newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Second hand musical gear for sale.
PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 am

Hey guys, any of you have a china cymbal for sale? preferably with the stand too. i dont know much about brand/series or whatever its called, so as long as it looks like it will last for a year or two, and sound close to August Burns Red - Crusades 1:02 - 1:10, i will be more than happy do discuss price etc.
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
Phlegethon
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Well im Peepin and im creepin and im creep-in
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Phlegethon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:07 pm

hey mate buy one from wah lees. they have meanis ones there

2010
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Postby 2010 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:50 pm

the thing about breakdowns is you really need to invest in a good china

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Phlegethon wrote:hey mate buy one from wah lees. they have meanis ones there


im pretty sure cymbals and fireworks are different things
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby cirE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

D:
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

xBOSSx
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby xBOSSx » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:20 pm

is it that one that makes a "ksssssh" sound when you hit it? If so, I have one in your mum's vagina
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuB_IQVPlg[/youtube]

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 pm

im dissapointed that this forum is full of trolls :( so much for "punk"
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby FC » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:32 pm

It's the internet, of course it's full of trolls. You shouldn't be judging the "punk" scene based on punkas. If anything you should be judging punkas based on the punk scene.

If you are trying to sell a fallout boy hoodie and list your favourite bands as Aiden, MCR and avenge seven fold then you probably aren't in a position to be judging anyone however.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
Phlegethon
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Well im Peepin and im creepin and im creep-in
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Phlegethon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:38 pm

PeterControl wrote:
Phlegethon wrote:hey mate buy one from wah lees. they have meanis ones there


im pretty sure cymbals and fireworks are different things


Hi peter thanks for your rapid response, in response to your response:

they have them in the windows, incase you have ever been there/past.

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:09 pm

FC wrote:It's the internet, of course it's full of trolls. You shouldn't be judging the "punk" scene based on punkas. If anything you should be judging punkas based on the punk scene.

If you are trying to sell a fallout boy hoodie and list your favourite bands as Aiden, MCR and avenge seven fold then you probably aren't in a position to be judging anyone however.


im pretty sure i was stating a fact rather than judging :\

but yea its funny how ur telling me not to judge when ur clearly judging me by the bands i listen to
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
wassup rockers
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Auckland City

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby wassup rockers » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 pm

PeterControl wrote:im pretty sure i was stating a fact rather than judging :\


mate:

PeterControl wrote:im dissapointed that this forum is full of trolls :( so much for "punk"


i do believe that is a matter of opinion, judgement, not fact. get your facts right. or rather, get right at your facts. straightup

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 pm

wassup rockers wrote:
PeterControl wrote:im pretty sure i was stating a fact rather than judging :\


mate:

PeterControl wrote:im dissapointed that this forum is full of trolls :( so much for "punk"


i do believe that is a matter of opinion, judgement, not fact. get your facts right. or rather, get right at your facts. straightup


yea ur right, that was my opinion, my bad. but considering there is not one serious response to this topic yet, i still BELIEVE this forum is full of trolls
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
Phlegethon
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Well im Peepin and im creepin and im creep-in
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Phlegethon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 pm

hey mate. i informed you of a place to buy them from.

yours truthfully,

Gilliam

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:50 pm

do u have their address?
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
Phlegethon
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Well im Peepin and im creepin and im creep-in
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Phlegethon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:52 pm

PeterControl wrote:
Phlegethon wrote:hey mate buy one from wah lees. they have meanis ones there


im pretty sure cymbals and fireworks are different things


PeterControl wrote:do u have their address?


hey mate you fucked up.

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 pm

how?
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
wassup rockers
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Auckland City

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby wassup rockers » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 pm

dude just go to hempstore they have a selection of cymbals specifically made for metalcore

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 pm

i walk pass it everyday when i go to uni and i see no cymbals. try again
Last edited by PeterControl on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby cirE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 am

D:
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

User avatar
Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:12 pm
Location: Hades

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Martli » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:10 am

PeterControl wrote:i dont see no cymbals


You don't see no cymbals? Then why don't you just buy one from there on your way to uni? Would save having to make this thread.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

User avatar
your fucking funeral
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:44 pm
Location: fernandez

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby your fucking funeral » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 pm

if you got the coin i suggest avoiding wah lees, and getting a nice Meinl China, hit up drumshop on krd. bloody trolls
chelovek cheloveky volk

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:11 pm

your fucking funeral wrote:if you got the coin i suggest avoiding wah lees, and getting a nice Meinl China, hit up drumshop on krd. bloody trolls


thank you! unfortunatly i dont have the coin :( but i will check that shop out anyway when i have the chance
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

User avatar
buckton
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:35 pm
Location: The Nightosphere

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby buckton » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Well you're pretty much limited to an old oven tray if you don't have any money.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Phlegethon
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: Well im Peepin and im creepin and im creep-in
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Phlegethon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 pm

ive only ever had 16 inchers from wah lees and they sound like shit/good

wishing i had something with a bit more sustain though

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:08 am

i saved enough money for a second hand one.
so yea if someone is selling one, im still keen......
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

xBOSSx
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby xBOSSx » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:25 am

buy mine then beh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuB_IQVPlg[/youtube]

User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby cirE » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 am

PeterControl wrote:i saved enough money for a second hand one.
so yea if someone is selling one, im still keen......

you did not have money a day ago, but now you have

why not save a coupla more days and get something decent
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19701
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PertHJ » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 am

Clearly he meant that he doesn't have enough money for a new china, but as per first post is after a second hand one for which he has saved enough for...
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

PeterControl
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby PeterControl » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:45 pm

PertHJ wrote:Clearly he meant that he doesn't have enough money for a new china, but as per first post is after a second hand one for which he has saved enough for...


and hopefully they will understand it...
anyway i appreciate your explaination =]
"When you get into Punk rock, its awesome, cause you just hate everyone, its really a satisfying feeling"

Damo Yamaha
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: newbie drummer wants a china cymbal D: *Auckland*

Postby Damo Yamaha » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Image


Return to “Instruments for Sale or Wanted”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest