Old AFI albums

Trade, sell and swap your vinyl/CDs/DVDs/God-knows-what in here.
Fiction & Falsehood

Re: Old AFI albums

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 am

yeh its funny how christians like to disown that whole book when it suits them, 'i only follow the new testament' bit of a cop out, christianity has relied on the old testament since its inception.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

arkie

Postby arkie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:43 am

Yeah but technically the new testament is the only 'christian' part. Jesus did say that his was 'a new covenant' with god. So the talmud is in the bible as 'history' lesson more than anything.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 am

who seen new family guy last week with the parents of the sick kid being religious?
Kramer Murphy and Associates

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:04 am

Yeah it was pretty tame though. Last few family guy episodes haven't really been that funny.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 am

xCaptainx wrote:Yeah it was pretty tame though. Last few family guy seasons haven't really been that funny.

Fixed.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am

Lurch wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:Yeah it was pretty tame though. Last few family guy seasons haven't really been that funny.

Fixed.

well, i have just started watching family guy in the last few months (yeah i know :baton: )

i thought it was very good.

Upside down peter? Check
Sexy Peter distracting the guards? Check
Peter who hasnt answered because something has gone terriably wrong? Check

i mean come one !!!!

:baton:

:lol:

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:28 pm

arkie wrote:Yeah but technically the new testament is the only 'christian' part. Jesus did say that his was 'a new covenant' with god. So the talmud is in the bible as 'history' lesson more than anything.

oh ay?

so why 2000 years of using it to base morality upon?

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... a4Ne8crXng
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:44 pm

because christians are pretty consistently retarded.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

arkie

Postby arkie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm

arkie wrote:Yeah but technically the new testament is the only 'christian' part. Jesus did say that his was 'a new covenant' with god. So the tanahk is in the bible as 'history' lesson more than anything.

And why?

I'm with akaxo.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:01 am

um... well my point is that thats no argument, its not anti-christians who brought the first testament to our attention, nor was it the jews for that matter, it was christians, to say they only base their silly wee religion around the second testament is an argument made purely of convenience and worthy of nothing more but a snort of derision and instant dismissal, after all these years of them dodging the whole fucked up mess of it, and the fact that they do often refer back to it, and base a lot of their social structure upon it, i cant see why the outright denial of the patently obvious, can still be treated as a worthy argument.

i know they say jesus is god, but god is also still god, they havnt removed HIM from their pantheon, hes still there with jesus in heaven(jesus is at the right hand of the father, it says so in their little book) and satan in hell, and they all have attendant demons and angels and shit, which obviously arent top dogs, but they still arent humans(even if some of them apparently used to be?) they are all gods of one sort or another, in the older forms of christianity they were worthy of individual worship, but now of course theres only jesus, satan and yaweh in their utterly retarded pantheon...

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 am

so christians follow either the new or old testement?

is it one or the other?

whats the diff?

arkie

Postby arkie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

Christians follow both cosmo, but the two contradict each other in places. A 'christian' should be more concerned with the teachings of the new testament, but as has been pointed out, most of them seem to draw on the old one a lot more (for their morality). As is has been theorised earlier, this is probably because they are consistantly retarded.

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:to say they only base their silly wee religion around the second testament is an argument made purely of convenience and worthy of nothing more but a snort of derision and instant dismissal
Well jesus christ is only in the second one, and the religion is called christianity, so i'd say the new testament is pretty fundamental to the basis of their religion. However if they want to moralise using the old testament they do, despite the fact that jesus may have said something different. I think this could be because they are consistanly retarded.

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:theres only jesus, satan and yaweh in their utterly retarded pantheon...
'God the Trinity' is the pantheon. god in heaven, jesus the man and the holy ghost. Catholics really like the virgin mary and she is essentially worshipped as well. Also some veneration of saints can get to the point of worship. All very retarded.

Ultimately though, there are multiple christian denominations and they all have their own interpretations and differing beliefs (further evidence that they are consistantly retarded).

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:03 pm

how do you know so much about this

?

arkie

Postby arkie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 pm

found that good way to get christians off your back is to point out the inconsistancies.

But shit, its only my opinions / best rememberings from school

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:18 pm

whoich one is this BT character?

False Start

Band members

* Andrew Morrison – Vocals
* Ashley Wills - Guitar
* Vaughn Phillips
* Pascal Jarry - Drums
* Craigen Durrant - Bass

[edit] Past members

* Jim Marshall
* Kev Roberts
* David Wong

arkie

Postby arkie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:he wasnt in the band he was their manager for 5 minutes, during which he promoted them as relentlessly and as effectively as he is doing with BT45, on this, and i can only assume, every other forum he can find.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 pm

whats this dudes name again?

gonna go see if he on the book

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:20 pm

arkie wrote:
Fiction & Falsehood wrote:theres only jesus, satan and yaweh in their utterly retarded pantheon...
'God the Trinity' is the pantheon. god in heaven, jesus the man and the holy ghost. Catholics really like the virgin mary and she is essentially worshipped as well. Also some veneration of saints can get to the point of worship. All very retarded.

Ultimately though, there are multiple christian denominations and they all have their own interpretations and differing beliefs (further evidence that they are consistantly retarded).

satan is certainly in their pantheon, hes not in any other religion after all, and if you include mary as a god, then you must certainly include the literally thousands of other saints who are worshiped in various places, or are you unfamiliar with the practice of praying to 'patron' saints?

christianity might make a nonsensical claim about the holy trinity being one, but that 'trinity' has its roots in paganism, and the 'holy spirit' is more or less just there to make up numbers, it is never adequately explained, and cannot be said to have a personality like jesus or god, therefore it cant be included as a real 'god' figure in the christian pantheon, there are only the 3 gods; yahweh,the chief of the gods and the father of all life, his ex employee who left and started a rival business, satan, and jesus, the son of yahweh and sworn enemy and polar opposite of satan.

if anything satan has a greater claim to godhood than jesus, as he was born a heavenly being and became more powerful, attempting to rival yahweh himself, jesus however was born human, and the notion of his divinity is based on some rather suspect eyewitness accounts, and his own assertions.

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Im gonna jump in at this point and say I like physical product of music, I like covers, booklets, lyric sheets and putting it into my collection in Alphabetical order (And then chronologically within one band). Wether or not it's 2nd hand or paid for, or who gets what money out of it is irrelevant to me, and was a pretty lame point to bring up OP.

AFI were good, until December Underground came out. Check out Redemption 87 too (Hey, let me start my own tangent!)

God isn't real.

Listen to the Dwarves more.

"Im out"
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

daggers

Postby daggers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Nerve Agents are alright too.
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 pm

yes.
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Craig fuckin' Gunn wrote:Listen to the Dwarves more.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:47 pm

akaxo wrote:
Craig fuckin' Gunn wrote:Listen to the Dwarves more.

Thats good advice no matter who you are.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

mat IBR

Postby mat IBR » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:22 am

BroAsHeaps wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:
BroAsHeaps wrote:

Not at all. Actually, based on Genesis, Humans are created in the image of God. Now in our western mindset, most people interpret this to be physically. But actually, the word that 'image' was translated from (tselem) means alot more. We are made in his image not only physically, but mentally, emotionally, etc. Which means our conscience, to a certain point, also reflects Gods moral standard. This is why children, up until an age where they are influenced by a secular society, instinctively know its wrong to lie, steal etc. God gave his law to the Jews because most of them ignored their conscience and did the wrong thing anyway, so God re-enforced his moral standard through the Judaic law, which is where Judeo-Christian morality originated from.

not at all. actually, based on genesis god took humans and made them after his liking. which means nothing was created but something that already existed was changed...
and on a side note: thou shall not steal, lie, etc. means thou shall not steal, lie, etc. from your fellow tribemembers everyone else was excluded...

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:58 am

Welcome to punkas, Shit first post /10
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 am

yeah, if that's your angle, don't come back.

:baton:
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

buckton

Postby buckton » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 am

Oh right, so you can still steal just not from people close to you, I'm down, pop a direct debit form in the mail, thanks.
ImageImageImage

BroAsHeaps

Postby BroAsHeaps » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm

mat IBR wrote:
not at all. actually, based on genesis god took humans and made them after his liking. which means nothing was created but something that already existed was changed...
and on a side note: thou shall not steal, lie, etc. means thou shall not steal, lie, etc. from your fellow tribemembers everyone else was excluded...

Are you kidding? Perhaps you should try actually reading the bible before quoting it.

Genesis 1:27: - 'God created human beings in his own image..'

I dont think the 'Mat IBR translation' is officially recognized.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Get out of here with the church stuff aye.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:34 pm

:mrgreen:
"Look how happy he is"

Return to “Buy/Sell”