Worldwide Anti-McDonald's Day

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
HTDS

saklfdslkj

Postby HTDS » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:15 pm

so...do we just not eat mc d's that day or something? :?
Well it aint gunna suck itself...

Toots

Cool.

Postby Toots » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:58 pm

Good stuff Gwilym (you are Gwilym, aye Def Kid?). Maybe I'll print some off for the show on Friday. :idea: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet laterz.
:twisted:
Please! Tell me about those fucking golf shoes!

Joe

Mcdonalds

Postby Joe » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:01 am

Don't be surprised if you want to go to Mcd's on that day and it's closed or opening late.

"Sombody put gum in the lock" - "bunch of savages in this town".
Last edited by Joe on Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cancer

Oh boy...

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:44 am

Another chance for the idiotic to try and hinder other peoples right to eat what they please, where they please for whatever reasons they choose (and don't try and sell me that 'advertising is brainwashing' crap cos it's bullcrap)

Man oh man am I gonna eat a lot of McDonalds that day. And anyone who shoves any of their gay pamphlets at me is gonna get a punch in the face.

Grave Dancer

but it's gross shit.

Postby Grave Dancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:47 am

and i think it's just as dumb that you're protesting against protesters by eating shit food. that's reason enough for me not to touch the stuff. have a kebab that day gareth. much better for the soul.

The Cancer

Haha

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:58 am

Mate, it ain't an act of protest - hell I'd probably be eating McDonalds that day anyway. It's just added incentive to support one of my favourite corporations and keep their ball rolling along.

Still, I can't help but yearn for the days of Georgie Pie.

Grave Dancer

yeh well..

Postby Grave Dancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:08 pm

it's not so much about social protest, and i know, you just made it sound like it was. it's more the fact it's way more healthier to eat elsewhere. and i always feel like shit after eating McD's, but never a kebab. i still haven't got salmonella off their chicken, and i'm weening myself onto falafel. which is also really good i might add.

The Cancer

Health scmealth

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:30 pm

If I want health I just go home and grill something up in my recently purchased George Foreman's Lean Mean Grilling Machine - best tasting meat I've ever had in my life. The most succulent chicken, the steakiest steak, rissoles, burgers - there is nothing this wonderous machine can't do. I'd put money on that bastard cooking a whole roast beef in less than half an hour (closing the lid would be somewhat problematic though).

I never feel bad after eating McDonalds - in fact, I feel pretty good as the food, to me anyway, is pretty tasty. But kebabs are also pretty good.

Joe

Mcds

Postby Joe » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:31 pm

Another chance for the idiotic to try and hinder other peoples right to eat what they please, where they please for whatever reasons they choose (and don't try and sell me that 'advertising is brainwashing' crap cos it's bullcrap)

Man oh man am I gonna eat a lot of McDonalds that day. And anyone who shoves any of their gay pamphlets at me is gonna get a punch in the face

Dear Cancer,

You judge an anti-imperialist movement as idiotic, then follow with a homophobic analysis of a harmless fact sheet and describe the outcome of the activists revolt as being a means to physical harm.

I used to eat Mcd's and was curious to what was wrong with conglomerates and globalisation. At this stage I was also pro-capitalism and clueless in the ways of media and politics. I read into it and can now justify my standpoint.

I suggest you read into it, because by your argument, you are either uninformed, or get off on annoying others (If this is the case, Fuck Off).

:) [/quote]

The Cancer

Joe

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:45 pm

This is my INFORMED standpoint: McDonalds tastes good; I HATE anyone who interrupts me in the street to pass on meaningless crap that I'm just gonna bin anyway; telling other people how to live their lives and fill their guts just because you don't agree with how they do so is REALLY LAME.

This is my INFORMED resolution: I'm going to keep eating more and more McDonalds and keep the wonderful wheels of capitalism in motion.

THE END.

Esteban

Oh the good old days...

Postby Esteban » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:56 pm

Now this is what i have been missing!

Ha! Arent you being hypocritical Cancer? If you are going to talk about people having "rights" ( a somewhat rhetorical and pointless way to argue), then arent those who will protest entitled to their "rights" as well? Its easy to talk about rights until you have none.

As for keeping the wheels of capitalism rolling....what do you think of the concept of green capitalism?

The Cancer

Estebanstein

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:04 pm

When did I say people weren't entitled to their right to protest? Just cos I said it's lame doesn't mean I said they shouldn't be able to do it. As long as they're not stuffing their hippy crap in my face and getting all angsty just cos I'm exercising my right to choose where I eat then I couldn't give a crap what they're protesting against - despite the fact I'll still think it's lame.

People should protest against the genuine evils of the world - like unkempt women.

bicycle communique

uh.

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:06 pm

hey Mr. Cancer.

i have seen many-a anti-mcdonalds flyers, and i have never ever seen one that tells people how to live their lives. i HAVE, however, seen ones that point out information that the ordinary mcdonlands eater would probably not of heard. wouldn't it be better if you just told them that you already knew about why they don't like mcdonalds and that you don't care, instead of talking about punching pamphleteers in the face?

and no, i'm not trying to tell you who to live your life, i just wish that people would be a little more sympathetic when it comes to issues where the earth, or animals, or human lives or being harmed.

Eat mcdonalds if its going to make you happy. just remember that their are alot of people who don't like what mcdonalds does, and WILL try to disturb your eating. it is not because they are trying to tell you how to live your live, it is because they are looking at the bigger picture and know that there are alot of things more important than a disturbed 'meal'.
There's a bluebird in my heart

The Cancer

Oh really

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:17 pm

Well as long as they are disturbing MY meal, for whatever reason (however concerned and informed they may THINK they are) there'll be hell to pay.

xmeatlessx

Postby xmeatlessx » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:11 pm

Yeah, i kinda like your attitude Cancer, cause it makes it easier to dismiss you as a moron.
But lets take you attitude further, okay. You want to be free to live you life without being told what to do, what to care about, how to live. Now, assuming that you have followed me so far, lets take this a step further, and assume that other people would want this as well. In fact, lets assume that the 17 y.o. girls, working in a shitty and dangerous factory to help sell McD's food by producing little toys for kids, who are very likely to end up hospitalised as a result of the inhalation of chemicals in the factories, who have no chance of organising for better conditions because of the Free Trade laws in place in their countries, lets assume that they are pretty pissed off at being forced into this situation where they are told how to live, what to do, and that nothign is worth caring about. Hmm...hang on...by taking your attitude to it's logical conclusion, you may actually realise the hypocrisy of support a company who actually works to have negative influences on peoples lives!! heck, isn't that why you hate the protesters? cause they have a negative effect on your life? oh heck..i'm sure your brain is hurting now...maybe you should have a seat.
official member of the keeping it real crew

The Cancer

Oh for fuck's sake

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:25 pm

Was this 17 year old bitch forced into this job? No, she wanted money and she took the job. She wasn't forced into shit. If the stupid slut didn't want the job she shouldn't have applied for it. Shitty conditions or not, if it wasn't for companies like McDonalds there'd be dick-all available labour in these parts of the world so you'd have even more people suffering. I'd go as far as to say that McDonalds being in these places is, in the greater scheme of things, harm-minimisation.

I go to McDonalds of my own free will because I have a mutual understanding with the company that I can buy food and drink and sit and have a meal in relative peace and comfort. Dickhead punkasses coming in and bothering me with their fuckwitted, go-nowhere agendas is not part of the deal, nor should it be.

bicycle communique

uh,

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:33 pm

eer.. Mr Cancer, i think you should re-read xmeatlessx's post. he was not taking about 17 y.o. girls in new zealand or any other 'first' world country taking jobs at mcdonalds. he was taking about 17 year girls working in sweatshops making the toys that mcdonalds serves in their 'happy' meals.

bicycle communique

and

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:37 pm

"I go to McDonalds of my own free will because I have a mutual understanding with the company that I can buy food and drink and sit and have a meal in relative peace and comfort."

jeez, i can think up a whole lot of restaurants that could offer you just that and lot more in a way that would most certainly keep the kharma police away.

Grave Dancer

cancer of my testes

Postby Grave Dancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:44 pm

pete- you'll actually notice gareth actually was refering to people in other countries apart from new zealand. what he doesn't seem to realise is that there isn't a hell of a lot of chioce in third world countries, and the people there aren't necessarily educated in the unethical and dangerous conditions that McD's does set up.

it's easy when you don't actually see the conditions these people are in gareth, to be so complacent about it. just realise there's more in the world than your sheltered little life, and that people are actually getting directly harmed by McDonalds.

bicycle communique

oh

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:49 pm

oh yes, i see my mistake, and must add that his post is twice as idiotic to me now.

The Cancer

Dumb fucken prick

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:54 pm

I knew they were talking about sweatshops in the third world ya fucken retard but the same applies - don't want the job? Don't take it!

The karma police? Well Mother Mary be raped up the arse with a shard of glass - that has to be the lamest thing I've ever heard! I enjoy dining at many fine dining establishments, and McDonalds is in the upper echelon.

And don't be badmouthing the happy meals. I'm 21 years old and still buy the fuckers if they have cool toys with them! Why not so long ago I got myself a cool Lion King figurine. When questioned by a young lad (of probably around 5 or 6) who was sitting nearby 'did your daddy buy that for you?' I merely remarked 'No, but kiddo, count yourself lucky that your Daddy brings you to one of the most magical places on the planet - Mc- fucking - Donalds' (minus the 'fucking', of course) 'count yourself lucky because you could have parents who don't get jobs, spend the majority of their days whining about where other people eat, don't buy you toys because they've been assembled by simpletons in crappy countries and malnourish you by only feeding you rabbit-food'

*dusts off hands and heads off to Micca D's for lunch*

bicycle communique

uh-huh

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:05 pm

yes, i DID infact misread what you were saying about mcdonalds workers. but you know why? because it seems that for a 21 y/o you actually are quite moronic. you think sweatshop workers really have a choice? you know what their choice is most of the time?: WORK OR DIE. and your praising mcdonalds for giving them the jobs? what the FUCK?! do you have ANY idea how much mcdonalds COULD afford to pay them, and ANY idea how much mcdonalds DOES pay them???

i'm not even going to start to tell you whats wrong with your last paragraph. but i will laugh. yes. haha.

steamroller

Postby steamroller » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:29 pm

:lol: dont worry Mr Cancer man, I know your game, I can see see through your warped sence of humour and tell your just crap stirring!! no one could really be that narrow minded! :lol:
bbbbbllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

cynna

Postby cynna » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:37 pm

phew, luckily its not on 95c cheeseburger day.......

The Cancer

Feed Them, Kill Them, Skin Them

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:42 pm

I ain't shit-stirring, I'm just making my point of view clear. Whether or not you think it's narrow-minded is irrelevant - I've got no problems whatsoever with McDonalds apart from the fact that there aren't enough outlets and that SOME branches undercook their meat.

But still, what's an extra bit of blood between consumers and vendors?

And Pete - I assume you're advocating paying McDonalds wagees more? But certainly that would mean a more vested interest in the company, with more potential employees lining up thus more outlets would open up, more toys manufactured, more food produced and more profits made.....the complete antithesis of what you'd envisage for McDonalds surely?

zoe

Postby zoe » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:12 pm

fuck mc donalds is disgusting and the way they abuse what they can make us do and try to get away with it they need a kick up the butt

bicycle communique

yep

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:16 pm

alright. let me try to get answer that question. YES i would like the sweatshop workers to be paid a humane wage, as i would like alot of the other screwed-up things that mcdonalds gets away with to change. and if they did change ALL the bad things about them, i would see no reason not to eat there. (of course, this will never happen). and, of course, this is a catch 22 situation. all in all, i would rather that the slave workers have a decent wage than the shit they're paid now.

also, i cannot imagine that sweatshop pay raises or working conditions changing would effect how much mcdonalds makes. the fact is, if the reason you don't eat at mcdonalds is because you know its screwed up, and have a heart, than changes in the sweatshops would not make you start eating there again, there is so much more that needs to change.

the people who eat there now would still eat there, and the people that don't eat there now, would still not eat there.

Caliban

Postby Caliban » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:26 pm

working for mcdonalds can teach u good business management skills. it seems u can be a manager at a relatively early age there....

talking about rights...shit hasnt this topic been done to death? the first time i ever posted on this board was about mcdonalds. anyways, if u think mcdonalds tastes good and u like the kinda service they provide, eat it. if u don't, then don't eat it. i find it amusing that mcdonalds is singled out from amongst all the fast food chains. surely they rnt the only ones guilty of this so called unconscionable behaviour? biggest=easiest target???

anyway mr mcdonald (forgot his name!) makes his money from real estate and franchising, not selling burgers (to be technical).

what about coke and pepsi? hmmm

perhaps the worst company out there in terms of ethics has to be microsoft...yet u dont see so many people complaining about them as they browse this site using internet explorer (when they could be using nutscrape aka netscape..)

sweatshop labour?? well.....that's economics. if countries weren't so cheap to produce goods in (these countries usually have lower costs of living) then they wouldn't be produced there. humane wages you say? you can't really compare western wages to the wages earnt in these countries...so humane can be subjective. ie it may be humane to pay $4 an hour in africa but most definitely would not be so in nz.

anyways wendys is much better than mcdonalds. altho mcdonalds is one of the best 4am meals u can have on queen st on the weekend. just so easy to eat..even if you've been spewing..

The Cancer

Here here idontmatter!

Postby The Cancer » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:40 pm

Especially on the singling out McDonalds point. Surely something like this is a matter of ethics not enormity thus shouldn't these weiners be protesting against ALL fast food chains and in the bigger picture just about ALL business.....making one corporation a scapegoat is far more narrow-minded than anything I've said.

I agree with you on the Wendys thing too...mmmm bacon cheeseburger with extra pattie, cheese and bacon....delicious. Still, the classic 4am drunken food is a petrol station pie.

bicycle communique

ya

Postby bicycle communique » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:08 pm

i have to agree with both of you on two points;

1. this topic has been debated to death.

2. mcdonalds does get singled out. and i think that is kinda dumb. i mean, i'm not mad that the truth is being spoken, but i do think that burger king and pepsi and coke and 3m and nike and alot of other companies that don't get much hassle, need hassle.

it's kind of the same thing when it comes to political prisoners. i mean, mumia abu-jamal has SO much attention in the media and with humanitarian kids, leorand pelteor has a bit. but what about all the rest?? i think its silly. and i've had discussions with people about it, and we sort of decided that maybe its good that so much energy is being put on what thing, and that an example can be made from it. i don't know... it certainly doesn't mean that we should stop buggin mcdonalds just because we don't bug other fast food outlets as much.

and i think i've said enough on the topic, the only reason i would keep going is if i thought the Mr Cancer might change his mind, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

yep.

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”