The Giant Prison

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!

Is it good or bad

shows auckland city is full of thugs and an easy place to score P
18%
is ridiculous in the middle of the city
18%
looks like an awesome way to get an inner city apartment for free
64%

Total votes: 22

Red_switch

Re: The Giant Prison

Postby Red_switch » Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:
Rude Mike wrote:I'm pretty sure a few prisons already have basement levels like that.

in the movies ...yeh.

Basement of Invercargill Prison is pretty much like that. They do have windows, but they don't actually get any decent amount of natural light.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun May 30, 2010 4:06 pm

true, you for got to say that your dads friends lawyer told you.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sun May 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Did a bit of work there mate. Saw 'em from the outside and got the low down from the guard that did our site induction.

Quite interesting, doing contracting work at a prison.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun May 30, 2010 5:51 pm

they will have a yard tho man, its a bit diff to being 5 stories down.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon May 31, 2010 7:16 am

uh, yea, no shit. Not exactly where they spend the bulk of their time though is it?
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 am

whats your point?

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 am

Surely an underground prison would also have at least one above-ground level for "yard"-like activities and vitamin D absorption.

My office doesn't get any natural light. Damn ministry...treating me like an animal.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fL68DbcQ0[/youtube]
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon May 31, 2010 12:18 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:whats your point?

What's yours?
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm

that being forced to live 5 stories underground like a morlock is inhumane and probably illegal.
if they were taken to an above ground yard it might be ok, legally, but logistically impractical.
its a stupid idea for lots of reasons, lets stop talking about it now i sense that this is quickly heading toward extreme retardedness.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon May 31, 2010 12:35 pm

nazi scum wrote:I think the main point here is that the councillors thought it would be 5 stories, but the justice dept are not subject to the resource consents act and just did what they want, with no respect for the citizens.

If govt depts had to comply with the regulations that the govt sets, the jail would only be 5 stories...

I haven't really been following this at all, has it been said that the Justice dept are exempt from the RMA? I would have thought that the operation of a prison on that site would be a controlled activity, and that what they are doing falls within the subsequent allowances. I could be wrong though... pretty much all govt departments do have to comply with the RMA, it takes up a shitload of time for DOC for example.
I think it's lint.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon May 31, 2010 12:37 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:that being forced to live 5 stories underground like a morlock is inhumane and probably illegal.
if they were taken to an above ground yard it might be ok, legally, but logistically impractical.
its a stupid idea for lots of reasons, lets stop talking about it now i sense that this is quickly heading toward extreme retardedness.

I dunno man, like bridge points out, plenty of people work in environments with no natural light... once you are underground does it really make a difference how deep you are (well assuming that we confine this to continental crust)? As it is, the inmates in this new block won't be able to see out the windows that they do have, so I guess they really serve no function other than a cheap light source.

Do underground cells and yard access have to be mutually exclusive?
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon May 31, 2010 12:50 pm

what do you dunno about?
the current cells have pretty minimal light as it is, i was never talking about that, but unless the prisons are getting elevators then transporting prisoners 5 stories twice daily will be impossible for pretty obvious reasons.

this has gone waay off the original topic now... i was more objecting to the ignorant 'lock em up and throw away the key' attitude... i dont really care to discuss the logistics of moving prisoners around thank you.

Rude Mike

Postby Rude Mike » Mon May 31, 2010 5:38 pm

How about this guys?

A prison....

AT THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
PILLAGE - http://www.myspace.com/pillagegppvt
Thrashing grinding powerviolence coming straight at you at the speed of death.

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Mon May 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Isnt that how aucklanders view it as anyway?

OH HAHAHAHA, YES I JUST DID!
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon May 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Must be why it's at Mt Eden. The prison is a portal to the hollow Earth's inner colony.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Mon May 31, 2010 6:38 pm

We should throw them in the volcanoes around Auckland, then nuke the volcanoes and seal them up so their souls can't get out.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 pm

mt eden is a place were they put normal people to turn them into violent criminals, its a the most successful criminal training college in the country.

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Mon May 31, 2010 7:12 pm

pretty accurate.

remand there is meant to be pretty gnarly. completely unstreamed.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon May 31, 2010 7:31 pm

yeh ive heard some pretty rough stories, dont think itd be much fun.

snake

Postby snake » Mon May 31, 2010 10:20 pm

Red_switch wrote:I haven't really been following this at all, has it been said that the Justice dept are exempt from the RMA? I would have thought that the operation of a prison on that site would be a controlled activity, and that what they are doing falls within the subsequent allowances. I could be wrong though... pretty much all govt departments do have to comply with the RMA, it takes up a shitload of time for DOC for example.

Govt departments aren't exempt from the Resource Management act. The Ministry will have a designation to build the prison on the site, like NZTA have designations on motorways so they can make upgrades etc without having to get new consents each time.

Sucks for the schools and sportsfields if they get overshadowed by the thing

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Its just Auckland Boys Grammar and St Peters that get effected by it. Bottom field at Grammar has always only had a big stonewall between it and Mt Eden prison. Was awesome viewing back in the 90's when those fellas broke onto the roof and camped up there for a bit.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm

snake wrote:
Red_switch wrote:I haven't really been following this at all, has it been said that the Justice dept are exempt from the RMA? I would have thought that the operation of a prison on that site would be a controlled activity, and that what they are doing falls within the subsequent allowances. I could be wrong though... pretty much all govt departments do have to comply with the RMA, it takes up a shitload of time for DOC for example.

Govt departments aren't exempt from the Resource Management act. The Ministry will have a designation to build the prison on the site, like NZTA have designations on motorways so they can make upgrades etc without having to get new consents each time.

Sucks for the schools and sportsfields if they get overshadowed by the thing

isn't it just glammer and st beatups there?

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Thats exactly what I said right above you boltz. But lolz on the Glammer and St Beatups cunt
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 pm

ha. i scan threads selectively to see if i've been quoted pretty much.

InkedScot

Postby InkedScot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:02 am

Friend of mine was saying that instead of prisons we should just load criminals in helicopters and throw them into the ocean a certain distance from the country based on the severity of the offence.

Simple assault - they fly you out 4 or 5 miles and throw you out if you manage to swim back your free
Murder - they fly out 300 miles into open ocean chum the water and wait for sharks.

See there's no reason for prisons, :twisted:

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 am

as much as your bravado and tough guy posturing already gave it away, it's pretty clear you've never been anything but a straightlaced , bland cunt.

:lol:

InkedScot

Postby InkedScot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:12 am

crain wrote:as much as your bravado and tough guy posturing already gave it away, it's pretty clear you've never been anything but a straightlaced , bland cunt.

:lol:
and I could just as easily say you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 am

and you'd be wrong. further proof P.K.O were one of the few good things to come out of 210.

InkedScot

Postby InkedScot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 am

crain wrote:and you'd be wrong. further proof P.K.O were one of the few good things to come out of 210.
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm convinced english isn't your first language.

Return to “Current Affairs”