PUNKAS'S BDAY LAST NIGHT

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
big brown

Postby big brown » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:51 am

jaws wrote:and just out of interest; if anyone here can remember i was the black haired red t-shirt with a rib cage on the front and 6ft8 on the back.

and who was everyone else??? i was feeling very strange because i was surrounded by all these people that i didnt know, yet i might know you from this board..... paranoiD.

my ears are still ringing quietly on sunday at 10:45am :x BEST NOT HAVE TINITUS!!! i'll sue the punkas!!!!! :lol:

shelley

camera

Postby shelley » Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:06 pm

hey, i left my camera at the stomach. its was a little one with a black case, if anyone has it or the stomach still have it pleeeaaaase email me or something. shelley_face@hotmail.com

:cry: toooooo drunk!

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:29 pm

lots and lots and lots of fun.

adi

Postby adi » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:10 pm

Thanks for all the concern guys. Yes, lots and lots of pain. It was kind of a repeat of Ceasefire and Big Day Out nat, my back went out and i couldnt breathe. Thanks to everyone who helped.
So To Speak dedicated ADD to me, hahaha appropriate huh. I missed the beginning, cos i was talking to Portia (hope youre feeling better girl) but Jez came out and found me and i caught the end. And the rest of the set.
I didnt go home til like 1.20, i was hoping the pain would right itself, but i woke up saturday and could hardly walk. i also have a huge bruise around my whole ankle. Can anyone fill that in?
Thanks for putting up with me all night Leith, marty and ricky. Sorry for pulling an Aidan on you guys. hahaha
Nice to meet you Ariana and Bonnie
Thanks for the song guys.
And thanks for the ride T.
Oh shit, Sophie tell little rach im really sorry about ehr tail bone, i feel terrible. :cry: poor kid

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:24 pm

Oh my god that show was fucking awesome....my eyes are completely bloodshot and im almost dead.

Blake and Mailbox - missed you while drinking and stuff, whoopsies

Offbeats - Fucking awesome, i just stood there perving at the brass(instruments you dodgy people) most of the time, it was absolutely awesome.....dads army was my fav i must say.

So To Speak - After a mad session outside you guys were rocking, but then i had to lie down for a bit because everything was spinning

Sommerset - Did you play? I dont remember...i think i fell alseep during your set down the back by the soundesk.

Missing Teeth - Fucking awesome, i just woke up as soon as "the dregs" started which was lucky for me ;)

Overall a really awesome show, pitty about the lack of afterparty but meh....it was worth the 4 hour car trip. Im really glad i only comered for a little while, rock on.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

Tank

Postby Tank » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:44 pm

Primo.
Did you buzz out?

Tank

Postby Tank » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:07 pm

haha you just realised how gay you sounded, right?
Don't worry...it's only the internet, not the end of the world....we'll all forget by tomorrow.

Tank

Postby Tank » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:30 pm

Im just kidding...don't trip out.

R D R R

It's like that....buzzy huh?

sophiee

Postby sophiee » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:21 pm

Funkie Junkie - who the hell are u!? how come iv never seen you post b4?? EXPALIN YOURSELF. ahahaha nah but really who are ya?

Sophie

||| Deth |||
Born Again Whore

Postby ||| Deth ||| » Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:36 pm

hehe i gut to meat aiden but alas i was so tired we only got to hug 8) oh and i met up wif mobking in welly, go the g33ks g33ks g33ks.

1337 PÛÑ|<

Postby 1337 PÛÑ|< » Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:40 pm

fuck...

i met lots of the punkas punks, but i didn't meet lots of youse to. Matt, Deth, Sophie (whoop, thanks for helping me out!) and stuff

im fucking tired

sophiee

Postby sophiee » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:12 pm

Dead Baby - No problem man!

I seem to have missed everyone.......damn. Maybe we should hav a Reunion. Hey we should hav a Reunion like 20 years!!!!! Where everyone who posts on punkas meets up again. But maybe we should hav a Punkas Bday Reunion soon so i can meet some of ya's that i haven met yet.....hahahahaha. Like a gathering of somesort!? And like it doesnt even hav 2 hav bands, we cld jst hav drinks or something. DIBS NOT AT MY HOUSE. Someone want to offer?? I wuld by my parents are pretty strict on these sorta things!

Sophie

1337 PÛÑ|<

Postby 1337 PÛÑ|< » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:44 pm

ummm sophie... you would have to have lots of bands... alot of us had to drive 6hrs to see that wounderful show :)

[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:00 pm

Yeah! Last night roXored!!!

Haha i think i just blurted out "l33t ... uh, site dude" to you and burgers deth, but yeah l33t set!! gg!! And nice backfur burgers :rocol:

Everybody join in for the chorus:

CHORUS: Fuck yeah! Thanks Matt!! 8)
Make assassinations, not war!

burgers

*blush*

Postby burgers » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:25 pm

I hope everyone had a good a time as i did.

Mob King wrote:Haha i think i just blurted out "l33t ... uh, site dude" to you and burgers deth, but yeah l33t set!! gg!! And nice backfur burgers :rocol:

and to think as i get older, the backfur will get thicker and thicker and thicker.. *sob*

Mob King wrote:Everybody join in for the chorus:

CHORUS: Fuck yeah! Thanks Matt!! 8)

yes indeed.. thanks heaps for doing these shows Matt, it was a blast..

--pete.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:51 am

I forgot to mention:

Stefan = nice and wonderfulicious. For some reason though i thought you had some mad as gruff voice, i guess i was way to drunk last time.

Ken(deth) = quiet but cool, bummer we couldnt score you K Fry

Pete = smart arse :P

Aidan

burgers

Postby burgers » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:58 am

FiveIronFan wrote:Ken(deth) = quiet but cool, bummer we couldnt score you K Fry

dont worry, we got deth some of the good stuff in taupo on the way back.. he looked like he was about orgasm when we pulled in..

FiveIronFan wrote:Pete = smart arse :P

and you were expecting something else?

--pete.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:13 am

Not really....what else can you expect, you have all that time on the internet to practise your witty ways :P

Aidan

obi-wan kenobicore

heh

Postby obi-wan kenobicore » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:23 am

i was there i was the the girl in the throwdown t-shirt and rolled up jeans

yea that was me

tany it's me sarah did u have fun on ur birthday

burgers

Postby burgers » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:41 am

FiveIronFan wrote:Not really....what else can you expect, you have all that time on the internet to practise your witty ways :P

to be honest, i spent the whole ride down to palmy thinking of smart ass things to say just to you.. honest.

--pete.

ps. i forgot to say a big thanks to luke mcpake for hitching all the way down.. you rule and i hope your body is ok after having to endure my fat ass sitting on you for half a song..

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:00 am

burgers wrote:
FiveIronFan wrote:Not really....what else can you expect, you have all that time on the internet to practise your witty ways :P

to be honest, i spent the whole ride down to palmy thinking of smart ass things to say just to you.. honest.

--pete.

ps. i forgot to say a big thanks to luke mcpake for hitching all the way down.. you rule and i hope your body is ok after having to endure my fat ass sitting on you for half a song..

Awwww how sweet, i love you too pete *hugs*

Aian

obi-wan kenobicore

Postby obi-wan kenobicore » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:12 am

wow wen i got dropped of at the tauranga turnoff there were like 5 hitch hikers in the same place

made it pretty hard to get a ride

we did resonably ok started bout 12 got there bout 7

on the way back it was eek i had to walk from the napier turnoff on the edge of taupo right to the other edge of taupo it was pretty damn hot

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:23 pm

I had an awsome birthday thanks Sarah. it seems punkas did as well, im glad this week is over though, drinking 4 nights in a row = uncoll on the 5th day. my stamach hurts and is making weird noises. 8O but two thumbs up to everyone who put on the shows, cheers.
cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

adi

Postby adi » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:42 pm

deadbaby was a lot taller than i expected

1337 PÛÑ|<

Postby 1337 PÛÑ|< » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:08 pm

ooook.

adi was quite ummm, short.

ummm please don't hurt me now

:D :D :D :o :o

jesus christ says..

Postby jesus christ says.. » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:42 pm

that palmy show was cool I cant really remem :twisted: ber much but half a tab and plenty of piss will do that to ya, all the bands were really good , we travelled from HB we kinda expected alot more people ?????what happened???

jesus christ says..

Postby jesus christ says.. » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:45 pm

by the way I would also like to appologise to anyone I talked to especially if you were in a band I doubt my oppinion really changed the way you look at life and music ,sorry for freaking people out to.

Matt

Good fun

Postby Matt » Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:55 pm

Ah, what a cool weekend, I totally loved it. Good to play again (it's been a wee while, and I think it showed!) and crank out some new songs, and always good to see so many wicked bands.

Palmy was better for the onstage carnage, Wellington was better for the packed-out venue.

Some highlights:

- Luke McPake on his mission to point a finger into the face of every band, before his own face's untimely meeting with Burgers' arse

- Stefan's bass cutting out after someone clattered into his bass rig...and then him not actually noticing for the better part of an entire song. Also excellent gymnastic tumbling run over the monitors to finish the Palmy set

- Seeing people from all over the North Island show up, and entire bands (Brubeck, Dirk Drent, Minimals, etc.). Was half tempted to start dragging people up for impromptu sets

- Two of the best & nicest soundmen ever (Craig Black and Mark Hamil) who remained completely unflappable throughout.

- The Offbeats' HLAH cover(s) as a tribute to soundman Hamil, AKA Hidebeast from HLAH in Wellington

- The people trying to get into the show with backwards stamps obviously pressed from their mates' wrists...geez, there's a reason I chose a stamp with words on it...

- The shit-eating grin on Monkey's face when Blake briefly played the "Sweet Child O' Mine" riff at Valve

- Being given loads of cool stuff from Shock Records to give away at the shows...and then completely forgetting to. OOPS! I'll give it away, Kate, promise!

- So To Speak's "Strip Hardcore". Burgers' finest hour.

- Clare & Nicola's "Punkas" patches...nice work!

- Shack420 able to come to venues where he isn't banned

- Meeting lots and lots of people off this board, and finding them all to be damn nice people.

Only disappointment was that Aidan didn't come as Avril Lavigne. And Deadbaby - what was with your dancing where you were rhythmically banging yourself against the PA speaker? I had to keep a close eye in case you brought the whole thing down on yourself.

Awesome nights, loved it totally. Thanks to Ciderman, G, Jimmy, Matt Barnacott and everyone else who put the bands up. Cheers to Davebroob for the help in organising and Esteban for letting everyone use his bass cab over two nights. Especially thanks to everyone who came - thanks to you, everyone got paid, all costs were covered and it was smiles all round. Now I'm just hoping I don't have to pay for the microphone stands mangled during Sommerset's stage-invaded Palmy set (was there a girl sitting there on stage mixing her drinks in the middle of all that??)...

Roll on next year.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:55 pm

"Aian" woop woop

big brown

Postby big brown » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:02 pm

hey matt, what band were you in?

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”