I ate a Bacon Cheseburger for dinner tonight

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
trash

Postby trash » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:09 pm

animals do not have a developed conciousness like humans?

some animals, perhaps, but not all

you are in denial bigtime baby

either that or just a complete fucking idiot

trash

Postby trash » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:05 pm

someone just told me who you are, i met you a while back, and now, i think you are a complete tosser

if you are such a cunt about vegetarianism/veganism, why did you live at necropolis?

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:43 pm

trash wrote:someone just told me who you are, i met you a while back, and now, i think you are a complete tosser

if you are such a cunt about vegetarianism/veganism, why did you live at necropolis?

I think your talking to me....maybe.

1. Im not a cunt about vegetarianism, if I was I wouldnt have as many vege/vegan friends as I do. If you want to talk about your life style be prepared for someone to offer an alternative view point. I havent been rude about anything really, but I also dont want to stop eating meat. Its like a straight edger expecting everyone to follow their choice of lifestyle.

2. Ive never lived at necropolis, once I passed out and slept in the kitchen and another time I slept on a couch after car yard chaos.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:01 pm

trash wrote:animals do not have a developed conciousness like humans?

some animals, perhaps, but not all

you are in denial bigtime baby

either that or just a complete fucking idiot

Im in denial about nothing, I'm perfectly happy with my lifestyle. I think you are the one that is in denial, argue how its cruel to eat another species all you like but dont try and argue they are on the same level as us in regards to brain development (at least the animals we traditionally eat).

Are you trying to say they have advanced communication systems like us? Or that they are able to process their surroundings to an advanced level like us? Is that why cows walk freely up the ramp towards the slaughter house? Or towards the rifle when you are going to shoot them? Is that why sheep are always running off cliffs and killing themselves? Great analysis of the environment there eh...Even primates who are probably some of the most developed animals on earth, disregarding humans, are no where near as developed as us. If they were they would be the ones living as we are in competition with us (and dont even think about arguing the fact that we are destroying the planet, making us the stupid ones).

Im not claiming they have no consciousness because they can clearly recognise people, feel pain and pleasure and even dream (just look at a sleeping dog twitching for that) but its nowhere near as advanced as us. I dont use this as an excuse to eat them, I would eat them anyway as Ive stated and quite frankly dont need an excuse to eat animals, animal products etc. You however seem to think that by disagreeing with you I am anti vegan and should be thought of as the enemy when really we are just having an intelligent discussion....or at least some of us. You on the other hand have said nothing intelligent in 5 pages and are quite frankly an embarrassment to the alternative view point of mine.

So if ive met you, who are you?

Aidan

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:36 am

FiveIronFan wrote:You however seem to think that by disagreeing with you I am anti vegan and should be thought of as the enemy when really we are just having an intelligent discussion....or at least some of us. You on the other hand have said nothing intelligent in 5 pages and are quite frankly an embarrassment to the alternative view point of mine.

Bro, that's the point i've been trying to re-iterate about 5 times already. Cheers for that :)
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

The Cancer

Postby The Cancer » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:38 pm

At the end of the day the main point to remember is: MEAT TASTES FUCKING EXCELLENT. Whether you eat true meat or in-denial vegan meat, makes no difference. Y'all have a bloodlust, and if your satisfaction of that bloodlust is brought about genuinely or synthetically makes no difference.
http://www.facebook.com/rwentertainment

"Listen Lois, I know you're a feminist and I think that's adorable, but this is grown-up time and I'm the man". - Peter Griffin

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:49 pm

Can I post something about wishing to try taboo human meat?
Anyone willing to donate a fresh limb for Mel's culinary curiosity?
Although unfortunately it would be nicer to eat a vegetarian than a meat eater cos who wants to eat something that tastes like last nights mince pie when you can have someone who tastes sweeeeet like fruit.
uhh, sorry...

hey! I got distracted by this:
few 'genuine posters' use their real names

I did before ... NO FUN Mel ... Mel is my real name.
http://aotearoa666.com/

Keg Love

Postby Keg Love » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:39 pm

Christ, I never would've thought one of my shitty posts would make 5 pages. Anyhow, I ate a fake Riblet for dinner tonight. It was better than the meat Riblet you'd get at your McDonald's style eatery. Not to say that their "riblets" aren't fake............
life is your worst enemy

trash

new NZ vegan website

Postby trash » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:14 pm

http://www.veganz.pl.net/

this website is full of positive and interesting information for the vegans/vegetarians out there

and it isn't full of stupid meat eaters making lame excuses for eating meat because they are too fucking pathetic to give it up

animals having no conciousness is the lamest of all the pro meat arguments i've ever heard.

................................................................................................

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:11 pm

FiveIronFan wrote:You however seem to think that by disagreeing with you I am anti vegan and should be thought of as the enemy when really we are just having an intelligent discussion....or at least some of us. You on the other hand have said nothing intelligent in 5 pages and are quite frankly an embarrassment to the alternative view point of mine.

Aidan

I agree bro.

Trash, people who dont agree with you arent 'pathetic'. They simply dont agree with you.

My friends and bandmembers who drink arent 'fucking pathetic' they are my friends and they can do whatever the hell they want.

Grow up. If you REALLY want someone to change their ways, insulting them isnt going to do it.

Hey, turn sXe you fucking whore!

now see how effective that is? :roll:

Think before you talk in the future ok.

Ace McWicked

Postby Ace McWicked » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:41 pm

I'm actually with Trash on this though eh, once she pointed out that my meat eating was simply me making 'lame excuses' i took a long hard look at my life and decided that a lot of my personal stances were me 'attempting to make lame excuses' and hiding from the truth. I did an about face.
No I am a facist, blonde, black female with good personal hygeine.
I am also vegan.

trash

Postby trash » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:08 pm

i have taken a long hard look at my time wasting on "punk as"

ahaha

trixie

Postby trixie » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:59 am

ha.....ha
viva forever!

The Cancer

Postby The Cancer » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:57 pm

once she pointed out that my meat eating was simply me making 'lame excuses'

You can't honestly say this is universally applicable - that all meat eaters are basically weak and are full of "lame excuses" as to why they keep eating it. That would only work if every meat eater had a conscience about eating meat and had some sort of desire (however small) to give it up.

There's a BIG difference between being anti-vegan and simply rejecting the vegan lifestyle.

And now to go eat some meat.

"Listen Lois, I know you're a feminist and I think that's adorable, but this is grown-up time and I'm the man". - Peter Griffin

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:18 pm

The Cancer wrote:
once she pointed out that my meat eating was simply me making 'lame excuses'

You can't honestly say this is universally applicable - that all meat eaters are basically weak and are full of "lame excuses" as to why they keep eating it. That would only work if every meat eater had a conscience about eating meat and had some sort of desire (however small) to give it up.

There's a BIG difference between being anti-vegan and simply rejecting the vegan lifestyle.

And now to go eat some meat.

Exactly. I have given you some reasons why humans can eat meat and feel quite entitled to do so, but quite frankly I dont even care. I eat meat because I like it, the same as I listen to music because I enjoy the sound of it. If rabbits had to die so I could listen to ska I would continue to do so, because I dont care whether they live or die....their just rabbits, or sheep, or cows.

Its not about excuses...if anything its about apathy. If you dont want to be apathetic then thats your business, but im looking out for me and I enjoy eating meat, so I will. You trash are a moron who cant even make a point why we should stop eating meat. So why should we? Huh? Try and tell us that without using the ideal "so that animals wont have to die", and im also well aware that we die or blah blah heart disease because of it.

Aidan

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:31 pm

This is a vegetarian and vegan discussion forum, but there always seems to be a "holier than thou" approach taken by one school of thinking towards the other.

Eating meat is eating meat, as Gareth said. And to me it seems wrong to forgoe eating meat (for very valid reasons) then praise and consume products which emulate that which you have just chosen to eliminate from your life.

I mean, tofu is tofu and beans are beans - why make them into bacon? It would be like having soy milk packaged in the shape of an udder.

Now Trash, i'm going to go check out http://www.veganz.pl.net/ because im always interested in new things to eat, or new dishes to try out.

Oh yeah, And sometimes I eat meat. What's it to you?

The Cancer

Postby The Cancer » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:40 pm

And to me it seems wrong to forgoe eating meat (for very valid reasons) then praise and consume products which emulate that which you have just chosen to eliminate from your life.

Wrong? Debatable. Retarded? Most certainly.

phaedrus

Postby phaedrus » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:21 am

The'Ost Fucking Hates You wrote:And to me it seems wrong to forgoe eating meat (for very valid reasons) then praise and consume products which emulate that which you have just chosen to eliminate from your life.

I have chosen to eliminate the life of hell forced upon the animals which are then slaughtered for our consumption... I don't have problems with them looking slightly redish with a white stripe along the top when they are cut up... admittedly the thought of eating vege bacon is somewhat offputting to me, but sausages and patties cause me no problems... It is the process of farming and slaughter that is my issue, not what my food looks like - it's just like branding foods to me... they are both bacon brand, it just now comes in vege or meat versions - yay for product diversification...

trash

Postby trash » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:50 pm

indeed

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:19 am

Theres an example of someone with something intelligent to say who doesnt seem to be judgemental of others choices, but at the same time is quite willing to share his choice with others.

Aidan

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:48 am

Exactly, Phaedrus' responses to this topic have been well-reasoned and entirely non-judgemental.

Stuff Simon :)

The Cancer

Postby The Cancer » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:52 pm

And I bummed a ciggy off him outside the Valve; hell of a bloke that he is for giving it to me!

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:09 pm

Fuck yes.

Phaedrus is the shit!
He likes blast beats!

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:38 pm

Iri-Wahine Toto wrote:Fuck yes.

Phaedrus is the shit!
He likes blast beats!

And lets not forget Streetlight Manifesto!!!! and Catch 22!!!

Aidan

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:08 pm

FiveIronFan wrote:
Iri-Wahine Toto wrote:Fuck yes.

Phaedrus is the shit!
He likes blast beats!

And lets not forget Streetlight Manifesto!!!! and Catch 22!!!

Aidan

You would be best advised Aidan as the one who was told to

"SHUT THE FUCK UP WHITE BOY I LENT YOU SCRUFFS CULTURE SHOCK TAPE ??"

uuuum, when does that start working on middle class white boy......"

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:48 pm

Thomas Kalnoky will conqure all.

I might listen to that tape now....once in a blue moon third wave ska gets boring ;)

Aidan

FattyHPM

Postby FattyHPM » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:09 am

what a fat cunt
check out http://www.myspace.com/shitripper for a good time

Rob Anybody

Re: I ate a Bacon Cheseburger for dinner tonight

Postby Rob Anybody » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 pm

how the fuck did i end up in this thread?
snuff wrote:I hate the whole 'atheist' tag eh, It's not like we have a special name for people who don't believe in Santa, they're just adults.

Huey wrote:Trust me, I am ahead of the curve, you just don't realize it.

"I'm not sure about this one ... I think it's about coming of age, I cant remember much about because when it happened to me it was a long time ago. You could buy a packet of fags, a pint of beer and a three piece suit for half a crown and still have enough left to go and see Rudolf Valentino at the Gaumont! I can't afford to go to the pictures these days but I hear they talk in them now."

Dennis from Accounts

Re: I ate a Bacon Cheseburger for dinner tonight

Postby Dennis from Accounts » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 pm

dunno did u eat a bakin cheseburger for dinner tonight? ha ha kiddinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng~!
Forums Member of the Year (28.3%)

I've seen the future brother, it is murder.

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”