OneMustFall/HungJury/StillWaiting/IfIHadAGun/Marmoots of...

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
ryan

Postby ryan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:35 am

I just wanted to add, before this thread dies, that Adam and Fuzz screaming at the crowd to calm down did not help the situation. If you want people to calm down, screaming at them through a microphone is hardly going to help.

Oh, and if you sXers want to make friends with the locals, it's not a good idea to call them 'fat fucking dykes'. Fucking homophobes. We're a bit more open minded down here.

fuzz

Postby fuzz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:08 am

i'd tried talking to people calmly, getting yelled at to my face, i'd tried physically holind people back, stoppppping them from throwing punches, i started screaming. i'l lremember that next tinme i should just stand back and watch the action. woo woo oioooi fight fight.

haha perople got just as nailed during still waitings set, and that was before all the other shit even happened :lol: mosh pits are violent places. if ya don't like it, don't come in.

let's let this thread die and change subjects to next weeks show at thistle! woo i can't wait :D

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:19 am

alright im goin to have last word. although the fight was unnecessary, i know the people will agree that if there was no fight, the wellington folks would have been short changed. there were several of really nice guys in OMF but some of the groupie were nothing short of biggots.

there is nothing wrong with violent dancing. but there is somethin wrong when u knock someone on their feet and not lend a hand. that is fukin low. this goes for sxe or just violent fuks. u dont own the dancefloor. u say to others to stay out of your way, well the same can be said for you.

Dylan Knuckles

Postby Dylan Knuckles » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:49 pm

I'm not gonna get into this argument but just one thing for eithel to think about. maby you shoulkd Learn how to organize and control a show before you ask people to travel 8 hours to it

tali

the show they will call 'that show'

Postby tali » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:43 pm

hey dudes,
i thought my two cents woldnt go a-miss right here. i was at this particular show and didn't particularly enjoy myself. some bands played, some sober people were being idiots, some drunk people were being idiots. thats it plain and simple. and after all everybody , it was just ONE show and shouldnt be held as representational of all all-ages shows in wellington. most of the time i really enjoy wellington all-ages shows , this just was an occasion i didn't. lets not get too wound-up and excited over it.
from tali

slaughter
C.U.N.T.

Postby slaughter » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:33 pm

my plan.......

lock all you welly kids in a room, put promise, the priest, red shift and forced to submit on the bill.

see how you like that.........

too much whinning. the amount of times i have been hit in the face by numerous people at shows, and im sure ive hit my fair share of people too. any violence?? no.

mr penk was once knocked out with a borken nose if i remember rightly.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dclxvi wrote:i recently bought myself a bottle of canadian club, now i have a hole in a door to fix, and a broken lock to replace

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:32 pm

I guess the Marmoots are pretty responsible for the mocking of the straight edgers, but this wasn't because we hate straight edgers or are intolerant. We just heard rumours they were gonna beat up all the drunk kids after the show and we figured we may as well have a reason to get beaten up... you may be good guys but i just saw you all standing in the corner giving me/my band mates/my sister evils all night...so wot, we like to drink? who cares. we suck too much for it to actually matter. I left before the fights broke out.
Sorry to the guy i mocked about wearing leather shoes...it just goes up there with the whole Earth Crisis/Nike thing...anyway, i was just rambling and drunk, i wasn't trying to be smart...
Manuel has raped Crate Edge to the core- it's meant to be a fucking JOKE! i don't care if people are straight edge, but it's so serious, crate edge isn't meant to be...
Fuzz and Harry are rad and i'd never be seriously stink to them about their beliefs- maybe the attitudes of the out of town kids was reflected in their behaviour? i was intimidated as soon as i walkd into the show and there were only 10 of them at the most! why didn't you talk to some people? try and be friendly? i'm sorry, but nobody wants to be intimidated on their own turf...
and about the dancing- who cares? you KNOW they're gonna dance like that/...i don't neccessarily agree with it, but i just push them out of the way...at HWM in Auckland (which was pretty pussy, really) there were guys trying to push me out of the way, etc...push back...it's pretty simple...if you're wanting to dance and you're gonna dance violent ANYWAY, who cares if they do fly kicks?

anyway, sorry for talking shit, just my two cents...yay for punk rock gangs!
the gig was pretty shit, stink bout hung jury, sorry to fuzz and ethel, thanks for letting the marmoots grace the stage...
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

The Ost
mutton chops

fuck why can't i type properly the first time round?

Postby The Ost » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:35 pm

DanBonus wrote: people are straight edge, but it's so serious,

No-one told Gorilla Biscuits that. :wink:
Last edited by The Ost on Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

ryan

Postby ryan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:45 pm

I got there just before Hung Jury played and I thought 2 things were weird and contributing to the weird atmosphere: the guys in hoodies lining the walls staring at everyone, and the fact that the lights were on. (?) I've never been to a show at Thistle Hall while the lights were on. These factors combined kind of made you feel like you were being watched x 2. Not a very relaxing atmosphere.

Future Shock

I'm Lazy!

Postby Future Shock » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:52 pm

I couldn't be fucked reading the this whole thing wot a bunch of ass

My band will kill you with - MONKEY!!!

Fuckoff
Luv
Bl@ir

>>>>>>&

Postby >>>>>>& » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:11 pm

blairs right, fuckoff
i am of the mind and the opinion that if something doesn't accept you,
you do everything in your power to fucking destroy it.
i don't care if it's the world, society, your family or a fucking high school
keg party.
you do everything you can to hit back...and strike back.
let go of some of that fucking hatred
i wanna poison this world the way it fuckin poisoned me.
i'm gonna to everthing, EVERYTHING in my power to corrupt, to twist, to
destroy, to rip apart, to poison.
i'm gonna spit my last breath in all your faces.
you're gonna hear me laughin at the end.

less than zero

Postby less than zero » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:12 pm

man!! 8O if some of you wellingtonians arnt familar with HC dancing come to hamilton and get a face full of it

im sure they will kindly show you the way to the pit edge :P

:evil: come on show them your shit :twisted:

*peaceout*
Sasquatch wrote:HAHA IT WAS A JOKE ALL ALONG BRO TAKE IT EASY I'M JUST HAVING A LAUGH THE WHOLE TIME YOUS BITCHS NEED TO LIGHTEN UP DFY GFY UP IN THIS MOTHER FUCKER

sweet cuz

Postby sweet cuz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:50 pm

peewee herman was arrested for molestering small children

Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com

Postby Martli » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:56 pm

actually it was for jacking off in a XXX movie theatre, i saw the E! true hollywood story.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

bicycle communique

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:28 pm

martli's right, you know...
There's a bluebird in my heart

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:53 pm

I dont think anyone is telling the truth. I wish there was an impartial fly on the wall who could...oh well.

Seems that the hams guys were maybe a bit bigotted (maybe not all of them) and the crusties were just drunk and angry towards them (for maybe a reason, maybe no reason).

Overall you were all idiots and shouldnt be idiots again. Violence rarely solves anything and all you have done is create more tension and make people not want to have anything to do with the wellies AA scene. Maybe you guys can have a few more shows and redeem yourself, I surely hope so. Ive never seen a fight anywhere else ever and know lots of really nice pleasent crusties and straight edge kids. So stop being jackasses and just settle grettle.

Thats all.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

&

Postby & » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:57 pm

make people not want to have anything to do with the wellies AA scene

I thought only one of the people fighting was under 18. :?

Dirty Dancin' Dave

Postby Dirty Dancin' Dave » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:46 pm

I can only speak for myself...but I know I made a genuine effort to say hi to people and chat and stuff...because I knew we were the new kids on the block, so to speak...

But really......hooded dudes on the side of the hall.....watching you...?????

Take some paranoia pills, and chill the hell out bro....

Oh, and if you sXers want to make friends with the locals, it's not a good idea to call them 'fat fucking dykes'. Fucking homophobes. We're a bit more open minded down here.

...seems like we all said some stupid stuff in the heat of the argument....telling people you are gonna come up to their hometown with bottles and guns sure as hell does nothing to make friends either.

As for letting the argument die.......maybe it's a good idea, but I'm back after a long absence and I wouldn't mind if this went on until the next time One Must Fall heads down to Wellington. I rode in a car for 8 hours to play at a show that could have been decent if certain "open minded" punks had been a little more "open minded".......shoot, just coz someone doesn't look like you, and doesn't come up and hug you, doesn't mean they're gonna bash you at the end of the night. But when four of you go in and gang up on one kid, because you were supposedly sticking up for a girl who had no desire of continuing what had happened............well I guess you're lucky you got away with a slight face working.

To sum it up...I'd be happy to quit making a fuss and at least start thinking about heading back to wellington if these stupid crustie crusaders admitted that they were dickheads...at least on saturday night...

fuzz

Postby fuzz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:47 pm

ok, so i'm really bored with this thread, let's let it die. the show is over and gone, things happened that sucked, things happened that ruled. everyone get along in future please. stop the petty bigotry and grow up.
we could go on for years debating this. we know that what happened was not on, it doesn't matter who started it or who finished it, it happened end of story. blah blah blah blah fuck blah.

die.

skeeter murders

Postby skeeter murders » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:54 pm

fuzz wrote:die.

ka pai. :P

deathchurch

Postby deathchurch » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:02 am

this thread is too long and pointless, as most are.

i thinkw e should all stop whinging.

Please just let this thread die now.

this thread is terrible its all an argument

Anyway i wont comment anymore.

its in the past so lets just sttop this bullshit thread

can everyone plz fuckin shut up now about everything

it looks like this arguement is over

i now pronounce this case: CLOSED

let's let this thread die

alright im goin to have last word

I couldn't be fucked reading the this whole thing wot a bunch of ass

Thats all.

ok, so i'm really bored with this thread, let's let it die

die.

phaedrus

Postby phaedrus » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:37 am

squeaky wrote:We're a bit more open minded down here.

Open minded is certainly not something I would call the Wellingtonians who would have been involved in this shite... I have been to many shows in Hamilton, and never seen a fight between sxe and non-sxe... in fact I don't even remember there being any friction, I have however seen drunk kids windmilling with the best of them, punks in foot high mohawks joining in a circle pit with the baskteball hardcore crew... and in Wellington I have seen the same drunken morons doing the same stupid things everytime I see them.

>>>>>>&

Postby >>>>>>& » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:44 am

i think all the egomaniacs and up themselves posers should be locked in a room before the show.
il have the last word

ahahahhahahahahaha yeh right
i am of the mind and the opinion that if something doesn't accept you,
you do everything in your power to fucking destroy it.
i don't care if it's the world, society, your family or a fucking high school
keg party.
you do everything you can to hit back...and strike back.
let go of some of that fucking hatred
i wanna poison this world the way it fuckin poisoned me.
i'm gonna to everthing, EVERYTHING in my power to corrupt, to twist, to
destroy, to rip apart, to poison.
i'm gonna spit my last breath in all your faces.
you're gonna hear me laughin at the end.

ryan

Re: ...

Postby ryan » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:55 am

xDavidx wrote:

...seems like we all said some stupid stuff in the heat of the argument....

Oh, I love that response. If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard it I'd be rich... never mind 'sorry for insulting you'. Neither me or my girlfriend said anything to you in the 'heat of the argument'. The 'heat of the argument' was your abuse to us.

cowboy

Postby cowboy » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:04 am

Blink 182 are the best band ever
up there with rancid, throwdown, and the Big Macs,

"all the small things, true care truth brings..."
posting as 'clancy'...

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:54 pm

she left me roses by the stairs.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:17 pm

say it ain't so, I will not go
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

skeeter murders

Postby skeeter murders » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:51 pm

turn the lights off, carry me home

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:11 pm

i'm pretty sure the people who were intimidated by you are a different bunch from those who fought you...
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

Toots

Postby Toots » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:50 pm

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
Please! Tell me about those fucking golf shoes!

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”