Kiwis fat , ugly according to new book.

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Phlegmâ„¢

Postby Phlegmâ„¢ » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Kinda. It's a 3rd world country with money. It had a rapid economic growth about forty plus years ago.

A lot of computer componets are made there now.

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com Updated with downloads from Trusty, Big Drill Car and Chemical People

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:44 pm

I got no problem with NZ archetecture in general but they are really fucking it up with some of the new appartments they are building.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

cirE

Postby cirE » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Huey wrote:Isn't Taiwan a 3rd world contry?

taiwan's a lot more developed/modern/1st world than new zealand
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Maybe technology wise but I thought it was a place where there is a large gap between the rich and poor?
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
Rapture tastes so sweet

Phlegmâ„¢

Postby Phlegmâ„¢ » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Huey wrote:Maybe technology wise but I thought it was a place where there is a large gap between the rich and poor?

Nah, there's a huge middle class. You might be mixing it up with Thailand.

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com Updated with downloads from Trusty, Big Drill Car and Chemical People

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:42 am

Meh.. hardly anyone in New Zealand is more than a generation from their working class roots. It's not like we're known as a nation of fancy cunts.
The parasites are excited when you're dead; eyes bulging, entering your head; and all your thoughts yeah, they rot.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:55 am

a nation of fancy cunts.

haha!

I am so glad New Zealand isn't known as a nation of fancy cunts. I have family staying at the moment from Dubai- They are self-styled fancy cunts (really 1 generation off the farm like the rest of us) and are the most fucking painful, neurotic, self-absorbed and fucking rude fucks I have ever had to be around. They make me want a sudden tsunami or apocalypse so that I could watch them not coping, whinging at people and treating them like servants, before being put to death for being cocks!
Family eh, can't pick em.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:54 am

dustbinflowers wrote:self-styled fancy cunts

worst kind of fancy cunt. working in kelburn and dealing with the ladies of leisure we had through during the day, really got my goat/grinded my gears etc.. such people are rather irksome, in my humble opinion.
dream comfort memory despair

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 am

Oh yeah- Wellington's got lots of them- middle aged blonde women with mid-life crisis little red sports cars or giant fucking 4wds, double parking on Cuba st and braying "Ahh'm just going over the road for a Caw-fee!"

Ick. I have such a working class chip on my shoulder!

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:04 am

dustbinflowers wrote:I have such a working class chip on my shoulder!

i'm not even working class and they pretty much carved that chip into me. keeps me sane though.
dream comfort memory despair

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:15 am

Bitching on here about it is keeping me sane at the moment. That and escaping out to the back of my parent's garden with the scrub-bar (perpetuating my status as a scum-peasant) and taking spiteful pleasure in making annoying noise under the guise that I'm making the place look good for my step-sister's wedding! It's the little things that make it better!

RokPx

Postby RokPx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:58 am

Huey wrote:I got no problem with NZ archetecture in general but they are really fucking it up with some of the new appartments they are building.

And don't forget that the upmarket appartment towers of today will become the highrise slums of the future, just like anywhere else.

Postby ... » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:20 am

if you wanna see architectural nightmare have a look at papamoas new subdivisions, 'legoland' as they are collectively known.

builders like goldenhomes are making a killing cos all the houses have to fit in with their fucking mediocre prefab look.

i will never understand why people would want to live anonomously their whole lives then fade into a death by obscurity living in streets that all look the same with houses all built by the same negligent builders, with mediocre gardens and a fucking average letterbox.

id like to have one of those houses as a sort of holiday home/safe house, where its average camouflage is its very atraction.

but fuck living out my day in those ugly fuckin pale yellow brick fake tile roofed fuckin palm trees and exposed aggregate obscurity

especially as im aware those houses mostly go for a half mil.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah, drove past Papamoa a few weeks ago- fucking freaky how big it is! That shit's popping up all over the country, with commities judging if you're the right type to buy in, and rules that you can't hang your washing, because it makes the place look 'poverty-striken', and can't plant the entire section in native bush because of security. One of these suburbs in Chch ruled that they did'nt want the local bus service running through, because it bought in an 'undesirable class of people'. The suburb is called something crazy to do with nuns....

RokPx

Postby RokPx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah, and what's the tacky gated suburb Mikhail Vulgaris built in Chch. Are the walls and gates to keep the peasants out or the morons in?

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 am

Ha!! They want the peasants to do the gardens, so gated entrance. There's one on the hill behind Nelson that is mostly inhabited by rich Americans, where anyone who's hired help has to wear a uniform- in the whole gated community. All very Snowcrash, eh.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 am

Devonport is really nice.

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
Rapture tastes so sweet

Ventoux

Postby Ventoux » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am

I reckon Papamoa Beach road is pretty rad in a hideous mistake way; lots of the houses are lavish mansion style holiday baches apparently designed in part by the owners, so there's a rather eclectic collection of 'creative architecture' in a veritable shit load of mismatched colour combinations.

Howick is what I would call hideous. Pastel coloured L shaped houses and cheap plastered 2 storey monstrosities that go on for ever.. and these days half of them are all mildewed and cracking/leaking.

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am

Ventoux wrote:I reckon Papamoa Beach road is pretty rad in a hideous mistake way; lots of the houses are lavish mansion style holiday baches apparently designed in part by the owners, so there's a rather eclectic collection of 'creative architecture' in a veritable shit load of mismatched colour combinations.

Howick is what I would call hideous. Pastel coloured L shaped houses and cheap plastered 2 storey monstrosities that go on for ever.. and these days half of them are all mildewed and cracking/leaking.

Postby ... » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:58 am

Ventoux wrote:I reckon Papamoa Beach road is pretty rad in a hideous mistake way; lots of the houses are lavish mansion style holiday baches apparently designed in part by the owners, so there's a rather eclectic collection of 'creative architecture' in a veritable shit load of mismatched colour combinations.

oh yeh, nah beach road is awesome, its all sweet along the main drag, but take a few turns away from the beach any where past bayfair and its a nightmare.

altho way down past the domain and all that were settled fuckin yonks ago so have plenty of old houses, a more average suburb with lots of white trash and moaris etc, which is much preferable to fuckin fancy papamoa just over domain rd.

yvon

Postby yvon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 pm

I have to go out and photograph houses in Flatbush, Dannemora, Chapel Downs, all around that area of Manukau. It looks like middle America.
All tract-style housing, everything the same, fucking palm trees up the middle of the streets, huge wide intersections for fucktards with their SUV's full of obess children driving to the local McD's, massive gas stations and mini-malls packed with the same chainstores every few kms, and miles and miles of fake brick, beige paint, bark chip gardens, terracotta tile, melamine kitchens, peach carpet, bland suburban nightmare.

It shits me.
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

Postby ... » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:21 pm

^precisely what im on about, ive seen it on the outskirts of north hamilton too... its everywhere.

like an illness.

Draizuh

Postby Draizuh » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:48 pm

i dont know what he is harping on about. england is fucking shit.
This raging sea wont have you, This weary grave wont keep you, These tired arms wont hold you.

BOOT GIRL

Postby BOOT GIRL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm

yvon wrote:I have to go out and photograph houses in Flatbush, Dannemora, Chapel Downs, all around that area of Manukau. It looks like middle America.
All tract-style housing, everything the same, fucking palm trees up the middle of the streets, huge wide intersections for fucktards with their SUV's full of obess children driving to the local McD's, massive gas stations and mini-malls packed with the same chainstores every few kms, and miles and miles of fake brick, beige paint, bark chip gardens, terracotta tile, melamine kitchens, peach carpet, bland suburban nightmare.

It shits me.
fuck its a shame its happening there as well,and I naievly thought it was jus AUS that was turning into a mini U.S ,over here they build "mc mansions" big 4 , 6 room houses that all look the same hardly any yard ,few trees and some have huge churches like auditoriams ,seriously fucked

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:46 pm

BOOT GIRL wrote:
yvon wrote:I have to go out and photograph houses in Flatbush, Dannemora, Chapel Downs, all around that area of Manukau. It looks like middle America.

It shits me.
fuck its a shame its happening there as well,and I naievly thought it was jus AUS that was turning into a mini U.S ,over here they build "mc mansions" big 4 , 6 room houses that all look the same hardly any yard ,few trees and some have huge churches like auditoriams ,seriously fucked

That sounds like paradise compared to something like balmoral, where evrything's run down, all the paint from the building facades are chipping away, people's laundry hanging out to dry over rusted corregated iron, tagging everywhere, flyers for shite albums that came out 3 years ago everywhere, businesses that stay put for about 3 weeks then close, leaving a fucking ugly empty storefront.

I'll take sterility over that kind of stuff anyday.

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 pm

And punkas is not surprised at all.

Postby ... » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:03 pm

haha...

megafuckinrolleyes

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:26 pm

Sicinius wrote:That sounds like paradise compared to something like balmoral, where evrything's run down, all the paint from the building facades are chipping away, people's laundry hanging out to dry over rusted corregated iron, tagging everywhere, flyers for shite albums that came out 3 years ago everywhere, businesses that stay put for about 3 weeks then close, leaving a fucking ugly empty storefront.

...because, of course, sterile planned neighbourhoods don't ever turn into that in five years time, right?

Whenever I visit these places, I start to feel like I'm trapped in a JG Ballard novel.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:28 pm

David xvx Ludd wrote:
Sicinius wrote:That sounds like paradise compared to something like balmoral, where evrything's run down, all the paint from the building facades are chipping away, people's laundry hanging out to dry over rusted corregated iron, tagging everywhere, flyers for shite albums that came out 3 years ago everywhere, businesses that stay put for about 3 weeks then close, leaving a fucking ugly empty storefront.

...because, of course, sterile planned neighbourhoods don't ever turn into that in five years time, right?

Whenever I visit these places, I start to feel like I'm trapped in a JG Ballard novel.

Ah, well, whatever. Useless discussion to have contra punks anyway. Celebrate the shiteness!

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:31 pm

I might be the only one, but I'd take this:

Over this:

Anyday.

Except, perhaps, if your only considering (which I get the awful impression the lot of you seem to be) the next 3 years which are going to probably be spent drinking Mad Jacks and practicing with your sweet band.

I don't particularly like either, but I'd rather live in sterile functionality than smashed glass and leaking rooves.

Return to “Current Affairs”