Cathedra, Time Only Passes, Upheld, Collapse

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:13 pm

KapitiShem wrote:God is outside of time...He created time...but to try and imagine life with the boundaries of time is just way to crazy for our little brains to comprehend aye.

Oh please.... spare us the bullshit Christian rhetoric!!!

Imagining life with the boundries of time is too much??? Have you heard of Einstein??? Time is the only constant you have in your life... much like death is the only certainty you have... accept that... YOU ARE NOTHING... you are a species on earth, an ape with a more highly evolved brain and whose biggest downfall is the belief that you are anything more than that!

KapitiShem wrote:Help! My tiny little brain needs answers!!!

Oh btw... the Bible was written by Man.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

KapitiShem

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:18 pm

Yea well...believe that crap if you like.

Oh and btw...."every scripture is God breathed"

tigertiger

Postby tigertiger » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:58 pm

PertHJ wrote:like youve never made a joke at someone elses expence (not saying that suicide should be used as a joke but I'm sure your shit stinks too)

Yeah, umm, no kidding. I just don't think something as sad as someone killing themselves is a thing that should be taken as a joke or used as an insult. Anytime I make jokes as cold as that I would hope someone would tell me to shut up.

If I die and nothing happens, I don't feel I would have wasted anything. My faith makes me try harder to love God and love others, and those ain't things I'm gonna regret.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:59 pm

I can use passages from Harry Potter to prove that Harry Potter exists, but it doesnt necessarily make it true.

In the same way, you arent doing yourself any favours by arguing logic with scripture. You cant prove that the bible was god breathed by quoting a bible scripture that says so.

Grow a brain, seriously, its embarrassing.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

KapitiShem

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Your logic is embarrasing. Did Harry Potter write his own books? No...some lady did. The bible has never been proved false.

And also...you statement about the earth being flat. The bible has scriptures that talk about the earth having no end. This was writen far before people discovered the earth wasnt flat. How could the writers have known that the world was a sphere?...only if God had inspired what the wrote. The bible makes reference to how clouds are formed and where the wind comes from - which no one knew until more recent centuries.
Way back in the old testiment God gave instruction for how to prepare they food, such as "after preparing a meal, wash your hands in running water"....until recent years, doctors always washed their hands in a bowl...until they discovered gems.
There is so much proof....but keep on mocking, keeping letting us know how ignorant we are.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:48 pm

Way to get all worked up over your faith... why not go start a crusade? Oh wait theres already one on...

Throwing out bible references ad nauseam doesn't change shit, it's like believing in those 9/11 'related' Nostradamus passages that someone made up to prove a point... hell, look at the Greek myths and legends, just because someone hasn't uncovered the ruins of a maze with a Minotaur skeleton in it doesn't mean it didn't exist right? RIGHT??

I seriously hope you wake up before you get the chance to breed. Raising children with such a warped view of the world is child abuse.

KapitiShem

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:59 pm

Didn't Nostradamus predict the world would end a few years back? The greeks....where is there ANY proof of their Gods? The greeks built their foundation on different mens phylosophies, and where is their great empire now?

Maybe you should change your profile pic before you make comments on child abuse.

You are yet to prove the bible to be wrong.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:10 pm

And you are yet to prove that it is anything more than a collection of stories and helpful advice.

Proverbs 23:9

And im out.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

KapitiShem

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:18 pm

Haha....funny verse.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:27 pm

KapitiShem wrote:Didn't Nostradamus predict the world would end a few years back? The greeks....where is there ANY proof of their Gods? The greeks built their foundation on different mens phylosophies, and where is their great empire now?

Theres as much proof of Zeus as there is Jesus.

Maybe you should change your profile pic before you make comments on child abuse.

Yeah cos photoshop is real. Judging from your haircut cyps should visit your mother.

You are yet to prove the bible to be wrong.

You havent proven it right, you havent proven it wrong, you havent....

Seriously man, did your folks raise you like this or did you have some kind of tragic life experience and the christians happend to be there with biscuits cos you talk like a fundementalist... you're delusional... seek help.

I'm out.
Last edited by snuff on Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:29 pm

KapitiShem wrote:Real hardcore.....where's the guitar talent in real hardcore?...I think that's where the creation of metalcore was birthed out of. Straightup hardcore...while it is awesome, can be at times more cliche and boring than punk. But yea...there are some awesome punk bands too.

I hate metal...like bogan metal...but I reakon metalcore is awesome.

Oh pfft. Shut up. Most metalcore is generic as fuck and god damn awful. Kids playing recycled metal alternate picking riffs and chug breakdowns instead of guitar solos. Get the fuck off myspace and open your eyes. Without the 'bogan metal' you mock, 98% percent of that metalcore crap you listen to wouldnt even exist. Dont get me wrong, metalcore is killer. Merauder, 100 demons, Integrity, Ringworm, Promise of Bloodshed. But that 'myspace' metalcore crap? urg.

And all of you shut the fuck up about religion, I dont give a fuck about anyones ideals and I certainly dont want to hear about it. Exept if its One Must Fall, but only cause they arent whiny wankers about it, that and David has n00dz so he aint really christian at all. Word.

Hail Satan. His music is better.

KapitiShem

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:58 pm

snuff wrote:Theres as much proof of Zeus as there is Jesus.

No there's not. Where do you think up this crap?

Anyways....this thread was about a gig. That gig was awesome.

Out of my head

Postby Out of my head » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:07 pm

no, really....it sucked ass.

KapitiShem

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:17 pm

Bosun wrote:no, really....it sucked ass.

And that's your problem. Stay home next time.

nerdXcore

Postby nerdXcore » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:01 pm

Imagining life with the boundries of time is too much??? Have you heard of Einstein??? Time is the only constant you have in your life...
:roll:

You should stop talking about shit you obviously have no idea about.

Out of my head

Postby Out of my head » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:02 pm

KapitiShem wrote:
Bosun wrote:no, really....it sucked ass.

And that's your problem. Stay home next time.

yeah prolly will. unless the invasion are playing. and even then its only coz sean is uber hot.

simon

Postby simon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:09 pm

and David has n00dz so he aint really christian at all

Really? Reading there lyrics you'd think be christians...
Here's the lyrics from One Must Falls - Redemption:
"I am blessed by the life you led
Clensed pure white by the blood you shed
Jesus, from the wound you bled
Then poured my salvation
From the wound poured my salvation
By the grace of God I live, I'll die, I'll rise and live
a new life
By the grace of God I live,
By the grace of God I'll die,
By the grace of God I'll rise,
And live a new life
I am redeemed
Though I often push against the barriers,
They are strong and there to stop my fall
And if I jumped them you'd be there to catch me
To nurse my wounds, and help me walk
For this I am eternally grateful"

With lyrics like that, one would assume they are christians?

Ohh yeh, this whole mocking of christianity bandwagon is super lame. Ive experienced it many a time e.g - when i wanted to see if any one was keen for a prayer group.
Everyone believes in something you know.... Because to know there is no god, you would have to infinite knowledge, but to have infinite knowledge you have to become god yourself. Its impossible to be an athiest and a god at the same time....

Meh, Christian, Straight Edge, Hindu, What ever! Why dont we just try and get along. I think Non Christians should accept the fact that we're normal people too, and stop the ongoing mocking.
Jesus talks about christians: "We are not of this world, but we live in it"....
Just think about that scripture you few christians on this board.

xSimonx
The Ost wrote:
toothbrush wrote:are you like a walking advert for steinlager or something?

I think "sitting" and "the endorsement of euthanasia by community consensus" were the terms you were looking for.

nicholas hammond

Postby nicholas hammond » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:13 pm

look mate im a christian too, but theres no need to fucking go on and on about it, it doesnt make you any different its just another thing to "claim" like "straight edge" yeah? if you know it will create argument and dont want it to, dont bother bringing it up... i dont think your miseducated arguing will convert ANYONE on this board to christianity, and remember

you like wash
Last edited by nicholas hammond on Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruticus

Postby Bruticus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:16 pm

punk rock rebel wrote:Ohh yeh, this whole mocking of christianity bandwagon is super lame.

Ever read your signature? It comes across as mocking Christians (and punk)

punk rock rebel wrote:Ive experienced it many a time e.g - when i wanted to see if any one was keen for a prayer group.

You deserved it because that is hilarious!

punk rock rebel wrote:Everyone believes in something you know.... Because to know there is no god, you would have to infinite knowledge, but to have infinite knowledge you have to become god yourself. Its impossible to be an athiest and a god at the same time....

Read a book on buddhism
If I had a bag of chips I'd eat them

Bruticus

Postby Bruticus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:23 pm

nerdXcore wrote:
Imagining life with the boundries of time is too much??? Have you heard of Einstein??? Time is the only constant you have in your life...

Stick to talking up the National party, you fruitcake

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:35 pm

Simon, shut up. I used to be in One Must Fall when they were called Fallout, I dont need a song quoted to me that was written at my first practise with them 3 years ago, thank you very much. Clearly, I was fucking joking about them not being jc, bloody hell :roll: Kids take shit too literally nowadays.

Arent you the kid who said to lil Richy that edge kids wernt 'true' edge because they wernt christian? Yeah I totally cant see why you are mocked bro :roll:
Last edited by xCaptainx on Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nerdXcore

Postby nerdXcore » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:36 pm

Bruticus 4000 wrote:
nerdXcore wrote:

Stick to talking up the National party, you fruitcake

If you were smart enough to realise what is so horribly wrong with the first quote I'd give two shits what you thought.

Pity you're a dumbass like Snuff

Bruticus

Postby Bruticus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:38 pm

Too bad you're a faggario fuck suck

nerdXcore

Postby nerdXcore » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:52 pm

Good comeback, you have such a wide vocabulary. I guess you know nothing of Einsteins Theory of Relativity though.

Pity you're a dumbass like Snuff

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:58 pm

xCaptainx wrote:
Arent you the kid who said to lil Richy that edge kids wernt 'true' edge because they wernt christian? Yeah I totally cant see why you are mocked bro :roll:

:lol:
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:10 pm

KapitiShem wrote:Your logic is embarrasing. Did Harry Potter write his own books? No...some lady did. The bible has never been proved false.

I believe in Christ.

But...your logic is utter twaddle. The Bible has never been proved flase? Ever heard of a little thing called the burden of proof?

You don't proof propositions false. You prove them correct.

It is possible that the Bible is not false does not equate to it is necessary that the Bible is true.

His analogy stands. You cannot prove a conclusion with reference to the conclusion in one of the premises. That is circular reasoning. You cannot prove the truth of the Bible with reference to Biblical scripture, as your opponent will not accept that the premise is true unless he accepts that the conclusion is true, and if he accepts the conclusion already, then why would you make an argument?

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:14 pm

KapitiShem wrote:Didn't Nostradamus predict the world would end a few years back? The greeks....where is there ANY proof of their Gods? The greeks built their foundation on different mens phylosophies, and where is their great empire now?

The Greeks ruled an Empire? News to me! (Ancient Greece was a united nation? News to me!)

Greek philosophy and Greek thought laid a huge amount of the groundwork for modern political, scientific and philosophical theories.

gem

Postby gem » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:27 am

snuff wrote:Way to get all worked up over your faith...

you were the one who got worked up over it first, nobody was forcing christianity on anyone but i guess bigots like you go for the throat regardless.

word up tigertiger.

snuff

Postby snuff » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:49 am

gem wrote: YOU fuckin started the shit fight.

Yep cos I was fuckin disgusted by the lyrics to that song... what happened there was a NATURAL disaster, not something that happened because they have different beliefs... Its as fuckin bad a CCF etc using starving children as an excuse to propagate their agenda. I have friends who have seen that shit first hand and seeing kids being refused medicine until they respond to their 'Christian' names is fuckin horrible... if you wanna justify and support that kind of behaviour go ahead but don't be calling me

... an uptight completely intolerant BIGOT.

oh btw nice effort on your post changing...

gem

Postby gem » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:02 am

snuff wrote:but don't be calling me
... an uptight completely intolerant BIGOT.

you ARE. you just started a huge anti-christian crusade over some lyrics you yourself hunted down. i don't agree with the tsunami shit at all, but how is being so dramatically disrespectful of their religion going to change anyones mind? i personally just completely lost respect for anything you've ever said because anti-christians are actually bigots whether youre prepared to admit it or not; and i dont like bigots.

snuff wrote:oh btw nice effort on your post changing...

thanks, i wanted to make it shorter, last i checked i didnt actually need your permission. dont think i changed my mind on you being a dick though.

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”