Heroes - Season 2

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
Lizbin

Postby Lizbin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:45 pm

Lumberjack Nathan is awesome. When does origins start?

I was totally waiting for claires toe to not come back and fully confuse her and make her think she was all shit, but really it would be like what the teacher said and the pinky has become redundant like the appendix so the body only rejuvenates what is necessary.

And why didn't she bleed? He toe came off like a dead person. (Not reading anything into this, I reckon its just a fuck up).

I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.

YouAgain

Postby YouAgain » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:54 pm

What are the chances that Kensei is still alive in modern time, with his healing powers and all? can Kensei/Claire die of old age?

MuscleMan
smut peddler

Postby MuscleMan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:09 pm

maybe kensei was linderman.. and hiros time travel was pre-destined but that would create a pretty mindwarping paradox.

dont want to think about this while im stoned.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:41 pm

crunk hunter wrote:maybe kensei was linderman.. and hiros time travel was pre-destined but that would create a pretty mindwarping paradox.

dont want to think about this while im stoned.

Linderman wasnt a rejuvinator I dont think, he was a healer, otherwise he would be sweet with the hand in brain thing.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

robb dogg
da ranui stink f00t

Postby robb dogg » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:03 am

i think nathan feels stink cause he thinks peter is dead. no big brainer there. i wanna know what happened to cam whore mum and fix my computer kid. and is sylar the next magneto? hot balls.

bitches get stitches

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:32 am

YouAgain wrote:What are the chances that Kensei is still alive in modern time, with his healing powers and all? can Kensei/Claire die of old age?

Kensei does come to the future, either via Hiro or by just staying alive. so yeah, i assume hes immortal. the same way they cant give an accurate age to wolverine cause he doesn't change.

i think it would work that you age until your prime, then once you hit that point you stop aging because your body will repair any dieing/aging cells but not create new ones.

Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Postby Tacotistk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:08 pm

robb dogg wrote: i wanna know what happened to cam whore mum and fix my computer kid

hahahahhahaha

the croc

Postby the croc » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:19 pm

JeffHJ wrote:
the croc wrote:
PertHJ wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Yeah, I reckom it was just a "seeing my guilty concious in the mirror" fairly standard tv metaphor.

yeah I never considered it might be something else

Oh real. Hmmmm.....dunno if I buy that. Cause after she showed that photo with the symbol on it which she got in EP1 which Hiros dad got as well, which means they die within 24 hours. I reckon someone was trying to murder her but got interrupted.

wait I was talking about nathan...?

oh yeah like . said...

Communication breakdown!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my bad :oops:
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:53 pm

BanalityDUFF wrote:i think it would work that you age until your prime, then once you hit that point you stop aging because your body will repair any dieing/aging cells but not create new ones.

So Clare doesn't get any older then? ;)

Anarchia

Postby Anarchia » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm

BanalityDUFF wrote:Kensei does come to the future, either via Hiro or by just staying alive.

Is that a guess, or has it actually been said somewhere?

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:19 pm

Anarchia wrote:
BanalityDUFF wrote:Kensei does come to the future, either via Hiro or by just staying alive.

Is that a guess, or has it actually been said somewhere?

i think i read it on aintitcoolnews.com who are pretty onspot with their spoilers n such, when they post some that is.

theres some other spoilers concerning Kensei but i dont think i'll post em here, you can read up on them if you use google though. haha.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Way to just make this season a fuckin love fest...
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:22 pm

If that means more beach kissing scenes for Clare who are we to complain?

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Yeah... kissing... hardout...

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:48 pm

snuff wrote:Yeah... kissing... hardout...

haha.

yeah.

fuck claire. (not literally . . . )

fuck the two south american kids aswell. a worse storyline than nikki/jessica.

least sylar has eaten another brain.

[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:38 pm

Looking good. Glad to see some familiar faces making a comeback, waiting til the 3rd ep was well-timed.

Think it's a BIT coincidental though ... Claire and superboy meeting up, I bet that Irish girl has powers too :-D
Make assassinations, not war!

Anarchia

Postby Anarchia » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:58 pm

Mm, the flying shit looked awful. And yeah, I was thinking the same thing re: the Irish woman.

Was good to see Sylar back, although I'm intrigued as to whats going on with his powers - and where the fuck was he? The island from Lost?

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:07 pm

. wrote:some god awful fx last ep tho... wonder if they've cut the fx budget or if they just had an insanely tight turn around for that ep?

Welcome to 1983, we have blue screens in tv shows now!Please ignore the 7 inch thick fuzzy black line around the actors.

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:13 pm

Fuck I'm so amped on Heroes! Ep 3 was mean but that bluescreen stuff looked terrible.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

danwhat___

Postby danwhat___ » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:54 pm

peter's cooler without his memory.

Lizbin

Postby Lizbin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:00 pm

BanalityDUFF wrote:Kensei does come to the future, either via Hiro or by just staying alive. so yeah, i assume hes immortal. the same way they cant give an accurate age to wolverine cause he doesn't change.

Bit of a tangent, but wolverine does age. They released a series on xmen set in the future where wolverine is an old man, around 300years old (he was about 200-250 yrs old in the days of xavier), shit doesn't work so well for him and he starts to fuck out. Its about him trying to find out about his original family and shit in canada. Pretty good read.
More info below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Wolverine#Wolverine:_The_End

I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.

Lizbin

Postby Lizbin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:02 pm

Oh and possibly the most cheesey heroes I've ever seen.

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:34 am

snuff wrote:Yeah... kissing... hardout...

well i guess there's toe-cutting if that's what floats your boat

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:38 am

the twins got slightly interesting with the discovery of sylar, but thats all.

parkmans dad is the big bad? nah . . . i rekon she just saw the big bad in the picture. heh. but could be, i dunno. if it is parkmans dad they definately used a different actor on the roof, cause that guy looked pretty big where'as roof killer looked regular sized. but what'eves.

claires storyline is going down hill so fast. i hope sylar eats her brain, and flyboys. ugh. irritating as.

no peter and no hiro = lame. mostly because their storylines need to wrap up asap so they get back to the US.

but if HRG and the Haitian going to the Ukraine, via Ireland (doubt it though, ha).

also, its a bit odd that the Petralli dad is looking backwards in the photo as if talking to someone, invisible guy ?

black girls power is to copy? other powers maybe? please say no . . . ha.

lol at molly, hope she stays on a coma thing. i hates her preciousss. dirty hobbits.

pretty good ep overall though. mostly for plot moving forward than anything else.

snuff

Postby snuff » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:16 pm

What's up with the whole Mohinda / Parkman "My two Dad's" thing...

Pretty funny that crook getting 619'd!

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Yeah, two men living together looking after a little girl...

I think this season's gotten away to a wobbly start - is it just me or is the writing really kinda z-grade at the moment? I mean, shit, amnesia?? I don't think even daytime soaps try that anymore...I guess this is just a weak way to keep Peter out of things because he's so damn powerful. In the same manner that it seems REALLY forced keeping Hiro in the past...

Learn everything off TV chick is a laugh.

Origins has got some interesting people involved, even if I hate the idea of an anthology series. Kevin Smith, Eli Roth, John August...it'll be interesting to see what they come up with, at any rate.

snuff

Postby snuff » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Yeah that was weird as... like... they were heading towards the US border, not the other way i.e Guatemala or whatever... :?

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:06 pm

Real? It just feels like in X-Men they way they always had to knock Professor X out because he was too damn powerful and could solve any problem.

Hiro's plot is boring for me because it all happened in the past, we know where it's going and it doesn't have much bearing on things now. I'd have preferred he met Kensei in the present rather than fluffing about like this. Or just have Ando skim through those notes in one quick go to get it over with.

Peter's one is a bit better, because it feels like the Irish stuff *might* relate to the main plot, even if it also feels like they're just trying to recapture that 'discovering your powers' feeling of wonder that Season One had that they now can't really have anymore. And yeah, I agree with everyone that it'll be a shock if Irish girl DOESN'T have powers - hopefully hers are better than Mohinder's power to give pompous, meaningless voiceover speeches.

It's just it feels forced to 'neutralise' those whose powers are so big they can fuck with the plot and get out of any problem they're put in - so Peter can't remember, Hiro is in the past and Sylar appears to have lost his powers.

And does anyone else remember the 2000AD comic Zenith? Because this is sounding a fuck of a lot like it with the whole "our parents were superheroes, too, but hid it away...and were involved in the whole plot where superpowers come from" angle. Bit like the way Season One was similar to Watchmen in its main plot arc.

I dunno, I'm still enjoying it...it just has some awkward writing at times. A lot of convenience and coincidence ("Hey, we set up our lab in Isaac Mendez' old flat...and guess what, he just happens to have a few extra paintings lying around even though Linderman supposedly bought them all in the last season...just because that whole painting thing was a neat way of foreshadowing everything last year...") and it seems everyone with powers just happens to blunder into someone else with powers, regardless of where they are in the world.

BanalityDUFF

Postby BanalityDUFF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:57 pm

. wrote:at the end of ep 3 it was clear sylar was in a big fuck off jungle. then when they found him in ep 4 he was unconscious in the middle of a road... ? did i miss something obvious?

i assumed the jungle was part of that chicks power / his inability to control it once he first got it (as he generally does when he first gets a power) and he was actually just in a shed in mexico somewhere.

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Yeah, I didn't get that AT ALL - I thought he was huffing and puffing about the fact that he couldn't get her power?

Return to “Movies & TV”