cops plan armed patrols.

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Dixon Cider A.C.

Re: cops plan armed patrols.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:41 pm

rryan wrote:

And cops have always had guns in their cars

just the seargents. the ones in the commodore stationwagons. not all cops have firearms at the ready.

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:47 pm

rryan wrote:
ghetto ninja wrote:^^^ Hard out. Its like a fucking civil arms race. What the fuck are we, americans?
Worst fucking idea. Arent the current fucking tasers enough?
Hate to bring up the Unity Fest incident but if the cops had that sort of gear for that situation very very bad things would have happened. And what happened to every body that got arrested there.... every case was thrown out because it was bullshit.
Did those cops ever have any disciplinary actions taken against them, of course not.
Some of you cats with your "if you dont do anything to deserve it you wont get shot" line seem to have your fucking eyes shut or something.

who, in new zealand, has been shot/tasered without deserving it?

Pretty sure Steve F has been tazed undeservingly... I certainly know a fuckton of people who've been sprayed for no legitamate reason (unity fest springs to mind).
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

the ledge

Postby the ledge » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:
rryan wrote:

And cops have always had guns in their cars

just the seargents. the ones in the commodore stationwagons. not all cops have firearms at the ready.

One time in Wairau Park I saw a cop running through the building next to Subway with a gun in a holster

XIBALBA

Postby XIBALBA » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:28 pm

a few piggies with guns ain't nothing in comparison with what they got planned next :

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:33 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:Hate to bring up the Unity Fest incident but if the cops had that sort of gear for that situation very very bad things would have happened. And what happened to every body that got arrested there.... every case was thrown out because it was bullshit.

i ended up with a conviction, but my story was a lil different to most.

cos of that night, if i saw a cop and a person fighting on the street, im more likely to help the guy not the cop.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Off the fucking hook.

Postby Off the fucking hook. » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Lsten here you simple minded fucking plebs, get a cuppa and let jj tell you the old school og 101 version of how the police in new zealand used to be good.

Back when we first had a country, there were no pigs, but law changed and introduced a new job that was basically there to reduce conflict between the general public and catch those who caused such conflict amongst the population of aotearoa.

Now the first wave of police were actually really good people, they werent dirty police and they had morals etc about their job. as the wars started alot of new zealand police were drafted away and became as we know our nz ww1 and ww2 soldiers. during this time they had fill in police and even made local communitys able to police their own situations as there was a lack of police numbers.

After world war 2 finished alot of the ex soldiers went back into the police force and also became another respected worker knowen as a "Prison guard" - now note these Prison Guards had a zero tolerance for asshole gangsters knowen as patch members in new zealand and therefore the jail system was even alot better off from such old school values.

Throughout time the Ex-Service men who turned into Mid 90's Police/Corrections department at the age of mostly early 20s to mid 20s after WW2 are now long out of our police force and jails - which in turn has breed a new breed of lazy 70s hippie drug children to the solo mother child son/daughter from the late 80's teenage years who are now our police force.

The moral of the story is; Fuck new school Pigs, Bring back the stick to kids in school (<- Insert the emo faggot shit that how "pc" and real this scene is about how hitting kids is not cool, of course its not cool but when your being a little fuck you deserve it and it will make you think twice instead of no pocket money or ps3 for the week or perhaps even not getting any of dads smoke cause you didnt make enough the week before), Reckognize that old school is still kicking in some, but fuck all and lastly ensure when you see the Police hide your dick in your pants and run aka Pull shit out and you bound to get cut.
fuck you shit bitches

BigNanaJez

Postby BigNanaJez » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:24 am

ghetto ninja wrote:
rryan wrote:who, in new zealand, has been shot/tasered without deserving it?

I think a better question to ask would be "how many people have been assaulted by police officers without good reason"
We're only a stones throw away from having people tasered unnecesarily.
Its practically inevitable.
Concerned citizen is concerned.

Exactly. I am dead against the cops getting guns. They already armed offenders squad. It DOES NOT need to go any further than that. The uber right wing prick on Close Up last night made me laugh.. but then have a bit of a cry, because there are too many out of touch cake jobs out there who take our sensationalised scaremongering news too seriously.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 am

they're already fuckin bullys now.. give them a fuckin gun and they'll get worse knowing they have a lethal weapon to defend themselves
I'm all for tazers though
cool guy69 wrote:last nite my nutter of A flat mate was in the kitchen making a feed,what ever i couldnt give a crap but tthe bloody doofus not only leaves the element on but he wedged two knives in there wtf?? luckily i was therre to run them under cold water , talk about A bloody fire hazard. i had to wipe the bench down after he had spilled herbs all over it as well Lol ah well thats flat life for u eh

YULE

Postby YULE » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:58 am

Tazers are a stupid idea. If they were being used sparingly, as an alternative to killing someone, I wouldn't care. Instead it was used like it was a non-lethal weapon, even though those things have been linked to a fair few deaths (and one resuscitation).

I would prefer the cops to not have guns, so that criminals don't need guns.

Also, not getting shot by some douchebag cop would be preferable.

SHOOP DA WHOOP

Postby SHOOP DA WHOOP » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 pm

IMMA FIRIN' MAH TASER BEAM!

Fried Mayonnaise

Postby Fried Mayonnaise » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm quite happy with only the armed defenders squad having guns. I don't think police in new zealand really need them. not from where i'm standing anyway.

ted the bastard

Postby ted the bastard » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:15 pm

"Mr Rivers said the review team was "very, very keen" to test mid-range lethal weaponry to supplement the close-range options of the baton, pepper spray and Taser"

:?:

those tasors really cleaned up didn't they.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:26 pm

it would actually be pretty easy to make a home version of that capacitor shooter, could even fire smaller ones with a slingshot, just attach a string to the ass end to make it fly points first, could make a stinging RAIN of taser power haha

a very expensive rain tho lol.

i think the cops kinda hope to retrieve those things.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Cops are armed all over the planet, as far as I'm aware, only NZ and the UK don't routinely arm their police.

I think the problem is that people in NZ don't take the police very seriously: they wear sky-blue shirts and drive around in what an American friend described as 'race-cars'.

First thing I saw in LA was a motorcycle cop with a gun on his hip and a shotgun strapped to his bike.

Like it or not, you'll take the latter more seriously; and if South Auckland is really becoming as lawless as it sounds, maybe that is just what it needs..
The parasites are excited when you're dead; eyes bulging, entering your head; and all your thoughts yeah, they rot.

martyrdamn

Postby martyrdamn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Yeah bro they don't have a problem with violent crime in LA so we should hardout follow the stunning example set by their police system.

Hand-ee-pants

Postby Hand-ee-pants » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:Cops are armed all over the planet, as far as I'm aware, only NZ and the UK don't routinely arm their police.

I think the problem is that people in NZ don't take the police very seriously: they wear sky-blue shirts and drive around in what an American friend described as 'race-cars'.

First thing I saw in LA was a motorcycle cop with a gun on his hip and a shotgun strapped to his bike.

Like it or not, you'll take the latter more seriously; and if South Auckland is really becoming as lawless as it sounds, maybe that is just what it needs..

hmmm yes because the first thing I do when I see a cop tougher than me is go oh geez he looks mean I better throw away my weapons......NO! I woudl just try and make myself tougher than him and get a car faster than him so I can do whatever the fuck I want, and the beautiful cycle of bad-assness continues.
I learn, by killing smart people and eating their brains.

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm

disease wrote:Yeah bro they don't have a problem with violent crime in LA so we should hardout follow the stunning example set by their police system.

That's not what I'm saying. I'll leave you to stew on the subtlties.
The parasites are excited when you're dead; eyes bulging, entering your head; and all your thoughts yeah, they rot.

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 pm

disease wrote:Yeah bro they don't have a problem with violent crime in LA so we should hardout follow the stunning example set by their police system.

Yeah bro the problem with crime in LA stems from the violent police so we should totally not follow their example.

martyrdamn

Postby martyrdamn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:

It wasn't that I didn't get it, just that it was a fucking dumb point. Maybe people will "take the police more seriously" if they get to ride round on motorbikes with shotguns, but:

(a) this won't see any change in the situation - it's not like the possibility of getting caught is a factor in motivating a lot of this criminal action, or
(b) serious cops will mean serious criminals get serious weapons to even up the score.

Either way, it is clearly serious business.

martyrdamn

Postby martyrdamn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Sicinius wrote:

Yeah bro the problem with crime in LA stems from the violent police so we should totally not follow their example.

...did you seriously take that from what I said? :?

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:44 pm

disease wrote:
Fearful_Jesuit wrote:

It wasn't that I didn't get it, just that it was a fucking dumb point. Maybe people will "take the police more seriously" if they get to ride round on motorbikes with shotguns, but:

(a) this won't see any change in the situation - it's not like the possibility of getting caught is a factor in motivating a lot of this criminal action, or
(b) serious cops will mean serious criminals get serious weapons to even up the score.

Either way, it is clearly serious business.

a) Really? Small time adolescent thugs in South Auckland are not the jaded LA gangsters they like to think they are. An escalation in policing may make a difference. You don't know.

b) Not in NZ. Criminals simply don't have access to 'serious weapons'. This is why people rob bottle shops with .22 rifles and not handguns. It would be relatively easy to keep the 'score' unbalanced in the police's favor.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 pm

FJ, isn't it enough that you get to keep your gun in the boot of the car? I think you just want to have the gun on you while on duty so you look tougher.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:Not in NZ. Criminals simply don't have access to 'serious weapons'. This is why people rob bottle shops with .22 rifles and not handguns. It would be relatively easy to keep the 'score' unbalanced in the police's favor.

haha, thats a bit dumb/naive/innocent/ridiculous.

maybe you fail to grasp the simple economics at play in this situation... its actually pretty easy to get guns here, especially if you already have criminal connections
this country is floating with guns, we have more guns per capita than america, what isnt easy to get is money... thats why they were doing a robbery i'd imagine, i mean maybe they had money to buy some crack, some buds, some whores and a few boxes of beer but they just felt like doing a latenight dairy and killing a punjab... :roll:

probably tho, the weapon they used might be indicative of their financial status, its true that theres not many automatic and hand guns in the hands of street crims in NZ but thats simply cos they cant afford them, guns are bigger money than drugs, probably bigger than slavery too, dirty scumfucks dont have that sort of capital, but just take it on trust, for the right money, you can buy any gun you want in this country.

the crims here are no different to anywhere else, its simply that theres less of them, the hardout guns just dont show up much yet.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 pm

does anyone know FJ's badge number?
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:58 pm

how many of you cunts have spent time in south auckland or have even been here? im more than happy to have cops with guns on the beat.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 pm

maybe if it was just in south auckland and other bad areas thatd be sweet, but were not talking about just fuckin manurewa are we...?

its nationwide, cops will be shooting any drunk who's too stupid to listen, its not like they havnt in the past, lets give all of the chickenshit retards guns then huh?

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Huey wrote:FJ, isn't it enough that you get to keep your gun in the boot of the car? I think you just want to have the gun on you while on duty so you look tougher.

Well, yes. That would be my point. As far as I'm concerned, guns are better used for ther intimidation factor than their lethal factor. Its better for a cop to be carrying a weapon openly, so as to be able to quickly resolve a situation, than to have to get a weapon from a locked safe in the back of his car, while the situation escalates to a point where he actually has to USE it.

I'd rather the cops 'looked tougher' than ever actually had to use their firearms. If the police aren't in some way intimidating, then they can't really do their job, especially in an area where respect for the law has plummeted.

PS. I'm not a cop, never was.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:05 am

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:Like it or not, you'll take the latter more seriously; and if South Auckland is really becoming as lawless as it sounds, maybe that is just what it needs..

Do not believe what the media is selling you.
South Ak has problems like all neighbourhoods.
Im not entirely sure why theyre being demonized or who it benefits , but its definitely a fear campaign.
Fuck the mainstream media.
They want you scared so you stay home and watch theyre adds.
Fuck ive turned into blair.
SYSTEM KANWOX PUNX WOT
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 am

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:I'd rather the cops 'looked tougher' than ever actually had to use their firearms. If the police aren't in some way intimidating, then they can't really do their job, especially in an area where respect for the law has plummeted.

It's been said before in this thread, how often are the cops around when the crime is being committed? Dudes doing crimes ain't going to think 'oh but cops have guns now better rethink this...'.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am

ghetto ninja wrote:
Fearful_Jesuit wrote:Like it or not, you'll take the latter more seriously; and if South Auckland is really becoming as lawless as it sounds, maybe that is just what it needs..

Do not believe what the media is selling you.
South Ak has problems like all neighbourhoods.
Im not entirely sure why theyre being demonized or who it benefits , but its definitely a fear campaign.
Fuck the mainstream media.
They want you scared so you stay home and watch theyre adds.
Fuck ive turned into blair.
SYSTEM KANWOX PUNX WOT

i think there was a movie about this, but the director isnt cool anymore so nobody cares.
buy guns and shoot strangers.

cos a stranger is an enemy you havent shot yet.

Return to “Current Affairs”