Race vs Culture - CAN OF WORMS

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Maleficent
mama poopoo

Re: Race vs Culture - CAN OF WORMS

Postby Maleficent » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Caesar's writings are propaganda. He wrote them with the intention of getting at the Roman Senate and making himself look good to the Roman public.

The dude was a genius, he could do so many things, but his perspective on Gaul and the Celts was definitely an Imperialist one.
But that's Roman's for you - nothing could beat that refined city of civilisation, except possibly the Greeks, but they touched each other's bottoms and were quite open about it, that's one thing the Romans could not countenance.

Unless they were on holiday in Greece, of course. Bloody toga lifters.

Croc - thanks for the gaulish correction hehehe!
http://aotearoa666.com/

CFH

Postby CFH » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:04 pm

General Mutante wrote:
Congratulations on missing several heavily made points that were rammed home with all the subtlety of a home invasion. You are an alarming example of critters that don't process shit.

na, I processed the shit

CFH

Postby CFH » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:11 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:the maori culture at the time just before and when europeans arrived here was EXTREMELY violent

come on guys learn to process the shit

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 pm

it could be argued that the culture of the invading english was far far more violent, in fact i think anyone making that argument would probably succeed.
especially if they were documenting the violence of the english against anyone who wasnt english, in all the history ive read ive never come across more reference to brutality and sadistic terrorising of the various native peoples unfortunate enough to fall under the wheels of brittannias chariot.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:42 pm

I don't know, it could be argued both ways probably using different criteria for what constitutes worse violence. In the context of the argument of cultural violence you could probably argue there was a culture of violence with Maori but not the English, since they were building an empire rather than just looking for war.

Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com

Postby Martli » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 pm

CFH wrote:I don't know, it could be argued both ways probably using different criteria for what constitutes worse violence. In the context of the argument of cultural violence you could probably argue there was a culture of violence with Maori but not the English, since they were building an empire rather than just looking for war.

i think, with this post as the main piece of evidence, it could be successfully argued that you dont know what the fuck youre talking about.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

you think theres no difference?

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:
CFH wrote:I don't know, it could be argued both ways probably using different criteria for what constitutes worse violence. In the context of the argument of cultural violence you could probably argue there was a culture of violence with Maori but not the English, since they were building an empire rather than just looking for war.

i think, with this post as the main piece of evidence, it could be successfully argued that you dont know what the fuck youre talking about.

teehee
http://aotearoa666.com/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 pm

no difference between what? your grasp of history and my impeccable timing and delivery?

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:

to be honest that does seem like a pretty retarded post theres too many different arguments at once. Too simplify, Maleficent's asterix post was retarded cos it was objecting to a fair point which was typically biased. Secondly because the analogy was flawed in that the original point was about pre-European Maori, unless I missed an in joke or something.

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:14 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:no difference between what? your grasp of history and my impeccable timing and delivery?

no difference between tribal warfare which from many accounts had little in the way of purpose and violence for the sake of Imperialism within the context of a debate about violence as a cultural trait?

Between those? No I think impeccable adequately describes both

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:27 pm

well i think mel was pointing out that the culture of our 'white' ancestors was actually pretty similar to the our maori, ive often noticed similarities between the culture of the ancient gaels and the bretons and that of the pre-european maori myself, so it was a point well made, a lot of the violence we might attribute to the maori was a result of them being attacked in the first place, just like how the irish and the scots are known for their warlike qualities.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:39 pm

CFH wrote:
xSUSPECTx wrote:no difference between what? your grasp of history and my impeccable timing and delivery?

no difference between tribal warfare which from many accounts had little in the way of purpose and violence for the sake of Imperialism within the context of a debate about violence as a cultural trait?

Between those? No I think impeccable adequately describes both

yeh, id say theres no difference, expansion is expansion, whether youre alexander the great or youre chief bozo of the barockians, killing people to take what they have is the same regardless.

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 pm

If the purpose was expansion then its obviously the same

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 pm

um... what other purpose possible?

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:29 pm

"living space"
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 pm

cos they were violent

svpam

Postby svpam » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 pm

it could be argued that the culture of the invading english was far far more violent, in fact i think anyone making that argument would probably succeed.
especially if they were documenting the violence of the english against anyone who wasnt english, in all the history ive read ive never come across more reference to brutality and sadistic terrorising of the various native peoples unfortunate enough to fall under the wheels of brittannias chariot

That may well be well very well so - but the an invading force on any front will be violent. For the majority of law abiding english citizens, living in London perhaps, I dare say the culture was particulary violent at all. And I think anyone making that argument would be correct.

svpam

Postby svpam » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 pm

:P Hey everyone

I have quite liked the way this thread has turned out. Its promoted a heap of conversations and debate amoungst Punkas. Isnt it cool seeing the anarchy taking place. LOL.

God I love stirring, although I am not the TROLL some people make me out to be

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:47 am

haha, face to name im the only one who's got ya

svpam

Postby svpam » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:15 am

address to username, Im the only one that has you lol

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:59 pm

somehow i doubt that chump

svpam

Postby svpam » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Really? How far are you wanting to take that comment lol

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:21 pm

you could try prove it

Hamtown Dave

Postby Hamtown Dave » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:35 pm

svpam wrote:address to username, Im the only one that has you lol

Pffft... I bet there's tonnes of people on here who know Phil's address, and plenty more who could find it out if they wanted.
ONE MAN CREW

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 pm

thats actually true

skirmish

Postby skirmish » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 am

xSUSPECTx wrote:Image

either you're paying through the nose for private proxies or you're internet's gona be running slower than a snorlax on a particularly lazy sunday :mrgreen:

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am

or im only using 3 proxies

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 pm

wish i could remember who this dickhead was, he lived in tauranga
"Look how happy he is"

Return to “Current Affairs”