sick of right-wingers in Aussie hardcore scene

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
willy_punka

sick of right-wingers in Aussie hardcore scene

Postby willy_punka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:11 pm

Hey kiwis and others,

There are a number of 'hardcore' bands in Australia of the Agnostic Front/Sick Of It All style that have a majority RIGHT wing audience.There was a fight two weeks ago in Newtown(Sydney) after a show between right wingers and anarchists.The right wingers that have been in the Sydney/Melbourne scene arent 'skins' per se and wear the typical NY hardcore uniform(baggies,celtic pride/italian pride/croatian pride tatts,lots of jewellry,wannabe gangster) and theyve been predominant in the scene for years and have made crusties feel unwelcome through mockery and intimidation.

They claim to be 'apolitical' but start shit with anyone who wears anarchist or left wing symbols at shows.Over the years theyve frequented bands such as Mindsnare,Toe To Toe and other macho hardcore stuff like that.When MADBALL came out the place was FULL of them,and remember that one of the old members of Madball got arrested for shooting a black guy in LA for calling him a 'white boy',so that could be considered a racist crime yet punks still follow Madball.The bands themselves even seem to hang out with these wankers so i dont know what the hell to make of it.Theyre not the stormfront,national front types but they are TOTAL PRICKS and anti-left anti-anarchist.

My feeling is all of this macho 'celtic/italian/NY etc pride' shit in the hardcore scene is no different to the 'white pride' the NF engage in.

I know they have this problem in New York too with 'fence sitters',and i blame macho bands like Agnostic Front and Madball,does anyone have similar experiences in the NZ scene?

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:15 pm

we just call them 'hardcore kids'
but we all make nice most of the time.

in short no, theres not much of that sorta shit happening here, theres a few fuck-knuckles but there seems to be something uniquely australian about your sitch

I Believe In Homicide

Postby I Believe In Homicide » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:15 pm

Agnostic Front are anti-racist.......
cirE wrote:one day, i'll be in people's signatures

and i'll be cool

bitches aint shit to me.
Location: Come on she is 17 and very pretty so of course she is going to be promiscuous.

Postby bitches aint shit to me. » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:30 pm

the first post makes absolutely no snse.
ps :roll:
FC wrote:
old wrote:letz see, this board, they attack Johnny Ramone becasue? he likes old skooll punk rock, is young?

No, its because hes a moron and says stupid things.

Aidan

Future Shock

grammar

Postby Future Shock » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:55 pm

is it the grammar

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:20 pm

willy_punka wrote:I know they have this problem in New York too with 'fence sitters',and i blame macho bands like Agnostic Front and Madball,does anyone have similar experiences in the NZ scene?

As Wax said,
and the Neo-nazis that do show up at shows are 'known', incognito or in such small numbers that their effect is negligible. Very rarely do we see fights at the gigs we have, tho I have had fisty-cuffs with WPSkins (read; affiliates, I doubt if they know fuck all history or politics apart from doing 'Heil' or calling people 'jews'...) at gigs in our city.

Heh, a lot of the Celtic Pride seem to hang with the NF themed groups....:roll:, but then again a lot just hang with anyone they want. Don't see any Croatian Pride/Italian Pride here.

I've had a minor run in or two with 'members' of the HC scene here but nothing really noteworthy. Our version of HC is 'old school'...:chuckle: So I've never heard any Madball. SOIA don't like our town (after an incident years ago....) cos we have fun with drugs, alcohol and throw beer on each other... :wink:

Is there more HC or Anarcho types at most shows there? Course depending on the bands and such... I got a mate that works in a bar over there in Sydney that has gigs.
"Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est"

http://tnppodcast.libsyn.com/

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:26 pm

VietCongDeathSquad wrote:Heh, a lot of the Celtic Pride seem to hang with the NF themed groups....:roll:.

except for me, if its coming down to race war(pfft :roll: ) why the fuck would the celts want to join the anglos...

christsake, they are still at war in Ulster.

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:14 pm

Yeah, I know! and why would they want to hang round with neo-nazis!

hehehe...it was funny that time at my last place with the Irish/English/Scottish discussion..while myself (Viking Pride...hoooyah!) lurked off to giggle with the others over at the barby....

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:34 pm

Theyre not the stormfront,national front types but they are TOTAL PRICKS and anti-left anti-anarchist.

taking into account that you are obviously anti-right, and from your story, have fought with these guys, your are not a complete hypocrite why?
step up to get yo' rep up

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:50 pm

VietCongDeathSquad wrote:hehehe...it was funny that time at my last place with the Irish/English/Scottish discussion..while myself (Viking Pride...hoooyah!) lurked off to giggle with the others over at the barby....

i dont ahve a particularly clear memory, but i think duncan and frosty had already started the english/scottish debate, aha, and then duncan said his last name was cambell....................WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :lol:

Aussie Patriot

Postby Aussie Patriot » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:58 pm

the conservative right is on the rise again, not just down under but WORLDWIDE.

I would presume that this has alot to do with the Jewish control of America and this bullshit war against any country that Israel considers a threat. If you don't beleive me, keep your comments to yourself and wait a couple of years when the "coalition of the willing" is duped into attacking/invading Iran, Syria and/or Saudi Arabia. We have already been drawn into a war with Islam and vice versa. We are at war on three different fronts when it really comes down to it.

The aggression courtesy of America and it's allies is barely more than a plunder for wall street to gain control of the oil deposits and at the same time eliminate or at the very least destabilize the age old enemy of the Jews - the Arab.

Ofcourse us white gentiles are the perfect pawns to be used in Israels war-by-proxy as we are the "Goyim" that rightfully should put our lives on the line for the chosen ones or gods people (supposedly Jews, as the Torah and Babylonian Talmud professes).'

Those of the left who call themselves "Anarchists", "Communists", "Anti-Fascists", "Anti-Racists" and other affiliated people are unwittingly helping with this agenda as they are doing exactly what the people in control of this war and destruction want them to do. The destruction of nations and any sense of racial identity and heritage goes hand in hand with the creation of a NWO (New World Order). I do not just refer to any one race, I refer to each individual one.

LOOKING AHEAD TO 2100

Once the desecration of all individual races and cultures has been completed, what kind of world would we live in? Those of the left like to think of it as a utopian society but how really "enriched" will societies be with this mass mish mash of races and cultures?

What would be the use in travelling and seeing the beauty of the French riviera and the unique culture the French have to offer or going to the United Kingdom to see the heritage of the Celts and the Anglos?

Why bother going to the deep Jungles of Africa to see how the indigenous people of the supposed mother land live? Why go to Japan to try and immerse yourself in Japanese tradition and culture?

Everything would be the same, no matter where you go there would be a mix of every culture and race under the sun. Yes, the world would be "one world" but at what cost? I fail to see the benefits of this but am willing to hear sensible comments to the contrary.
GET A KANGAROO UP YA!

willy_punka

Postby willy_punka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:16 pm

VietCongDeathSquad wrote: As Wax said,
and the Neo-nazis that do show up at shows are 'known', incognito or in such small numbers that their effect is negligible. Very rarely do we see fights at the gigs we have, tho I have had fisty-cuffs with WPSkins (read; affiliates, I doubt if they know fuck all history or politics apart from doing 'Heil' or calling people 'jews'...) at gigs in our city.
Heh, a lot of the Celtic Pride seem to hang with the NF themed groups....:roll:, but then again a lot just hang with anyone they want. Don't see any Croatian Pride/Italian Pride here.

These guys arent neo-nazis but definitely right wing,they just seem to like the whole NYHC 'thug' image and the whole anti-left,anti-drug,anti-homosexual thing that goes with much of it.So to me,that suggests that,added with their euro/regional pride crap,they are not much better than nazis.Only difference is theyre not anti-semitic and replace the swastika with shamrocks or 'grbs'(croatian symbol).I guess NZ is more anglo so you dont get as much old Eurocentric shit.Theres a similar problem in Holland,where most skins are anti-nazi,but still openly anti-immigration and anti-gay.The shit just doesnt make sense and has no place in the scene IMO.

VietCongDeathSquad wrote:Is there more HC or Anarcho types at most shows there? Course depending on the bands and such... I got a mate that works in a bar over there in Sydney that has gigs.

More HC types probably.Usually the skater and straight edge kids are ok,its just the ones 25-35 who think theyre fucking in brooklyn that are the problem,they seem to avoid the more pop-punk and crustcore stuff but i like a bit of NYHC and it sux that they wreck it for everyone with violence.Theres a clique of about 30 of them that go to shows in their white singlets,tatts,baggy jeans and white shoes thinking theyre hardcore.They think being left wing or an anarchistic is 'teh ghey'.

willy_punka

Postby willy_punka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:24 pm

puppykicker wrote:
Theyre not the stormfront,national front types but they are TOTAL PRICKS and anti-left anti-anarchist.

taking into account that you are obviously anti-right, and from your story, have fought with these guys, your are not a complete hypocrite why?

Yes i am anti-right but i dont start trouble with these idiots,they look for it.Wear a che shirt and theyll stare you down.I dont need that intimidation at a PUNK show of all friggin places.

Am i wrong or did punk start as a left wing movement?Being 'apolitical' is a cop out or another way of saying 'fence walker'.
Last edited by willy_punka on Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willy_punka

Postby willy_punka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:32 pm

VietCongDeathSquad wrote:Yeah, I know! and why would they want to hang round with neo-nazis!

hehehe...it was funny that time at my last place with the Irish/English/Scottish discussion..while myself (Viking Pride...hoooyah!) lurked off to giggle with the others over at the barby....

Not saying the guys im talking about are nazis,but celts,croats and italians fought on Hitlers side in WW2.Might be something still lingering in the genes. 8O

willy_punka

Postby willy_punka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:51 pm

BTW there are no OPENLY Nazi or WP guys that go to punk shows at all that ive seen,just ultra conservative fence walkers.They Nazis tend to stick to black metal,goth shows and what not. :lol:

Death In June and Der Blutharsch played in Sydney last week for eg,place was probably full of swastikas and bald heads.Antifa shuts them down in the US but they play freely here and the singer even moved here.Goths in SS garb arent much of a threat in reality i spose. :lol:

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:08 pm

willy_punka wrote:Not saying the guys im talking about are nazis,but celts,croats and italians fought on Hitlers side in WW2.Might be something still lingering in the genes. 8O

orright fuck you and fuck off...
you wont get any support from me if you are gunna spout ignorant racist crap like that.

willy_punka

Postby willy_punka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:11 pm

VietCongDeathSquad wrote:I've had a minor run in or two with 'members' of the HC scene here but nothing really noteworthy. Our version of HC is 'old school'...:chuckle: So I've never heard any Madball. SOIA don't like our town (after an incident years ago....) cos we have fun with drugs, alcohol and throw beer on each other... :wink:

Last post on this topic i promise :lol: .

You hit the nail on the head with the SOIA thing,it's representative of so many New York bands with their anti-drug,anti-decadence,'lift weights you pussy' stance.When you add that to songs like 'Speak English Or Die' it indicates being right wing right?As much as i like NY and Boston hardcore from the 70s onwards,im questioning where it sits in the scheme of things.I dont know that at the end of the day,if its that much different to Skrewdriver in effect.

Future Shock

@!

Postby Future Shock » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:13 pm

Aborigines

Biff Bangle

Postby Biff Bangle » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:18 pm

willy_punka wrote:When you add that to songs like 'Speak English Or Die'

Are we talking about the same acronym? I always associated 'SEOD' with SOD

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:20 pm

Aussie Patriot wrote:the conservative right is on the rise again, not just down under but WORLDWIDE.

unfortunatly this appears to be true.

I would presume that this has alot to do with the Jewish control of America

yes you would youalways do.
Those of the left who call themselves "Anarchists", "Communists", "Anti-Fascists", "Anti-Racists" and other affiliated people are unwittingly helping with this agenda as they are doing exactly what the people in control of this war and destruction want them to do.

funny, cos thats what i reckon you guys are doing...

Once the desecration of all individual races and cultures has been completed, what kind of world would we live in? Those of the left like to think of it as a utopian society but how really "enriched" will societies be with this mass mish mash of races and cultures?

What would be the use in travelling and seeing the beauty of the French riviera and the unique culture the French have to offer or going to the United Kingdom to see the heritage of the Celts and the Anglos?

Why bother going to the deep Jungles of Africa to see how the indigenous people of the supposed mother land live? Why go to Japan to try and immerse yourself in Japanese tradition and culture?

Everything would be the same, no matter where you go there would be a mix of every culture and race under the sun. Yes, the world would be "one world" but at what cost? I fail to see the benefits of this but am willing to hear sensible comments to the contrary.

actually i agree with alot of this, i just think you are an absolute fool if you think
A) that you will achieve this.
B) that your allies want this
C) that this has any real basis in reality.

ive observed many times with you lot, that what you do and what you say you are doing is barely related.

Biff Bangle

Postby Biff Bangle » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:22 pm

Biff Bangle wrote:Are we talking about the same acronym? I always associated 'SEOD' with SOD

On a related note, check out Umlaut's "Speak Finnish or Die" off the Havoc Wreakers LP, if you haven't already :) Awesome album with some good opinions/politics. They hassle SOD in that song, then blatantly rip off one of their riffs for the next song \m/

Andy Justice

Postby Andy Justice » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:12 pm

The kids this willy is talkin about sound like hardcore kids and arnt racist i bet.....just because they are a politcal dosent make them right wing.....Maybe its your offensive smell they dont like.

I remember that afew years ago some out of town hc kids got attacked by local crusties. For being sxe and christian, such a crime :roll:

Oh yea and WAX might be right for once.........Piss OFF, I have celtic blood and I dont like you insinuating that Im a nazi for it.

nicholas hammond

Postby nicholas hammond » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:18 pm

JOEY RAMONE WAS A REBUPLICAN

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:27 pm

The ramones were a rock'n'roll band though.

To the original topic...

Sounds pretty much just like architypical hardcore kid to me... perhaps a bit more agressive than we have over here.

As soon as you start drawing lines in the sand over personal politics you stop being an anarchist and become a fascist, so wise up bud ;)

xfuck youx

Postby xfuck youx » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:42 pm

These guys arent neo-nazis but definitely right wing,they just seem to like the whole NYHC 'thug' image and the whole anti-left,anti-drug,anti-homosexual thing that goes with much of it.So to me,that suggests that,added with their euro/regional pride crap,they are not much better than nazis.Only difference is theyre not anti-semitic and replace the swastika with shamrocks or 'grbs'(croatian symbol).I guess NZ is more anglo so you dont get as much old Eurocentric shit.Theres a similar problem in Holland,where most skins are anti-nazi,but still openly anti-immigration and anti-gay.The shit just doesnt make sense and has no place in the scene IMO.

So... why are they right wing?

I had no idea that the "NYC THUG" 'thing' was anti-left.

Maybe it's just a crust vs. hxc kids thing, like that other guy said maybe its because you guys smell/drink. I'm not saying that they should do this or it is valid...
Fuck you brain, take another hit, I pray to God you OD on that shit.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:35 pm

hahahaha

:roll:

:ludayawn:

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Ricky wrote:As soon as you start drawing lines in the sand over personal politics you stop being an anarchist and become a fascist, so wise up bud

sounds like that hc crew has drawn the lines already. :wink:

You hit the nail on the head with the SOIA thing,it's representative of so many New York bands with their anti-drug,anti-decadence,'lift weights you pussy' stance.When you add that to songs like 'Speak English Or Die' it indicates being right wing right?As much as i like NY and Boston hardcore from the 70s onwards,im questioning where it sits in the scheme of things.I dont know that at the end of the day,if its that much different to Skrewdriver in effect.

SOD also do a song 'United Forces' too. :D but I guess it's more the individuals interpretation on how they should behave to certain genres/sub-cultures. So you have the HC crews being 'anti' the Anarchos cos they 'smell funny' :roll: (yes, thats a good reason to beat someone up eh.... :roll: ), drink and indulge in shit, when in their world we all should be clean. mean windmilling machines. I much prefer old school HC attitudes :D .
Is there anyone from the HC side of things in Sydney that posts on here? It would be good to hear what they have to say.

I don't like the Jebus xcorex but as long as they stay out of my way i'll stay out of theirs. Hell, If I wanna drink and yell 'Hail Satan' I'll fucking do it!
Goths in SS garb arent much of a threat in reality i spose.

Hahaha...only if you get caught drunk and alone in a graveyard at night I would guess!

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 pm

I dunno, all those Nazi-Goths listen to Manson and then shoot up highschools.

I heard it on the news.

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:03 pm

Yeah, what's up with that?!

Is gothcore so mind-dumblingly tedious they have to kill themselves and anyone around them? Maybe I should listen to that gothic comp cd I bought last year again.....

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:32 pm

someone should start a punkas.com.au for all these australians to post on

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”