environmental management and planning) Departments, which are all very strong performers, would provide a strong base for such a school. If NZ seriously wants to get ahead in the mining industry, and do so on the back of local skill/expertise, then this would be a massive boost. Many feel that the current training offered in NZ (with graduates typically arriving with a geology OR geography OR surveying background is too fragmented).
I think it's lint.

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah it seems like it wouldn't take much to get to get mine inspectors back. It's pretty much the equivalent of Fisheries Observers in the fishing industry, they can legally stop a vessel from sailing if they are unhappy with safety conditions. Berthing costs can be up to a couple of thousand per day as well as days lost fishing makes it worth the companies while to make sure everything is up to standard. It can make for some awkward situations but at the end of the days it avoids deaths then I think it's worth it.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Stop trying to wreck the economy with your lies about safety you godless communist. We all know your game and if you're not careful we'll post roll eyes at you, and then you'll go crying right back to Russia.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm

all this talk of 'safety' is just going to take money from the mouths of starving miners children, you may as well have refused rescue efforts in favour of an untried and inappropriate robot you criminal child hater.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:17 pm

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Return to “Current Affairs”