Govt Bans All Smoking In Prisons

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Re: Govt Bans All Smoking In Prisons

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 am

its not a theory, youd have to have your head pretty far up your own ass to not see it.
do you really labour under the misapprehension that politicians are honest?
theres really way too much money involved for honesty to be a popular option.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

tyrannosaurus mark wrote:You guys should write a conspiracy theories website about it, chuck some lizard men in there too, really alienate the majority of interested people.

Don't forget a healthy dose of personal attacks toward those who don't instantly understand/believe what you are saying
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 am

PertHJ wrote:
tyrannosaurus mark wrote:You guys should write a conspiracy theories website about it, chuck some lizard men in there too, really alienate the majority of interested people.

Don't forget a healthy dose of personal attacks toward those who don't instantly understand/believe what you are saying

Personal attacks are one of the most important tools in making people agree with you.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm

the croc wrote:
PertHJ wrote:

Personal attacks are one of the most important tools in making people agree with you.

Psych 101 as.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:46 pm

tyrannosaurus mark wrote:
the croc wrote:
PertHJ wrote:Don't forget a healthy dose of personal attacks toward those who don't instantly understand/believe what you are saying

Psych 101 as.

A hot 18 year old girl dressed to impress?
I think it's lint.

Phlegm

Postby Phlegm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 pm

akaxo wrote:
Phlegm wrote:Funding nicotine patches is something non-smokers should be against.

sorry but that makes no sense. funding patches is cheaper for society than funding all the health costs of continued smoking. funding patches is probably an example of a policy that is a win-win for smokers and non-smokers alike

Why should someone that has never smoked fund someone that has been tempted and developed an addiction quit? Paying for someone else's poor life choices through tax makes no sense.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:WHAT DOES THAT MEANT TO MEAN

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

We pay for peoples poor life choices all the time. People that hurt themselves cause they got drunk, people who get knocked up by a one night stand and go on the DPB, people that eat fatty foods and then get heart disease, people that have no skills and a shit job and need government top ups to live. Why should this be any different? Like akaxo said, you're actually saving money in the long run by buying them a few patches so they quit.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:11 pm

we have a national health service (at the moment), nicotine patches for a lot of people costs less to the tax payer than treating how ever many of them would get lung/throat cancers etc if they didn't quit. simple really. or are you also advocating not treating people who can't afford health treatment for smoking related illnesses too?
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 pm

All my ACC claims have been for things I probably shouldn't have been doing
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

YULE

Postby YULE » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Couldn't you say that smokers pay for the patches themselves? After all a bulk of the cost of ciggies is tax

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 pm

^ agreed.

"prison is a business, its not in their interests to rehabilitate offenders" is untrue if privatization goes ahead and is remunerated based on rehabilitation rates, which seems to be a likely event.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:12 pm

[Tim] wrote:Sounds like they are trying to purposely cause prison violence to justify changes to the system further down the track.
http://aotearoa666.com/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:45 pm

PertHJ wrote:

yeh, should just keep saying the same thing over and over again and again and again, cos normal people have such trouble seeing the obvious.
id honestly rather punch cunts in the head than attempt to explain something i despise them for preferring to pretend isnt happening.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Why such a trend towards a "fuck you" society?

Look at all the prominent media figures in New Zealand that encourage really petty and punitive attitudes towards just about everyone who qualifies for being scapegoat of the week. No positive solutions are ever discussed, it's all about more punishment and it's bullshit.

Those cunts do their best to manufacture public opinion and the extent to which they are successful is really sad. It doesn't take much looking around to get the real picture.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 pm

violence and hate is all they will understand

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:25 am

this is really worth listening to. interview with Peter Williams QC, and GC, on this
http://www.95bfm.com/assets/sm/196145/3 ... risons.mp3 [...]
interesting that when the same thing was tried in canada their supreme court ruled that the corrections dept had no legal right to stop prisoners smoking.

http://penal-system.suite101.com/articl ... moking_ban
This is a helpful summary of the case in Canada that was referred to by Peter Williams QC.

The Court held the total ban on smoking went too far and it struck down the part of the directive that prohibited inmates from smoking outside. Although the case was taken under Canada's Charter of Rights, the judgment was decided on the basis of the Corrections and Conditional Release Act, which provides that offenders are to have the same rights and privileges that everyone else in society has, except insofar as it is necessary to restrict those rights and privileges to properly carry out the inmate’s sentence.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 am

Smokes, let's go.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 am

i'm keen to learn more about the urgency process. how it needs to be justified and who approves it etc. do they just apply to the speaker and get a yes or no?

off to the parliament website for me i guess...

svpam

Postby svpam » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 am

who gives a rats ass what happens in prisons. "Oh no, not the ciggerettes!!" Guess Ill just have to watch this TV the state has provided me, or perhaps my roast meal or just relax in this heated cell with warming floorboards.
Our prisoners lead sheltered lives, Fact.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 am

no it's not a fact at all

the croc wrote:Former prison manager Celia Lashlie predicts havoc in prisons following a ban on smoking.
The former head of Christchurch Women's Prison told Nine to Noon the move is not about secondhand smoke. She says the Government is trying to appeal to "redneck" New Zealanders by appearing tough on people in prison.

looks like she was right on the mark and it's working

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah people who don't share the same opinion as you are hard out rednecks.

Half my work has been to jail. And from what i've heard it's really not that bad. Some pretty good times storys even.
Kinda makes me laugh, one of them actually took up smoking in there.

svpam

Postby svpam » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:12 am

I suggest our prisoners harden the fuck up and stop having a whinge, cry, or just a fucken sook about it.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 am

lol, i suggest you tell them that yourself.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:53 am

mmmm....good crack wrote:Yeah people who don't share the same opinion as you are hard out rednecks.

generally, yep :wink:

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 am

I kinda meant that as taking the piss, but that's fairly hypocritical as i'm exactly the same :)

svpam

Postby svpam » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 am

When Im convicted of an imprisonable offence and get stuck in their, Ill let them know that. Not much left to lose when you get put in prison aye? Besides your smokes :lol:

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 pm

nah, somehow i dont think youd say shit.

svpam

Postby svpam » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:18 pm

somehow I dont think youd say shit either.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:46 pm

i wouldnt say something that stupid no, but then i dont hold such stupid views.
however i do tend to express my views at the slightest provocation, so you probably found another thing to be wrong about.

svpam

Postby svpam » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Like I said from square one, who gives a rats ass about prison and whether they can smoke? God

Return to “Current Affairs”