Malthusian Doomsaying

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
the croc

Re: Malthusian Doomsaying

Postby the croc » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Catastrophic climate change 'inevitable', scientists warn

The Daily Telegraph
November 20, 2009 12:01am

THE world is spinning toward a catastrophic climate change scenario, with temperatures now far more likely to rise by 6C by the end of the century, a leading international team of scientists has warned.

An increase of 6C would have irreversible consequences, rendering large parts of the globe uninhabitable and destroying much of life on earth.

The study by Professor Corinne Le Quere, from the British Antarctic Survey and East Anglia University, is the most comprehensive so far of how economic changes and shifts in the way people used land over the past 50 years have affected CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.

It also claims the Earth's natural ability to absorb CO2 into soil, forests and oceans is declining.

The nightmarish possibility of a 6C temperature rise was made public by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in 2007, when it was then only a worst-case scenario.

But according to Professor Le Quere it is now all but inevitable.

"We're at the top of the IPCC scenario," she told Nature Geoscience, a respected science journal, which published the study yesterday.

Her research - backed by 31 top researchers from seven countries including Australians involved in the Global Carbon Project - found there had been a 29 per cent rise in global CO2 emissions from fossil fuels between 2000 and 2008.

The annual average CO2 increase of 3.4 per cent since 2000 compared with increases of only 1 per cent the previous eight years.

She said there was no doubt carbon dioxide emissions from transport and industry and deforestation were squarely to blame.

Governments around the world are trying to find agreement to limit the rise to 2C, the level believed required to avoid extremely dangerous climate change.

Professor Le Quere said next month's UN climate conference in Copenhagen had to come out with a clear and decisive global policy.

"If the agreement is weak or the commitments not respected, it is not 2.5C or 3C we will get, it's 5C or 6C, that is the path we're on," she said.

An Earth 6C hotter than today's temperatures would be a nightmarish place, according to most predictions.

All ice on both poles would have melted, pushing sea levels at least 6m higher. Temperate bushland and even rainforests would become deserts, while methane fireballs could erupt from oceans where marine life had died because of a lack of oxygen.

Australian pressure group The Climate Institute said on current emission trends, unmitigated climate change is likely to have catastrophic global impacts.

Minister for Climate Change and Water, Senator Penny Wong, yesterday said Australia must act now to reduce the country's carbon pollution and that a global deal at Copenhagen was difficult but vital.

Link

Fuck
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

the croc

Postby the croc » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Keen to see this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uECJIMuDvDA[/youtube]

Synopsis

Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert briefly recounts his life including his parents' alleged ties to U.S. intelligence agencies and Ruppert’s own stint as an LAPD beat cop and then detective. Ruppert then summarizes current energy and economic issues, focusing mainly around the core concepts of peak oil and sustainable development.

The bulk of the film present Ruppert making an array of predictions including social unrest, violence, population dislocation, and governmental collapses in the United States and throughout the world. He draws on the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation -- “connecting the dots” as he calls it.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 am

Suspect wrote:mircro batteries are another tech thats pretty much still considered impossible by guys like george(puppykicker) [personal argument-please ignore]yet are actually in full production, just at a cost which is way out of reach of even the most flashy manufacturer

http://www.memsnet.org/mems/what-is.html

but it wont always be

when did i ever say anything about the tech being impossible? my argument against electric cars is that they dont work as cars. you cant replace something with something worse, noone will buy it. all the tiny batteries in the world wont change the fact that to drive an electric car from wellington to auckland (something thousands of poeple do all the time now) would require 2-3 overnight stops to recharge the batteries, and thats with a mythical range no electric car has been able to get anywhere near. to get a tesla (currently the best, and about the only actual electic "car") there now would take A WEEK. unless they find a magical way to insta charge the batteries (there is a swap scheme that is proposed where you just take your batteries out and put some freshly charged ones in at a "petrol station", this would work when every car manufacturer in the world agreed to use a standard battery pack, i.e. never) hydrogen is ftw.

hippies, politicians and the guilt ridden upper middle class are not going to save the world. some smart guy with an elegant solution that works as well or better than what we have now will.
step up to get yo' rep up

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 am

wow, regurgitating malthus is like regurgitating...hitler or stalin. a little more eugenics, depopulation & corporate world order please...

this thread is like walking into a time warp listening to some guys in the 1970's debating about things that have already been solved.

overpopulation, courtesy of the club of rome(to name one) is b.s. plenty of resources to go around on a planet which has 100 times the carrying capicity of now. problem is, that the self elected stewards have chosen not to share in their plundered resources, so perpetuate the ideas of scarcity and depopulation...all the while polluting and destroying our home.

peak oil is crap. oil is abiotic. can't overcharge with that knowledge...

'fossil water' on a 3/4's watery planet(closed system)? yeah, ok...cheap desalinisation is already a reality. an excuse to privatize water and overcharge for something that should be free.

free energy/over-unity is and has been a reality for years. water engines & magnetic engines are even here in new zealand. even very effective & cheap solar is around.

who stands to lose if this all comes out...elite families & big biz. everything is politics croc.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 am

Sorry guys, we forgot about all the technology that the hollow earth in cahoots with the new world order in cahoots with the reptilians in cahoots with the reverse vampires hides from us surface dwellers. My bad, lets all go on using up the worlds oil supply and having seventy hundred babies because everything is fine.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 pm

everything's not fine aidan, you're just quite ignorant of corporate/elitist politics. nice try though.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm

No, I just dont believe the links you post claiming that oil is abiotic, the earth is hollow, bacteria can change species, vegetables cure cancer and energy is free.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:05 pm

its not about the links. its about the quality of information. a link could be written in crayon which wouldn't really matter if the quality was there. of course then you have an obligation to dig deeper and to retain an open mind, i.e. be objective. as it stands now, it sounds as if you've just given your mind over to the authorities who have shaped your belief system, i.e school, mainstream media, which have been very influenced by elite/corporate politics. you are no less then a religious zealot, for the line you are blindly towing. being that submissive just puts you in the role of 'the last to know' when this all comes out. once again, keep researching and keep an open mind. there are groups around the world, including in auckland, who get together periodically to swap information and talk about whats going on behind the scenes regarding real science, politics and other. people who have proved and have working models of what you say is impossible. perhaps you would benefit from one of these groups? once again...oil is abiotic. the earth is hollow(start with halley, leslie & euler...then work forward). bacteria do morph, ala pleomorphism, as evidenced with the dark field sensor microscope(protits, bions, somatids..look 'em up), raw organic veggies, specifically dark leafy greens don't cure cancer, but give your body the viable nutrients and enzymes to get back to a good state of health. the body cures. and lastly, energy is free. its everywhere. tesla was doing it over a hundred years ago and was duplicated hundreds if not thousands of times since. politics, once again. control over the scientific journals. deciding what gets published and what doesn't. anti gravity was talked about openly in science/industry periodicals up til may 1958, i believe. a number of corporations were right on the cusp of realizing it when there was a 'd notice' given by the government, regarding national security. nothing, that i'm aware of, was written about after. plenty of whistleblowers over the years as well as 'science' available, if you look. old news, but still very interesting.

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:21 pm

hey aidan,
heres a live feed from a juice feast in seattle, washington. alot of people testifying to all the diseases that have been cured from raw-organic food and juicing.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dave-the- ... uice-feast

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 pm

When I say link I mean the information you are linking to.

Aidan

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:28 pm

vampire lezbos wrote:the earth is hollow(start with halley, leslie & euler...then work forward).

Have you been there?
No you havent, so its a belief not an irrefutable fact.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:18 pm

ghetto,
i didn't say it was an 'irrefutable' fact. i said i believe it to be so, based on the research i have done. i believe all the planets to be so, based on that. still, my research can only validate so much. without having been there, the information i have seen leans in that direction.
but really, everything is a belief. ideally you research until you feel that you have an understanding what is, what isn't and what is still gray area. i assume you have a brain but i haven't seen it. :wink:
i haven't been to uranus either, but i 'believe' that it is there? this is based not only on my indoctrination but what i have been able to gather myself outside of that indoctrination, including amazing corroboration from the sumerians. 'just a bunch of primitives' who knew more than they should have??'
Last edited by vampire lezbos on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 pm

the earth could be hollow, i think it exceedingly unlikely, i kinda wish i belived it was tho, especially if its like jules vedrne and has dinosaurs and cavemen and sabretoofs
the earth could be flat too, ive seen no conclusive evidence that its round altho based on all evidence i have received i generally believe it is round and not hollow.

there are people that believe the earth is hollow and tha WE are living on its inside. gravity being centrifugal force

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:51 am

vampire lezbos wrote:ghetto,
i didn't say it was an 'irrefutable' fact. i said i believe it to be so, based on the research i have done. i believe all the planets to be so, based on that. still, my research can only validate so much. without having been there, the information i have seen leans in that direction.
but really, everything is a belief. ideally you research until you feel that you have an understanding what is, what isn't and what is still gray area. i assume you have a brain but i haven't seen it. :wink:
i haven't been to uranus either, but i 'believe' that it is there? this is based not only on my indoctrination but what i have been able to gather myself outside of that indoctrination, including amazing corroboration from the sumerians. 'just a bunch of primitives' who knew more than they should have??'

you know for not that much money you could actually go to this hole in the north pole and prove it irrefutably. you wouldnt actually do this though because deep down you know its all crap

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:55 pm

i see you've priced it out 'puppykicker'? this expedition is saying it'll cost around 2 million. i question whether they will ever make it since the area up in that region is no fly, and probably won't be allowed in.
http://www.npiee.org/
i think there are better ways to go though, which would be far cheaper. perhaps via the hopi 'emergence point'?

Sipapu, a Hopi word, is a small hole or indentation in the floor of kivas used by the Ancient Pueblo Peoples and modern-day Puebloans. It symbolizes the portal through which their ancient ancestors first emerged to enter the present world.
Two main versions exist as to the Hopi's emergence into the present Fourth World. The more prevalent is that Spider Grandmother caused a hollow reed (or bamboo) to grow into the sky, and it emerged in the Fourth World at the sipapu. The people then climbed up the reed into this world, emerging from the sipapu. The location of the sipapu is given as in the Grand Canyon

from what i've seen, the hopi don't seem to think its crap either...

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Maori legends say that Maui fished up the north island with his grandmothers jaw bone while riding in the waka that is the south island. Do you think thats true too?

Aidan

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Oh sweet then, I mean if it appears in mythology it must be true.
fagets, right.

kimura

Postby kimura » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:28 pm

It would suck to be living inside the earth everytime an earth quake opens up the sea floor

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Imagine how hard the aircon would have to work to make the molten rock bearable.
fagets, right.

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Geez, don't you know anything GN??

The hollow earth works like this:

The molten rock isn't a problem. Although i imagine the fact the heat from the internal sun can't escape anywhere might be. Also not sure what Antarctica is sitting on.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:55 pm

I bet the dero caves have some wicked parties.

Aidan

kimura

Postby kimura » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Mountains higher than outside, important to note this.

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:53 pm

great guys! and another wacky myth...

Certainly one of the most sensational news stories of the nineteenth century was the discovery by Heinrich Schliemann of what is now widely assumed to be the site of Troy, the city in and around which The Iliad of Homer takes place. Before Schliemann's excavation, the modern world had considered Troy for the most part a matter of myth, not reality. With his extraordinary find, Schliemann radically redirected scholarly thinking about the ancient past and, no less controversial himself, the man's own life and character measure up well to the notoriety of his discovery. That is, Schliemann has turned out to be almost as worthy a subject of history as the subjects he studied: Troy and Homer.
:lol:
http://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320Hist&C ... 04TROY.htm
Last edited by vampire lezbos on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Oh you totally got us. If that ones true then they could all be true.
Youre a fucking visionary :lol:
fagets, right.

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:05 pm

and that's exactly what i was implying smart guy...gold star!! :lol:

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 am

vampire lezbos wrote:i see you've priced it out 'puppykicker'? this expedition is saying it'll cost around 2 million. i question whether they will ever make it since the area up in that region is no fly, and probably won't be allowed in.
http://www.npiee.org/
i think there are better ways to go though, which would be far cheaper. perhaps via the hopi 'emergence point'?

Sipapu, a Hopi word, is a small hole or indentation in the floor of kivas used by the Ancient Pueblo Peoples and modern-day Puebloans. It symbolizes the portal through which their ancient ancestors first emerged to enter the present world.
Two main versions exist as to the Hopi's emergence into the present Fourth World. The more prevalent is that Spider Grandmother caused a hollow reed (or bamboo) to grow into the sky, and it emerged in the Fourth World at the sipapu. The people then climbed up the reed into this world, emerging from the sipapu. The location of the sipapu is given as in the Grand Canyon

from what i've seen, the hopi don't seem to think its crap either...

WTF would you spend $2million on? costs stuff all for airfares to the northernmost parts of canada, then you hire a local guide to take you to the pole, plenty of people have done this, do you think they are all members of the great conspiracy to keep the hollow earth and the flying saucers bases secret?

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 am

that expedition is 'renting' out a russian nuclear icebreaker, for one. they're bringing alot of equipment with them to russia, from all parts of the world. a hundred or so people going, which i don't think includes airfare.
the entrance/island-continent not on maps anymore, that they are aiming for, seems to be on the russian side of the arctic, perhaps north of the new siberians, so they are not going to the pole and can't hire someone to ski them there. good suggestion though!!
beyond the ice ring is alot of open water, so a boat or plane is a must in these conditions...unless they go in dead winter perhaps? seems to be alot of species heading north at the onset of winter, away from the landmass, so maybe you could follow them? i'm sure they're likable sorts who wouldn't mind... :D

puppykicker, you know too much about the flying saucer bases and really shouldn't be broadcasting it here! :lol:

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 am

Holy fuck man, I have seen photos of people drilling through the ice at the north pole, and they didn't fall in to the hollow earth. There is absolutely no way in hell that there is a secret trap door at the north pole, or that the earth is hollow.

I mean holy shit!

And it is really quite easy to get there... I really can't believe you STILL buy this shit. Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!
I think it's lint.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 am

Holy shit that site is bollocks...!

"sea level isn't level"... it isn't really level anywhere, there is a prominent and persistent bulge of about 80m not far from PNG, maybe that's a bubble over the Hollow Earth's air vent?

And they have obviously ignored all the oil exploration and sediment coring that has been done in the Arctic, if there was a wee hidey hole up there, it'd be pretty damn hard to hide...
I think it's lint.

vampire lezbos

Postby vampire lezbos » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm

switch,
the latest estimates i've seen, regarding the thickness of the shell, via hollow earth theory, is 800-1000 miles thick. as far as i'm aware of, the deepest hole drilled has been 7-8 miles, so i'm pretty sure the ice drillers in the arctic wouldn't have needed to worry about 'falling in'.
once again... the island/continent that is no longer on maps(crockerland, bradleyland, sannikovland, keenanland, etc.), as well as the possible northern entrance, is not at the current pole. its offset, and seems to be over towards russia and north of the new siberians. explorers have seen it north of alaska and west-northwest of ellesmere island, as well as the russians seeing it north of the new siberians. but quite far away from the actual pole.
hey, if its so easy to get there, price out an expedition and if its a few hundred or so, i'll go with ya. :wink:

Return to “Current Affairs”