Star Wars 8 - best so far

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
Subcide

Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Who's seen it?
Last edited by Subcide on Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

hiv-positive

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 pm

It was pretty much shit.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 am

hiv-positive wrote:It was pretty much shit.

Why?
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 pm

... because it's shit?

The main plot sucks. The side plot sucks. Every build up to anything potentially interesting is revealed to suck. The fights suck. The endless fucking jokes suck. The gorilla walkers on the not-Hoth planet don't do a fucking thing. It's just shit, Rigby.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 pm

hiv-positive wrote:... because it's shit?

The main plot sucks. The side plot sucks. Every build up to anything potentially interesting is revealed to suck. The fights suck. The endless fucking jokes suck. The gorilla walkers on the not-Hoth planet don't do a fucking thing. It's just shit, Rigby.

I will see this tomorrow night then come back and fucking argue with you.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

hiv-positive wrote:... because it's shit?

You're not even talking about the right move. ^^^You described Rogue One

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Did you formulate this brilliant argument during the two hour long chase scene?

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Fantastic argument, Subsy. Really sticking up for the film there.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Dead Kid wrote:Fantastic argument, Subsy. Really sticking up for the film there.

What did you think?

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:20 pm

I don't care for Star Wars, but then I'm fairly indifferent to just about anything remotely resembling a modern action film. Main exceptions are probably Kill Bill and Enthiran...

Sounds like a hoot though:
http://variety.com/2017/film/columns/st ... 202643241/

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 am

You cunts are all wrong. Only this article is real: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-defense/

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Imagine being so desperate to not be wrong you randomly link articles to do your arguing for you.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:12 pm

That's a pretty good link though. A critic sucking a film's dick at least needs to explain why.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 pm

hiv-positive wrote:Imagine being so desperate to not be wrong you randomly link articles to do your arguing for you.

But you're wrong

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am

There's no need to keep posting when you've got nothing worth saying.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:24 pm

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Subcide wrote:I've got nothing so I'll keep posting other peoples retarded opinions.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 am

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:36 am

I like that slash film article a lot. It puts into words a lot of the swirling ideas I had after seeing it today. I enjoyed The Last Jedi but was underwhelmed. I suspect it's going to grow on me with time though in a way that Force Awakens probably won't. I'm definitely curious to see where the next one takes it.

SPOILERS:
I'm fucking glad they killed off Snoke. Who the fuck was that guy? What's his motivation? Where did he come from? Doesn't matter, gone now. Good riddance.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Rizzo wrote:I like that slash film article a lot. It puts into words a lot of the swirling ideas I had after seeing it today. I enjoyed The Last Jedi but was underwhelmed. I suspect it's going to grow on me with time though in a way that Force Awakens probably won't. I'm definitely curious to see where the next one takes it.

SPOILERS:
I'm fucking glad they killed off Snoke. Who the fuck was that guy? What's his motivation? Where did he come from? Doesn't matter, gone now. Good riddance.

Yeah that article captures what I liked about it. In short, I think a lot of the hate is coming from the fact that a lot of unpredictable and unexpected things happened in it.

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Or, you know, maybe it's because of the actual reasons people have stated it sucks?

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:14 am

hiv-positive wrote:Or, you know, maybe it's because of the actual reasons people have stated it sucks?

A bit like your opinion of it.

hiv-positive

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby hiv-positive » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:41 am

How about you actually express an opinion about it instead of resorting to memes and literally making up why you think people don't like it?

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:14 am

i love all this starwars fanboy shit, both the love and hate.

the reasons most people hate it are fucked tho, whats wrong with leia being a captain? hahaha
"Look how happy he is"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:53 pm

hiv-positive wrote:How about you actually express an opinion about it instead of resorting to memes and literally making up why you think people don't like it?

Why don't you stop telling me what to do.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 pm

I enjoyed it but I’m not going to get into an argument about it because I don’t care about other people or their rubbish opinions.

Happy new year ball bags.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Subcide wrote:
hiv-positive wrote:How about you actually express an opinion about it instead of resorting to memes and literally making up why you think people don't like it?

Why don't you stop telling me what to do.

Still can't come up with anything resembling an opinion all these days later?

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Yes I have. Re-read the thread.

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 pm

I see your opinions are made up of memes and articles other people wrote.

Why does it upset you so much that people don't like this movie? Try to answer using your own words.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

hiv-positive wrote:I see your opinions are made up of memes and articles other people wrote.

Why does it upset you so much that people don't like this movie? Try to answer using your own words.

Because I thrive on conflict and like this movie, cuntface!

Return to “Movies & TV”