Epiphones....

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
deathchurch

Epiphones....

Postby deathchurch » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:26 pm

Anyone Else Here Had Problems With Epiphones?

BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:30 pm

problems?
like what?
we here at gear wank like specifics
cos were one ciggarette away from being done
one ciggarette away
sure has been fun

deathchurch

Postby deathchurch » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:49 pm

I've had my les paul standard for a while now and since I first got it the treble pickup has completely fallen out can't be screwed back in, the sides of the fingerboards are getting fucked and it chips easier then anything ive ever come accross. Anyway I love my guitar.....just seems sad.....it plays so nice!

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

asdfads

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:20 pm

I got a lil epiphone les paul special and after getting the truss rod, action and electronics sorted out it plays brilliantly (that red thing I played at Hamtown when I was in Fallout) I've only got one chip in it, which is remarkable as the shit its made out of looks like toffee apple, hahah.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to getting this LTD M-100, but the epiphone will still be a damn good 'backup' drop-C guitar.

BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:10 am

hmmmmm
depending on the money you have at your disposal, it could be a blessing in disguise, cos for around $200 you can get a decent gibson pick up which will improve the sound no end.
the chipping sounds like a transportation and care issue, have you got a hard case or a soft bag thingee.
hmmm maybe

i ran across someone who bought an epiphone les paul but stripped all the hardware off and replaced it with the proper gibson stuff, including pickups and has had no problems at all.
cos were one ciggarette away from being done

one ciggarette away

sure has been fun

Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com

Postby Martli » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:38 pm

i had a problem with my epiphone SG. The three way selector switch was fucked up it didn't work properly. I took it to the guy at the shop i brought it from and he sprayed some CRC type stuff on it and i haven't had the same problem again.

But my g-string (hehehehe) sounds really weird it makes this weird noise when i pluck it. I think it might be some lose bits on it.

But apart from that my eiphones fine.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

Soulreaper

Postby Soulreaper » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:11 pm

i have a j&d les paul copy and its great but they do chip WAY to easy, like someone said, its like toffee apple it makes me sad when it gets chipped, the input on my guitar has been fucked for a few weeks now(i REALLY wanna play my guitar), infact im gonna go fix it! RIGHT NOW!
bubye!

slaughter
C.U.N.T.

heres a thought

Postby slaughter » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:50 pm

be a bit more carefull?? huh, did you think about that?
I thrash my basses around, no chips or dents at all. My dano has one from when ken jumped over his drums and the crash came tumbling down into my bass. maybe its just a strong bass? i jumped onto a stage while i was playing once, slipped and fell and pretty much landed on my bass. its still good as the day i bought it. oh well, lucky for me i guess.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dclxvi wrote:i recently bought myself a bottle of canadian club, now i have a hole in a door to fix, and a broken lock to replace

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:03 pm

epiphones? UGH!
Ok.... epiphones blow.. that's why you're having problems. i dont know how many of you already know, but the rockshop are now stocking Tokai guitars, these guitars fucking rule! a les paul custom copy (alc model (korean made)) is about $1,200 and it fucking RULES! the jap version is just on $2k and rules even more. these are seriously solid, well made guitars and worthy of your attention.,.. so if any yall are looking to buy a cheaper alternative to a gibson (which is a good idea, considering the prices of new gibsons these days) check out some Tokai guitars... www.tokaiguitars.com.au or tokairegistry.com has some info on them.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:05 pm

speaking of guitar damage... my bc rich (usa made ironbird) has been through fucking WAR and emerged victorious on every occasion. it has some belt buckle wear on the back and a chip on one of the spikes, that's amazing considering what that guitar's been through. totally fucking solid!
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

The Rabble Van

Re: ..

Postby The Rabble Van » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:14 am

Soulreaper wrote:i have a j&d les paul copy and its great but they do chip WAY to easy, like someone said, its like toffee apple it makes me sad when it gets chipped, the input on my guitar has been fucked for a few weeks now(i REALLY wanna play my guitar), infact im gonna go fix it! RIGHT NOW!
bubye!

you never fixed it

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”