Windmills

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Feriluce

Windmills

Postby Feriluce » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm sure there's already a thread, but searching for "windmills" in a hardcore forum was pretty fruitless. :lol:

Anyway, got this in the mail today:

Maybe they're pissed off farmers? But I think the windmills are a good way of generating power without emmisions or unrenewable resources. And personally, wouldn't mind living in a "dumping ground for wind turbines".

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:59 pm

At least it's close to a city. Who cares about palmerston north? As long as they keep out of central otago.
I think it's lint.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:09 pm

So, why keep them out of central Otago? And is it ok to have them in Southland? If so, why?

Caliban

Postby Caliban » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:14 pm

It''s pretty sweet biking to the top of that hill with the windmills on.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:29 pm

I used to work directly under the Brooklands one. I wouldn't mind having a pile of them in my back yard. It's like living in the future!!

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:31 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:So, why keep them out of central Otago? And is it ok to have them in Southland? If so, why?

'Cos he's all for them because he read that they were good somewhere but also totally against them being where he can see them because he read somewhere else that was also bad and it would lower the property prices or something.

Or some such half arsed talkback radio style bollocks.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:32 pm

It will scare the horses

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:56 pm

Aren't they really really inefficient anyway.. Which is why nobody uses them..

chrisbucks

Postby chrisbucks » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:09 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:It will scare the horses

Cuz coal plants dont scare horses?
‹Rob Anybody› yeh that is an implied threat... an almost threat, god you need to research what a threat is you spinless waterballon man

021 1458835

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Sicinius wrote:Aren't they really really inefficient anyway.. Which is why nobody uses them..

oh right. of course, completely inefficient, makes sense, id had some halfbaked idea that the companys that had invested millions in hydroecletric schemes didnt want to lose their income to windelectric power.

really really inefficient, thats right, it would be wouldnt it, an electric generator that is powered by the wind.. of course that wouldnt work, everyone knows that the wind cant turn a windmill, preposterous idea, don quixote had it right i say, cant stand in the way of progress, not unless its quite the wrong sort of progress, progress that doesnt make lots of money.

jolly good im glad we had thsi discussion, you should make sure you appoint yourself the queen of internet stuff and saying things guy.

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:03 pm

taken too far, that didn't help, sexy.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:05 pm

how far should i take it?

........................................................................................................................over here?

in in thois locality, would that suit you?

or should it settle down here by my noteworthy sig containing a word of wisdom from a really hardcore guy.

Future Shock

Postby Future Shock » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:10 pm

all he made was an question assertion.

he didn't attack you, drink moreeee. :wink:

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:52 pm

another thread totally fucked over by me and the other fucking retarded shitheads

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Red_switch wrote:At least it's close to a city. Who cares about palmerston north? As long as they keep out of central otago.

fuck you're an idiot.

any who, anti wind turbine people fuck me off. They look a damn sight better than a coal mine, in fact I actually quite like the look of them. I really doubt they are going to devalue property - especially by 30%, most people I've talked to think they are ace.

and yeah pretty much what wax said.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:53 pm

I'm loaling quietly to myself in the corner.

You can't hear me over the wind turbines.

Hardcore.
http://aotearoa666.com/

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Fuck yeah. Innefficient power creation with the only pollution being visual is far better than a good efficient coal station.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:32 pm

all the coal dug out of huntly is shipped to japan, who tip it into the ocean, we buy coal from australia and burn it in huntly

so efficient.

much more efficent than a turbine that requires no further input from man to produce energy.

chrisbucks

Postby chrisbucks » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Race Traitor wrote:all the coal dug out of huntly is shipped to japan, who tip it into the ocean, we buy coal from australia and burn it in huntly

so efficient.

much more efficent than a turbine that requires no further input from man to produce energy.

cept lube... lots of lube (for the maintenance guy who has to wait between repairs jobs)

I think a coal plant is a larger visual, aural, and air/water/soil pollutant than a couple of thousand windmills.
‹Rob Anybody› yeh that is an implied threat... an almost threat, god you need to research what a threat is you spinless waterballon man

021 1458835

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:12 pm

yeh i think they need a fair bit of mainenace actually, but obviously less than coal or water

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:54 am

dustbinflowers wrote:So, why keep them out of central Otago? And is it ok to have them in Southland? If so, why?

Because in central otago they want to put them in all the least developed places. They would look fucking stupid around the old dunstan road. Why put them somewhere like that, which still retains a lot of it's heritage value (being the least modified of the old goldfield sites) as opposed to putting them in an area which is already fairly developed and close to where the demand is?

Ok to have them in southland? I live in southland, I'm not really oppsed to white hill (although the turbines up there are nothing compared to what they want to do in central). People I know who farm below white hill were told that the windfarm would render their land value-less if they ever wanted to subdivide, they are adamant they don't so that's not really an issue.

White hill is fucking loud though...

As far as maintenance on windfarms, white hill is apparently more or less a one man operation.
I think it's lint.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 am

Mutante wrote:

'Cos he's all for them because he read that they were good somewhere but also totally against them being where he can see them because he read somewhere else that was also bad and it would lower the property prices or something.

Or some such half arsed talkback radio style bollocks.

I would rather they were close and viewable from centres of population than cluttering up much more attractive landscapes. Transmission can be a bit of a problem also...
I think it's lint.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:27 am

on this issue people and their petty selfish ideas should be thoroughly ignored, they can have a moan about being trampled by the gig guy but ultimately this is something that benefits everyone so some cunts worried about the noise or the view can get fucked.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:47 am

Which is why they should be built by cities
I think it's lint.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 am

Red_switch wrote:Why put them somewhere like that, which still retains a lot of it's heritage value (being the least modified of the old goldfield sites)

an old gold field? who gives a toss? Isn't it better to have a mean as renewable energy source than some old ecological fuck up?

meh build them there and in the cities. windmills everywhere I say.

I personally haven't been up to the ones in manawatu, but friends that have say that you can have a conversation under the turbines without raising your voice. And the noise they do make is more of a calm ocean like noise, ie more in tune with nature than most modern technology.

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm with Pert. I think they actually look quite interesting. And yes, you can chat under them without raising your voice.

They're going to lower property values by 30%? SWEET. I was thinking of buying a house.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:13 pm

goldfields are history, they wont be destroyed for windmills in any case it was a compleytely spurious argument.

i like looking at the places my ancestors died for.

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:49 pm

Race Traitor wrote:
Sicinius wrote:Aren't they really really inefficient anyway.. Which is why nobody uses them..

oh right. of course, completely inefficient, makes sense, id had some halfbaked idea that the companys that had invested millions in hydroecletric schemes didnt want to lose their income to windelectric power.

really really inefficient, thats right, it would be wouldnt it, an electric generator that is powered by the wind.. of course that wouldnt work, everyone knows that the wind cant turn a windmill, preposterous idea, don quixote had it right i say, cant stand in the way of progress, not unless its quite the wrong sort of progress, progress that doesnt make lots of money.

jolly good im glad we had thsi discussion, you should make sure you appoint yourself the queen of internet stuff and saying things guy.

The point was don't you need like 100,000 of them to power just a small town. I know they fucking work you deadbeat fuckup, I just also know they don't work very well.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:11 pm

I don't thing energy companies would be investing billions of dollars into them if they were doomed to fail.

Holiday Menthol.

Postby Holiday Menthol. » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:14 pm

Sounds like the dole.

Ooooooooooo....
Prince of Cats - PunkAs Royalty.

yossarian wrote:widdily widdily widdily widdily widdily widdily woooooooooooooooooooo

Return to “Current Affairs”