The Richie Ramone Band- 28/29th Oct - Ak/Wgtn

Advertise for any upcoming Shows/Festivals/Gatherings
Valhalla

The Richie Ramone Band- 28/29th Oct - Ak/Wgtn

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:31 pm

If you never saw the Ramones, this is your one chance to see Richie Ramone with all his power and spirit of CBGBs in the 70s. Richie Ramone is the fastest, most powerful drummer who ever played with the legendary punk rock band the Ramones. He joined the Ramones in 1983 and first appeared with the band on their Subterranean Jungle tour.

Richie performed in over 500 shows around the world with the Ramones and wrote several critically-acclaimed and fan-favorite songs for the albums Animal Boy, Too Tough to Die and Halfway to Sanity. Punk rock icon, Joey Ramone remarked that “[Richie] saved the band as far as I’m concerned. He’s the greatest thing to happen to the Ramones. He put the spirit back in the band.”

Now Richie, the one Ramone who's Too Tough To Die, brings that blistering backbeat of Ramones tracks to venues in Auckland and Wellington. If you're not cool enough to know the band and the songs or see Richie Ramone tear it up live, you'll never be cool enough to wear the t-shirt.

28th of October - Auckland - Whammy
29th of October - Wellington - Valhalla
8:00pm Doors

Pre sale show ticket
$33 + bf
http://www.undertheradar.co.nz
or
http://www.valhallatouring.com

http://www.richieramone.com/

With thanks to Nightmare Music

Craig_Bastard

Re: The Richie Ramone Band- 28/29th Oct - Ak/Wgtn

Postby Craig_Bastard » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Dammit I'm in Auckland the weekend before!
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

mike

Postby mike » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Quite surprised how much, I liked this song. Hopefully I can go

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Humorous thread going in Wellington Metal regarding this. In summary; some kid asked if anyone would be his guardian so he could get into Valhalla underage, and Obzen immediately tagged Ben who responded by taking a screenshot of the post, and then throwing him to the lions. :lol:

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Oh shit haha!

Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Wellington Supports are announced!

Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Auckland Supports are announced!

Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:31 pm

The Rocket Jocks. Have something special planned for the Auckland show. First time I've seen em live

mike

Postby mike » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:26 pm

I thought, this was a mean show. Im stoked I went and his bands, own songs were. I thought, stronger than, the Ramones ones. Richie has a really powerful voice, you could almost think, he has a almost english punk accent. Of the Ramones, songs covered. I really liked "Today You Love, Tommorrow The World". The guitarist sung it and done a mean job. Speaking of which, he knew his way around, the fretboard. The guy can play guitar, it wasn't just a, chainsaw bar chord attack. With the use of effect pedals, odd solo etc. He mixed it up well, you could tell, he could probably churn out, 80's metal riffs, that would make Rex drool. More than you would expect, from a guitarist, from a band with the name Ramones, in it. Then again, neither was Johnny Ramone, later on. I wasn't sure, if Richie would sing the songs, from behind the drum kit. On sum songs he stood up front and sung, while another drummer, came on stage. Sum songs, he would jump, on the drums and sing. Sum songs such as "Today You Love, Tommorrow The World", he would simply, play the drums to. What was evident, I thought was the band, the way the all smiled. Seemed to be having a whole lot of fun. The female bassist did a meanas job, too great back ups. The 2nd drummer, flawlessly came on and left stage and filled in without the sound being affected. The Rocket Jocks, and their spaceman robot, did them wonders visually onstage. If these guys I think, if they ever got round to having, an actual drummer live. Would make their sound way huger. But they are good dudes and they do their, Ramones influenced, sound well. Really they were the obvois choice, for the support slot. I forget the name of the first band. From what I seen, sum Im guessing guys, their 40's rockn, out sum covers, such as Snappers - Buddy. Probably a more, punked up version, also an Androidss cover. I was sad, I missed their cover of the Cleans - Point That Thing. One of my favourite, NZ songs ever. Like Snapper, Point that Thing, also had Peter Gutteridges, involvement. I never thought, about it that night. Was a decent sized crowd. My only moan was, after the gig, having Richie Ramones songs stuck, in my head. I also thought, stink what other good shows like, this are there, to go to. Closest I think of next, would be The Damned, in March. But who knows, it certainly made me realise, just how much fun, a good live Punk show is and just how talented yet, down to earth Richie Ramone is. As I left the venue, Richie and the female bassist, stood at the ticket place, by the door talking to fans. That 2 me, that summed up the great performance. Richie and co smiled, as if, maybe they had more fun, than anyone else. The bands are important, but so was the audience, as well...I hope this band, comes back

Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:56 am

Thanks Mike. It was a good show up in Auckland. Completely different to Wellington, where they were boozed and partied hard. Great people all round. Glad you enjoyed it!

Return to “Upcoming Events”