What have you recently watched?

Talk on films, TV programmes, and other pretty flashing colours.
9seconds

Re: What have you recently watched?

Postby 9seconds » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Kerry wrote:Anyone else follow this Primitive Technology youtube channel? It's excellent. Dude goes into the bush with no tools and gets shit done. (Start with first upload seeing as he's slowly advancing.) It's fascinating and really calming to watch. No shitty music or talking. Recommended 420 viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JX ... dBA/videos

had been watching this, not recently tho, its def cool as, was impressed by his loom just now.
"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:05 am

"Look how happy he is"

Max

Postby Max » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Excellent subject for a movie, but I really fucking hated it. Subtle as a flying mallet.

Max

Postby Max » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Lot of Spielberg, John Carpenter and 80s horror going on here. Some great kid performances, especially by Millie Bobby Brown.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Max wrote:Image

Excellent subject for a movie, but I really fucking hated it. Subtle as a flying mallet.

Is there a scene where Hitler snaps his riding crop in half and yells out OOOOOOWENS when he wins?
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Max

Postby Max » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 pm

General Mutante wrote:
Max wrote:

Is there a scene where Hitler snaps his riding crop in half and yells out OOOOOOWENS when he wins?

They should have brought you in to write the script, I think it needed more riding crops and tight leather pants.

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Thy should've got the team behind Danger 5 to write it.

Personally, I thought Race was pretty good. But Max is right, no subtlety to be found anywhere in that flick.

GREEN ROOM

Highly recommended. Don't watch any trailers. I saw one after seeing the film and felt it had way too many spoilers in it. I went to see this on the big screen knowing almost nothing about it except that it involved punks and Nazi skins and Patrick Stewart in a main role. Perfect film to watch without knowing anything about the plot. Least-cringeworthy portrayal of a fictional punk band I've seen in a long time too. Watch this with the lights down and the sound right up if you can.

Drax

Postby Drax » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:35 am

TOO MANY COOKS

Easily one of the best things Adult Swim has ever brought to the world.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Drax wrote:GREEN ROOM

Highly recommended. Don't watch any trailers. I saw one after seeing the film and felt it had way too many spoilers in it. I went to see this on the big screen knowing almost nothing about it except that it involved punks and Nazi skins and Patrick Stewart in a main role. Perfect film to watch without knowing anything about the plot. Least-cringeworthy portrayal of a fictional punk band I've seen in a long time too. Watch this with the lights down and the sound right up if you can.

Normally like your recommendations Drax but gotta disagree on this one. Started off promising but descended into a WTF pile of shit.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 pm

well now i dont know what to think, should i watch it or not?
"Look how happy he is"

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:52 pm

I'll let you know
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:40 pm

9seconds wrote:well now i dont know what to think, should i watch it or not?

yeah, go for it Phil. Most people have enjoyed it, just didnt appeal to me all that much. Found the first 20 minutes or so pretty accurate though.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:45 am

Thought it was a bit average too tbh. Only because Drax likes it though. Still worth a watch.

Thoroughly enjoyed Stranger Things. Also really enjoying The Night Of. Best crime drama I've seen since The Wire I reckon.
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 am

Kerry wrote: Also really enjoying The Night Of. Best crime drama I've seen since The Wire I reckon.

Have you got a link to that show? Had a rummage last night but couldn't find it. Real keen to watch.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:59 pm

mark tyler wrote:
Kerry wrote: Also really enjoying The Night Of. Best crime drama I've seen since The Wire I reckon.

Have you got a link to that show? Had a rummage last night but couldn't find it. Real keen to watch.

watch-series
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

Max

Postby Max » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:22 am

mark tyler wrote:
Drax wrote:GREEN ROOM

Normally like your recommendations Drax but gotta disagree on this one. Started off promising but descended into a WTF pile of shit.

Pretty much every punk band fantasizes about performing "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" at a skinhead pad I think.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:42 am

Drax

Postby Drax » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Stranger Things was rad.

Quite like some of the fan art that's kicking about

Image Image

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:08 am

Ok guys the verdicts are in

Race: least subtle movie I've ever seen, and fairly boring/long. am kind of intrigued by the portrayal of Goebbels, was he actually an autistic robot IRL?

Green Room: I enjoyed it. Thought the portrayal of playing/touring punk band was pretty good, let down a little bit by the wanky schpiel about social media. Thought the progression into the main story was good, and although it got a bit ridiculous, it was in the realms of what could actually happen if you wound up in that situation.
Also liked how most of the band got killed really quickly once the action started

Green Bastard

Postby Green Bastard » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Started 'The Night of' a couple of days ago. Really enjoying it so far, bout half way through. first episode was great i thought, not sure if it will keep going as good, or may drop off a bit once it settles into court, but only 8 ep's i think, so good length to not get too dragged out. havent seen much talk about it, but maybe its since the name doesnt jump out when scrolling through the interney.

the croc

Postby the croc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Is good so far. Scenery is incredible, makes me want to visit Tasmania.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:38 am

Green Bastard wrote:Started 'The Night of' a couple of days ago. Really enjoying it so far, bout half way through. first episode was great i thought, not sure if it will keep going as good, or may drop off a bit once it settles into court, but only 8 ep's i think, so good length to not get too dragged out. havent seen much talk about it, but maybe its since the name doesnt jump out when scrolling through the interney.

Have been watching this too, stays pretty good throughout imo. Only the final episode left and have to wait a week as Lucy's gone away for the week :bad-words:

Also watched Stranger Things. Pretty awesome, am impressed with how well it was tailor made for our generation without coming across as overly tacky or put together.

Max

Postby Max » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 am

Not sure what to make of it really, an adaptation of the Marquis de Sade in Fascist Italy.... found it on vimeo. If you're into shit eating this movie's for you.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:37 am

PertHJ wrote:
Green Bastard wrote:Started 'The Night of' a couple of days ago. Really enjoying it so far, bout half way through. first episode was great i thought, not sure if it will keep going as good, or may drop off a bit once it settles into court, but only 8 ep's i think, so good length to not get too dragged out. havent seen much talk about it, but maybe its since the name doesnt jump out when scrolling through the interney.

Have been watching this too, stays pretty good throughout imo. Only the final episode left and have to wait a week as Lucy's gone away for the week :bad-words:

Yeah i've only got the last episode left too. Have thoroughly enjoyed it. The fact there's only 8 episodes is very appealing to me as it means i won't get stuck on some never resolved, Gilligan's Island, type of series. Had a bit of a google search on it too, and one thing i did find out is that John Turturro has confirmed they will be creating a whole movie on Jesus from The Big Lebowski, which is fucken awesome cos Turturro is always brilliant and that particular character is one of my favourites.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 am

Been on a sci fi binge the last few days

Exam - The twist/answer wasn't much of a payoff at all.

The Survivalist - Incredibly unimaginative title, but otherwise great post apoc movie. Very similar feel to The Road.

Time Lapse - Standard future telling Camera idea, but was done fairly well, except for the ending which would have been good except for poor continuity.

Upstream Colour - The actual concept was kind of cool, but kind of boring.

Coherence - Low budget parallel universe film, surprisingly enjoyable, thought the ending was a bit silly.

The One I Love - Awesome

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:30 pm

essential weekend watching with jack & coke
the is it basil faulty line cracks me up everytime

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:57 pm

PertHJ wrote:The One I Love - Awesome

haha, that was really cool, watched it last night after seeing your "awesome".

PertHJ wrote:

Ploughed through the series and loved it, but somehow felt a bit dissatisfied with the ending. Not sure what i expected to happen really. Have definitely recommended it to a few people though.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:52 pm

mark tyler wrote:
Ploughed through the series and loved it, but somehow felt a bit dissatisfied with the ending. Not sure what i expected to happen really. Have definitely recommended it to a few people though.

Yeah I find that with a lot of who-dun-it and courtroom dramas, I actually thought this one was maybe better than most as it wasn't exactly all happy endings. I really liked how simply being charged with a crime can really fuck up your life and those close to you.

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Top of the Lake

Probably wins an award for worst New Zealand accent but it's dark and good.

There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:06 am

atlanta had a good start

Return to “Movies & TV”