Looking to form Folk Metal band

Need band members? A lift to a show? A flat? Here's where to look...
Adam Van Helsing

Looking to form Folk Metal band

Postby Adam Van Helsing » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 am

Hello folks, just on the lookout for people who might be keen on playing in a folk metal band. I'm based in Hamilton, singer/guitarist. Looking to complete the typical band line-up - bass, drums, and possibly second guitar as well (might already have someone keen in that last department). Also, probably a keyboardist too, or even some sort of folk instruments. Most folk metal bands have a black, death or power metal sound mixed with folk, but the direction I seem to have been going in is more classic metal with folk. Open to changing that direction depending on the people who may join. I've given the project the name Ceolskog. Sing about history and folklore and stuff. Here is what I've been working on: http://ceolskog.bandcamp.com

Lurch

Re: Looking to form Folk Metal band

Postby Lurch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:00 pm

I live in Hamilton, have a flute and can pull off the 1970s Ian Anderson thing. I'm not sure if that is a help. Especially as I have no musical talent.

You should do something along the lines of Mael Mórḋa, Primordial or How Far To Asgaard era Tyr. Would be rad. Actually digging Lumsk quite a bit at the moment too.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:32 pm

ask drax he doesn't play an instrument but he's really good at playing with himself

Adam Van Helsing

Postby Adam Van Helsing » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 am

Good old Ian Anderson, love a bit of Jethro Tull. No musical talent? You must have some if you can play flute, I used to be in a band with a flute player and he was probably the most talented member. Never was too sure why he bothered with us actually, maybe he was just being nice, hahaha. Not too keen on Primordial, but I really like Lumsk, Mael Mórḋa and Týr. The Troll album by Lumsk is great. Yeh, I guess those bands are kind of the direction I'm heading in, with the guitar as the main focus.

bruce wayne wrote:ask drax he doesn't play an instrument but he's really good at playing with himself

Hmmm....I think it still counts as playing an instrument, but that's not really the type of instrument I'm talking about.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

I own a flute: I'd be lucky to get any reliable sound out of it. I have however been practicing standing on one leg while holding it theatrically which I think all can agree is the most important aspect of flute ownership.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 pm

skin flute
Uncinia vector

Return to “People/Places Wanted”