hamilto scene

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
User avatar
David xvx Ludd
Posts: 3709
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:19 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Postby David xvx Ludd » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:53 pm

xCaptainx wrote:exactly who they are; amazing people with a genuine love for what they are doing.


Fucking word. I have a huge amount of respect for all the Hamtown kids, and every show I've been to there has been awesome.

Don't listen to the Punkas bitchez and whiners; the kids I've met at those shows have been incredibly friendly. Maybe it's because I have four whole scene points and lots of SXE badges, or maybe it's 'cause they're fucking awesome kids.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

User avatar
SOMEHERO
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Postby SOMEHERO » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:14 pm

[quote="xnowyoudiex"]
Don't listen to the Punkas bitchez and whiners; quote]

looks like ill just have to check the scene out myself that sounds like my best bet see you guys in the pit on sat night at youthzone
http://www.flickr.com/someherophoto
http://www.somehero.wordpress.com
http://www.someherophoto.tumblr.com
Hardcore isn't dead
But my favorite time is gone
Relive those days with the ones I love
Hope that better times will come along

User avatar
no vacancy
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:27 pm

Postby no vacancy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:52 pm

lil_ben wrote:looks like ill just have to check the scene out myself


now that's what i'm talkin bout. you my friend are going to fit in juuuust fine.

User avatar
_Fungus_
Posts: 2761
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:15 pm
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Postby _Fungus_ » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:24 pm

Hey! Orewa's not that bad... my boyfriend used to live there and he's a perfectly fine, well adjusted young man.

User avatar
Dick Dynamite
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Postby Dick Dynamite » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:12 pm

gangsta nigguh hard!!! wrote:except every nigguh in here seems to love me and so many people i haven't met claim they know me/went out with me/ etc...


Bahahaha.

User avatar
SOMEHERO
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Postby SOMEHERO » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:10 pm

Gem wrote:now that's what i'm talkin bout. you my friend are going to fit in juuuust fine.


saweet
http://www.flickr.com/someherophoto
http://www.somehero.wordpress.com
http://www.someherophoto.tumblr.com
Hardcore isn't dead
But my favorite time is gone
Relive those days with the ones I love
Hope that better times will come along

random name
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:34 pm

Postby random name » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:31 pm

Mates using profile.
Last edited by random name on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
no vacancy
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:27 pm

Postby no vacancy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Jimmy Flip wrote:it is kinda elitist and they say you should come up and talk to people well thats the whole fucking elitist thing because the 'in-group' should come up to the new people and talk to them too. Its a two way thing but the elitist (fuck i cant spell it) group are already settled and consider themselves parts of the established scene so people should come up and talk to them whereas if they're so into the scene then making themselves known to people who are new or just someone not so familiar.

Some people just don't have the self-confidence to go up and talk to random strangers, especially the ugly unfriendly fuckers a lot of you look like. Talk to them they might not lack the social skills you claim, its just that they don't rate themselves so high that they feel people will get a buzz from talking to them. So yes, it is elitist, but not in the ways claimed


so.... because you think people LOOK elitist (?!?!?!) and because you have poor social skills and regulars don't walk around scouting out new kids... they're snobs? are you fireal?
are you seriously saying that until people throw parties for complete strangers if it's their first time at a show you're gonna keep calling them elitist? this is fucking pathetic.

User avatar
yvon
Posts: 3167
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:13 am
Location: The Discworld

Postby yvon » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:41 pm

I think the problem is, no one introduces anyone anymore. Once upon a time, if someone you kind of knew rocked up to you to say hi, and you were with a group of people, it was polite to say; " Have guys you met? Whatshisname, this is so and so."
I've noticed that very few people do this these days, unless there's only 3 people in the room or something.
Kids these days don't seem to have manners anymore. :)
Casual observation, maybe all the people I know are just socially inept :)

No wonder I never make any new friends, being so shy and all....
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

Ph!1
Posts: 23848
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:05 am

Postby Ph!1 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:59 pm

well i never had any trouble meeting people, but then i noticed a sort of group who mostly dressed the same who were far far to cool for me.. i dunno if those types are the people that ross loves with such passion, i avoided him at those youthzone gigs for obvious reasons..
(cos i think hes a shitbag :wink: )
perhaps we are all talking about the same people? it kinda sounds that way..

who knows.. i mostly found those shows pretty boring which is the main reason i stopped going, the time i got chucked out, i hadnt been to one in ages.

but yeh, word of advice to the guy who made the thread, dont go plastered and talk loudly about how crap some band is, ahha whatever the truth may be..

:lol:

User avatar
yvon
Posts: 3167
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:13 am
Location: The Discworld

Postby yvon » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:08 pm

It's not highschool people!

Oh wait..... maybe it is..... Is that the Blonde Brigade? Shit.
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

User avatar
BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:52 am
Location: above a subway vent
Contact:

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:18 pm

rock, rock, rock, rock
rock n roll high school

Image
cos were one ciggarette away from being done
one ciggarette away
sure has been fun

User avatar
The Ost
mutton chops
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: 0931

Postby The Ost » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:29 pm

If only.
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

User avatar
geneterror
Six Button Terrorist
Posts: 4913
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:21 am
Location: Auckland City never forgets!
Contact:

Postby geneterror » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:36 am

Here's a concept for the people whining about the old school guys being antisocial...some of us are. I got into hardcore because I am an antisocial people hating cunt :!:
I go to shows to have a good time and hang out with my friends. I'm 29 and really don't feel the need to hang out with a bunch of 16-20 year olds that I have almost nothing in common with. Some people on here ie. xCaptainx, Gem, Joey Normal can attest to the fact that I'm not a complete cunt all the time and try to be friendly to new faces sometimes :wink:
What I'm trying to say in my rambling way I guess is don't call me a snob just because I don't wanna talk to every new person that comes along to a show, I'm a grumpy old cunt that doesn't have much in common with most of the you anyway, deal with it...
Last edited by geneterror on Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
geneterror
Six Button Terrorist
Posts: 4913
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:21 am
Location: Auckland City never forgets!
Contact:

Postby geneterror » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:00 am

Oh and by the way I am neither Vegan or sXe and have never had anyone give me shit about either...
If you think people are judging you on this you are probably wrong and may need to look at your own insecurities or look at yourself. If you get hassled or punched at a show it's probably because you are being an idiot not because you're not vegan/straightedge. If you get knocked for being drunk at a show it's probably not because you're drunk it's because you're drunk at youthzone which is a non alcohol all ages venue...
Half my friends are sXe and are happy to sit 'round with me while I have a smoke ;)
Hamilton has an awesome scene...respect is give and take people and sometimes you have to earn it...
Image

User avatar
The Ost
mutton chops
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: 0931

Postby The Ost » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:14 am

geneterror wrote:Here's a concept for the people whining about the old school guys being antisocial...some of us are. I got into hardcore because I am an antisocial people hating cunt :!:


geneterror wrote:I go to shows to have a good time


geneterror wrote:I'm a grumpy old cunt that doesn't have much in common with most of the you anyway, deal with it...


geneterror wrote:Oh and by the way I am neither Vegan or sXe and have never had anyone give me shit about either.


geneterror wrote:...respect is give and take people and sometimes you have to earn it...


All of this is true with me and many others also...not just hardcore but punk or any kinda show. I used to go to shows only 4 or 5 times a year, come from Orewa, know no-one, sleep in a car, get a bus home for an hour, whatever. Making friends never bothered me, but over the years I ended up meeting heaps of choice people.

Just go to shows to have a good time and appreciate the music. Be respectful of others and you will be sweet. Just don't expect to show up to the first gig and expect hugs and everyone wanting to be your friend. 8)
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

User avatar
SOMEHERO
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Postby SOMEHERO » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:29 am

nicely put both of you
http://www.flickr.com/someherophoto
http://www.somehero.wordpress.com
http://www.someherophoto.tumblr.com
Hardcore isn't dead
But my favorite time is gone
Relive those days with the ones I love
Hope that better times will come along

User avatar
gangsta nigguh hard!!!
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:19 am
Location: Stink pussy ho's is always burning my cock
Contact:

Postby gangsta nigguh hard!!! » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:56 pm

i am an utter cock..i only go to army of darkness shows.

User avatar
ob1 kenobicore
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:02 am
Location: outer rim of hamilton

Postby ob1 kenobicore » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:11 pm

yea come to our party afterwads and meet some of the drunks of hamilton
they are the only ones who come really
positively positive


Image

xVinniex
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:38 pm
Location: Hamilton

Postby xVinniex » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:42 pm

look nicky firstly you talk shit about one of my mates and now your talking shit about my sister ive had enough of this shit you fat cunt you better shut your fuck mouth im sick of all your bullshit dont cry because me and my sister hate you you can still come to shows just dont be a fuckwit about everything you just create these little dramas because you think the whole world revolves around you well guess what kid nobody fucking cares your just another little eyeliner wearing middle class fruit just accept that you are just another face you were never and i quote "influentual in the scene" as it stands very few people other then me mallory and ross even know who the fuck you are


p.s. nice hat cunt

p.s.s. one more little fiasco out of you and im going to make you eat my shit then shit out my shit then eat your shit that is made up of my shit that i made you eat you dolt

User avatar
Dick Dynamite
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Postby Dick Dynamite » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:45 pm

That was a joke post right?

Ph!1
Posts: 23848
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:05 am

Postby Ph!1 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:49 am

i wonder who nicky is? is he one of those goth kids that used to come to the shows at youhzone?
xVinniex wrote:one more little fiasco out of you and im going to make you eat my shit then shit out my shit then eat your shit that is made up of my shit that i made you eat you dolt

8O

see, its vinnies fault, hes picking on this nicky guy and making him feel unwelcome... what a bully.

all the problems in the scene are created by vinnie, thats what i think, tough guy's like him beating innocent goths up.

User avatar
forget_deny
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Hamtown
Contact:

Postby forget_deny » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:32 am

xVinniex wrote:look nicky firstly you talk shit about one of my mates and now your talking shit about my sister ive had enough of this shit you fat cunt you better shut your fuck mouth im sick of all your bullshit dont cry because me and my sister hate you you can still come to shows just dont be a fuckwit about everything you just create these little dramas because you think the whole world revolves around you well guess what kid nobody fucking cares your just another little eyeliner wearing middle class fruit just accept that you are just another face you were never and i quote "influentual in the scene" as it stands very few people other then me mallory and ross even know who the fuck you are


p.s. nice hat cunt

p.s.s. one more little fiasco out of you and im going to make you eat my shit then shit out my shit then eat your shit that is made up of my shit that i made you eat you dolt

Thanks for that Vinnie, it made me giggle quite a bit.

i wonder who nicky is? is he one of those goth kids that used to come to the shows at youhzone?

see, its vinnies fault, hes picking on this nicky guy and making him feel unwelcome... what a bully.

all the problems in the scene are created by vinnie, thats what i think, tough guy's like him beating innocent goths up.

I wouldn't personally call myself a Goth, since I'm not. But other people probably would.

Shep
Posts: 2198
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:16 pm
Location: Wellington

Postby Shep » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:22 pm

FiveIronFan wrote:For a city I think.....they do however have the highest Chlamydia rates in the country, by a long shot.

That'll be because most of Rotorua's teens end up there after high school.

User avatar
HTDS
Posts: 3556
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:15 pm
Location: a place no-one else is
Contact:

Postby HTDS » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:35 pm

I wouldn't personally call myself a Goth, since I'm not. But other people probably would


your not that little guy are you?
That goes to a boys school and wears eyeliner all the time?

Word up Vinnie, I got yo back :evil:
(Training sucks)
Image
Well it aint gunna suck itself...
0274594849

User avatar
SOMEHERO
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Postby SOMEHERO » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:15 pm

ob1 kenobicore wrote:yea come to our party afterwads and meet some of the drunks of hamilton
they are the only ones who come really


and the gisborne grogans :twisted:
http://www.flickr.com/someherophoto
http://www.somehero.wordpress.com
http://www.someherophoto.tumblr.com
Hardcore isn't dead
But my favorite time is gone
Relive those days with the ones I love
Hope that better times will come along

User avatar
_Fungus_
Posts: 2761
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:15 pm
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Postby _Fungus_ » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:48 pm

reid wrote:
FiveIronFan wrote:For a city I think.....they do however have the highest Chlamydia rates in the country, by a long shot.

That'll be because most of Rotorua's teens end up there after high school.


Actually, I think my town has one of the highest rates of chlamydia. It could be chlamydia.... but at the moment, in my school of 550 ish, there are 7 pregnant chicks. And thats just the pregnancies people know about....

xVinniex
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:38 pm
Location: Hamilton

Postby xVinniex » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:56 pm

in reply to everything
ricky no that wasnt a joke post
aidan shut your fat fucking mouth stop having to have a say on everything you cunt
phill yeah i choose to blame me because im so scary aye ahahahah
rosy training does suck and fuck work is even more shit aye 1 interview in 3 hours 8O
and finally nick im glad you see the humour but seriously stop being a fuckwit its really pissing me off i mean its ok that you arent as 1337 as me but that doesnt mean you ahve to be a complete noob at life i mean nn noob buri poison lamer town runner i bet you would put a nef rune in your windforce i mean lol omg

User avatar
Bruticus
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Guadalcanal
Contact:

Postby Bruticus » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:07 pm

Urge to kill... rising
Image
If I had a bag of chips I'd eat them

User avatar
forget_deny
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Hamtown
Contact:

Postby forget_deny » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:18 pm

anti-life wrote:
I wouldn't personally call myself a Goth, since I'm not. But other people probably would


your not that little guy are you?
That goes to a boys school and wears eyeliner all the time?
(Training sucks)

Wrong guy, I'm at uni, not exactly small, not exactly big, pretty much a handy old average. Although I do wear eye-liner a fair bit, among other things.


Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests