Star Wars 8 - best so far

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Who's seen it?
Last edited by Subcide on Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:02 pm

It was pretty much shit.

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 am

hiv-positive wrote:It was pretty much shit.



Why?
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 pm

... because it's shit?

The main plot sucks. The side plot sucks. Every build up to anything potentially interesting is revealed to suck. The fights suck. The endless fucking jokes suck. The gorilla walkers on the not-Hoth planet don't do a fucking thing. It's just shit, Rigby.

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 pm

hiv-positive wrote:... because it's shit?

The main plot sucks. The side plot sucks. Every build up to anything potentially interesting is revealed to suck. The fights suck. The endless fucking jokes suck. The gorilla walkers on the not-Hoth planet don't do a fucking thing. It's just shit, Rigby.


I will see this tomorrow night then come back and fucking argue with you.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

hiv-positive wrote:... because it's shit?

The main plot sucks. The side plot sucks. Every build up to anything potentially interesting is revealed to suck. The fights suck. The endless fucking jokes suck. The gorilla walkers on the not-Hoth planet don't do a fucking thing. It's just shit, Rigby.


You're not even talking about the right move. ^^^You described Rogue One
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Did you formulate this brilliant argument during the two hour long chase scene?

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5942
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Fantastic argument, Subsy. Really sticking up for the film there.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Dead Kid wrote:Fantastic argument, Subsy. Really sticking up for the film there.


What did you think?
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5942
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:20 pm

I don't care for Star Wars, but then I'm fairly indifferent to just about anything remotely resembling a modern action film. Main exceptions are probably Kill Bill and Enthiran...

Sounds like a hoot though:
http://variety.com/2017/film/columns/st ... 202643241/
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 am

You cunts are all wrong. Only this article is real: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-defense/
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Imagine being so desperate to not be wrong you randomly link articles to do your arguing for you.

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5942
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:12 pm

That's a pretty good link though. A critic sucking a film's dick at least needs to explain why.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 pm

hiv-positive wrote:Imagine being so desperate to not be wrong you randomly link articles to do your arguing for you.


But you're wrong
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am

There's no need to keep posting when you've got nothing worth saying.

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Image
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Subcide wrote:I've got nothing so I'll keep posting other peoples retarded opinions.

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 am

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Rizzo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:36 am

I like that slash film article a lot. It puts into words a lot of the swirling ideas I had after seeing it today. I enjoyed The Last Jedi but was underwhelmed. I suspect it's going to grow on me with time though in a way that Force Awakens probably won't. I'm definitely curious to see where the next one takes it.

SPOILERS:
I'm fucking glad they killed off Snoke. Who the fuck was that guy? What's his motivation? Where did he come from? Doesn't matter, gone now. Good riddance.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Rizzo wrote:I like that slash film article a lot. It puts into words a lot of the swirling ideas I had after seeing it today. I enjoyed The Last Jedi but was underwhelmed. I suspect it's going to grow on me with time though in a way that Force Awakens probably won't. I'm definitely curious to see where the next one takes it.

SPOILERS:
I'm fucking glad they killed off Snoke. Who the fuck was that guy? What's his motivation? Where did he come from? Doesn't matter, gone now. Good riddance.


Yeah that article captures what I liked about it. In short, I think a lot of the hate is coming from the fact that a lot of unpredictable and unexpected things happened in it.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby hiv-positive » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Or, you know, maybe it's because of the actual reasons people have stated it sucks?

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8

Postby Subcide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:14 am

hiv-positive wrote:Or, you know, maybe it's because of the actual reasons people have stated it sucks?


A bit like your opinion of it.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby hiv-positive » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:41 am

How about you actually express an opinion about it instead of resorting to memes and literally making up why you think people don't like it?

User avatar
9seconds
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby 9seconds » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:14 am

i love all this starwars fanboy shit, both the love and hate.

the reasons most people hate it are fucked tho, whats wrong with leia being a captain? hahaha
Image
"Look how happy he is"

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby Subcide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:53 pm

hiv-positive wrote:How about you actually express an opinion about it instead of resorting to memes and literally making up why you think people don't like it?


Why don't you stop telling me what to do.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9804
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby General Mutante » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 pm

I enjoyed it but I’m not going to get into an argument about it because I don’t care about other people or their rubbish opinions.

Happy new year ball bags.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby hiv-positive » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Subcide wrote:
hiv-positive wrote:How about you actually express an opinion about it instead of resorting to memes and literally making up why you think people don't like it?


Why don't you stop telling me what to do.


Still can't come up with anything resembling an opinion all these days later?

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby Subcide » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Yes I have. Re-read the thread.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1788
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby hiv-positive » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 pm

I see your opinions are made up of memes and articles other people wrote.

Why does it upset you so much that people don't like this movie? Try to answer using your own words.

User avatar
Subcide
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 am
Location: Subcide Webzine
Contact:

Re: Star Wars 8 - best so far

Postby Subcide » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

hiv-positive wrote:I see your opinions are made up of memes and articles other people wrote.

Why does it upset you so much that people don't like this movie? Try to answer using your own words.


Because I thrive on conflict and like this movie, cuntface!

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Image


Return to “Movies & TV”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests