wanted: cheap crappy bass

Second hand musical gear for sale.
Fiction & Falsehood

wanted: cheap crappy bass

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 am

maybe even the sort of hunk of shit i can plug headphones directly into and it runs on batteries or something, cos i dont actually know how to play it and i dont want anyone to hear me :baton: :explainittomelikeimfive:
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Dixon Cider A.C.

Re: wanted: cheap crappy bass

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Do these exist?

Skoll

Postby Skoll » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Just don't plug it into an amp... Or get a shitty practice amp and plug headphones into it...

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Do these exist?

yeh im pretty sure bart had one on the simpsons.

anyway, yeh im not really serious about that, but i only need a total hunk of shit.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Skoll

Postby Skoll » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:03 pm

How cheap are you aiming for?

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

cheap as possible, il probably be happy to pay $150 tho if its not gunna fuck out and comes with a practise amp

Obzen

Postby Obzen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Just watch out for fretbuzz. That shit fux you right up.
Well seymour, you are an odd fellow, but I must say, you steam a good ham

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:31 pm

^^ listen to this man, he's really good at buying shitty, worthless guitars apparently

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com

Postby Martli » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Phil, i'd recommend looking for an SX on trademe, got mine for abou $200 but it's decent. It might be a bit above your price range but it beats the shit out of an obzen-level guitar.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Also a cheap headphone option for amplification would be the Vox Amplug range. They are generally around $70 I believe.

http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:43 pm

cheers, this is the cheapest one ive found
http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 097981.htm
hardcase that its made of paulownia, is that common? i was working with that shit today.

garyasfulla

Postby garyasfulla » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm

I reckon something like that would do the trick If you were just wanting to learn. I've got an old Sammick thats over 10 years old and probably cost about that when new and its still fun for a muck around on.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:02 pm

yeh im getting pretty tempted to go with that, and that amplug thing looks awesome, cheers ross, i love that you can plug in an mp3 player and play along with it, exactly the kinda shit i wanna do.

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:13 am

Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:33 am

These http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 249275.htm can go on TM for under $200 reasonably often iirc and sometimes with amps. I have one, and while I know little about playing bass, it seems reasonably well made and fine for learning on (I did some brief research before buying and general consensus seemed to be they were good for learning on as long as the shitty original strings were replaced). Mine's had the bridge lowered, and hence has a little buzz (also equally likely caused by my shite "playing" :lol:) but nothing too bad.

2nd-hand practice amps can be found for next to nothing, but ideally get one with a line-in and head phone out so you put your iPod through it as well as play (that way you can do the same as an Amplug and still have an actual amp).

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 am

End up getting that one? I have a shitty Ashton bass you can have in exchange for a box of beers/whatever. Exactly the same as this one except I repainted it satin black: http://www.dinkos.com.au/Nice+transpare ... 064135.htm
It's definitely had a bit of use, but the only times it's broken/needed maintenance I've been able to fix it myself because it's so basic (I've really only ever had to re-solder in new pots of the volume & tone knobz). Lasted through a fair bit of abuse in Tentacles and Crawler (Grant/toothbrush mistreated one also), and it never fucked out at shows & houseparties even when it got thrown around and had drinks spilled on it and shit. I'd recommend it as a shitty bass that costs next to nothing second-hand. Still got the shitty Ashton soft case for it too.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Not yet, buckton has offered me one that Rex currently has, I forget what its worth to anyone, I'm in grey Lynn right now, but I'm going home tomoz, I'm strongly considering moving up here tho, so if I do I'll be keen as a knife

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Not yet, buckton has offered me one that Rex currently has, I forget what its worth to anyone, I'm in grey Lynn right now, but I'm going home tomoz, I'm strongly considering moving up here tho, so if I do I'll be keen as a knife

Return to “Instruments for Sale or Wanted”