MAD MAX FURY ROAD

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
Rizzo

Re: MAD MAX FURY ROAD

Postby Rizzo » Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Actually... do you know who else is named bruce and has bad opinions?
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sat May 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Rizzo wrote:Actually... do you know who else is named bruce and has bad opinions?

sorry i now repent, I will now just agree with everyone else to conform, fit in and not upset anyone

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODvDwc1XlGE[/video]

Dan Last
Vibe Bringer

Postby Dan Last » Fri May 29, 2015 3:41 pm

Nah, stay just as you are. You're our barometer of taste.
I'm not a cool guy anymore.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Fri May 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Dan Last wrote:Nah, stay just as you are. You're our barometer of taste.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:48 am

Name one thing that is particularly notable about Gibson's performance of Max.

Agnes

Postby Agnes » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:41 pm

His accent was sometimes spot on.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:19 am

Drax wrote:Name one thing that is particularly notable about Gibson's performance of Drax.

his amazing ability to morph into the character of a total cocksucker

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Finally saw this. Thought it was rad as hell. My heart hasn't raced like that while watching a movie in so long. Highly recommended. (Where were all the indigenous Australians though?)
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

Window Licker

Postby Window Licker » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Saw this on the weekend. Amazing, one of my favourite films in a long long time.
Love that men's right activists are having a waaa about it, what the fuck. The scantily clad beautiful women trying to escape sex slavery still needed a couple of men to help them out. Tom Hardy still heads the bill and most likely got paid more, though quite clearly IS NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER. Title role yes, but Furiosa is the lead.
Don't worry white male activists, you haven't lost cultural control - yet.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:29 pm

bruce wayne wrote:
Drax wrote:Name one thing that is particularly notable about Gibson's performance of Drax.

You can't actually come up with anything can you?

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 pm

I thought this was really interesting as well - http://petapixel.com/2015/05/31/the-cen ... fury-road/

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Drax wrote:
bruce wayne wrote:

You can't actually come up with anything can you?

mad mel just simply is mad max there's no need to explain it

....but actually it's much like the Michael graves era of the misfits.....they would have had much more credibility if they had simply called it something else, much like MMRF

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:41 am

You wouldn't be able to explain it anyway you fucking chode. You only think he's the all-time definitive Max because he's the only one who has portrayed him so far.

To some extent I agree with you, but to argue that a decrepit anti-Semite who has been in Hollywood for years and still can't do a fuckin accent or direct a movie for people with a mental age above 12 should be given another shot is straight retarded.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:45 am

I really like Braveheart. But it is a retarded film.

Apocalypto is worse. He's a decent director but he has a penchant for ahistorical, gorewank trash.

Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Finally got round to seeing this the other day. Pretty fucking good I reckon. There were some minor elements that weren't to my taste but overall I think it had good continuity with the look and feel of the older ones while also giving the series a reboot with a whole bunch of new shit. I didn't mind the whole pumped-up action-movie-on-P character of it either.

Among other things, the War Boys were fucking awesome. Those guys are Mad Max as fuck and they pretty much MADE the full-throttle action sequences.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:05 pm

still havnt seen this, might down it tonight since its pissing with rain and i cbf doing anything else.
but despite that i couldnt resist posting here to say:

thank you bruce wayne, for making this thread, not just exist, but excellent comedy fodder.

obviously, like anyone with a soul and breath in my body, i fuckin loved mad max, but i also loved the lethal weapon movies as a youngster, despite ACAB, and upon rewatching them sometime last year i found them nowhere near as good, but still enjoyable, mainly as a nostalgia thing tho, objectively those movies are junk food for the soul.
next time il watch falling down if i want an awesome 90's movie, thats more like a quality dinner.
as far as mels directing, braveheart was abysmal, a total hunk of shit, nothing about it made any sense whatsoever and it was cheesy and embarrassing on so many levels, the movie it could have beem, and the bullshit it was... worse bastardisation of a fantastic story until 300.
i saw the patriot, but i cant really remember it, must have been drinking, it was ok, but a silly movie masquerading as a serious one.
on the other hand, apocalypto was fantastic, love that movie.
"Look how happy he is"

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:29 am

9seconds wrote:as far as mels directing, braveheart was abysmal, a total hunk of shit, nothing about it made any sense whatsoever and it was cheesy and embarrassing on so many levels, the movie it could have beem, and the bullshit it was... worse bastardisation of a fantastic story until 300..

wow interesting conflicting opinions, I can't comment on the historical accuracy of braveheart as I haven't read a full account of Scottish history, but I like it a lot
and few adaptations rarely stay true to the facts
like the worlds fastest indian he never pissed on his lemon tree that was something the director threw in for colour
and he probably didn't stay in a sex motel either

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:11 am

braveheart wasnt inaccurate, it wasnt even based on the history, it just used some names of heroic figures from scottish history and totally misrepresented them, and portrayed the period in a laughably unrealistic fashion.

it was less accurate than the flintstones is in terms of paleontology.

they had william wallace in a kilt for fucks sake
"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:15 am

but i suppose im not really talking about the directing itself, but the bits i can think of like his interaction with his big ass ginga mate, the bruce, and the battle scenes make me think its no good example.
"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:30 am

https://thehande.wordpress.com/2011/12/ ... the-movie/

heres a weak apology for an awful and insulting movie
"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:17 am

. wrote:lucky it's a fucking drama film and not a documentary then, eh?

yeh but people believe its historical, not only that its stupid, and it makes me sad to think people are such gaping mouthed dolts that they can suspend their disbelief long enough to enjoy that barrel of turds, cos really, i am only surprised it didnt have barney the dinosaur and ozzy osbourne riding a dragon in it.

retarded movie.
:baton:

anyway, i watched the first two mad max movies last night(havnt seen since the 90's), wont be watching the rest til the weekend probably, but i did want to say that being disappointed the guy who played the extremely campy toecutter wasnt as menacing in fury road is... i dunno, just a stupid opinion to have.
"Look how happy he is"

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:14 pm

. wrote:seriously though - apocalypto is 9.5/10 good. underrated as all fuck.

Finally got around to watching this, good flick.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:33 am

I fapped. Thought Tom Hardy was way better than Mel Gibson and fully support digitally replacing him in the earlier movies if only because it would piss people off.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:36 pm

fury road was amazing, especially directly after watching beyond thunderdome which was probably the weakest mad max movie in my newly revised opinion, i watched it on a system that had volume issues, and with some chatting girls, so i want to watch it again(and again) to catch some of the dialogue i missed.

but fuck me, i loved every second of it, the MRA complaints about it being some sort of feminist takeover of hollywood are just a teensy bit exaggerated(are they even real?) they are gunna be even more pissed off when mad max: furiosa is released.
the vehicles were amazing, the cast fantastic, tom hardy was excellent at reprising mel gibsons wooden performance as mad max, hugh whatsit was far more terrifying as immortal joe than his toecutter character, i really cant understand the criticisms, it was a fucking awesome movie, the best mad max movie so far, and possibly the best movie ever, haha.

thanx for downplaying it for me a bit tho bruce wayne, i had mostly heard it was fantastic, so it helped to hear a negative opinion so i didnt expect too much.
"Look how happy he is"

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Got the PS4 game today and it came with Fury Road on Blue-ray. SAWEET!!

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:02 pm

. wrote:
Lummoxgrinder wrote:Got the PS4 game today and it came with Fury Road on Blue-ray. SAWEET!!

i didn't pre-order, just went to grab it from the ps store and it's disappeared completely? can't search for it, doesn't show up under all games. weird.

ewwwww digital copy. Like the feel of having something even if it is only a $0.10 disc.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:59 pm

i used to, but then i looked at my pile of 360 games and thought meh, whats the point, rather not have to switch that shit out just to change game.

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:29 pm

. wrote:physical copies are a pain in the fucking ass. it copies the whole game to hdd anyway but you can't play without disc in. takes up shelf space. there isn't a single benefit to them. the ps store ecosystem is one of the best things about the ps4 i reckon.

I only play a small handful of games. And when I do the disc is usually in the console until I have finished said game or I am over it. GTA5 was in my PS4 pretty much since it came out. Have played a couple of other things but not much. Waiting for FO:4 and that will live in my console for a couple of years. I don't get much time to play games between work/family/pedals/other shit. So I don't have an issue with swapping out a disc every 6-12 months. I bet you hate vinyl too because it takes up room and you have to turn it over.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:50 pm

having a chipped ps3 was great, just borrow mates games and copy them, only game i bought was GTA5 which i bought on the day it was released, and sold a few days later.

fuck physical copies, also dont give any shits about vinyl, pretentious shit, give me a poster or a tshirt, isnt that enough of an 'artifact'?

you may as well just buy a piece of cardboard with the bands logo or whatever on it, and have the music on ssd
"Look how happy he is"

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:25 pm

I thought this was a mad max thread. apparently the game is pretty good, got it for 25 bucks today
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Return to “Movies & TV”