Cathedra, Time Only Passes, Upheld, Collapse

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
rhydian
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:26 pm
Location: wellington

Postby rhydian » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:18 pm

no, you should shut up because you are an ignorant fuckwit who seems to post bullshit in every thread i choose to read.

User avatar
sophiee
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:48 pm
Location: PNHC
Contact:

Postby sophiee » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:04 pm

^^^ aimed at me or bosun?

KapitiShem
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Kapiti
Contact:

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:11 pm

I'd say Bosun.

User avatar
Out of my head
Posts: 5744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby Out of my head » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:34 pm

how is it that if i disagree on something as inocent as a review of a show with all the kids who said it was great, because i didnt like it, im branded ignorant?

maybe i just have a differing opinion?

KapitiShem
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Kapiti
Contact:

Postby KapitiShem » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:43 pm

Bosun wrote:i was the guy with dave who said it was shit. and it was. all the bands sucked. not coz they played bad. coz they play shit music. the end.

How is it that you get branded ignorant? Obviously you have no idea. Maybe you just hate hardcore/metalcore?

User avatar
Out of my head
Posts: 5744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby Out of my head » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:55 pm

ok, granted. i think metalcore is a stupid subgenre invented by fr00ts that dont wanna/cant play real hardcore.



but i like hardcore alot. some of my most favourite bands are hardcore bands. hardcore in the real sense of the word. the point is, this is a review thread. and i posted my review.

all the bands were shit.

KapitiShem
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Kapiti
Contact:

Postby KapitiShem » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:06 pm

Sweet as dude. Maybe you should just keep it to yourself next time, instead of telling other people that all the bands sucked, when the truth is you think the style they are playing sucks. I hate hip hop, rap, etc...but I bet there are some good artists in that genre, if that's what your into.

Real hardcore.....where's the guitar talent in real hardcore?...I think that's where the creation of metalcore was birthed out of. Straightup hardcore...while it is awesome, can be at times more cliche and boring than punk. But yea...there are some awesome punk bands too.

I hate metal...like bogan metal...but I reakon metalcore is awesome.

User avatar
snuff
Information Highway Patrol
Posts: 11349
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:56 pm
Location: Vault 101

Postby snuff » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm

KapitiShem wrote:.....where's the guitar talent in real hardcore?...


you can say it... wheres the...

Image

oh and by the way

Daybreak Brings The Darkest Shadows -
Inspired by Psalm 91 & the Boxing Day Tsunami

Shadows are cast on the beachline
Hours have narrowed
The sun wakes to sorrow
Dancing on roses
Praying to unknown gods as they go
Plagued with destruction and still they
Turn to their idols and plea for protection

Who are they but those who are weak at heart?
Are we not the same?


your not helping anybody, do us a favour.

Image
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Matt
Site Admin
Posts: 10638
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:15 pm
Location: Palmerston North
Contact:

Postby Matt » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:12 pm

Daybreak Brings The Darkest Shadows -
Inspired by Psalm 91 & the Boxing Day Tsunami

Shadows are cast on the beachline
Hours have narrowed
The sun wakes to sorrow
Dancing on roses
Praying to unknown gods as they go
Plagued with destruction and still they
Turn to their idols and plea for protection

Who are they but those who are weak at heart?
Are we not the same?


Hahaha! Are those real lyrics??? I don't believe you! What band?

You made that up, Snuff, 'fess up.

KapitiShem
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Kapiti
Contact:

Postby KapitiShem » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:30 pm

snuff wrote:your not helping anybody
Image


And you are?

User avatar
snuff
Information Highway Patrol
Posts: 11349
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:56 pm
Location: Vault 101

Postby snuff » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:47 am

I kid you not Matt those lyrics come directly from God's own TimeOnlyPasses... http://www.timeonlypasses.com/lyrics.php

Infact...

Image

KapitiShem probably wrote them...

oh and KS... remember how people used to think the Earth was square??? I guess this whole God thing is taking people a bit longer... although I'm sure the contrary evidence that THIS sort of endeavour will result is purely circumstantial and should be dismissed... no... go vote Bush.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19688
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:37 am

:oops:
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
matt youwin
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby matt youwin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:52 am

snuff wrote:oh and KS... remember how people used to think the Earth was square??? I guess this whole God thing is taking people a bit longer... although I'm sure the contrary evidence that THIS sort of endeavour will result is purely circumstantial and should be dismissed... no... go vote Bush.


oh and snuff, remember how the world's leading athiest now rejects athiesm and acknowledges that there is a god? you DONT know everything, and neither do i. now get over it and get off shems case

User avatar
tigertiger
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:23 pm
Location: Morningside

Postby tigertiger » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:22 am

Suicide isn't ever a joke you cock.

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19688
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:06 pm

like youve never made a joke at someone elses expence (not saying that suicide should be used as a joke but I'm sure your shit stinks too)
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:25 pm
Location: Lurking
Contact:

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:09 pm

hastingscreep wrote:
oh and snuff, remember how the world's leading athiest now rejects athiesm and acknowledges that there is a god? you DONT know everything, and neither do i. now get over it and get off shems case


Yeah and how most scientists that try and disprove god end up becoming christians because they cant. Save it fuck face, I was fed the same bullshit when I was a christian as well. Maybe you should stop relying on biased opinions and come up with some of your own.



Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19688
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:17 pm

there is also a GIANT GIANT GIANT difference between believing in god and being a christian.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
Can I get an Amen
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: At the Altar
Contact:

Postby Can I get an Amen » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:21 pm

that really is some bad poetry
Its only really acceptable between the ages of 12 - 16
If you fit the above then my apologies and chin up....sex and drugs will give you endless inspiration for more bad poetry in the years to come.

User avatar
matt youwin
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby matt youwin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:54 pm

FiveIronFan wrote:
hastingscreep wrote:
oh and snuff, remember how the world's leading athiest now rejects athiesm and acknowledges that there is a god? you DONT know everything, and neither do i. now get over it and get off shems case


Yeah and how most scientists that try and disprove god end up becoming christians because they cant. Save it fuck face, I was fed the same bullshit when I was a christian as well. Maybe you should stop relying on biased opinions and come up with some of your own.



Aidan


yeah well i posted that just to show how ridiculous snuff's reasoning was.

and im hardly basing my faith on a few biased opinions, you don't think im that stupid do you?

User avatar
FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:25 pm
Location: Lurking
Contact:

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:01 pm

Snuff made sense though.....Still only some of the church has begun to accept that evolution is a possible process, when there is a wealth of evidence at their disposal that they for the most have chosen to ignore. Just like how they wouldnt accept that the world was flat and at the centre of the universe.

As an ex-christian who has been from one extreme to the other I can tell you that you are basing your faith on some biased opinions. I know how the church works, I know exactly what they tell you, and I know exactly how they interperet the bible in order to make you believe what they want you to believe. Keep going with what you want to think, thats fine, but accept that there are so many holes in christianity that noone with half a brain can take all of what they claim seriously.



Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19688
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:14 pm

But don't you yourself still believe in a 'hire power' (ie a god, or 'god').
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
matt youwin
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby matt youwin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:16 pm

FiveIronFan wrote:Snuff made sense though.....Still only some of the church has begun to accept that evolution is a possible process, when there is a wealth of evidence at their disposal that they for the most have chosen to ignore. Just like how they wouldnt accept that the world was flat and at the centre of the universe.

As an ex-christian who has been from one extreme to the other I can tell you that you are basing your faith on some biased opinions. I know how the church works, I know exactly what they tell you, and I know exactly how they interperet the bible in order to make you believe what they want you to believe. Keep going with what you want to think, thats fine, but accept that there are so many holes in christianity that noone with half a brain can take all of what they claim seriously.



Aidan


ok the way i took snuffs posted seemed he was using the fact that 'the church' used to believe the earth was flat was reason enough to believe that god doesnt exist. sorry for mis-reading.

i'm hardly an evolutionary scholar, but i can acknowledge the feasiblity of evolution, i just dont think thats where we came from. but thats a whole other arguement.

this arguements obviously going nowhere, seeing as both sides are basing things on faith and opinion, not fact.

out of interest are you athiest now???

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19688
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:20 pm

I see a hell of a lot more fact pointing toward natural selection(evolution) than the idea of Adam and Eve.... maybe I'm being ignorant
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:25 pm
Location: Lurking
Contact:

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:21 pm

I believe there are things that cant be explained by science yet, whether they will be in the future I dont know. I dont believe the christian "god" is anything more than a system of control however.

For the most part this discussion is just debating the existance of god, and its something that can never be proven or disproven. Hense the term "blind faith".






Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

User avatar
matt youwin
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby matt youwin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:22 pm

evolution - everything evolved from a single cell creature. where did that single cell creature come from?????? even if evolution is true that cell has to come from somewhere

User avatar
matt youwin
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby matt youwin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:23 pm

FiveIronFan wrote:For the most part this discussion is just debating the existance of god, and its something that can never be proven or disproven. Hense the term "blind faith".

Aidan


exactly. [/arguement]

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19688
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Postby PertHJ » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:30 pm

hastingscreep wrote:evolution - everything evolved from a single cell creature. where did that single cell creature come from?????? even if evolution is true that cell has to come from somewhere


yeah thats a good point and I guess you have to either have bline faith that either everything has been around FOREVER, or that god created at least something...

but then again if god created something where did god come from? - maybe he was around forever. and if he has been around forever then why couldn't the universe have been around forever.

maybe god is the universe? but if thats the case then we should probably all believe in something closer to paganism and celebrate nature and the like.

something my tiny human brain can't grasp.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
matt youwin
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Auckland

Postby matt youwin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:33 pm

PertHJ wrote:
hastingscreep wrote:evolution - everything evolved from a single cell creature. where did that single cell creature come from?????? even if evolution is true that cell has to come from somewhere


yeah thats a good point and I guess you have to either have bline faith that either everything has been around FOREVER, or that god created at least something...

but then again if god created something where did god come from? - maybe he was around forever. and if he has been around forever then why couldn't the universe have been around forever.

maybe god is the universe? but if thats the case then we should probably all believe in something closer to paganism and celebrate nature and the like.

something my tiny human brain can't grasp.


yeah u got some good points. my head hurts im going back to work :P

User avatar
snuff
Information Highway Patrol
Posts: 11349
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:56 pm
Location: Vault 101

Postby snuff » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:22 pm

hastingscreep wrote:
ok the way i took snuffs posted seemed he was using the fact that 'the church' used to believe the earth was flat was reason enough to believe that god doesnt exist. sorry for mis-reading.


Well in the context of the argument 'God' meant your big G in the sky (the log in your eye)

tigertiger wrote:Suicide isn't ever a joke you cock.


Well I happen to believe that suicidal tendencies are genetic so the way I see it when people kill themselves it makes the species stronger... yeah, not the most popular belief with probably little scientific evidence (not that matters eh Churchgoers) but hey... what ya gonna do? (u wanna get onto that evidence Aidan)
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

KapitiShem
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 am
Location: Kapiti
Contact:

Postby KapitiShem » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:45 pm

The truth is...anyone who's anti-Christian, or more...anti-God, thinks that Christians are fools. And Christians have such a conviction for what they believe, that they can't see how someone could not see the evidence of God.
So pretty much, the way you live your life is your own choice (free will).
This argument is nothing new.

Oh yea...Rupert, your right dude.."something my tiny human brain can't grasp"
God is outside of time...He created time...but to try and imagine life with the boundaries of time is just way to crazy for our little brains to comprehend aye.


Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests