sick of right-wingers in Aussie hardcore scene

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:42 pm

someone should start a punkas.com.au for all these australians to post on

nah we need more input from our Aussie mates to hook up networks and stuff!
"Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est"

http://tnppodcast.libsyn.com/

infamous_dudes

Re: sick of right-wingers in Aussie hardcore scene

Postby infamous_dudes » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 am

willy_punka wrote:Hey kiwis and others,

There are a number of 'hardcore' bands in Australia of the Agnostic Front/Sick Of It All style that have a majority RIGHT wing audience.There was a fight two weeks ago in Newtown(Sydney) after a show between right wingers and anarchists.The right wingers that have been in the Sydney/Melbourne scene arent 'skins' per se and wear the typical NY hardcore uniform(baggies,celtic pride/italian pride/croatian pride tatts,lots of jewellry,wannabe gangster) and theyve been predominant in the scene for years and have made crusties feel unwelcome through mockery and intimidation.

They claim to be 'apolitical' but start shit with anyone who wears anarchist or left wing symbols at shows.Over the years theyve frequented bands such as Mindsnare,Toe To Toe and other macho hardcore stuff like that.When MADBALL came out the place was FULL of them,and remember that one of the old members of Madball got arrested for shooting a black guy in LA for calling him a 'white boy',so that could be considered a racist crime yet punks still follow Madball.The bands themselves even seem to hang out with these wankers so i dont know what the hell to make of it.Theyre not the stormfront,national front types but they are TOTAL PRICKS and anti-left anti-anarchist.

My feeling is all of this macho 'celtic/italian/NY etc pride' shit in the hardcore scene is no different to the 'white pride' the NF engage in.

I know they have this problem in New York too with 'fence sitters',and i blame macho bands like Agnostic Front and Madball,does anyone have similar experiences in the NZ scene?

What an idiot, your dilussional - I know the dudes in Madball & Mindsnare (one of them is Sri Lankan), and some dudes in Toe to Toe... they may not be peace loving, hippy fruits but they're far from right wing, oh you also know there's only two "white boys" in Madball right?

And also get your facts straight about members of Madball shooting black people in LA... Did you hear that one of the internet or did you and your little buddies dream it after some trust excercises and fire poi dances? Cause it sounds like some chinese whispers to me...

Chump.

infamous_dudes

Postby infamous_dudes » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:28 am

willy_punka wrote:
VietCongDeathSquad wrote:I've had a minor run in or two with 'members' of the HC scene here but nothing really noteworthy. Our version of HC is 'old school'...:chuckle: So I've never heard any Madball. SOIA don't like our town (after an incident years ago....) cos we have fun with drugs, alcohol and throw beer on each other... :wink:

Last post on this topic i promise :lol: .

You hit the nail on the head with the SOIA thing,it's representative of so many New York bands with their anti-drug,anti-decadence,'lift weights you pussy' stance.When you add that to songs like 'Speak English Or Die' it indicates being right wing right?As much as i like NY and Boston hardcore from the 70s onwards,im questioning where it sits in the scheme of things.I dont know that at the end of the day,if its that much different to Skrewdriver in effect.

Again, your totally mis-informed. The singer of sick of it all is the skinniest dude I know... they're about as anti racist as it gets (Pete once smashed his guitar over the head of a dude in the front row for "hailing"), sick of it all aren't anti drugs (they're not straight edge - neither are the members).... and speak english or die was written by SOD - so what does that have to do with Sick of it All? ....oh wait, they're from the same city? True.... that must mean that SOIA are also down with Biggie's muderers, after all - that was in NY too?!?

Dude, seriously - before you go and spout shit, at least do your research... if you had met any of the people your talking shit on you'd be pretty embarassed. SOIA are some nof the most left wing, non tough guy dudes I've ever met.... have you seen their videos? Their lyrics? Or are just repeating what your 15 year old buddy heard from someone wearing a dog collar @ the record store, either way your coming off like an idiot.

Anarchy man!

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:43 am

PANZY wrote:Oh yea and WAX might be right for once.........

its amazing how often people use that exact phrase...

Bruticus

Postby Bruticus » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:50 pm

infamous_dudes wrote:and speak english or die was written by SOD - so what does that have to do with Sick of it All?

Haha, I was gonna say. And I pity the fool that takes SOD seriously, their live album was recorded in Japan, you they'd play Speak English or Die in complete serious to a crowd of Japanese? Let's not forget their song about milk, that shit really lends credibility to the bastion of right wing politics that is SOD
If I had a bag of chips I'd eat them

Andy Justice

Postby Andy Justice » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:51 pm

Really I actually have nothing against crusties, I was just givein shit to that Australia. Australians are the only 'people' in the world I hate
There are ass holes everywhere, there are asshole punks and there are asshole hc kids...Go about pigon holeing people and your an asshole yourself.
Its diffrent with Australians, they are all assholes and thats a FACT!!

'lift weights you pussy'
I think that would be SLAPSHOT, that sxe band was into eating meat and pumping iron.

[/quote]cos we have fun with drugs, alcohol and throw beer on each other...
[quote] Dont involve people who arnt into haveing beer thrown on them, thats been done to me and I didnt see the fun in it. People have diffrent ideas of what is 'fun' some tolerance is needed between the parties involved

Phlegethon

Postby Phlegethon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:35 pm

i really hope no one mistakes this dude for me. im the one who you cant take seriously ... oooh wait :oops:

Fuck Yah

Postby Fuck Yah » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:43 pm

i only read the heading for this thread , sounds like a bunch of fucking bullshit , who gives a fuck what peoples beliefs are , maybe you should be more concerned abouit the amount of fucking shitty hardcore bands springing up.

fuck politics and hail music

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:38 am

hey George...

'Violence'

dont talk about crap music, you aint lived that band down yet boyo.

Brento

Postby Brento » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:24 am

0X

David xvx Ludd

Re:

Postby David xvx Ludd » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:54 am

infamous_dudes wrote: that must mean that SOIA are also down with Biggie's muderers, after all - that was in NY too?!?

Oh fuck! SOIA killed Biggie! It all makes sense! I'm gonna have to sand my tattoo off now...

...can't believe I missed this thread the first time around. It's gold, in a delusional hippy kinda way.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:50 pm

:roll:
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Joey Normal wrote:X'd up zombie pulling the fingers

The Real JeffJack.

Postby The Real JeffJack. » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

fucked thread, shit is lame, fuck aussie, but my mate lives in newtown, he smokes heaps of pot but and says the hardcore shows over there are whack.

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Yo, Dan, I was wrong. My zombie wouldn't be pulling the fingers. It'd be slapping you with my three foot king dick.

And I'm exactly as deadly, coldly, purely serious now as I was when I wrote that paragraph.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

chelloveck

Postby chelloveck » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 pm

you used to write some awesome shit, i dont really think youve changed, no offence.

Brento

Postby Brento » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:03 am

:lol:

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Re:

Postby snuff » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:09 am

nicholas hammond wrote:JOEY RAMONE WAS A REBUPLICAN

That would have been Johnny but meh... :P
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:50 pm

It'd suck being a buried zombie.

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”