Any young punk's out there?

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
skeeter murders

hmm

Postby skeeter murders » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:08 pm

LukeHPM wrote:
i liked punk ever since xmeatlessx convinced my mom to buy mxpx-life in general for our little church youth group.. teehehe... i still have that cd, i guess i should give it back someday

jesus dude, thats fukin disgusting.

dude! give me a freakin' break i was only like 10 years old at the time! :evil:

or have i completely missed the point here?

haha o well
Last edited by skeeter murders on Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny Morrissey
"elmo fag"

Postby Danny Morrissey » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:12 pm

when it comes down to it who gives a fuck how long you've been into punk, it dosnet matter and it also dosent make you really that special and im pretty sure no ones gonna be giving out medals anytime soon, its music and anyone can listen to it, i wouldnt give cred to any one who only listens to punk or wateva style music theres so many wicked types of music around that its just stupid to only listen to one.

btw this isnt supposed to diss anyone, what im saying is someone could have listened to punk for one day and be just as cool as someone whose listened for ten years, its stupid to judge peeps on their music taste unless its racist or homophobic bullshit

Deth_666
<reincarnated whore>

Postby Deth_666 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:17 pm

^ agreed bro. Who cares what you listen to and how long you've been listening to it and how many shows you've been to. In the end it doesn't matter, in 100 years it won't matter to nobody.

Enjoy the music, listen to as much as you can and accept/consider other ppl's opinions and views and don't just bag them for being a n00b.

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:53 pm

hi no use for a name. jst because no one goes to shows with u doesnt mean u cant go. last yr i went to all the shows alone, if i let that stop me i woulda missd out on one king down, shutdown, plain sunset etc. i discovered everythin on my own, ive always been a loner. so fukn what.

sophiee

na

Postby sophiee » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:53 pm

wats worse is when ther like 'yeah im into punk' and your like oh ok cool like what and they go 'you know like good charlotte and blink 182'. Well personally i dont think theyre very punk at all, and if they are id say extremly pop pop POP punk.
I've liked punk since i went to Punkas's B'day last year, when i was 14...ahh back in the day, now im 15 haha.

Peace
Sophie

NoTbLuE

Postby NoTbLuE » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:42 pm

There needs to be groups out there such as blink 182, good charlotte and green day that get quite a lot of airtime on crap radio stations like zm, cus im sure a lot of people get into punk through those pop punk groups.

I myself am an example...

i heard dammit by blink 182 and that was it, punk was not at all big at my school, so all i really got to hear was the stuff channel z played.

i heard sellout by reel big fish and that was it, ska was not at all big at my school, so all i really got to hear was the stuff channel z played.
mY nAmE iS aARon AnD I liKe TO CoOK ToaST

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:54 pm

the thing is bands on radio dont realy get ppl into punk. i never regarded green day, offspring etc as punk b4 i actualy got into punk. i didnt see them as any different. truth is a book got me into punk more than any music. it was the biography of jurt cobain, i was jst touched cuz i could relate to everythin. then i bought punk o rama 1 & it went from there on in

Bruticus

Postby Bruticus » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:45 am

NoTbLuE wrote:There needs to be groups out there such as blink 182, good charlotte and green day that get quite a lot of airtime on crap radio stations like zm, cus im sure a lot of people get into punk through those pop punk groups.

I agree, my first "punk" album was Green Day's Dookie whcih i got when I was 14 and that set the wheels in motion for me to get into better punk music. Ironically now I'm 22 I wouldn't listen to Green Day if someone paid me to. Well maybe, that would be a pretty sweet job
If I had a bag of chips I'd eat them

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:10 am

i'm ashamed to say it, but about 4 years ago i got into punk through bands like blink, nofx and the living end... i think it was the end of form two..... but yeah... it progressed heaps.. from those bands, to more fat wreck shit, then to other stuff.. then i talked to some anarcho punk on napster chat, and he called me a poser and said i should check out subhumans... i did, and i never looked back. the lyrics spoke to me... at the time i was real into Oi! too, heh... but yeah... then from anarcho punk to crust and grind, then to death metal.

martin
Shandy Queen

punk?

Postby martin » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:27 am

Oh crap - hang on so bands like Blink aren't punk???
Ahhhh man here I was telling people that I was punk rock and all I listen to is Blink 182 - damn.

Well I guess I will just have top become a dance club kid and try and gain more street cred so the ladies will want me.

RocK!

I still think dookies is a very influential album!

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:43 pm

*in the begining - form 2*
ok well once my mate from dunedin came up and played me brues (nofx). and then i forgot all about punk the band and the song.

*one year later*

i was at my mates house and he was all into punk coz his sister was and she was cool.
he always talked about some band called nofx and i was like pffft what ever. then 1 day his sister gave him i heard they suck live, i dug it, and then brues came on and i was like wait a second.....

*around aprill 11th 2000*

well since that day i liked nofx but still wasnt really into punk, and then i heard that nofx was coming to town and i went all crazy.

so i went to the concert and fuck it rewled and every one was so cool and just like what i wanted to be.

so from that day i wanted to be punk rock.

hahahahaha

And then last year at punkfest I was like oh my god how amasingly cool would it be to play there!! oh my lord.

haha and a year later I am.

I gotta thank punkas for that one otherwise i wouldnt know you suckers.

hmmmmm i like alot of tother bands than nofx now. and well nofx dont really 'do it' for me like they used to - but they will always be the band that got me into punk - that gotta be something.

ps. im 18 now

pps. this post may seem slightly formilia as the magority is recycled from a post i did last year.

_removed1

Postby _removed1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:20 pm

sometimes, i like your mentality gwilym 8)

James D

well

Postby James D » Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:57 pm

im 16. im young and out there. im not a punk, but yeah.

you'll find that after a while it doesnt matter whether you meet people that are into punk rock or not. at first you kinda think that automatically because someone likes punk rock, they'll be a relatively good person and you'll get on with them. this isnt the case though. i found that in the end the kinda people i wanted to meet and associate with are people that you find interesting and good. the same thing will probably happen to you man, its not about the taste, its about the person. wicked.

man, gwilyms crazyness is good allllllll the time.

fuzz

Postby fuzz » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:57 pm

james! i love you! i beg to differ. you are punker than poo

haylee

my ageeeee

Postby haylee » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:40 am

the date of my birth was march 8th 1988. thus making me dun dun dun four teeeen
pffffft

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:29 pm

i disagreed with something someone said...
i forget who and what..
oh well it dont matter anyway...

oh and i think i already said i got into punk from prodigy and then rancid..id just like 2 mention that i still like prodigy but i dont really like that 'punk' dude in thier band, music 4 teh jilted generation is sooo cool,

oh now i remebered i disagreed with sux0r(ithink) and deth(ithink) not that the length of time uve been into punk(or anything) makes u cool. but that punk can make anyone cool, thats the point of punk, its not cool, it 4 ppl who dont care about popularity 4 one reason or another.
punk makes u uncool tand thats whats so cool about it.
thats why blink, good charlot, living end, avril and co. cant ever be punk they spend 2 much time preening and posing and trying 2 look cool
it works mostly(ppl buy their albums) except 4 those real wussy looking guys in avril's complicated video, man that dude in the wierd looking union jack top, whatta gaybo, thats the stupidest cliche ever ecept 4 maybe a big saftey pin which used 2 hold ur nappy up when u were a baby.

god i ramble from one subject 2 another its a wonder anyone reads my posts.

rendang

Postby rendang » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:53 pm

i was exposed to punk when i was 9, my bro got a cd wif MxPx, five iron and stuff on it. been drumming ever since, better punk drummer when i was 12 than i am now! was in 2 punk bands when i was about 11-12.......

James D

whazahoo

Postby James D » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:29 pm

fuzz, im only as punk as mark hamil. so take that for what you will.

hey gwilym, crippled sidekick is a little weird right now. im not sure whats going on with it. you probably heard glen quit, so right now we are need of new members. myles found a bassist, but we still need a guitarist. me and myles need to get our shit together and sort something out. if that happens, we'll definately play with ya sometime. i was meant to be coming down to welly for the would-be punkfest shows. i dunno if i still am, cuz i gotta make my own way down there.

anyway, im starting a street punk band with daniel from duffeysome on gat, and brent from the off-enders on bass. nothing is definate for a drummer yet, but hopefully that will go to plan. i figure i might ask myles if he wants something to do with it. maybe a merger? fuck, maybe not.

hopefully ill see you two mother fuckers + kathy and a few other atrocities such as harry and nick in a few weeks.

raving mad, leave all those bands your ripping shit out of alone. seriously. who are you to say that they are posers? i doubt you've met any members of any of those bands, so you can dislike their music and their image all you want, but it doesnt nessecarily make them posers. it makes you wasting your time.

fuzz

Postby fuzz » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:38 pm

woo hundreth post! i love you james i ohpe i get to see you asap! bye

deathchurch

Postby deathchurch » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:08 pm

I LOVE YOU JAMES.
Wooo! I Beat All You Bastards...Ha!

Brento

Re: whazahoo

Postby Brento » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:45 pm

James D wrote:fuzz, im only as punk as mark hamil. so take that for what you will.

hey gwilym, crippled sidekick is a little weird right now. im not sure whats going on with it. you probably heard glen quit, so right now we are need of new members. myles found a bassist, but we still need a guitarist. me and myles need to get our shit together and sort something out. if that happens, we'll definately play with ya sometime. i was meant to be coming down to welly for the would-be punkfest shows. i dunno if i still am, cuz i gotta make my own way down there.

anyway, im starting a street punk band with daniel from duffeysome on gat, and brent from the off-enders on bass. nothing is definate for a drummer yet, but hopefully that will go to plan. i figure i might ask myles if he wants something to do with it. maybe a merger? fuck, maybe not.

hopefully ill see you two mother fuckers + kathy and a few other atrocities such as harry and nick in a few weeks.

raving mad, leave all those bands your ripping shit out of alone. seriously. who are you to say that they are posers? i doubt you've met any members of any of those bands, so you can dislike their music and their image all you want, but it doesnt nessecarily make them posers. it makes you wasting your time.

aww.

cirE

Re: Any young punk's out there?

Postby cirE » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:49 pm

oh my god
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

chelloveck

Re: whazahoo

Postby chelloveck » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:50 pm

James D wrote:anyway, im starting a street punk band with daniel from duffeysome on gat, and brent from the off-enders on bass. nothing is definate for a drummer yet, but hopefully that will go to plan. i figure i might ask myles if he wants something to do with it. maybe a merger? fuck, maybe not.

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”