Stay Cold

Re: ESP M1 Guitar

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

I miss you Cosmo :(

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm

we do need him in the blacklight thread
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Get front & centre for Razorwyre @ Smakdown. We'll grab him and his baton and bring him home. :tohlc:
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm

hahah they are playing smackdown? random. How's Cosmo going to control himself in front of a sea of shirtless hardcore boys? :calavcalav:

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Not reading upcoming events? Staying home at your keyboard and strumming by yourself? Probably just the hairy boys/girls need to watch out.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 am

He's currently saving himself - his sights are firmly set on all the shirtless European boys he'll be encountering soon.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi everyone sorry took a little break, still been reading from time to time

Ross please explain this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRKdiGMfMts[/video]
Kramer Murphy and Associates

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 pm

hhmm...it appears to be a music video. If memory serves me right, the additional footage is from their tour of mexico.

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:42 pm

are all of the riffs that budget?
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Nathanael

Postby Nathanael » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:14 pm

They are as budget as the dodgy camera work.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 pm

well, they aren't exactly known for their quality music videos.... or good riffs, for that matter....

AT LEAST THEY'RE TRYING
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Nathanael

Postby Nathanael » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Someone get Rob and rapist in here, they can witness that it's not just their shit band we take pot shots at.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Someone should take some potshots at our current/former bands too.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 pm

From what I know, that video was done by the same guy that did Shekinah video and done the day after. Guys flew him in from america as they got a NZ On Air grant, this video was done the day after, so essentially a freebie. It's a mixture of his video work and mexico tour footage from a few years beforehand, presumably shot on smartphones (probably weren't thinking of using it in a video at the time)

The song itself is from a really, really early/first E.P. All the newer stuff sounds much more like the other video.

Oh god no, lets keep them out of here, we don't need 4chan memes gaying this thread up any more than it is.

What were your previous bands?

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:39 am

xCaptainx wrote:What were your previous bands?

It doesn't matter. Just hobby shit anyway. :calav:

xCaptainx wrote:Guys flew him in from america as they got a NZ On Air grant

Was that the one with the KFC bones on the floor tom? Are NZ on Air sweet with funnelling grant money directly offshore? Kind of defeats the purpose of them paying for it really, seeing as the band is more or less flat out disregarding local industry by flying in some international hotshot director...

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:47 am

pretty sure you have to submit a full breakdown of costs during your application, so yeah it would have been NZ On Air that would have directly approved that decision.

Though we are talking about a system that provides overseas based artists the ability live a completely tax payer funded lifestyle, so don't put too much logic into thinking about NZOA haha. Personally I think government schemes should fuck right off out of the arts, or treat it more like a loan scheme for new businesses/artists (I mean really, is there ANY way that NZOA can provide a detailed return on investment on any of these grants? Surely tax payers are entitled to this information at least?)

I mean fuck, Autozam got like what, $200,000? Insane.

That being said, I'd gladly take free money if it's offered, haha.

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:51 am

xCaptainx wrote:pretty sure you have to submit a full breakdown of costs during your application, so yeah it would have been NZ On Air that would have directly approved that decision.

Though we are talking about a system that provides overseas based artists the ability live a completely tax payer funded lifestyle, so don't put too much logic into thinking about NZOA haha. Personally I think government schemes should fuck right off out of the arts, or treat it more like a loan scheme for new businesses/artists (I mean really, is there ANY way that NZOA can provide a detailed return on investment on any of these grants? Surely tax payers are entitled to this information at least?)

I mean fuck, Autozam got like what, $200,000? Insane.

That being said, I'd gladly take free money if it's offered, haha.

Not sure who but I did hear whispers about some artists who flat out lied about their production costs in order to gain funding and later found themselves in a spot of bother when word inevitably got back to NZ on Air that they'd had the audacity to brag publicly about spending NZ on Air funds on booze or whatever.

If I recall correctly, The Naked and Famous once alleged they were "completely independent" in an interview with some UK music mag, which was pretty amusing too.

Autozamm received close to $100,000 over a number of years (they were around for FUCKEN ages but still...) although I'm not entirely sure it was all NZ on Air, their may have been some Music Commission involvement in that but I really don't know so I can't say any more.

Fuck, the Victorian govt over here has just recently started throwing cash at people to hopefully "Find the next Gotye" (their actual words, not mine) which is about as absurd as it gets.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:22 pm

i wanna bang the next kimbra
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Agnes

Postby Agnes » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Probably this chick then :

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm

^keen

dclxvi wrote:AT LEAST THEY'RE TRYING

and succeeding at spreading christs holy power thru faith based hardcore punk rock with a heavy metal homie gangsta spin.
the power of prayer is brutal and raw when saving grace come to a church or evangelical worship center near you, mind numbingly intense lyrics will kick your teeth in with the holy spirit and tear your tongue out with christs healing hand.
saving grace have been destroying it with faith for 7 years*, punishing sinners with christs brutal love and forgiveness, they summon the power of yahweh to rain heavy unflinching breakdowns to save your soul from the gates of hell and lead you into the glory of the ascension of christ and to cast the devil out from your unclean loins.

abstinence!

sobriety!

obedience!

ROCK AND ROLL!

* i dunno

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:13 pm

xCaptainx wrote:From what I know, that video was done by the same guy that did Shekinah video and done the day after. Guys flew him in from america as they got a NZ On Air grant, this video was done the day after, so essentially a freebie. It's a mixture of his video work and mexico tour footage from a few years beforehand, presumably shot on smartphones (probably weren't thinking of using it in a video at the time)

what are you trying to say?

its ok to release this sub par "video" because it was a freebie?

no issue with the iphone footage. thought that was the best part.

why they in mexio? was that some kind of .... what do you call it when xchains go to poor places to spread the "good word" ?

have you ever been on one ross? what do you do when they go on one?

xCaptainx wrote:The song itself is from a really, really early/first E.P. All the newer stuff sounds much more like the other video.

so what are you trying to say?

you know its shit but its ok because its from aaaaaagggggeeeessss ago?

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:17 pm

xCaptainx wrote:From what I know, that video was done by the same guy that did Shekinah video

what do you think of this video?

do you think Scott Hansen did a good job?

It says they both from NZ on air funding. but then you said freeby ?

are you saying Saving Grace is pulling the wool over NZOA eyes?

you have $6/8 g's for each video.

However, the second one was a freebie? so $6/8 g's went where within SG ??

:baton:

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 pm

hey ross cant rerembr when i was last on here but did i ask how parachute was / went for you?

was serching jim beam home gwon and came across this from parachute

Reminiscing from Parachute festival last week, thanks to those who shared their Fears vs Dreams

was this like a activity there?

hot babes!

did you do one?

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:05 pm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v4mTs1H85IQ[/video]

holy moly

Nathanael

Postby Nathanael » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 am

A.D. A.D.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 am

aye dee

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:From what I know, that video was done by the same guy that did Shekinah video

what do you think of this video?

do you think Scott Hansen did a good job?

It says they both from NZ on air funding. but then you said freeby ?

are you saying Saving Grace is pulling the wool over NZOA eyes?

you have $6/8 g's for each video.

However, the second one was a freebie? so $6/8 g's went where within SG ??

:baton:

I liked the video, I think he did a good job.

I say freebie as since they paid for his flights and associated costs with getting his gear over here, plus editing, the difference between 1 and 2 videos were negligible. From my understanding, it was all before my time anyway and I didn't realise I was going to be grilled under oath 3 years afterwards, so my memory about a 'cool video bro, who did that? conversation years before I joined the band, are pretty vague.

When are Razorwyre doing a video? I'm guessing it'll have to be on redtube, youtube have a funny thing about erect cocks and hot semen shooting everywhere I think? Prudes :tohlc:

Return to “Instruments for Sale or Wanted”