Arrest in Auck mosque attacks

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Darp_Hau

Postby Darp_Hau » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Statistics shamistics trends the bends.

It's all irrelevent to this particular "caught red handed" case.

NO amount of statistical analysis can detract from the fact [WE KNOW WHO] did it.

Plus a few mates.
www.darpism.com

www.fightdemback.com - Aussies and Kiwis fighting fascism together - THE REAL ANZAC SPIRIT!

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:24 pm

statistics are like miniskirts...

....they conceal whats really important

it

Postby it » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:51 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:It is entirely relevant. I speculate that many people will get up in arms over the desecration of a mosque, but won't care as much about the desecration of a church.

Vandalism/desecration and its public reaction depends on the intent of the attack. People would be annoyed, but not outraged, if someone for example threw a stone through a mosque or church window in a drunken rampage. But the attack has no political or religious motivation behind it. People have been outraged by the mosque attack because it was an attack on a community that had no involvement in the London bombings. In fact, NZ muslims have condemned the bombings.
Speculate all you like, but I will confidently say that if in the wake of the invasion of Iraq there were coordinated attacks on christian churches that were obviously done by muslim bigots, people would be very outraged by it, far more so than by a random vandalism attack. After all, Bush is a devout christian and the US and Britian are christian nations. An attack against a christian church in response to that invasion would be seen as being wrong and people would be angry.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:36 am

you are just as bad as them, get a fucking life, you cunts practically stood there and handed molloy or whover it was the fucking can, you gave him an enemy, you're as much to blame as he is you 'leftwing' fucking fascists

all tough online, happy to get real people in trouble, let us fight your fucking battles you fucking invisible internet shits

FUCK OFF BACK TO FDB AND NEVER COME BACK YOU CUNTS

chrisbucks

Postby chrisbucks » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:25 am

‹Rob Anybody› yeh that is an implied threat... an almost threat, god you need to research what a threat is you spinless waterballon man

021 1458835

eniporta

Postby eniporta » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:56 am

Wax wrote:meh, im just pissed off cos he made NZ look like a pack of ignorant racists..

i thought it was.. i mean look what the maori take over the rest.. their own electoral roll, their own national rugby team, etc. if youre in uni youll know that theres plenty of grants/support that is only applicable to maori while all others are for everyone.. and dont get me started on the foreshore/seabed :P

meh we'll always have that bunch of racist/sexist/antisemite/homophobic cunts that make everyone look bad

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:10 am

dont get me started on the foreshore/seabed

please go on, i love to see the extent of peoples' cluelessness on here

ted the bastard

Postby ted the bastard » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:12 am

no. please don't, this has been quite a read already.

chrisbucks

Postby chrisbucks » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:20 am

eniporta wrote:
Wax wrote:meh, im just pissed off cos he made NZ look like a pack of ignorant racists..

i thought it was.. i mean look what the maori take over the rest.. their own electoral roll, their own national rugby team, etc. if youre in uni youll know that theres plenty of grants/support that is only applicable to maori while all others are for everyone.. and dont get me started on the foreshore/seabed :P

meh we'll always have that bunch of racist/sexist/antisemite/homophobic cunts that make everyone look bad

im a maori student, and I'm not seeing all these so called grants/support which you talk about. Sure there are cultural groups for Ma/PI students which study in an environment catering for those cultures, but it's a bit unbalanced when the other 99% of the environment is aimed only for the european majority.

If you are of tribal heritage you can apply for your tribal authority to get support, this reminds me of a lot of families of any other heritage who have trust funds for study purposes. How is that different? stop playing the fucking victim and get over yourself.
‹Rob Anybody› yeh that is an implied threat... an almost threat, god you need to research what a threat is you spinless waterballon man

021 1458835

eniporta

Postby eniporta » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:30 am

Im not playing victim, i just see no reason why there should be a fucken national sports team and electoral roll that only caters for the Maori population of New Zealand. Very fucken racist to me.

As for the grants.. I remember looking through the list of possible scholarships and grants possible to apply to before coming to uni.. while there where plenty of grants for anyone, there were also plenty that were funded by regular people and companies (much like most of the others) yet had a strict Maori Only policy.. also a nice note, due to my course of architecture, in the end i had an option of 1-2 grants (im pretty sure the 2nd wasnt quite applicable but im not sure).. and both of which were very limited. Then again, had i been Maori i would of had another halfdozen grants open to me.. but hey, I guess its fair that I (along with the couple of hundred architecture students) can fight over a few slots in a grant, since the majority of the enviroment in aimed at me.. (wtf does that mean anyway)

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:37 am

looking strictly at grants, please make your point relevant, i dont want to guess
are you somehow suggesting individuals and body corporates should limit offer grants to people of maori descent? Is it not their choice to choose their conditions?
your preception that you are hard done by taints your view on the other issues
to prove me wrong, post intelligent examples instead of generic cliches ie the maori seats, these didnt exist from the start. maybe you can argue how the conditions that existed then are irrelevant now. or argue against the rationales which it was enacted in the first place. this was obviously viewed as necessary/beneficial, so lets see your 2 cents. maybe start a new topic and incite some discussion. love to see it
lets hear some foreshore/seabed arguments too
hate to single u out, people who are not called on talk too much trash

eniporta

Postby eniporta » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:55 am

Grants to Maori shouldnt be limited obviously, but when grants are put forward that cater onto to Maori people then that is unfair to Europeans or whatever you want to call the general white folk of NZ. Truth is that i havent seen a single grant that isnt limited only to people of Maori/pacific descent, and im pretty sure there arent any.

And please, anyone, give me a reason why there isnt a NZ Pakeha Rugby team, or a NZ Pakeha electoral roll.. i may just be misinformed but why is it that the Maori are given these extra levels. Im enrolled in the NZ electoral roll; i dont have a choice of a different one. If i was Maori i could choose to be in the Maori roll.. how is that equality in any form? If i was a pro rugby star but didnt quite make the All Blacks well then too bad. If i was Maori i could go for NZ Maori and have a national spot. So somebody please explain how this is fucken equality.

And for the foreshore/seabed. Well yes i dont know much about the politics of it, but if you look at how it was mentioned i wasnt talking about the political reasoning. The pure and simple claim from I was, that there were plenty of people wanting somewhat "ownership" of the foreshore/seabed, and for it to become somewhat property to the Iwi. I dont know the specific reasoning behind this, ive picked up a few things along the way but figured it was the most ridiculous thing from the moment i heard about it and just hoped itd go away. Now if it did go ahead and the foreshore/seabed became property, the idea of it turning into a negative fiasco is pretty low.. but it was still there. I myself and a few others i know have been told to fuck off from a river because some assholes thought they had rights to the land due to their descent. The idea of the foreshore/seabed being "given back" as property to certain tribes or whatever could in no way be seen as national equality, and could only bring negative tension in this country.

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:27 am

please explain how this is fucken equality

first of all, convince me why equality for unequal people is a good goal
second, i'd like you to consider the treaty of waitangi on all the points you have made
you dont have to treat its wording literally, the mainstream view is that it is a "social compact" I guess

now I'm no experts on uni grants, but the statistics for maori achievers in uni dont look so hot. the issue here: is the pursuit of protection of indigenous peoples worthwhile? most grants have conditions set ie achievements, subjects, religion etc, they all have the goal of advancing a certain purpose, is the purpose of advancing the interest of indigenous population not as worthwhile as other goals set by other grants?

If i was Maori i could choose to be in the Maori roll.. how is that equality in any form?

to me thats a compromise based on the treaty, not a very adequate one
i would like to see tribes given proper sovereignty over customary lands like in indian reserves. i doubt many non-maori population would be stoked on that. 2 nations etc etc

and for it to become somewhat property to the Iwi

lets get somethin straight. anyone in NZ can own land. why cant Maoris?
the law recognises contractual rights and possessory right
are you proposing the only way to own land is to buy it from someone?
if your tribe has lived in harmony with a certain piece of marine area/foreshore for years and years, why is your possessory/customary title more defective than someone who simply pays for it?

but figured it was the most ridiculous thing from the moment i heard about it

customary title is a creation of common law, law of the commonwealth
it certainly wasnt somethin asserted by the Maori
how is claiming your rights under law ridiculous?
confiscation would be ridiculous.
although i agree foreshore should be public property
but issues are more complex than the impressionable media suggests

if it did go ahead and the foreshore/seabed became property

you'll have to question how much of an issue it would be if it was "ordinary white folks" buying and gaining property in the foreshore?

because some assholes thought they had rights to the land due to their descent

if your parents passed on their family house to you, do you think you have less rights in the house? i just think it is sad the law is still primitive in its structure to not deal with tribal ownership.

The idea of the foreshore/seabed being "given back" as property to certain tribes or whatever could in no way be seen as national equality

they are not given back. it was never anyones property to give away
the court case merely gave the Maori courts jurisdiction to hear claims over foreshore/seabed. customary title is not limited by race, if your entirely family have lived in harmony with certain unowned land for years and years, you can claim too. if no one had property in it, it appears possessory title is the highest claim. and that is subject to many conditions before a claim is successful.

kittenslayer

Postby kittenslayer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:14 am

I have no problem with Moaris having special grants compared to other ethnic groups.

kittenslayer

Postby kittenslayer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:14 am

Wax wrote:you are just as bad as them, get a fucking life, you cunts practically stood there and handed molloy or whover it was the fucking can, you gave him an enemy, you're as much to blame as he is you 'leftwing' fucking fascists

all tough online, happy to get real people in trouble, let us fight your fucking battles you fucking invisible internet shits

FUCK OFF BACK TO FDB AND NEVER COME BACK YOU CUNTS

Like your better? I can just see you sitting with a beer and doing nothing about anything.

Andy Justice

Postby Andy Justice » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:46 am

WHATS he doing weraing my jacket?...........

About the attacking a church or a mosque, its lame and only eggs do that shit. Just like Kyle.
I remember hearing about some kids who burnt down a church in christchurch, just because they were bored. Now they go to that chruch :lol:. Some ignorant people just need some love and others just need the bash.

Andy Justice

Postby Andy Justice » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:51 am

Really whats all this moaning about grants for Maoris? I dont need a grant. Alot of young Maori kids havent had the breaks and chances I have had.
I just feel that grants arnt going in practical direction.
I belive grants should revolve around trade schools, forestry etc and study grants for those with proven academic ability.
Lets face it uni dosent allways give you a job. But a trade is a job for life.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:16 pm

kittenslayer wrote:some crap.

yeh i am better, i deal with racists everytime i go out, im not sure exactly how i come across on punkas, but im pretty much known as a radical anti-racist where i live, much to my chagrin, im sick of explaining myself, im sick of dealing with shit cos of wankers on the internet who do this shit like some kind of hobby.

and you personally bruce, are nothing, im sure you combat racism by simply being who you are, so i wont challange your <sarcasm> contribution to 'the cause' </sarcasm> but youre just an annoying raver to me.

balaclava

Postby balaclava » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:42 pm

You seem an angry person Wax.

If you'd take the time to research what FDB actually does, you would find that we aren't all 'internet warriors' or whatever you want to call it.

Actually, you seem that angry and mis-informed I dont really know whyI wasted my time replying to you.
"..... and being 16 we can make up our own minds"
"Ice-cold"

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:46 pm

balaclava wrote:You seem an angry person Wax.

If you'd take the time to research what FDB actually does, you would find that we aren't all 'internet warriors' or whatever you want to call it.

Actually, you seem that angry and mis-informed I dont really know whyI wasted my time replying to you.

What FDB does:

1. Spams messageboards
2. Aggravates racists
3. Takes the NF seriously
4. Masturbates over their inflated sense of self-importance

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:59 pm

kittenslayer wrote:I have no problem with Moaris having special grants compared to other ethnic groups.

*Maori

not Moaris

and no, racially targeted assistance is unhelpful and divisive.

balaclava

Postby balaclava » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:12 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:

What FDB does:

1. Spams messageboards
2. Aggravates racists

1) No - I think you would find that those who are here were invited over.
2) Shows your total lack of knowledge of FDB
3) Hardly - as per 2
4) 'self importance' - Ummm, nope.

Geesshhh, Is that really the best you can do.

I agree with the others on here - You really are full of shit.

Takign into account that my comments were for WAX and not you you fool.
Last edited by balaclava on Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Ice-cold"

cheese

Postby cheese » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:15 pm

Wax wrote:my friend burnt down a chuch, he did it cos hes into black metal :roll:

not james was it?
Back 2 Life wrote:cheese is better

kittenslayer

Postby kittenslayer » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:37 pm

Wax wrote:
kittenslayer wrote:some crap.

yeh i am better, i deal with racists everytime i go out, im not sure exactly how i come across on punkas, but im pretty much known as a radical anti-racist where i live, much to my chagrin, im sick of explaining myself, im sick of dealing with shit cos of wankers on the internet who do this shit like some kind of hobby.

and you personally bruce, are nothing, im sure you combat racism by simply being who you are, so i wont challange your <sarcasm> contribution to 'the cause' </sarcasm> but youre just an annoying raver to me.

your just a fat drunk to me

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:57 pm

balaclava wrote:
Fearful_Jesuit wrote:

What FDB does:

1. Spams messageboards
2. Aggravates racists

1) No - I think you would find that those who are here were invited over.
2) Shows your total lack of knowledge of FDB
3) Hardly - as per 2
4) 'self importance' - Ummm, nope.

Geesshhh, Is that really the best you can do.

I agree with the others on here - You really are full of shit.

Takign into account that my comments were for WAX and not you you fool.

Nice one, I havn't seen anyone do the forum equivalent of putting a tin pot on their head and banging with a wooden spoon while yelling I CAN'T HEAR YOU NAH NAH for a long time.

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:59 pm

we have

and it's you bro.....it's you

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:00 pm

Inferno_dun wrote:we have

and it's you bro.....it's you

OH SNAP

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:02 pm

lol

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:03 pm

i know what FDB is, its a tool to make you feel big at the expense of someone weaker than you.
and at my expense.

balaclava

Postby balaclava » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:30 pm

Wax wrote:

i know what FDB is, its a tool to make you feel big at the expense of someone weaker than you.
and at my expense.

Ummmmm... No. Its not. Would you care to elaborate on how you came to such an outstanding conclusion ?

"Ice-cold"

Return to “Current Affairs”