Killer vodka was 'equal to 75 beers'

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Killer vodka was 'equal to 75 beers'

Postby dclxvi » Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 pm

The bottle of vodka that James Webster drank was the alcohol equivalent of 75 stubbies of beer or pre-mixed bottled drinks, his grieving uncle says.

King's College boarder James, 16, died on Sunday morning after drinking the vodka at a birthday party.

His uncle, Donald Webster, said yesterday that he believed James' death was the result of ignorance. "I think they were all too young, there was a lack of education what to do," he said. "None of them knew how lethal a bottle of vodka can be. The people need to know that."
Mr Webster said he suspected the people involved did not know the difference between the bottle of vodka James had taken from his grandmother and that of a similar sized popular youth drink known as Big Foot – an 8 per cent alcohol mix of vodka and raspberry in a plastic 1.125 litre bottle.

"If kids knew that a bottle of vodka contained 75 [pre-mixed drinks], that would be a big help."

Mr Webster said the family had been shocked to hear one of James' friends, Jamie Rodriguez, tell TVNZ: "I saw him sculling back some vodka – like maybe a quarter of a bottle – like water."

Mr Webster said they wanted to cry out at that point: "Why didn't people call the ambulance?".

James' death left a college in Taupo reflecting on a similar experience. Last year, Malcolm Nicholl, 14, was found dead from intoxication and hypothermia after spending a night unconscious on a hockey field.

The coroner found he had been drinking Cody's Colt bourbon and colas, which have an alcohol content of 12 per cent.

College principal Peter Moyle said the King's College experience was something many schools dealt with, and his school was still coming to terms with what happened to Malcolm.

"There are some people who have never really fully recovered from it," he said. "A lot of people struggle with what happened.

"In our school [the death] has raised awareness of alcohol ... of looking after each other."

Mr Moyle believed the Government needed to place stricter measures around youth and alcohol. "Sometimes when it comes to alcohol, young people are completely lost."

If that's not a load of shit, I don't know what is. he didn't know the difference? LIKE FUCK.
Last time I checked, your average 40oz of vodka contained ~29 standard drinks. sounds like the adults involved here are about as fucking stupid as the kids...
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

dclxvi

Re: Killer vodka was 'equal to 75 beers'

Postby dclxvi » Wed May 12, 2010 12:13 pm

so it turns out a 1 litre bottle of spirits with 75 standard drinks in it would have to be 95.1% alcohol....
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

BloodFuck

Postby BloodFuck » Wed May 12, 2010 12:29 pm

It doesnt even equal to 75 light beers.
Oh yeah and 12% codys havnt been around for a while i thought?
JeffJack is Christian

skirmish

Postby skirmish » Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 pm

dclxvi wrote:so it turns out a 1 litre bottle of spirits with 75 standard drinks in it would have to be 95.1% alcohol....

Not saying that the guy in the article is right, coz 75 sounds like bullshit,
but,
when you allow for how long 1 standard drink of beer takes to consume and process through your system vs how long it takes to drink 1 standard drink of vodka, then 29 standard drinks of vodka in a very short period of time would likely equate to fucking you up more than 29 standard drinks of beer over a longer period.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed May 12, 2010 12:45 pm

hmmm well say 75 drinks of 5% 330ml beer = 1237.5ml alcohol = 3.09L of 40% alcohol

even if they meant 75std drinks (1.3 drinks per bottle?) that's still like 57.7 beers = 2.3L of 40% alcohol

That's a shit load.

A litre of 40% vodka divdied into 75 drinks works out to 5.3ml of alcohol - which would be 75 330ml botles of....1.6% beer.

So would actually have been more like 23 beers (about 32 standard drinks) - more likely?

I think my maths is right?

The kid did die thought so he probably had a fair bit
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Wed May 12, 2010 12:50 pm

It he was fatter he might have lived.
Everyone knows fatter people can handle their alcohol better.

Eat some pies with your beers broe.

Maybe if he'd nailed 13 dirty-burgers beforehand he would have been sweet.
Last edited by Livestock on Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed May 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Could have had an underlying health issue that we don't know about, or more likely choked on his own vomit.

But let's ignore that and concentrate on the hysteria instead.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Wed May 12, 2010 12:59 pm

General Mutante wrote:But let's ignore that and concentrate on the hysteria instead.

QFT

How long are you fullas picking till they bump the age to 20?

Make it 25 I say, town would be empty of dickheads,
and there would be fuckin house parties every weekend.

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 pm

What kind of 2-bit media orginisation allowed that innaccurate drivel to be published?
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

cool guy69

Postby cool guy69 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:19 pm

rip james. what a bloody legend rip mate , 2 drunk 4 this world

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed May 12, 2010 1:26 pm

29 standard drinks in an hour or so is enough to kill me, fuckin easy.
when i was young and stupid ive drunk close to that amount, obviously didnt die, but i was always big, small cunt like that, shit doesnt surprise me at all, probably could have survived if hed been chucked on a drip, but oh well...

this knee jerk hysteria is retarded tho, i felt like asking that stupid uncle prick on tv when that campbell asshole asked him what could be done about it.

WHY ARENT YOU CALLING FOR ALCOHOL BANS?
i mean in light of marijuana being illegal, i dont actually think alcohol should be banned, just seems a pretty stark contrast.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

refrigerator

Postby refrigerator » Wed May 12, 2010 1:35 pm

cool guy69 wrote:rip james. what a bloody legend rip mate , 2 drunk 4 this world

fucking l o l

norty

Postby norty » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Does it say anywhere what type of vodka it was? Maybe his gran used to hit the 160 proof (80%) shit. My maths is rubbish but does this mean the bottle would have contained 58 standard drinks (assuming you can just double the amount if you double the alcohol level)? Don't know if you can buy booze that strong in NZ but you can easily bring it into the country. Gave a mate a bottle of 80% absinthe from the Uk as a present once. Went to meet him and he'd drank it all in one session combined with 2litres of poppy seed tea and ended up in resus. 75 standard drinks though makes me think the media is full of shit

cool guy69 wrote:rip james. what a bloody legend rip mate , 2 drunk 4 this world
:angel:
:lol:

cirE

Postby cirE » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

so fucking keen to try vodka that is 75 standard drinks in a bottle
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

cirE

Postby cirE » Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 pm

:lol:
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com

Postby Martli » Wed May 12, 2010 5:08 pm

I can definitely see how raising the drinking age to 20 will stop this sort of thing. If the age was higher then the kid would have never stolen it from his grandmother because... um... er... he would have been all like "OH MAN THE DRINKING AGE IS LEIK 20 LOL THATS ILLEGAL BETTER NOT DO IT AE"

Can you chuck up a link Logan? Would be keen to see who is printing this shit.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed May 12, 2010 5:15 pm

was in the dominion today

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Wed May 12, 2010 5:23 pm

ahahahahha :lol:

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed May 12, 2010 5:27 pm

I took to booze with enormous enthusiasm at 15 and almost immediately became a raging piss artist. I've got into some right states, but so far have avoided hospital or the drunk tank, let alone sudden death, though perhaps very narrowly a few times.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 pm

It was probably a spinal tap moment...

Marty: What happened to Stumpy Joe?
Derek: Well, uh, it's not a very pleasant story..but, uh,
David: He's passed on.
Derek: he died. uh...he choked on..the ac- the official explanation
was he choked on vomit.
Nigel: It was actually, was actually someone else's vomit.
It's not....
David: It's ugly.
Nigel: You know. There's no real....
Derek: You know they can't prove whose vomit it was...they don't
have the facilities at Scotland Yard....
David: You can't print, there's no way to print a spectra-photograph
Nigel: You can't really dust for vomit.
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Wed May 12, 2010 6:54 pm

"I blame the parents"

YouAgain

Postby YouAgain » Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 pm

strong as homebrew maybe?

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

probably meths, n00b forgot to filter it through a loaf of bread.
Last edited by Craig_Bastard on Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Martli wrote:Can you chuck up a link Logan? Would be keen to see who is printing this shit.

sorry, should've included that...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3684232 ... o-75-beers

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Livestock wrote:Make it 25 I say, town would be empty of dickheads,
and there would be fuckin house parties every weekend.

you realise the house parties would be full of the dickheads that couldn't go to town, right?

YULE

Postby YULE » Wed May 12, 2010 9:37 pm

If it was 80% there is no way he'd be sculling it back a quarter bottle at a time. 40% maybe, but fuck off with this 75 bottles bullshit.

Speaking of this though, anyone watch the campbell live interview? it was fucking horrendous
JC: "what are we gonna do about this though?"
dumb cunt uncle: "what can we do?"
JC: (looking defeated) "I just don't know..."

How about, you realise that sometimes deaths happen, and it's not particularly fair, but that is just how life works. Just man the shit up, grieve for the one you have lost, and stop being media whores because whatever the hell you do it will make no difference.
Shit's unfair, fuck up.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed May 12, 2010 9:58 pm

OUR PRECIOUS BABY IS DEAD BUT NOW WE CAN BE ON THE TELLY SO OUR PERSONAL HELL WILL NOT BE IN VAIN WE'LL GO ON CAMPBELL LIVE AND CLOSE UP AND CRY AND ANSWER PATSY QUESTIONS FROM TV PERSONALITIES DOING CONCERNED FACES THEN WE'LL BE IN WOMAN'S DAY WITH PHOTOS OF HOW TRAGEDY MUM LOST 10 KILOS THROUGH THE GRIEF DIET AND THEN WE'LL BE IN THE STORIES OF THE YEAR AND MAYBE CRY ON TV AGAIN AND IF ONLY DANCING WITH THE STARS WAS STILL ON SO WE COULD HELP MORE PEOPLE AVOID THIS TRAGEDY THAT KILLED OUR PRECIOUS BABY THROUGH THE MEDIUM OF DANCE AND THE MAD BUTCHER COULD SELL YOUTH SAUSAGES AND WE COULD GO ON GOOD MORNING WITH THAT NICE BRENDAN PONGIA AND SARAH BRADLEY COULD CRY

YULE

Postby YULE » Wed May 12, 2010 10:04 pm

It's not even the parents though, how fucked is that?

CowzOr

Postby CowzOr » Wed May 12, 2010 11:04 pm

these people and the canned peaches face lady should get together
general wrote:one alternative to democracy is listening to a lunatic like blair ranting out about "real freedom" like an incoherent brain-damaged drunk.

cool guy69 wrote:mods please sticky this thread

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Image wrote:i need 75 beers, exactly, 75 beers.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Return to “Current Affairs”