punkas police posting

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
User avatar
*16bitsatan*
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:13 pm
Location: the roof, you foo'!

Postby *16bitsatan* » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:54 pm

^ yes , hopefully you will learn how to elaborate points to bulid a solid arguement - and how to find evidence to back up such arguement

or are you an engineering student?
wow - those GRIMM STATISTICS gears are real snazzy


Image

User avatar
FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:25 pm
Location: Lurking
Contact:

Postby FiveIronFan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:56 pm

Im guessing for a BA. Thinks he knows a lot but when it comes down to it is full of whiney lefty bollocks with no backing.



Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:56 pm

satanic worship and being amember of the police force implys to me that you need to reconsider your beliefs


well sorry, that above quote sounded like you thought he would have to question his religious believes because he is a policeman.

I'm not going to give you a 'dumb' reply (hahah whats with Wellington kids and not liking my posts, its pretty wierd) because I dont think those two things are dumb, any argument about it would be pretty pointless as I'm never going to change my views, same as you. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Although I would be interested in hearing your eplanation for satanism being 'dumb', I would like to know what you are basing your opinions on. Feel free to explain yourself later on if you like, I am keen on hearing it.

User avatar
Grave Dancer
Posts: 10020
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:13 am
Location: faggot cunt

Postby Grave Dancer » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:04 pm

wow you've almost hit 5000 posts. is there anyone who's cleared it?
Image

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:07 pm

My apologies, assumptions from mentalities and general petty postings led me to think they were 'kids'.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:08 pm

Dead in Magazines wrote:wow you've almost hit 5000 posts. is there anyone who's cleared it?


holy shit I have too, crikey :S not that I know of. Oooeerr :S crap.
Last edited by xCaptainx on Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dan Last
Vibe Bringer
Posts: 11752
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Fucked, get fucked.

Postby Dan Last » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:08 pm

i have a problem with you, xcaptainx.
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

User avatar
The Ost
mutton chops
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: 0931

Postby The Ost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:09 pm

This thread's still rocking more than ever. Why can't we call just get along? :(
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:09 pm

J wrote:i dunno but 90% of his posts include the line 'my dad is a detective'


Yes J, 4467.6 of my posts are simply 'my dads a detective', nice one.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:10 pm

Cowboy Dan wrote:i have a problem with you, xcaptainx.



Your problem is that I'm too manly for your lovin. Hang on.........thats my problem too. Arg :(

User avatar
Dan Last
Vibe Bringer
Posts: 11752
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Fucked, get fucked.

Postby Dan Last » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:11 pm

:( :(
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

User avatar
The Ost
mutton chops
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: 0931

Postby The Ost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:11 pm

xCaptainx wrote:
J wrote:i dunno but 90% of his posts include the line 'my dad is a detective'


Yes J, 4467.6 of my posts are simply 'my dads a detective', nice one.


you do mention it a lot.
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

User avatar
Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:12 pm
Location: Hades

Postby Martli » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:12 pm

Dead in Magazines wrote:]wow you've almost hit 5000 posts. is there anyone who's cleared it?


Pete has ;).
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

User avatar
The Ost
mutton chops
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: 0931

Postby The Ost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:13 pm

J wrote:plus he felt defensive enough to break out calc.exe


true - i just thought he was a brainy motherfucker :wink:
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

User avatar
Dan Last
Vibe Bringer
Posts: 11752
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Fucked, get fucked.

Postby Dan Last » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:15 pm

haha, back to da shack, 4:20, harhar...

my dads a detective...a rock'n'roll detective!!
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:16 pm

break out? lol there is a button marked 'calculator' on my keyboard. First time I've used it actually, lol it took me a while to figure out how to use it.

Ost, I only mention it when its relavent to my argument or point. Looking at my post count, its obvious I post alot, and some of these posts are dealing with law/cops/authority whatnot. You might think that these posts constitute 'alot' in your books, but to me its sweet fuck all.

User avatar
The Ost
mutton chops
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: 0931

Postby The Ost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:21 pm

xCaptainx wrote: You might think that these posts constitute 'alot' in your books, but to me its sweet fuck all.


Yes lovely, and to me its "a lot".
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:27 pm

The 'Ost wrote:
xCaptainx wrote: You might think that these posts constitute 'alot' in your books, but to me its sweet fuck all.


Yes lovely, and to me its "a lot".


Ok sweetie.

User avatar
_ben
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Postby _ben » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:15 pm

aiden wrote:Im guessing for a BA.


im doin a double major: studying a BSC in computer science and a BA in religion.

aiden wrote:Thinks he knows a lot but when it comes down to it is full of whiney lefty bollocks with no backing.


back that up please?

xCaptainx wrote:Although I would be interested in hearing your eplanation for satanism being 'dumb', I would like to know what you are basing your opinions on. Feel free to explain yourself later on if you like, I am keen on hearing it.


satanism is the lazy and shallow rebellion to christianity adopted by angsty people who can see that christianity has problems but cant handle to think of real alternatives.

cheers ben.
"Attention duped masses"
-Lisa Simpson.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold
Posts: 12154
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:39 pm

'satanism is the lazy and shallow rebellion to christianity adopted by angsty people who can see that christianity has problems but cant handle to think of real alternatives'

lol well thats a fair enough opinion to hold :)

User avatar
Rigel
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Postby Rigel » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:11 pm

i was judging the description. not the person who i ahvent met. satanic worship and being amember of the police force implys to me that you need to reconsider your beliefs. good people can want to become police but in time the systems always currupts them.


No, I dont "worship" anything, and what I believe is well founded, surely if you are studying at university you realise that someones worldview cannot be explained in one word, and that they do not always fit convieniently into the boxes people places them in. Neither can the immensity of a human personality be covered with all the words in the world. You cannot judge a book by its cover, only by reading through its pages.

I can honestly states that "the system" dosn't corrupt every single person who is a police officer. Absolutest statements that cover grey areas like that can never be substantiated and Id like to see you back up that with some facts or at least expeience with the subject matter.

satanism is the lazy and shallow rebellion to christianity adopted by angsty people who can see that christianity has problems but cant handle to think of real alternatives



no, I disagree. I dont see it as being a knee jerk rebellion against christianity. My mother is a christian, I dont have a problem with that. I do not see it as a lazy, shallow or hedonistic either, perhaps you have been reading too much Anton LaVey. True satanic belief is about striving to better yourself. Always. This is best achieved by confronting what you do not understand, what you fear, what cannot be achieved and experiencing these things first hand.

satan is opposition-opposition leads to healthy debate and contest. either you can close your mind to the views of others, surround yourself with yes-men so you can preech to the converted and dwell blissfully in ignorance, or embrace diversity ,listen learn and use what you learn from this to round out your own views and better yourself.


One of the principle tennets is of my beliefs is individualism. Iam an individual and I will follow where my curiosity takes me without concern for the opinion of others, what is accepted or considered "cool" or whether others can fathom my motives or not. I refuse to let the acceptance of others stifle my quest for knowledge through living and experiencing, untill that experience is no longer benifical to me.

If people here would like to jump on the cheap shot bandwagon and steriotype me because I wear a blue uniform, please, go ahead. Negative steriotypes like that are no different from anyother form of biggotry, be it baseed on sex, race, musical taste, clothing, or being straightedge whatever, it is all a form of discrimination based on ignorance and missinformation that leads someone to belive that because they have been wronged by someone, all others of that group must be assholes too.

The irony is that such cheep shots discorage diversity in the people that apply for my job and ensure that a very conservative sector of society in a very powerfull and influential situation is populated by persons who have little or no appreciation for the views and concerns of people on this forum.
Even if someone goes through fire for their teaching, what does that prove? It means more to me that ones own teaching is the product of ones own fire- FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

User avatar
[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King
Posts: 3094
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: Wu-town
Contact:

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:28 pm

shack420 wrote:i dunno but 90% of his posts include the line 'my dad is a detective'


OK, I might be a dirty Wellington "kid" but AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahhahAHA

Rigel, you sound on to it, so escape before they get you. You have to admit 1 out of 10,000 or however many cops there are in NZ pretty much = 0%

Have you ever busted a pot smoker?
Have you ever catched a moiderer?
Do you sometimes, just for fun, turn on the flashy lights and run a red so that you can get home in time for Coro St?
Is it true about the donuts?
Make assassinations, not war!

User avatar
Rigel
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Postby Rigel » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:47 pm

Rigel, you sound on to it, so escape before they get you. You have to admit 1 out of 10,000 or however many cops there are in NZ pretty much = 0%


of course its more than 1. theres bad apples in every barrell
Even if someone goes through fire for their teaching, what does that prove? It means more to me that ones own teaching is the product of ones own fire- FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

User avatar
*16bitsatan*
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:13 pm
Location: the roof, you foo'!

Postby *16bitsatan* » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:52 pm

Mob King wrote:Do you sometimes, just for fun, turn on the flashy lights and run a red so that you can get home in time for Coro St?



or 24? :lol:
wow - those GRIMM STATISTICS gears are real snazzy




Image

User avatar
FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:25 pm
Location: Lurking
Contact:

Postby FiveIronFan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:11 pm

I like science.


Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

User avatar
_ben
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Postby _ben » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:42 pm

Rigel wrote:
No, I dont "worship" anything, and what I believe is well founded, surely if you are studying at university you realise that someones worldview cannot be explained in one word, and that they do not always fit convieniently into the boxes people places them in. Neither can the immensity of a human personality be covered with all the words in the world. You cannot judge a book by its cover, only by reading through its pages.
.............
One of the principle tennets is of my beliefs is individualism. Iam an individual and I will follow where my curiosity takes me without concern for the opinion of others, what is accepted or considered "cool" or whether others can fathom my motives or not. I refuse to let the acceptance of others stifle my quest for knowledge through living and experiencing, untill that experience is no longer benifical to me.


originally that was the main point of my post. iv already repeated it once, i said that "the description paints the picture of a moron." if that description (a satanic policeman) is your opinion of your self and it seems to be since you were offended when i criticised it. then i was offending you but if one of your beliefs really is individualism then why are you offended insted of just shruggin it off as a criticism of a generalisation?

Rigel wrote:
I can honestly states that "the system" dosn't corrupt every single person who is a police officer. Absolutest statements that cover grey areas like that can never be substantiated and Id like to see you back up that with some facts or at least expeience with the subject matter.

If people here would like to jump on the cheap shot bandwagon and steriotype me because I wear a blue uniform, please, go ahead. Negative steriotypes like that are no different from anyother form of biggotry, be it baseed on sex, race, musical taste, clothing, or being straightedge whatever, it is all a form of discrimination based on ignorance and missinformation that leads someone to belive that because they have been wronged by someone, all others of that group must be assholes too.

The irony is that such cheep shots discorage diversity in the people that apply for my job and ensure that a very conservative sector of society in a very powerfull and influential situation is populated by persons who have little or no appreciation for the views and concerns of people on this forum.


like alot people i have experience with the police and the legal system. iv done my jury duty twice once in the high courts, along with contact through out my life I seriously doubt that the systems dont corrupt all. Most i believe are currupt from the start. you seem to agree "a very conservative sector of society" but to do your job you must be corrupt and not maintain laws that i (maybe you) disagree with. If you caught be selling acid to my friends would you arrest me? or do you only enforce the laws you agree with? what are they is weed ok?

as a member of the police force you are restricted to a particular view of the world you dont directly inhabit. i believe that good people join the police and have the desire to do good things. the iv had police be pretty sweet to me or imply they are (just chucking away weed when they find it, id rather they just didnt search me at all, "i could fine you $500 but im going to just give you this $200, etc.). the conclusion is though that they are the henchmen continuing a oppresive regime. you as a servent can live in bliss.

Rigel wrote:no, I disagree. I dont see it as being a knee jerk rebellion against christianity. My mother is a christian, I dont have a problem with that. I do not see it as a lazy, shallow or hedonistic either, perhaps you have been reading too much Anton LaVey. True satanic belief is about striving to better yourself. Always. This is best achieved by confronting what you do not understand, what you fear, what cannot be achieved and experiencing these things first hand.

satan is opposition-opposition leads to healthy debate and contest. either you can close your mind to the views of others, surround yourself with yes-men so you can preech to the converted and dwell blissfully in ignorance, or embrace diversity ,listen learn and use what you learn from this to round out your own views and better yourself.


fare enought you have considered your beliefs more than i gave you credit for. it would be better for a discussion where people are a bit less bias than continueing it here. i think.

anyways believe what you like but accept that people can and will critize it and in conclusion i dont like the police.

cheers ben.
"Attention duped masses"

-Lisa Simpson.

Ph!1
Posts: 23848
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:05 am

Postby Ph!1 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:41 am

i reckon the concept of a satanic policeman sounds cool, like a B movie or something.

but i happen to know a little about satanism and basically, just fuck up about it, its a very good thing and is nothing to do with christianity except as a direct action against it, its like saying anarchists are just as bad as police officers... :wink:

Rigel is pretty much right about it all, we'd be better off with more cops like him, im sure hes a prick half the time i know people who dont like him, but im pretty sure i know people who like him too so fuck,

J was right to tell us about his presence on here, as many of us oppose him in so many ways, but the truth is hes here for the music and bears no-one any ill will (i think/hope) ........so if u dont like t dont smoke dope at his shows or even better DONT FUCKIN SMASH BOTTLES ON THE GROUND (sorry pet hate) i dunno, but he cant be a cop at the shows unless he likes working for free....

User avatar
HTDS
Posts: 3556
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:15 pm
Location: a place no-one else is
Contact:

Postby HTDS » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:45 am

Just as well I dont smoke marijuana then eh!! :wink:

(Where does he come from? I cant be bothered reading lots of pages debating satanic police)

User avatar
Rigel
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Postby Rigel » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:17 pm

originally that was the main point of my post. iv already repeated it once, i said that "the description paints the picture of a moron." if that description (a satanic policeman) is your opinion of your self and it seems to be since you were offended when i criticised it. then i was offending you but if one of your beliefs really is individualism then why are you offended insted of just shruggin it off as a criticism of a generalisation?


I wasnt offended, I just enjoy provoking debate :D


like alot people i have experience with the police and the legal system. iv done my jury duty twice once in the high courts, along with contact through out my life I seriously doubt that the systems dont corrupt all. Most i believe are currupt from the start. you seem to agree "a very conservative sector of society" but to do your job you must be corrupt and not maintain laws that i (maybe you) disagree with. If you caught be selling acid to my friends would you arrest me? or do you only enforce the laws you agree with? what are they is weed ok?


Like few people, I have seen both sides of the coin.Its nothing to do with "Corruption". In the real world practice dosnt always match the principles you read in books. I have never seen or heard of any one taking a bribe or actively setting out to frame someone. No, I dont maintain and enforce every law in the book, but to enforce every law all of the time is silly and it isn't what my job is about. Its called discression, and its at the basis of doing my job properly and professionally. Unfortunately however its a skill that not everyone in my job knows how to put into practice effectively and maturely.

Cops are human and by the nature of that they make mistakes, and unfortunately because of the nature of the job they tend to also come at other peoples expense. I dont agree with the principle behind every law that Ive ever enforced or every thing that I see or hear my colleges doing. I've made mistakes, and that sometimes they've let other people down, but Im only human, and my job is not the easiest one in the world to do, specially in south Auckland. That donsn't sit easily with me, but if you can think of a better system thats practical enough to get it to work, then get into action and do something about it, because its never going to change by sitting here and complaining about how you dont like cops. I might not be making the biggest change to better the system, but at least Im doing my little bit.

as a member of the police force you are restricted to a particular view of the world you dont directly inhabit. i believe that good people join the police and have the desire to do good things. the iv had police be pretty sweet to me or imply they are (just chucking away weed when they find it, id rather they just didnt search me at all, "i could fine you $500 but im going to just give you this $200, etc.). the conclusion is though that they are the henchmen continuing a oppresive regime. you as a servent can live in bliss.


I am not restricted to any particular view about anything, especially about a world which I directly inhabit, and that I'd argue Ive exprecienced a wider cross section of than yourself. Doing what I want to do and not just towing the party line is certainly not bliss, in fact its quite disruptive and stressfull to the rest of my life.



anyways believe what you like but accept that people can and will critize it and in conclusion i dont like the police.


I'm all for healthy debate. I know 90% of people on this forum are gonna hate me regardless of what I say, simply because they dont like the job I do. Fine. Hopefully the 10% whos views on the world arn't so jaudiced as to judge people on what they say and do -not because they hate police and so all police must be assholes- will apprecite a different viewpoint than what youd usually hear on this forum
Even if someone goes through fire for their teaching, what does that prove? It means more to me that ones own teaching is the product of ones own fire- FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Ph!1
Posts: 23848
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:05 am

Postby Ph!1 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:33 pm

people are just people cops or otherwise....

Rigel might be a prick, have met nice cops tho, but never a younger male one -they are usually the worst.

i bet hes a prick :wink:


but seriously... dont judge without facts people... after what happened to me on the weekend id still give him a chance, why cant you?

if i could get away with murder those men of the city would be near the top, but they are individuals... (i wont respect anyone who says 'im just doing my job) ahhh... this kind of thing should happen in your own heads.. its like teaching a 15 yr old to tie his shoes -fuckn grow up.


Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests