Need a job, Hamilton

Need band members? A lift to a show? A flat? Here's where to look...
kettles

Need a job, Hamilton

Postby kettles » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Have just moved back to Hamilton after some wasted time in the hole that is Rotorua. I have a semi-casual/part-time job here but need to find something else to supplement or replace it, before I am forced to grovel at WINZ. I'm a pretty good bastard really and have experience in heaps of different shit. I'm actually a qualified cameraman but that game is pretty quiet at the moment. Have also done some retail, heaps of labouring, AV stuff, have an accounting diploma, know heaps about drums, guitars, sound, and all that shit. Found a covers band that want me to drum for them but it would be a few months until it started providing any regular income.

If anyone knows of jobs available, or even companies in the Hamilton area that take on workers often who I can hit up it would be appreciated x100.

Lurch

Re: Need a job, Hamilton

Postby Lurch » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:45 pm

My friend Meg works at the dump, and reckons they are real short there at the moment. Rock up and ask to talk to Ryan.

Lo-noise

Postby Lo-noise » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm

theres a new joint oppening called red rat on barton st. email asap. they need skater dudes etc.

kettles

Postby kettles » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Chur Reuben. You've been a great help. Sorry we didn't get a chance to have a proper chat at the gig! I'll hit up the dump, might even get to drive something with big ass wheels? That will be choice.

Not sure if I could work at Red Rat, there was one in Rotorua and going in there I felt horribly out of place. I'm nowhere close to what would be considered a skater type. But I can do a sweet ollie.

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Dont hold yer breath mate Ive been looking for 5 years now...
i say all islamic people are welcome, just leave your fuckin shitty religion at the door.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Something tells me that Kettles might have that "can do" attitude that you're lacking.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

kettles

Postby kettles » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 pm

"looking" for five years...yep, tough job market ay bro!!!

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:Something tells me that Kettles might have that "can do" attitude that you're lacking.

Something tells me that you are prejudging me before you have the full details...
i say all islamic people are welcome, just leave your fuckin shitty religion at the door.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Lo-noise wrote:theres a new joint oppening called red rat on barton st. email asap. they need skater dudes etc.

lol

they need "skater dudes" ?!?!?!

:explainittomelikeimfive:

ewhat the fuck is that place?
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 pm

kettles wrote:Have just moved back to Hamilton after some wasted time in the hole that is Rotorua. I have a semi-casual/part-time job here but need to find something else to supplement or replace it, before I am forced to grovel at WINZ. I'm a pretty good bastard really and have experience in heaps of different shit. I'm actually a qualified cameraman but that game is pretty quiet at the moment. Have also done some retail, heaps of labouring, AV stuff, have an accounting diploma, know heaps about drums, guitars, sound, and all that shit. Found a covers band that want me to drum for them but it would be a few months until it started providing any regular income.

If anyone knows of jobs available, or even companies in the Hamilton area that take on workers often who I can hit up it would be appreciated x100.

you a bloke or a gurl

i forgot?

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:21 pm

nazi scum wrote:
ghetto ninja wrote:Something tells me that Kettles might have that "can do" attitude that you're lacking.

Something tells me that you are prejudging me before you have the full details...

well give us the full details then?

do you have a swasticker on your forehead?
unable to piece together a sentence?
some kind of "medical" condition?

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Need to know basis. You dont need to know.

If anything I have too much of a 'can do' attitude.

Kettles, keep us posted on your job search activities, and good luck.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm

What positions have you applied for lately daz?

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm

nazi scum wrote:Need to know basis. You dont need to know.

If anything I have too much of a 'can do' attitude.

Kettles, keep us posted on your job search activities, and good luck.

come on nazi scum if you going to winge on here that no one will give you a job we have the right to ask what is wrong with you

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Maybe he's not a morning person, I feel so sorry for people like that, you know they want to work so bad but they really don't like getting up in the morning, those poor people.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:44 pm

nightshift?

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Maybe he's not a morning person, I feel so sorry for people like that, you know they want to work so bad but they really don't like getting up in the morning, those poor people.

haha, this is actually me...
In a previous job, my boss gave me an alarm clock as a gift, I think he was trying to tell me something... I was even late to my own farewell function...
I'm not much better these days, I turn up late, but work later than anyone else and get shit done.

daggers

Postby daggers » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm

that's not a bad thing if your work allows flexibility, heaps of cunts turn up a few hours later than me at work and still do an 8 hour shift
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

xsfat

Postby xsfat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 pm

oh I work more than 8 hours, and I do make an effort to turn up on time when someone has made an appointment, so it's all good...

Is this part of the problem nazi scum - http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/8 ... ome-return
Or perhaps this - http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industr ... -nightmare

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Just cos Im as good looking as Schrek and turn up for job interviews only wearing a tie, shouldnt make any difference should it?

undercover

Postby undercover » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 am

That baker lady sounds like a bitch from hell - won't take pierced-folk, can't cope with pj pants.... what up with her, no wonder no-one wants to work there

Grave

Postby Grave » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 am

I moved back from Auckland and within two weeks I had a full time and a part-time job, 6 months later upgraded to a better job. 5 years looking? If you're able to work and haven't had a job for 5 years you should run into the ocean and save tax payers money. Hell when I was a hopeless student I had a fuckin job.
...Mind you I lost my job at Open Tomb :-( lol

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 am

having legal issues can make getting a job hard, and altho i interview well, i just cant get my head around the idea of a CV, i have had soooo many jobs, im a good worker, and honest(despite what my record indicates) but staying in a job for longer than a year seems like a kind of imprisonment to me.
consequently finding work isnt always so easy.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 am

Offer stands Phil. Send me all the stuff you've done, and I will build you a basic cv.
You'll never need to look at it unless you need to update it, although you might need to write a cover letter.
Uncinia vector

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 am

Can't get your head around the idea of a cv? Do you need someone to explain the reasoning behind them? Its pretty simple.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 am

thanx serra, i think if i go thru with my winz application they will drag me thru the process for umpteenth time.

aaron, its not that i dont understand its purpose, i just dont feel comfortable making a document big noting myself and my mediocre achievements(consequently highlighting the lack thereof) it seems to me that a CV is a thing that you use to lie about your usefulness in a given job, and the employer is aware that youre doing so... i just cant quite fathom why it has to be that way.

personally ive found the interview is all that matters, if i get along the employer they generally seem prepared to overlook anything from human trafficking to stabbing my last boss with screwdriver, but a one year gap of employment in your resume and you may as well show up to a job interview wearing a right wing resistance tshirt, cos they wont even give you an interview.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 pm

It's just a list, for when they get 60 applicants and need to filter it down to the people they want to interview.
It can include non qualification stuff, like radio communication, risk management (ie, looking down at a river and judging if it is going to be too flooded to cross), ability to work in a team or alone. You don't have to say you are awesome, just that you have ..... skills, ..... qualifications.
Where I have work gaps I just put OE or travel. If you wanted to make it sound impressive you could write 'Personal Development' 8)
Uncinia vector

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:41 pm

but i cant write '3 months on the dole attending punk shows and drinking too much'?

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

you could, sure, but it depends on what the employer is looking for, and if you actually want that job...
Uncinia vector

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

well anyway, i wanna work for myself, im sick of working for others, the dole is fucked too.

Return to “People/Places Wanted”