Dexter - 5x

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
Devon

Re: Dexter - 5x

Postby Devon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:59 am

Pretty good episode. Plus it's really predictable so I keep ruining it for the missus, haha.
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi

jords

Postby jords » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 am

shit is picking up! really interested in the quinn capture dexter storyline, also hoping there are a few guys left for dex to kill not just jordan. 4 more eps!

jords

Postby jords » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:05 pm

2 more eps!

so it's a race the copes vs dex first the mr chase. and also will Dex find out he is being watched?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:38 pm

jords wrote:shit is picking up! really interested in the quinn capture dexter storyline, also hoping there are a few guys left for dex to kill not just jordan. 4 more eps!

Dexter and Lumin get Jordan Chase
Quinn gets the detective type

Everyone gets away with it in the last half of the final episode.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

The Face

Postby The Face » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah that's probably the plan, although I hope Chase gets Lumin first.. Annoying character.

Kinda hope Peter Weller lives to season 6, but don't see it happening.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:31 pm

See, my flatmate and I both like Lumin as a character. She's far more interesting than pretty much every other temporary protagonist the show has had (bar trinity). The whole bonnie and clyde/ian and myra thing is pretty cool too. I have no doubt that at the end of the season she'll disappear though.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah I've actually found myself quite liking the Lumen character now. Although who the fuck would go back and watch that DVD of themselves. Definitely some of the most disturbing stuff to happen in this show has happened over the last few weeks.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 am

I reakon she's known about Dex's hobby since before they met.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 pm

oh nah i reckon that the police will probably solve this one for a change eh guys.

Seriously though...I reckon Lumen will get nabbed, but then get let off because...well, fair enough really. And she wont dob dexter in cause they're in love. Then i also reckon they're building him up to be redeemed. The program has to finish sometime, and it's either than or some heart-wrenching story of deb figuring it all out.

Really hope the police get to solve a crime and catch a criminal for a change though.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 pm

What happened to the mexican decapitator cunts anyway? One of them is still on the loose arent they?

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 pm

never to be heard from again...

geneterror
Six Button Terrorist

Postby geneterror » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 am

FC wrote:What happened to the mexican decapitator cunts anyway? One of them is still on the loose arent they?

Suzannah and I were discussing this while watching the last ep. It's almost like the whole mexican decapitator cunts thing was a plot device to get Debs put into the file room to discover the multiple DNA traces and further the barrel killers main storyline.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:50 am

That would be fine if it was just one killer and they killed him. Maybe it'll resolve itself at the end. I certainly hope so, for the writers sake.

[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:59 pm

(cbf googling) is there a season 6 on the way? I reckon this would be a great way to tie up the whole show -- Dex gets redemption for Rita by fully sharing his life with Lumen & saving her;

meanwhile, Debs & Quinn figure out Dexter via RoboCop -- but they whack RoboCop because he's bad & they have to protect Dex, thus getting back in on the show's central theme of "when is it OK to murder someone"?

Full circle, Deb / Dex / Harry bonding scenes, goes out with a happy !bang!
Make assassinations, not war!

Devon

Postby Devon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 am

... I reckon Lumen could've fucked his shit up... Or did he have a gun?
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 am

After watching the previews last night, I reckon Deb might even catch Lumen, but let her go, because of memories about what she went through with the Ice Truck Killer.

The Face

Postby The Face » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Laters Robocop.

Finale is looking to be a banger, wish I didn't see the preview for next week though.

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 pm

That's a pretty good theory i reckon aids.

I hate having to wait whole weeks between episodes....grrrr.

jords

Postby jords » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:34 pm

intense ep, guessing that was the closest the Dex has been to being caught. Was that Quinn I saw in a interrogation room? maybe he gets framed for the cops death and then becomes the antagonist in season 6?

The Face

Postby The Face » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Quinn's definately going to end up in trouble over Liddies murder - they wouldn't have had the blood drip onto his shoe if it wasn't a setup.

Also, the way they cut the 'preview' had deb busting into a room telling someone to Freeze, and it turning out to be Dexter - surely that can't happen. Then again, if Deb is going to catch Lumen, she'll connect Dexter as the male help anyway.

Shit's gon get nuts.

jords

Postby jords » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:12 pm

I hope they don't throw away the idea oh how sloppy Dexter has gotten this season. first the guy running away, the foot tracks in the back yard, getting tasered etc all coming back to helping lumin. seems he is not the same with someone else. He had this trouble when helping Miguel Prado in season 3.

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 pm

The Face wrote:Also, the way they cut the 'preview' had deb busting into a room telling someone to Freeze, and it turning out to be Dexter - surely that can't happen.

Yeah I think that was just fancy editing to get people speculating.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 pm

jords wrote:I hope they don't throw away the idea oh how sloppy Dexter has gotten this season. first the guy running away, the foot tracks in the back yard, getting tasered etc all coming back to helping lumin. seems he is not the same with someone else. He had this trouble when helping Miguel Prado in season 3.

Are you kidding? It's not like he was making sound decisions before he me Lumen. He's been millimeters away from being caught hundreds of times now...since season 2 in fact.

Dude should really just stop wanting to kill people so much.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Like 3/4 of the last ep was solid as, last bit was soooooooo piss weak
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:06 am

How come deb got congratulated for "busting open the barrel girls case"?

They didn't catch anyone, or find jordan's body. They pretty much just gave up on it. And what about the other blonde lady's murder....no one's gonna care about that one either i take it?

Thought it was a pretty average last episode tbh.

The Face

Postby The Face » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 am

Sloppy sloppy writing - I had a bigtime anticlimax with this episode.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:53 am

Dunno how else they were going to tie up all the loose ends. Did find it a little silly they got rid of the body in the hour.

The Face

Postby The Face » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:01 pm

I dunno bro, while I'd never point to dexter for believability or continuity, but just off the top of my head.....

- Dexter simply stating it wasn't Liddy's blood was enough to get him off the hook? C'mon, with all that La Guerta was houding him about just before? The phonecalls, the gear hired in his name,

- Dexter rents a hotel room next to the body guard. Guard goes missing and the fucking door between the 2 rooms is destroyed. No one even questioned it.

- What happened to that other mexi slasher?

- Dexter crashes the red car at chase's murder scene, walks out of the car bleeding. So either this car was never found or miraculously he didn't bleed in it?

- 2 scissor cuts to the bottom of DVD #13 and the whole thing is irretrievable? Not a single still shot or anything?

I dunno, keen to see what happens in Season 6 - but this was no season 4 here..

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:12 pm

The Face wrote:
- Dexter simply stating it wasn't Liddy's blood was enough to get him off the hook? C'mon, with all that La Guerta was houding him about just before? The phonecalls, the gear hired in his name,

- Dexter rents a hotel room next to the body guard. Guard goes missing and the fucking door between the 2 rooms is destroyed. No one even questioned it.

- What happened to that other mexi slasher?

- Dexter crashes the red car at chase's murder scene, walks out of the car bleeding. So either this car was never found or miraculously he didn't bleed in it?

- 2 scissor cuts to the bottom of DVD #13 and the whole thing is irretrievable? Not a single still shot or anything?

These were all things that pissed me off individually, but I guess I just ignored them as far as the season was concerned. The santa meurte killer getting way annoyed me the most, because it could have easily been both of them shot, or just one person, and the whole thing COULD have been put to rest with the nightclub shooting. The door being smashed I just forgot about, but you are right, there is really no way he could have gotten away with that, even with a fake name. It's pretty suspect that Dexter didn't get caught last season though too, I mean at the end it was getting a bit silly.

I guess Quinn could be let off, because he explained how there were connections between them, and plenty of people knew they were talking, and Dexter could have gotten rid of all of the blood, I suppose. Still kind of lazy though. The laptop in the ocean right beside the van was kind of stupid too.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: the laptop, it looks like he's holding the HD when he walks away...

Return to “Movies & TV”