CHUGANAUT UP THEIR GAME

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
FC
Orange Ska Dork

CHUGANAUT UP THEIR GAME

Postby FC » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:26 pm

The experience of playing with Iron Maiden has made Chuganaut want to up their game.

The Hamilton-based alternative rock/metal band are doing things a bit differently now after the memorable gig they scored thanks to fans voting for them on The Rock radio station.

Guitarist Nail says that since the show, the band have seriously grown up.

"Everything now needs to be better, bigger and badder than anything other than we have done before.

"We thought, OK, we are just going to introduce a whole new show. It's going to be more than a spectacle, with a little bit of special effects going on."

It means they have to kit-out every venue.

"There are a lot of effects and it just looks really cool and so far it has been really well received."

The group hits the Basement Bar at 8pm on Saturday, their first visit to New Plymouth this year. And they're bringing guests.

"The whole thing is starting earlier as well, which is different to how bands like to do it, kicking off as late as they can to get people through the door to the show.

"We think if people are going to come, they are going to come. The doors open at 8pm and as soon as they do, there is an acoustic thing going on with Lori Lashley, so there is some background music happening, and then the comedian is going to come on and they are going to warm up the crowd."

The band is only doing a few gigs around the country, but may do more depending on how they go. Chuganaut are also promoting their new single, Dreams.

"It's going to be a very full on but different sort of a night, which will appeal to a wider audience.

"It's an explosive mix of spontaneity, monstrous musicianship and four great characteristic personalities - therein lies the heart and soul of Chuganaut."
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

witty.alias

Re: CHUGANAUT UP THEIR GAME

Postby witty.alias » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:31 pm

"Everything now needs to be better, bigger and badder than anything other than we have done before.

there is an acoustic thing going on with Lori Lashley, so there is some background music happening, and then the comedian is going to come on and they are going to warm up the crowd."

I think i just threw up a little in my mouth.
ImageImageImageImage

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Keen to see them sometime for a laugh. Could be embarrassing if I end up enjoying it though.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:51 pm

they arent that bad.. but its the stage antics they already have that make an average band look like a pack of fuckin idiots
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 pm

:oops:

blastman

Postby blastman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Chuganaut get them when they're young:
I don't blame kids for bailing on school if this is the entertainment you get for school assembly. :lol:

Akuma
TOHLG™

Postby Akuma » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:57 pm

liiiiiitle creepy how he's topless.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:15 pm

At least they aren't being subjected to Elemeno P or Opshop or some deathcore band. ;)
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

YouAgain

Postby YouAgain » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Dead Kid wrote:At least they aren't being subjected to Elemeno P or Opshop or some deathcore band. ;)

If I recall correctly (which I probably don't) Elemeno P played there (Fraser) a few years prior to this >.>

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Goodnight nurse played at my high school once, and thought they would do a shout out to another goodnight nurse who were former students of the school (and now make up left or right...), the gay goodnight nurse subsequently got a lot of shit.

Mother guru played once when I was 4th or 5th form, they were all good live at the time. Their ep or whatever was a bit douchey though.

Fuck we actually had some pretty dece bands at out school.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:45 pm

^what the fuck are you talking about?

Akuma wrote:liiiiiitle creepy how he's topless.

yeh.... im not trying to defend the chuggatrocity, but seriously?
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:46 pm

bands playing at school.

never got chugganaut. guttering
I think it's lint.

daggers

Postby daggers » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:29 pm

look at them devil horns, the teachers should have seriously regretted letting such satanists inside their halls
Last edited by daggers on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Akuma
TOHLG™

Postby Akuma » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Dead Kid wrote:At least they aren't being subjected to Elemeno P or Opshop or some deathcore band. ;)

hahaha :angel:

the ledge

Postby the ledge » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 pm

and then the comedian is going to come on and they are going to warm up the crowd."

Looks more like they got a clown

oOoOoOoO no I didn't!!1!

daggers

Postby daggers » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 pm

I think, in fact, you will find you did.
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Return to “Current Affairs”