Ultimate Figher:Heavy Weights

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
kimura

Ultimate Figher:Heavy Weights

Postby kimura » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Enjoying it so far...

Bit gutted that Rampage is having a bad run, but I guess thats brains over brawn, not impressed by Big Country V Kimbo...demonstrated some good takedowns but not exactly requiring a ref stoppage due to ground and pound, try smother and slap, ah well rules are rules.

Favourites to win?

EDIT: I know I spelt the topic wrong.
Last edited by kimura on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mugabe, Robert

Re: Ultimate Figher:Heavy Weights

Postby Mugabe, Robert » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:49 am

This thread should be in the SPORTS FORUM. Did you have fucking trouble finding the fucking SPORTS FORUM????
Man: "Ugh, help, someone help me. I've been shot in my car and I'm dead."
Man 2: "Fuck up you cunt."
"Wheres your car now Falcone?"

Bruticus

Postby Bruticus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 am

I've only seen up to the Kimbo fight and haven't been siked on any of the fighters. Rampage is the only reason to watch
If I had a bag of chips I'd eat them

ruff

Postby ruff » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:59 am

Holy shit Rampage is a funny.

McSweeney to win.

kimura

Postby kimura » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 am

Rampage has me struggling to breath half the time im watching him,
Also suprised at how much of a sweet dude Kimbo is...much respect to him.

Can't stand big country, though he is a favourite on Sherdog :(

Barrel Of Death

Postby Barrel Of Death » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 am

Was gutted how Wes Sims got choked out so fast, apart from that imo its been a average as season, hopefully marcus jones kills somebody cause thats all im looing forward to. Also in the preview for the next ep it looks like "tittys" gets in a tough with rampage and mc Sweeeney which looks pretty funny. :lol: :o They should deff bring on another lightweight season after this, that was by far the crazyest and best season of TUF!
Last edited by Barrel Of Death on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yo MUDA FUCK YO!!!

The Face

Postby The Face » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:18 am

Show's been pretty interesting - Rampage is entertaining sure, but a rubbish coach - Rashad has impressed me with what a classy dude he's been with his coaching.

Also, don't really like how on the nuts they've been with Kimbo - at least he's kept humble about it, but the hype put on one dude who's all in all a pretty shit mixed martial artist is unreal..

A lot of cans in the house.

Gronk

Postby Gronk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 pm

This Season was definately set up as a huge Kimbo hype fest. Kind of fail since he got beaten so early. Wouldn't mind seeing him work on his ground game and giving it another go.

Can't see the rest of the season being that exciting, amateur Heavy Weights are a bore to watch especially since they tire out so quickly.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Kinda lame knowning the Rashad and Rampage aren't gonna fight at the end.

Rampage looks like a shit as coach but they could just be editing the show to look that way.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kimbo gets a UFC contract at the end of the season even though he lost his fight. Apparently the Kimbo vs. Big Country fight pulled the most viewers for an episode of TUF ever.
cool guy69 wrote:last nite my nutter of A flat mate was in the kitchen making a feed,what ever i couldnt give a crap but tthe bloody doofus not only leaves the element on but he wedged two knives in there wtf?? luckily i was therre to run them under cold water , talk about A bloody fire hazard. i had to wipe the bench down after he had spilled herbs all over it as well Lol ah well thats flat life for u eh

Barrel Of Death

Postby Barrel Of Death » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Adam The Muss wrote:Kinda lame knowning the Rashad and Rampage aren't gonna fight at the end.

Rampage looks like a shit as coach but they could just be editing the show to look that way.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Kimbo gets a UFC contract at the end of the season even though he lost his fight. Apparently the Kimbo vs. Big Country fight pulled the most viewers for an episode of TUF ever.

He allready has, is fighting on the TUF10 Final card opponent is TBA tho, most likely someone from the show.
Just finished watching the latest epsiode with TITTYS!!!! lol Rampage is pretty crackup shit coaching but is entertaining to watch on the show.
Yo MUDA FUCK YO!!!

The Face

Postby The Face » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:59 am

Barrel Of Death wrote:
Adam The Muss wrote:Kinda lame knowning the Rashad and Rampage aren't gonna fight at the end.

He allready has, is fighting on the TUF10 Final card opponent is TBA tho, most likely someone from the show.
Just finished watching the latest epsiode with TITTYS!!!! lol Rampage is pretty crackup shit coaching but is entertaining to watch on the show.

Yeah, that's not to say he's back in contention in the show - most of the dudes in the house fight again for the finale - grudge matches etc etc...

TITTAYS

Sebaz

Postby Sebaz » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:49 am

This season is great so far! 2 complete choke outs, best cut ever and Rampage getting owned every episode.

Of course Roy Nelson is the favourite he's been a champion before in the IFL and has fought some of the best guys in the world. Sure he got messed up by these guys but at least he's fought them. Don't be fooled by the flab he has got great skills as was evidenced by his complete shut down of Kimbo - who by all reports still can't fight for shit after training at American Top Team in Florida for 3 months after the show.

I love seeing Rampage lose his shit more and more every episode. He's pretty much given up the coaching part. I am just so very bitterly disappointed that he wont be fighting Rashad because I firmly believe that Rashad would smash him brutally. Never fear. I have absolute confidence his acting career will turn to shit and he will be back to fight to earn the only good money he will ever find.

deh

Postby deh » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Pretty sure he'll come crawling back to Dana White when the movie offers stop. This series has been bit of a bore, favourite to win would probably be Big Country, not really keen on watching heavyweights tho, they're just slow and gas too quick. Over rampage and his bad breath jokes, been going on for waaaaay to long. Tiki is fuckin annoying aswell.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

deh wrote:not really keen on watching heavyweights tho, they're just slow and gas too quick.

Hard.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Gronk

Postby Gronk » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 pm

The end of ep 07 is crack up. Rampage

hate and wedges

Postby hate and wedges » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:23 am

bummed out wes sims got choked so quick, although hilarious. have been getting into ufc through fuckin old [40-60] dvds and he featured on a few. ufc should keep him around as a punching bag/ easy loals.

The Face

Postby The Face » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:21 am

ghetto ninja wrote:
deh wrote:not really keen on watching heavyweights tho, they're just slow and gas too quick.

Hard.

The fight on ep7 was fucking disgraceful, just out of shape pieces of shit. Gassed so fast.

erinfection

Postby erinfection » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:21 pm

The Face wrote:Rampage is entertaining sure, but a rubbish coach - Rashad has impressed me with what a classy dude he's been with his coaching.

word
BLUEPOWERADE wrote:If you havent set a brown eel free you havent lived.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:07 pm

pretty sure those dudes would've died in the octagon if they had to go another round. How can they call themselves professional fighters?
cool guy69 wrote:last nite my nutter of A flat mate was in the kitchen making a feed,what ever i couldnt give a crap but tthe bloody doofus not only leaves the element on but he wedged two knives in there wtf?? luckily i was therre to run them under cold water , talk about A bloody fire hazard. i had to wipe the bench down after he had spilled herbs all over it as well Lol ah well thats flat life for u eh

deh

Postby deh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 am

this season is looking to be the worst in tuf history.. even with kimbo

kimura

Postby kimura » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 pm

The fact that the UFC is bringing NFL stars in just to make a point about how MMA is the next big/cool thing has ruined the quality...

These guys with jack all experience and next to no track record in any martial arts let alone MMA, just ruins the whole show for me...seeing them learn basics for the first time while on TUF is pretty wtf.

More keen on DREAM lately, but sad to see.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:48 pm

hate and wedges wrote:bummed out wes sims got choked so quick, although hilarious. have been getting into ufc through fuckin old [40-60] dvds and he featured on a few. ufc should keep him around as a punching bag/ easy loals.

Way to become my dream girl Nellie. If youre ever back these ways I'll make you a dvd of early Pride stuff, so mean.
fagets, right.

kimura

Postby kimura » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 am

Pride was awesome...I remember being all OMFG when I first saw Rampage do an epic slam for knockout.

People should checkout Shinya Aoki VS Fedor exibition...for a light weight he handled Fedor better than most heavy weights..

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 pm

kimura wrote:Pride was awesome...

Fuck yeah. I loved the period when Kazushi Sakuraba was owning the Gracies one by one. Such a shame that he and Rickson didnt scrap. Gary Goodridge was the ultimate punching bag for Pride, so many hilarious losses.
fagets, right.

deh

Postby deh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 am

episodes arent really getting any better.. and neither are the fights.

they should fuck the UFC off for a couple of seasons and do some WEC Ultimate Fighter.. 145lb/135lb would be alot more entertaining that whats been happening now, and would really help the WEC brand.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:37 pm

It's about time there was a knock out. These guys are actually really boring to watch fight. They're so slow and they get gassed really quickly.

WEC ultimate fighter would actually be awesome.

kimura

Postby kimura » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:44 am

I would be more interested in a Strikeforce or Dream reality thang, thinking Strikeforce would appeal more to a western audience than Dream though.

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:
hate and wedges wrote:bummed out wes sims got choked so quick, although hilarious. have been getting into ufc through fuckin old [40-60] dvds and he featured on a few. ufc should keep him around as a punching bag/ easy loals.

Way to become my dream girl Nellie. If youre ever back these ways I'll make you a dvd of early Pride stuff, so mean.

I agree with everything here.
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

primebeef

Postby primebeef » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:01 pm

WEC ultimate fighter would be an AWESOME idea.
Im really enjoying these events more than the UFC's lately.
The speed and ground games of these guys are always great to watch

Rizzle By Wizzle Bitch

Postby Rizzle By Wizzle Bitch » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 am

what happened to ep 11?

Return to “Movies & TV”