Fallout:Lanius

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
buckton

Fallout:Lanius

Postby buckton » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Dunno if geek forum or this was better, continue.

Fallout: Lanius is the blood soaked origin story of Legate Lanius, the primary antagonist from 2010's Fallout: New Vegas.

The story: 'On the brink of ruin, the Hidebark people are about to be wiped out by the slaving organisation, Caesar's Legion. However, their most ruthless warrior would prefer death to dishonour. "Fallout: Lanius" will recount how a single man brings ruin to his people due to his lust for bloodshed and victory.' 

We are a group of experienced and passionate filmmakers from Australia, who want to bring this exciting and gory tale to life. To do this, we need to raise $10,000 to cover production costs.

The film will be more than just another Fallout Fan Film. We want to create a small piece of cinema from the Fallout Universe - and we need your help to do it.

We have also secured Original Fallout Voice Actor Mitch Lewis to reprise his role from "Fallout: New Vegas"!

http://www.indiegogo.com/FalloutLaniusFanFilm
ImageImageImage

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Re: Fallout:Lanius

Postby snuff » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Keen
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:21 pm

That Nuka Break serial was pretty cool.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

buckton

Postby buckton » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 pm

DAAAYYYUUMMMM!!!!!1!!
ImageImageImage

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:35 am

Looks like potential.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Chicks with guns always does it for me.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm

uuuhhhhh cosplay

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Is it still cosplay if you've got a script and some cameras?
ImageImageImage

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm

not sure what GD meant. All movies based off something are cosplay? or what?
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Pretty sure it's only cosplay if you're doing everyday activities or going to nerdy expos, if you're making fan fiction it becomes acting, maybe cosplacting. Anyway the screencap was from the thing that GM told us about, I was just doing the CK thing with it. Lanius seems like it will have better production values than the Nuka-Cola shorts although they weren't bad for fan fiction.

Ok it probably is still cosplay.......Maybe.
Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure?), short for "costume play",[1] is a type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centred on role play. A broader use of the term "cosplay" applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context.
ImageImageImage

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Problem?

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 am

1) cosplay was originally a sex thing as far as im aware, costume role play, it wasnt the same as live action role play, where people wear a stupid plastic helmet to play dungeons and dragons, people dress up like cartoon characters and have sex, because theres few limits to how weird people are.

2) im pretty sure grave dancer was referring to the fact that the costume in the movie looked cheap and tacky, like cos play costumes(which are seldom actually cheap i understand), it looks like cosplay, and furthermore perhaps he was implying that despite it being a movie, its just so nerdy that it isnt much more than filmed LARPing.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 am

I stand by the Nuka Break series as successfully capturing the cartoonish atmosphere of Fallout in live action. They pre-date and are different from this Lanius thing. The above picture with the raider woman and the Vault guy is from the former.

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 pm

General Mutante wrote:I stand by the Nuka Break series as successfully capturing the cartoonish atmosphere of Fallout in live action. They pre-date and are different from this Lanius thing. The above picture with the raider woman and the Vault guy is from the former.

Nuka break is very cool. Looking forward o the next season of it

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:2) im pretty sure grave dancer was referring to the fact that the costume in the movie looked cheap and tacky, like cos play costumes(which are seldom actually cheap i understand), it looks like cosplay, and furthermore perhaps he was implying that despite it being a movie, its just so nerdy that it isnt much more than filmed LARPing.

more the first part, but yeah - I mean, I'm pretty ambivalent about this; it could still be cool and a bit of fun, but the dude in the vault dweller costume just looks like your stereotypical chubby nerd getting excited about dressing up....

but keeping that in mind, it could still be neato for a wee fan made production.

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm

They're nearly halfway with fundraising, might chuck $10 in, supporting independent film etc.
ImageImageImage

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:35 pm

I put some of my cash towards Nuka Break series 2 since it ended on a cliff hanger, and also an interesting serial about a lost secret Soviet Mars settlement gone wrong. Probe, I think it was called. I haven't checked back on it since but I should because it was getting good.

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 pm

yeah that had that cunt that looked like greg from dharma and greg.

edit...pioneer one.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Movies & TV”