nz hardcore? 2nd rate and getting boring fast

All posts prior to 16-04-05 have been archived here.
Soulreaper

Postby Soulreaper » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:55 pm

Dumb cliche time:

Why can't we all just get along!? Despite stupid differences we may have, weather we like to get fucked up or not, enjoy dancing like idiots, skankin' it up or whatever, i think what we all have in common is a passion for expression through music. Why can't we see past silly differences and be united through that love for music. As i think we can all agree that it is THE most important thing in our "scene"s.

How about it?

I love you all.

Peace

ted the bastard

Postby ted the bastard » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:59 pm

Fuck off Hippy! Die!

yvon

Postby yvon » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:41 pm

stateofblood wrote:....World peace will be the day that Metal heads and Hardcore dudes can goto a gig holding hands together and enjoy the show from both sides of the musical fence so to speak! ...

A metaller couple headbanging to Cold By Winter on Saturday at the K.A? (and breaking the semi-circle may I add) = priceless. :D wicked!
"All paid employment degrades the mind."

danny

Postby danny » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:25 pm

i danced like the metalers on saturday

actualy, i danced like a retard would be closed to the truth

Dirty Dancin' Dave

Postby Dirty Dancin' Dave » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:18 pm

I'd just like to say Aiden, that I have never actually heard a hardcore kid dissing ska, or moaning about it like you do about hardcore. Take your pills and find a decent hobby, you're starting to be a nuisance.

(...that's relevant because I've been going to shows for about as long as you've been talking crap on this messageboard, and that is a long time.)

I'm also yet to meet these hardcore kids who are competing to be the coolest, or the whining, backstabbing straight edge kids. Come to think of it, their isn't many on here either. Funny, hardcore and straight edge would have to be the two most bagged things on this site.

Maybe we all need to start going to shows and meeting the people we all complain so much about.

I'm also interested to hear who Kunluce Japroon is, and whether he's actually seen a New Zealand hardcore band, or he's just talking out of a hole in his head, like most suckers on this board.

stateofblood

Postby stateofblood » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm

Yeah true mate....maybe in real life i spose. It's hard to gauge exactly what people are really saying through words on this thing. Anyways yeah you can meet me at the the stronger than hate gigs Hamilton and Auckland when im up in the north island. Id be more than happy to have a beer with ya or juice or whatever.
May seem like im a mean heartless bastard on here but in real life i aint like that....it's the only way to liven up these damn forums!!
Don't give a fuck about your a,b,c's where i come from we are educated in PTHC!!!!

We Tha Muthafukaaz and you should understand, Drinking cheap piss is a fuckin religion!

¡shades!

Postby ¡shades! » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:54 pm

xCaptainx wrote:? I'm pretty sure Kill Me Quickly and other such hardcore bands play with Graymalkin, Forced to Submit, Ulcerate etc etc all the the time, Promise Of Bloodshed did quite a lot, didnt they?

Actually i'm racking my brain - there haven't been any crossover shows (???) since the Four Rounds of Hatred AKA "the Brutal show" @ the K.A would of been the last at that was July. About that time there was a rumour circulating that Evil Priest had vowed only to play hardcore shows, and they have - up til the SAFE show this weekend anyway.
sure Fever Lake/Militia has played a quite a few shows with metal acts, and just as many with indie bands - but i wouldn't label them in with "such hardcore bands".

Damn it get a drummer sorted - there need to be more crossover shows!
and something Graymalkin/Warpath would be KILLAH!

yvon wrote:A metaller couple headbanging to Cold By Winter on Saturday at the K.A? (and breaking the semi-circle may I add) = priceless. :D wicked!

or a couple of metallers anyway... Martin was throwing down!

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:07 pm

xDavidx wrote:I'd just like to say Aiden, that I have never actually heard a hardcore kid dissing ska, or moaning about it like you do about hardcore. Take your pills and find a decent hobby, you're starting to be a nuisance.

Ive heard lots.....mostly in jest, maybe a bit of truth behind the humour...probably a lot like myself. You all seem to take it a bit too seriously, why do you even bother pay attention? I wont ever like hardcore so if I say something on it its not going to be positive.

However, if you go back and read the initial post I tell this guy hes an idiot, and obviously wrong. Eejits.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:03 pm

Danny wrote:i danced like the metalers on saturday
actualy, i danced like a retard would be closed to the truth

Hahaha, that was comical.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

Kunluce Japroon

Postby Kunluce Japroon » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:46 pm

first of all all of you guys need to stop being such whining little crybabys.im not bagging nz hardcore just saying its crappy and inferior if you compare it to the us stuff.

rhydian,14 yo mount girls opinions dont count so shut up

david ive seen your band play a few times i go to youthzone quite a bit if theres nothing else on.otherwise ill just stay in the 'ruru and listen to better music.

but seriously you guys have to chill

I QUIT

Postby I QUIT » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:08 pm

Kunluce Japroon wrote:first of all all of you guys need to stop being such whining little crybabys.im not bagging nz hardcore just saying its crappy and inferior if you compare it to the us stuff.

david ive seen your band play a few times i go to youthzone quite a bit if theres nothing else on.otherwise ill just stay in the 'ruru and listen to better music.

but seriously you guys have to chill

bro who the hell are you?

i went to school in putaruru and have family that live there, and i aint ever seen anyone there who looks like they would listen to punk/hxc..
:: This account will no longer be used or checked (I can't even if I want too) if you need to contact me re: shows message the ANCHOR account or get my number of someone ::

hd steve

Postby hd steve » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:56 pm

Kunluce Japroon wrote:

you better watch your keyboard bitch
ponsonby punk rock

LegDog

Postby LegDog » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:16 am

Kunluce Japroon wrote:im not bagging nz hardcore just saying its crappy and inferior

Wow, usually people need at least 2 sentences before they utterly contradict themselves...

phaedrus

Postby phaedrus » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:38 am

I just like the way he would rather stay in Putararu than go to hardcore shows if the bands aren't american enough...

repulsedX

ha

Postby repulsedX » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:04 am

i find it funny that someone from putaruru is bagging something other than their home town :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will not die even if they kill me.

phaedrus

Postby phaedrus » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:06 am

Putararu - The NYC of the South Pacific ;)

scott penk

well

Postby scott penk » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:17 am

hey all
for my two cents, ive seen plenty of the american hardcore scene, and most of the big and not so big bands. everyfrom from norma jean to NIV to in flames to 25 ta life. and what ive found is that in the american scene, so much of it is just that'scene' and 'scene points', whats cool and whats not, what you wear, who your crew is. the heart is gone.. (not for everyone, obviously, but for a lot of it). i guess thats what happens when hardcore becomes a trend as well... as it is at the moment (bands like throwdown and atreyu playing the ozzfest with slayer and black sabbath..).
this is why so many bands that come down give the NZ scene huge props.. anyone who saw terror would have seen how impressed scott was with it.
im glad to be part of a scene that is still 'real', where hardcore is not a trend or a clothing style, but a real lifestyle. word up new zealand

on a second part, about quality of bands, we have plenty of it. im yet to see many american bands that can rival one must fall, or the from-the-heart performance of kill me quickly

.. thats my emotional spiel for the year. haere ra

rhydian

Postby rhydian » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:40 pm

well kunluce japroon, the putaruru 'hardcore kid', stay home and masturbate instead of coming to shows if they suck that bad. your shit is old and everyones heard it before.

[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:29 pm

rhydian_core wrote:your shit is old

....... it's turning white.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THOSE WHITE DOGSHIT PAINTED LAWNS OF MY CHILDHOOD? WHERE IS THE WHITE DOGSHIT!

FUCK
Make assassinations, not war!

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:32 pm

Invisible 1.5 L coke bottles.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

hywel_

Re: nz hardcore? 2nd rate and getting boring fast

Postby hywel_ » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:44 pm

Kunluce Japroon wrote:i dunno man i just got back from the states and if you think the hardcore over here is good, new jersey, baltimore and new york hardcore shits all over it. i mean i guess its ok for nz hardcore bands to try it out, but they can only fail. 88MPH and Graft Laver from Baltimore are better than all the hamilton bands cept maybe the warpath. check em out

i especially like the bit where you said

i mean i guess its ok for nz hardcore bands to try it out, but they can only fail

because you made it sound as though it were like a martial arts style or something, where emulating a universal style is the only way to become anything. which makes you a fuckin ho'

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:10 pm

i'm posting here to show off my new sig. :wink:

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:15 pm

To be honest, I actually laughed REALLY hard. You put even more effort then last time, I'm impressed/flattered/a tad worried to be honest.

Still, grow the fuck up, seriously.

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:18 pm

hahaha, i didn't make it... be flattered ross, i haven't even heard the warpath ever in my life!

be flattered :wink: , its just a harmless pisstake.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:19 pm

lol I am flattered, dont worry. Still kinda disturbed as well, but flattered, I think. You have way too much time on your hands, lol.

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:20 pm

like i just said, I DIDN'T MAKE IT.. it was sent to my email by a friend.

i think you must have it in for me :lol:

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:22 pm

xCaptainx wrote:You have way too much time on your hands, lol.

says the man with 7183 posts :wink:

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:23 pm

huh? I just said I'm FLATTERED, whoever did it did a good job and because its you whos using it I dont give a flying fuck. You're the one making the effort of trying to take the piss out of me. Pot calling the kettle black perhaps?

[FETUS//ENVY]

Postby [FETUS//ENVY] » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:23 pm

xCaptainx wrote:lol I am flattered, dont worry. Still kinda disturbed as well, but flattered, I think. You have way too much time on your hands, lol.

nah, ive got too much time on my hands

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:24 pm

i was moreso taking the piss out of Dylan actually, but its okay, its all aimed at the whole band i guess :wink:

Return to “All archived posts prior to 16-04-05”