Flatmate: Hamilton /// Reuben's Drama Thread

Need band members? A lift to a show? A flat? Here's where to look...
Lurch

Flatmate: Hamilton /// Reuben's Drama Thread

Postby Lurch » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Looking for a dweller for our Wendyhouse. Claudelands. Cheap. To live with two brothers and a toddler. Vege friendly. Likes: good food, good booze, good music, good times. We are into bikes, unreliable British cars and League. Applicants must be prepared to submit to phrenology to determine eligibility.
Last edited by Lurch on Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lurch

Re: Flatmate: Hamilton

Postby Lurch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Bump. Flatmate's moving out tomorrow - is getting too much work over in BOP so it makes sense to live over there instead.

The bro wants to save some coin (save for tattoos) so is happy to move outside if you actually want to be inside the house. Couples or solo parents (0-2 years... I don't know if there is space for another pre-schooler) should be ok too. We're open.

House has big north facing living areas, lots of wood, large claw foot bath, insulation and is generally not a shithole. We are pretty well house trained too.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Bump. Our flatty has just lost her job (they've earned their $5000 from WINZ so out she goes) so she is prob going back to crash with her parents or something. This is a bit of a stretch because the only people that visit this site these days are stale old fucks but if anybody is looking for somewhere to live then that is the purpose of this post.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Bump. Brother is moving to Kingsland to further his career ambitions of making coffee and riding fixed gear track bikes through dense traffic. Got an inside room going: $120 for a double or $160 for the master. To share with this boring old fart, my 3 year old (every other day) and a 22yr music student / drum tutor.

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:17 pm

So... Nobody likes to live with you for too long?!

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

hahaha, i have heard him described as the worlds worst flatmate, and that was from someone who has flatted with me.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 pm

This will make three people in the space of 13 months? I'm pretty happy with that, eh.

As I recall it, too, the people who bitched the most about how bad I am to live with were people that never actually lived with me. Now that I don't have intellectually handicapped teenagers threatening me with screwdrivers at work every day I seldom need to vent at inopportune times, either. Problem solved. Being older and less stupid helps too.

Lamb: Did you get somewhere sussed in Auckland in the end? PM if you were still looking to put together a flat and I can chuck you some details for my brother. He is 100% Hamilton Hardcore approved. ;)

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:59 am

Haha whoa defence, I was kidding... As totally don't know ya ;)

Yeah cheers bud, have an awesome house with the best flatties ever.. So many laughs and only known these crazy cats 2 weeks so far!! Loving on life!

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 am

Yeah, Phil was stirring - how could I be ever upset with someone with such a mesmerising avatar?

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:43 pm

i also used to live in a house that chelsea used to visit, often for weeks at a time, it was an experience.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah: I've got 15 more years of it, at least. She is a special flower.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 pm

every rose has its thorn

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Bump. I've made myself out to be a right cunt already in this thread, and prob should just start a new one. But I'm actually only a little bit of a cunt - I can also be quite bearable at times. Anyway: come live with us. Master room. $140. Couples sweet.

Also: my brother is shaking up with his missus. Just before witch hunt begins.

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Lamb wrote:So... Nobody likes to live with you for too long?!

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm

LOL JK
I'd totally come live with you.... but.. not Hamilton :P

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Hamilton is sweet. It is the city of the future after all.

Mainly, though, it is cheap and relatively flat. Plus grandparents = free babysitting. I'm that boring.

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sun May 05, 2013 11:50 pm

lurches ex wrote:My sons father regulary has couch surfers stay at his place. Often beautiful foreign woman will be playing with xxxxxx when i go to collect him. Yesterday, as we were leaving this woman hands me 'xxxxxx's lollipop' in a plastic bag, it's pink and see through and has a real dead scorpion in it. And what's more some of the leg has already been eaten. Now, as I have an irrational fear of whitetails and scorpions give me the same feeling when i think about them, my reaction was to scream in disbelief. Why was she feeding my son a dead scorpion? I thought they were poisonous. xxxxxx's Dad told me not to be a helicopter Mum. Am i being a helicopter Mum?

maybe its cos i can picture it, but this cracked me the fuck up.
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Mon May 06, 2013 8:55 am

I'm all about Beautiful Foreign Women. :)

Yeah, but if it is being sold as a fucking lollipop then it can't be dangerous. And if Stephen Fry says it is ok then it is ok. That shit is good protein, apparently.

What else does she go on to say?

Update on the house situation, for those that give a fuck: My brother has not moved out, again, but his Missus has moved in. All is well.

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Re: Flatmate: Hamilton /// Reuben's Drama Thread

Postby Philfy Vermin » Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am

nah that was it, some of her friends agreed and some didnt, but the conclusion was that its safe and the only real problem was her phobia.
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Lurch

Re: Flatmate: Hamilton /// Reuben's Drama Thread

Postby Lurch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 pm

It's been a couple of months so... I'm at it again. Third time lucky - the bro and his missus have signed up for a place. Maybe they will actually move out this time. We will see.

So there is a room or two going if you want to become part of this epic saga.

Also: I'm out next year, so shorter term is fine. Or if you like the place you could prob set yourself up and take over the lease.

Return to “People/Places Wanted”