The Giant Prison

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!

Is it good or bad

shows auckland city is full of thugs and an easy place to score P
18%
is ridiculous in the middle of the city
18%
looks like an awesome way to get an inner city apartment for free
64%

Total votes: 22

yipeeyiyo

The Giant Prison

Postby yipeeyiyo » Thu May 27, 2010 2:24 pm

So i see this made front of the paper today, i gots to admit it seemed to get real massive real quick.. please voice your opinions and indulge in a vote

CowzOr

Re: The Giant Prison

Postby CowzOr » Thu May 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Should've put it in the harbour. Underwater.
general wrote:one alternative to democracy is listening to a lunatic like blair ranting out about "real freedom" like an incoherent brain-damaged drunk.

cool guy69 wrote:mods please sticky this thread

yipeeyiyo

Postby yipeeyiyo » Thu May 27, 2010 6:56 pm

apparently it is 5 storeys higher than the council were expecting( which would have bought it up to the m/way level)! WTF how does that happen?

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Thu May 27, 2010 8:27 pm

link?
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

CowzOr

Postby CowzOr » Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 pm

They're not going to knock it down just because it's ugly. You'd have to knock down half of auckland because the architecture sucks.

Might be a good start actually.

Just paint it pink and be done with it
general wrote:one alternative to democracy is listening to a lunatic like blair ranting out about "real freedom" like an incoherent brain-damaged drunk.

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Fri May 28, 2010 8:56 am

CowzOr wrote:Should've put it in the harbour. Underwater.
why?

yipeeyiyo

Postby yipeeyiyo » Fri May 28, 2010 10:07 am

to hide it, as this thread is about a visual eyesore.
Im sweet with holding your hand and walking you throught some other threads if you want

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri May 28, 2010 10:35 am

Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

xBOSSx

Postby xBOSSx » Fri May 28, 2010 10:47 am

crain wrote:
CowzOr wrote:Should've put it in the harbour. Underwater.
why?

Cos no one wants them.
Its a pretty good idea really.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuB_IQVPlg[/youtube]

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 am

cos even petty crimes deserve a death sentence, carried out by being drowned in a tidal cell.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri May 28, 2010 11:24 am

General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Akuma
TOHLG™

Postby Akuma » Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:cos even petty crimes deserve a death sentence, carried out by being drowned in a tidal cell.

this here is a man who knows what he's talking about!

Dan Ashcroft

Postby Dan Ashcroft » Fri May 28, 2010 5:54 pm

...those woolly bloody legal experts need to pull their bloody heads in. Ordinary Kiwis want the punishment to fit the crime. Tidal drowning for the theft of a third pizza might have made Bailey bloody Kurariki think bloody twice, Leighton."

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri May 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Akuma wrote:
xSUSPECTx wrote:cos even petty crimes deserve a death sentence, carried out by being drowned in a tidal cell.

this here is a man who knows what he's talking about!

yep, ive done a lot of research on tidal execution, you can tie someone to a post or bury them in the sand at low tide and leave them to drown, its pretty neat.
you can also do this with a cell, built in the ocean, so that when the tide comes in they are trapped in the cell and the water kills them and then you can put the next rabid recidivist pizza thief in there to meet his foul red behorned maker!
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Sounds like an interesting Deistic theory.

Anyway, why not just build it with most the levels below ground? Its secure, relatively cheap, won't (immediately) kill prisoners, and takes away the eyesore.
And then maybe the prisoners that behave but aren't parole worthy can go to Level 1 with a window, and the troublemakers can go to 4B.
*shrug*
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Because they are human beings maybe...
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri May 28, 2010 10:03 pm

about as good an idea as the 3 strikes law, what a fuckin wanker.
oh well, marrow, its people like you that get mugged and beat up, not me, so it serves you right when youre a victim of crime i guess.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Fri May 28, 2010 10:37 pm

I see what you did there 8)

I thought this thread was about the architecture/location of the prison, not the living conditions of the inmates.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri May 28, 2010 11:40 pm

well im only responding to your idea.
turn people into animals, and il applaud when their animalistic behavior impacts badly on those stupid enough to support those making screeds of money from it.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 am

Marrow wrote:I see what you did there 8)

I thought this thread was about the architecture/location of the prison, not the living conditions of the inmates.

Well it mostly was.....but then you went and suggested that the majority of the prisoners should be stuck underground with no natural light, which is essentially torture.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Rude Mike

Postby Rude Mike » Sat May 29, 2010 10:01 am

I'm pretty sure a few prisons already have basement levels like that, what a lovely idea. Even if they're political prisoners, just chuck em in an underground prison society where King Oloku reigns supreme and holds death sport tournaments to decide things.
PILLAGE - http://www.myspace.com/pillagegppvt
Thrashing grinding powerviolence coming straight at you at the speed of death.

CowzOr

Postby CowzOr » Sat May 29, 2010 10:43 am

Chronicles of Riddick was a pretty cool movie

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat May 29, 2010 10:50 am

Rude Mike wrote:I'm pretty sure a few prisons already have basement levels like that.

in the movies ...yeh.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 pm

I heard there was one in Earth orbit, and that they have Christopher Lambert banged up in there.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

zeb

Postby zeb » Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 pm

I thought that one was on the moon..

But I think a prison in public view is a great idea. Will give people a better understanding of prison conditions while they're stuck in traffic right next to one. Maybe prisoners wouldn't feel so isolated? As opposed to prisons built in the middle of nowhere.

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 pm

they could build down, and then put monitors in the windows of all the underground cells that show a live feed of what's going on from say the third level view. that way it would be almost like being up stairs, but not.

think along the lines of the resident evil movie vid screens.

:lol:

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat May 29, 2010 1:21 pm

zeb wrote:I thought that one was on the moon..

No, this one...

Rude Mike

Postby Rude Mike » Sat May 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Haha simulated windows :lol:
PILLAGE - http://www.myspace.com/pillagegppvt
Thrashing grinding powerviolence coming straight at you at the speed of death.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat May 29, 2010 3:04 pm

1)the moon is in earth orbit.
2)the worst prison in NZ is clearly visible in auckland, thousands of people drive past it everyday.

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm

maybe the prisoners that behave but aren't parole worthy can go to Level 1 with a window, and the troublemakers can go to 4B.

By linking the blameworthiness and allocation of the prisoners, you were explicitly discussing their living conditions.
why not just build it with most the levels below ground? Its secure, relatively cheap, won't (immediately) kill prisoners, and takes away the eyesore.

You don't force all unattractive structures underground. What's so special about this one?
I think a prison in public view is a great idea. Will give people a better understanding of prison conditions while they're stuck in traffic right next to one. Maybe prisoners wouldn't feel so isolated?

This is completely irrelevant. The prison will retain its privacy and isolation despite its central location. All you'll see is a big building with walls and windows.
Incidentally, that will also be the view of the prisoners. The windows will not review anything from the inside or outside.

Return to “Current Affairs”