Recoverd Memory Syndrome

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
Lentil

More story!!

Postby Lentil » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi Dudey, Hey I'm hanging out for the next bit of your story. Can't stop jumping on the computer to see if you've done the next bit yet :lol:

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:55 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Trinity on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:00 pm

Wicked! You have some damned fine pics! I'm having 'flashbacks'.... 8O
"Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est"

http://tnppodcast.libsyn.com/

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:14 pm

Trinity wrote:Image

:o ! Crucifix, Dehumanization! i want i want.

(ps. not all "kids" are too stupid to own records :wink: )

although, i'm almost an adult :cry:

SoapnSpikes

Postby SoapnSpikes » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:38 am

hey some good reads to be had here.

I was hanging out with the guys from holocaust back in 87 and met some of punks from the coast who used to come visit us at Cotterill street in addington chch: thats where i first met hubby, chris small, steve smilie and all the rest. they are still about....

I first went to the coast in 1987, had a bright orange mohwak...i stayed with a mate ate his folks in wesport and man i got heaps a funny looks in the pub and on the mainstreet. i didnt know anyone in greymouth at that stage but remember seeing some good punk/bootboy graffiti.

I first went to wellington in 88: hitched down from new plymouth, studded leather, blonde spkies and all.

It was crazy: just outta wellington i got picked up by this guy and he got me totally wasted on pot...and i mean totally wasted...not slightly!

Well anyhows he dropped me off at Porirua all i knew was to go to the Hinau Hitlon cos that was a place to crash as id met some punks from wgtn in NP. I had no money: not a cent, it was winter and getting dark and also i hadnt been to wgtn for over 10 years. these facts combined with the fact i was stoned off my dial ment that i started freaking out a little. Porirua at dusk when your a spikey punk aint exactly the most friendliest place to be...

So I thought fuck it ill walk to the train station. There was a wee tunnel going under the tracks and it comes up in the station so i headed down that.

Now for all you young ones remember that in 87 the cold war was till going and punk bands were still singing about nuclear war :P

So anyhows i head down this subway or whatever you call it and am met by what seemed a wall of people running down the tunnel towards me and away from the train station (remember i was stoned!)...i freaked thinking omg whats going on why are all these people running...whats going on...my wee heart started pumping fast whilst my stoned brain just was going duuuuhhhhhhh....

My first thought was fuck me there must be a nuclear attack going on and these people are making a break for it... so should i turn around and run with these people or what!! (i swear im telling you the truth!) Armageddeon is here and all that.

You kn ow i just about turned and took off as well...

The people ran past me and then i realised a train had just come in to the station(it was rush hours) and all these people were running/walking fast from the train to the buses that meet the train to take people into the burbs so they could get a seat on the bus...

...man i felt relieved but also a total dick :roll: Dont do pot people its not good for you!

Well i still had the prob of getting to wgtn from porirua with no creds and it was dark now. I was getting a bit worried and all. luckily a granny gave me 5 bucks to pay for the train fare into town and she saved my bacon.

i made it to the hinau hilton and crashed there. at that time mal lived there, anita, bruce and tanja (sp) and me.

fuck i gota go to tech so will have to leave it there...

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:50 am

i seriously think you should write some kinda book

That has been said before actually, before I started this... usually when I'm telling my stories about the old days...

Wicked! You have some damned fine pics! I'm having 'flashbacks'....

Yeah I always was a bit of a shutterbug, always taking snaps, and then compulsively filing them away in albums. I have a banana box full of photo albums... those photo's are from album number 2.

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:00 am

:twisted:
Last edited by Trinity on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:37 pm

I was hanging out with the guys from holocaust back in 87

Yeah, I still run into Dave and Chris every couple of years!

banned jones

Postby banned jones » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:45 pm

if only i had a scanner
i have photos of all those people
getting high on the bad times

SoapnSpikes

my zine

Postby SoapnSpikes » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:17 pm

hey has anyone here got copies of the zine i did in 89 and 90??

First issue was called alien nation, was A4 in size the second was called Soap Up!

I interviewed the likes of Doom, Moral Fibre, Decadence within, Poison Idea ummmm lots of local punk bands (sorry memory failure :roll: ) and articles on politics, vegie stuff and that.

I havent got copies of em any more, I think my mum does somewhere in her garage tho :D

I had a dig round her garage the other week and found an interview some NZ magazine did with me in early 88 about punk.

Photos were cool, nice spikey and big mohawk, home printed Conflict shirt (not brough over the net back then ya know) but my interview was kinda laughable im afraid :oops: I must have been going thru some peace punk sorta phase and going "why cant we all just get on"..."theres too much hate in the world" you know the sorta gaff im on about. those days are long gone hehe :twisted:

But hey that brings me to something i think sucks about punk these days: back in the 80's if i wanted a punk t-shirt i screen printed my own.

Now you just buy them in shops all pro done and that. its kinda weird :?

of course there are screen printed shirts out there but you know what i mean eh. im guitly too i scored a few grouse Conflcit shirts from interpunk. nice change not having to screen print em you know :D

Another thing that sucks these days is how mohwaks are fucking trendy!

I got a mohawk again last year: first one since i cut my last off in april 88 (it was orange and after i cut it off i kept it in a plastic bag its still in mumc garage somewhere too....if it hasnt escaped out the fucking cat door...)

..anyhow im deviating...

yeah having a mohawk in 2005 is soooo fucking lame: i cant shock or intimidate anyone :cry:

Instead i get all these staright people going OOOOOOHHHH i LUUUV your hair....what product do you use to get it like that? Hiow long does it take....how do you sleep at night with it like that....is it house trained...sorry that last one is just me being a pillock...

you get my p;oint tho eh...sid vicious will be turning in his grave if he new how conventional punk is these days :P

I mean, i try really hard to intimidate people with my mohawk and it just dont work anymore. people like it its enuff to make an old punk cry.

maybe i should get a straight haircut...now that would shock people.

I still use sunlight soap for me spikes too....fuck hair products...go hard or go fucking home poofter!

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:05 pm

fuck, you think thats bad? i get wanky trendy cunts asking me where i BOUGHT my jacket from! and how much it cost! these days punk is something that can be bought and sold in shops :wink: ..

hows it going anyway dave, i emailed you once a while back. i'm alex from nelson.

SoapnSpikes

Postby SoapnSpikes » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:11 pm

hehe i hear ya Alex :roll:

my old leather jacket weighed a ton it was so full of studs it was like doing a work out every time i wore it :arrow: :wink: fuck knows where it is these days i sold it to Hunters and Collecters about 15 years ago.

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:16 pm

my jackets and vests combined probably weigh about 18kg or something... i hear ya bout the work out thing, i'm sure i'll be a hunchback by 35..

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:41 pm

Instead i get all these staright people going OOOOOOHHHH i LUUUV your hair....what product do you use to get it like that? Hiow long does it take....how do you sleep at night with it like that

Yah, one of my buddies gets that when we're out on the piss....I have to leave the area mumbling "fuck! When I had a mohawk, people would try to run me over..."

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:48 pm

ive never bought anything off the internet.
altho im trying, theres a tamiya car i want and some cool knives.

next time someone wants to know where you got your pants or your jacket, say you robbed it off a corpse in croatia or something,
and how do you sleep? upside down, hanging like a bat,
what do you use to spike it? spit cum snot and blood.

SoapnSpikes

Postby SoapnSpikes » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:56 am

[viking disalex] wrote:my jackets and vests combined probably weigh about 18kg or something...

well just think about all the money you save by not having to go to Les mills.... :P

yeah i remember someone tyring to run me off the road back in 87 when i was biking to school with my orange mohawk.

One of the most humiliating moments i had recently was when two grannies came up to me a few months back when my mohawk was quite long (had a trim since) and said "ooooooo we love your hair...."

i just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me :cry:

another funny thing about having a mohawk these days is how do you wear your compulsory cycle helmet when you are on your bike?? remember ya didnt have to years ago.

Some one needs to design a mohwak friendly bike helmet. either that or start up a trust fund for mohicans who get fined for being on a bike without a helmet.... :arrow: :twisted:

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:26 am

my old leather jacket weighed a ton it was so full of studs it was like doing a work out every time i wore it Arrow Wink fuck knows where it is these days i sold it to Hunters and Collecters about 15 years ago.

Yeah I remember trying to hitch with you wearing that bloody jacket and with your spiked up!! It took me a while to convince you we weren't getting any rides because of it and you needed to take it off! :lol:

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:32 am

Hey all you crusty old punkers, I’m thinking about putting a book together. I mean I think someone should, our stories are interesting, it might as well be me.

I’m kinda thinking an anthology of people’s stories as told by themselves, and collected into a book.

A 21 year I know who is not a punk spent an entire day reading Slammy’s story online. I mean I think there’s appeal to all types. And it certainly would be a document for the NZ punk scene.

So I reckon all you guys should write something… and try to find other old buggers to write theirs.

Hey Lentil I reckon this is something you could help me with. What do ya reckon?

VietCongDeathSquad

Postby VietCongDeathSquad » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:11 am

Have your people contact my people.....

8)

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:54 pm

copy/paste

Lentil

A book or trilogy??

Postby Lentil » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Yeah doing a book sounds good and also a hell of alot of work! I've been thinking about it over the afternoon - of the people I still know that got into it in the 80's there are quite a few. We might have a book to match the size of "The Lord of the Rings".LOL
Anyway it would be a good excuse to catch up with you Trinity and for me to look at your photo albums!! Talking about photos another shutter bug" I can think of in the 80's was Collette. I'd love a chance to look at her photos too.
Anway seems like there are a few keen people into it eh Slammy and Wax??

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:52 pm

Trinity wrote:Hey all you crusty old punkers, I’m thinking about putting a book together. I mean I think someone should, our stories are interesting, it might as well be me.

I’m kinda thinking an anthology of people’s stories as told by themselves, and collected into a book.

Thatd be awesome, I'd definately buy it.

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:15 pm

im keen, but you guys gotta realise, im only 24, my stories are mostly set in the 90's..

my stories arent specifically punk, well, the some of the ones where i got beat up are...

but the good ones are just shit your average druggie gets up to, just a few short anecdotes, maybe as a postscript towards the end...

SoapnSpikes

Postby SoapnSpikes » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:38 pm

Lentil wrote:Yeah I remember trying to hitch with you wearing that bloody jacket and with your spiked up!! It took me a while to convince you we weren't getting any rides because of it and you needed to take it off! :lol:

I was just too fashionable for my own good.

talking bout hitching...Once when was living in just outta dunedin in sawyers bay in bout 94 i got a ride from this guy who was totally pissed.

His car had no windscreen and i had to steer while he did the pedals and gears 8O

turned out his missus had left him or something and he had been on a drinking binge for a few days...anyhows i was up for it and hopped in all the same.

i tell ya it was an interesting drive but somehow we managed to get to sawyers bay :wink:

i kinda appreciated life a little more after that wee jaunt hehe

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:42 pm

Anyway it would be a good excuse to catch up with you Trinity and for me to look at your photo albums!! Talking about photos another shutter bug" I can think of in the 80's was Collette.

Yeah I was thinking of Collette when I was talking about the book with a friend, (who isn't a punk, but has been on at me for ages to write a book about the scene, or my life in it).

I don't know where Collette is now though, probably in Wellington I think... could prob track her down.

a book to match the size of "The Lord of the Rings".

yeah it would get big, you could just do a few anecdotes from each person, rather than their whole life... or have themes and have anecdotes from different people on each topic... dunno just brainstorming.

Phlegethon

Postby Phlegethon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:59 pm

nah, a massive book would be choice. It would be like a book of short stories rather than one whole book

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:15 pm

Here's the poem I remembered.

We're the youth of today
We are the victims
Of an adults world
and a worthless system

There is no future
No reason to live
Society takes
But it never gives

Live for tomorrow
Whats to live for?
Sit and wait
for the inevitable war?

We're all going to die
But we don't know when.
The world is run
by senile old men

We ask them questions
They tell us lies
The truth kept secret
In their warped little minds

The pain grows inside
But nobody cares
the screaming gets louder
But nobody hears.

I spose it's not bad for a 15 year old. I really do cringe now though. In the 80's there was the threat of nuclear war hanging over us and that was in all the music and in my poems too. It was a scarey time. Also I think I may have been depressed as a teenager!!

cirE

Postby cirE » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:58 pm

this is the best thing ever
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:20 am

Trinity wrote:I think I may have been depressed as a teenager!!

what really, you too?

hah, i dont mean that to be sarcastic, just ironic, i think alot of us had depressed teenage years(well maybe not these hardman oldschool punk skinhead types :wink: ) but yeh, i think i know what you mean.

i also get what you mean about cringing with that poem.
but looking at it from an outside perspective, its great, it may not be 'good' poetry :wink:
but its emotive, and strongly so, it conveys a feeling, it makes me feel for just a tiny moment, the way you must have been feeling back then.

its a powerful thing, to be able to do that, it wasnt wrapped in pretty words, but i understood for a tiny fraction of a second, what you were trying to say
i liked it anyway.Image

cirE

Postby cirE » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:26 am

trinity i am inspired

...is it okay if i write songs inspired from your stories?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”