Queensland govt to consider banning sales of cats and dogs.

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Spots2012

Queensland govt to consider banning sales of cats and dogs.

Postby Spots2012 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:09 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/ ... -pet-shops

The Queensland government has been asked to ban pet shops from selling cats and dogs.

A petition tabled in state parliament today and signed by 2597 people outlined what it called the "cruel practice" of selling cats and dogs in pet shops.

The petition - launched by concerned residents Rachel Ballinger and her teenage daughter Maisie Ball - says unwanted pets were often put down after spur-of-the-moment purchases and Queensland should follow the lead of other countries that had banned pet shops from selling cats and dogs.

"Animals are often purchased by ill-informed people who later discard their pet when they realise that pet ownership is not as easy or cheap as they thought," the petition says.

"... Your petitioners request the House to ban all pet shops from selling cats and dogs."

In 2008, the government introduced a code of conduct designed to lower the numbers of unloved pets.

The code encouraged pet shops to ensure animals went only to suitable homes.

Under it, prospective owners were to be talked through the responsibilities of pet ownership and whether a pet matched that person's lifestyle.

It was also aimed at ensuring all cats and dogs were microchipped and desexed before they reached breeding age.

This is pretty progressive. I totally agree with this law.

Lurch

Re: Queensland govt to consider banning sales of cats and do

Postby Lurch » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Nah.

I think a better idea would be simply compulsory desexing. ie: You don't get a choice because it is done before the animal is sold. Steps would have to be made to make sure licensed breeders don't get all inbreed like they have in england though.

Microchipping is still stupid.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 pm

whatever rueban, theres way more reasons to ban this than that, i agree with david, ban this shit, buying kittens and puppies is just wrong, altho i think there should be provisions for thoroughbreds and that ilk and working dogs etc, but pet shops and puppy farms need to be outlawed, its fucked up.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Good idea. Seen a few stories on puppy farms lately in the news - what a pack of abusive, greedy cunts.

Apart from heavily regulating breeders, it'd be good if more people who couldn't afford pedigrees were sent to shelters to get pets.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm

prexactly!
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:23 pm

I grew up down the road from a bloke who bred dogs and he was an utter cunt to his animals. My old man and I were out in the park with our mutant bitzer and found him choking the fuck out of one of his prize specimens for some minor indiscretion. Mutante The Elder got angry, as he is prone to do, and nearly thumped the bastard. This resulted in him having a big cry and threatening to call the cops, which he probably would have done on the spot if it wasn't 1987 and nobody except ultra-yuppies had mobile phones.

It's funny how cunts that pick on children and animals completely drop nuts when confronted by another adult.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 am

if the problem is dodgy puppy farms etc then surely proposing legislation to regulate them would be better. i'm not keen on govt poking it's nose into dog ownership, all manner of fuck ups tend to happen like dangerous breed banning etc has. i stubbornly refused to desex the male dog i had and would do the same again. i'm against any law to make it compulsory to desex dogs, for various reasons, it shouldn't be the govt's decision, it's none of their fucking business.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:56 am

well, private sale of pets, perhaps a limit of 3 per year or some such should be allowed, its just pet shops that need squashing, i hate those fucking places, you must have to hate animals to go in them.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:00 am

Particularly when theres a butload of animals at the SPCA that need a home/saving
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 pm

akaxo wrote: i stubbornly refused to desex the male dog i had and would do the same again. i'm against any law to make it compulsory to desex dogs, for various reasons, it shouldn't be the govt's decision, it's none of their fucking business.

And because you didn't he wandered, started killing stock, and was shot.
Dumb.
Uncinia vector

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:05 pm

no more cats and dogs, you can make cats and dogs a complete thing of the past

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:10 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:
akaxo wrote: i stubbornly refused to desex the male dog i had and would do the same again. i'm against any law to make it compulsory to desex dogs, for various reasons, it shouldn't be the govt's decision, it's none of their fucking business.

And because you didn't he wandered, started killing stock, and was shot.
Dumb.

um yeah na he lost his balls before going up north and that happening thanks very much so can't see how that's related actually. more like the upbringing where he was able to go out into the bush on my property and kill whatever he found not adjusting very well to farm life. and if he was with me i wouldn't have had him loose around stock because i knew him but seeing as i was on the other island it was out of my hands somewhat. that fucking damn near broke my heart him getting shot like that, thanks for that comment. feel free to tell jamie he was dumb for having a dog he was using for hunting loose around stock while fencing and unable to keep an eye on him properly if you see him up north sometime, i won't, i'm grateful he took him. shit happens and you can't change it. sorry, touchy subject...
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Return to “Current Affairs”