J Solo Project Announces line up for The Game of Truth show at Valhalla

Advertise for any upcoming Shows/Festivals/Gatherings
JSoloProject

J Solo Project Announces line up for The Game of Truth show at Valhalla

Postby JSoloProject » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Here is the confirmed lineup for "The Game of Truth" show at Valhalla on August 4th 2016

Acts as Follows

One Outs (Opening Act)
Depraved (2nd Act)
Ivy Blue (Co-Headlining Act)
J Solo Project (Headlining Act)

There will be special guest that will be announced to follow.

Door Entry is $10.00

Gig starts at 7:00pm and doors open at 6:30pm

See you all there!!!!!

Dead Kid

Re: J Solo Project Announces line up for The Game of Truth show at Valhalla

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 am

Can you please make a separate thread announcing the official beverage of the event, and then another one announcing the price of VIP backstage passes? Thanks in advance.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:39 am

Loal at "co headlining" but still giving yourself "headlining"

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Also, how does that even work?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:34 pm

donvito

Postby donvito » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:09 am

Whats the story with your manager? Shes packing a tanny on FB. Shes saying you are a blardy creep mate!

donvito

Postby donvito » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:33 am

Image - 7am this was posted. "tonight"... :baton: =====(o)

:tohlc:

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:14 pm

jesus christ
"Look how happy he is"

donvito

Postby donvito » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:48 am

lols incoming shortly

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 am

What the hell is going on NZ.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Drama.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

donvito

Postby donvito » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:49 pm

There is 3 words to describe J Solo Project. And they are "PURE FUCKING INSANITY!!!"

"J Solo Project will always remain in your face and uncensored. No matter who trys to censor the overall opinion" Says J Diabolus Nemesis, Lead Singer and Guitarist of the act.

(The beginning)

Started in September 2011 initially as a side Project in Auckland New Zealand. J Solo Project is what you call guttural masked metal. Meaning it has a statement. And that is "fuck what they think, Its better to have an opinion than play sheep to the flock".

The Re - Invention released October 31 2012 under then Virus Metal Records.

"Looking back on the processes of that album. It was more of a venting process than your atypical record..
Guised up under the alias Jay Nem at the time. I guess back then there was a lotta demons behind that mask."
Says J Diabolus Nemesis

To look at the outside you have to look at whats going on with the inside.

J 1.

Crude mask, angry, antagonistic, didn't give a shit, nor would ever in the first instance.
That dude would kill you if you so much as crossed him.

(2013/14 Post The Re-Invention)

After the release of The Re -Invention, touring did not essentially happen for J Solo Project. After dropping from Virus Metal Records, they had a few minor battles. Touring did not happen. So Jay Nem tried the Music Academy route. It wasn't really a good route to go down. In July Jay Nem had to leave because he landed in hospital with severe pancreatitis caused from Gall Stones.

"Man it sucked. 6 weeks of feelin like shit. And having ya gall bladder removed was some serious shit." Explains J Diabolus Nemesis.

"It can really set ya back" he explains further.

(The birth of pure hatred)

After a stint in hospital, dropping from a failing label, dealing with a failed first album. A new agenda had to happen. Jay Nem decided to take abscence and a new face had to emerge.

(J "Shredder" Nemesis steps in)

This J holds nothing back. doesn't want to know, This is how the world is to me.

This J was not allowed back by certain people.

(Retaliatory Nightmare)

2014 was an utter nightmare. Going between different places, trying to finish off a second album without people screwing things over was difficult. Circumstantial homelessness was not easy to deal with. It nearly broke the spirit. It fueled the hatred that was that album. And in some ways that was a good idea not to release that album.

(The failure that was Lazadas)

During one of the band meetings. One of the former band members thought
it was a good idea to evolve the name from J Solo Project to a more appropriate
name to unify as a unit. So they decided on the name Lazadas. During that brief
period there was a lot of hardship at that time. And the last thing on the agenda was
to go through a name change. But since there was a lot of pushing and pulling.,
someone made J "Shredder" Nemesis crack. But it met with consequences.

"Mentioning lazadas was not an easy task. It had no dynamic to it, also it didn't have that element what J Solo Project had. It felt contrived and even still trying to make it a band environment wasn't particularly easy either due to the circumstances we were in" Adds J Diabolus Nemesis.

(From hell to tragedy)

In october 2014. The then J "Shredder" Nemesis was facing what was known a hatrick of bad luck. J Diabolus Nemesis describes "was the bed shitting of all bed shitting scenarios. Strike 1 myself and my fiance'e were living in this dank building, and the building management initiated an illegal forced eviction on all the tenants. I won't go into the full details but we were homeless. What was worse was we were getting food when it happened. So we were homeless. Strike 2. I redislocated my left shoulder and we were going to pick our belongings up and load up a taxi and biff it into a storage unit. The landlord allowed a bunch of demolish crew destroy our personal belongings yet we arranged it for that morning. So I at the time was left without a face and I only had the clothes on my back. The hatrick that put the icing on the cake was we entrusted the all important computer gear. recording equipment and a majority of my rig to a then friend who said looked out for it. Since I had an unfinished album, sessions from The Re - Invention, other track sessions as well as other equipment. A drunken lady who took my fiance'e and myself in booted us back out onto the street because she was a belligerent alcoholic and she sold all the recording equipment as well as the computer equipment. What made it abundantly worse was the police did nothing, nothing has shown up and we had to rebuild and leave Auckland.

(The Road to repair)

2014/15 presented a lot of trials. With a lot of uncertainty looming, and the force of the internet based metal community foaming at the mouths in total hatred. "Lazadas was basically an ass itch at that point" describes J Diabolus Nemesis. "Something had to change. Something had to fucking change. I was basically at a mexican stand off between a failure of a band that was pretty much a fuckin mistake to begin with, reviving J Solo project, or just outright quitting altogether. I actually had contemplated on throwing in the towel because there was a lotta negative shit and some very psychotic people going a step too far in trying to destroy what was basically down and out for the count. It was a mike tyson scenario. Whenever your in the ring and you get knocked the fuck down even more when you are already down, that really was a low point". He also adds.

(J Diabolus Nemesis is now the game master in this mess.)

"When J "Shredder" Nem was in full force at the time. It really became
a broken organization. I can say it was purely circumstantial and it
definitely was not their fault. Alot of people would make it so easy in
pointing the finger at them but they knew nothing of it. Only what was
dripfed through social media. J "Shredder" Nemesis my previous
Character really was in a bind. So I rebuilt the broken foundations,
And evolved what was once a broken agenda". Says J Diabolus emesis

3rd guy.

Rehabilitiation.

Letting go from those two past demons.

Bit more color, bit more energy, bit more saturation. Bit more chilled out. But still can be in your face when it is necessary.

(Are you ready to play the vetted game?)

2015 marked a major change with J Solo Project. With Lazadas
thrown into the perverbial grave. J Solo Project made a comeback.
"2014 really fucked it in the ass. With the transition from J "Shredder"
Nemesis to this persona, my mindset had to change. I had to stop being
an antagonist and I had to stomp all the bullshit out head on. Hence why
I chose the title "The Game of Antagonism"" Says J Diabolus Nemesis.

With the release of the demo titled "I am Your Hate", J Solo Project felt the need to do this one. "The song needed to be put out. People were really putting this project into the gullotine and waiiting to kill it off at every given chance. So I am Your Hate means that, no matter what we do, you will always hate us because thats what the sad and bitter fuckin do." He adds.

Collaborated on this track was Ghost The Chain Vocalist Jamie Somers. "Working with Jamie was a blast because he made the whole process easy. He was consistent, easy to direct and him and I really had a great time as he shared that same mindset" Adds J Diabolus.

With a new album in production JDN explains more on the theme aspects of the album and the new mask.
" Its very subliminal and I think the ouija board to me signifies about sending a message. And thats what I want to aim for. There is going to be a lot more positive stuff, but at the same time there is going to be some really personal shit as well that I need to let go in my personal life". JDN adds The two songs The Vetted Game Parts 1 and 2 signifies the Yin and Yang of these records. Part one is a song about resistence, not submitting to positive change. While Part 2 is a melodic send off for his 3 children that passed away. "That is a very painful thing having that prolonged grief in my life. For years I used to mask it with anything. Drugs, Alcohol or other crutches. And I never really was able to let it go until this record. I won't delve into the gory details but a parent should never bury their children"

The Vetted Game realistically represents a choice. You either choose Truth or Hatred. "And being an antagonist is a major head game of them all. It's a head game you play on yourself as well as you pass onto others. In all honesty, it can be a psychological thing. And a lot of it is spawned on by hatred in society so now we have this vetted game.

(Ready for an unleashing)

2016 marks the first year J Solo Project finally getting out there and
finally infecting society. "It is high time people saw it in action.
After nearly 5 years of disaster. I want to show you that this can be
done". Explains a very excited J Diabolus Nemesis

J Solo Project will be Headlining Valhalla Wellington on April 7th
with supporting acts Ivy Blue, Ant Wars and Deathnir.

J Solo Project will be part of the Ivy Blue Inner Sanctum New Zealand Tour
from Mid June till July.

Release date for both "The Game of Antagonism" parts are to be discussed. But as J Solo Project operate on an open release schedule at this stage. it will be on a "once its completed, It'll be released" basis.

"I've always hated working on a timeframe because they can lead to a shitty result". Explains J Diabolus Nemesis. When Jay Nem was in effect and producing the Re -Invention, I skipped 2 release dates and nearly burnt myself out on releasing it on Haloween. After that album I got very sick. After that whole drama, having an unreliable record label fucking things over and dealing with a poorly mixed product. It caused me to have a liver infection. And when I was working on the precursor stuff (Which was titled Retaliation at the time) We tried to honor a release date but due to the circumstances, it prevented it from happening. So this time round. We are avoiding in setting a release date until we are certain we are in the final mastering phase". It maybe this year. It maybe early 2017. Who knows. But I will assure you this time. You will definitely love this album. And we want to make sure this one is not rushed"

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:26 pm

hahahahaha, that is fkn mental shit!! Cheers for that eh, cracked me right up.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:29 am

I think its all of the hims. Fuck man.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 am

i guess the great advantage of multiple persona's(disorder?) is that you can interview yourself.

but what the fuck, did he have three children die?
i mean is that a metaphor for his failed music projects or his 'persona's' or did 3 of his kids literally die, like what the fuck, was it a house fire or did he forget to feed them?

i hope its something crazy and not literally the reason hes gone crazy, or i will feel bad.
"Look how happy he is"

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:38 pm

So this gig is tonight. There will be a live stream. Get your popcorn ready, and I guess Ben will post in the event when the stream is up.

Can't believe he didn't sort out a ride from Naenae to Wellington with his gear. They got public transport last time with multiple guitars, pedal board, and a chilli bin full of codys. True story.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1618568065136315/

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That pedal-board is fkn classic!
You going to the show Shadbolt?
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Postby sticky » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Can you post a link here if there is a stream. Sounds crack up.

Green Bastard

Postby Green Bastard » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:57 pm

the croc

Postby the croc » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:21 pm

James Mathers wrote:It was like going to your sons first school play. And he's so excited he keeps telling you that he has this big important roll and you know he's just a kid but you sort of get excited for him aswell so for the leading up weeks you watch him practicing his lines and perfecting his costume and u start to really get invested in him. Your stoked he's doing something he's really passionate about. Then comes the big night. There's electricity in the air everyone's buzzing about the big play and even though you know he's just a kid part of you is kind of expecting him to bust out some Leo decaprio type shit cuz fuck it this kid is passionate. Then comes his big moment you see your kid walk out onto stage and just as he opens his mouth to say his first line he fucking shits. He just full blown shits his pants in front of everyone shits trickling out the bottom of his shorts. He starts to cry but he won't give up so he tries to say his lines anyway but no one cares because at this point there's just a big crying baby standing in shit. I mean a huge pile of shit. Shit is everywhere. That's what it was like for me anyway

:calavcalav: :fist: :explainittomelikeimfive: Image
"Look how happy he is"

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:42 pm

He can rebuild I'm sure.

General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:33 pm

"Look how happy he is"

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:36 pm

So what happened exactly?

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:23 am

Laptop (his backing band) BSOD while they were setting up. He ended up spearing the damn thing with his guitar. It then turned into a 'does anyone know Roots Blood Roots?' jam session.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:07 am

So, I heard a story about the J Solo Project getting punched on stage by some guy in wellington and certain hilarious things happening after he dropped his computer.

Wouldnt mind some less than second hand substantiation, anyone?

Not to start any rumours....yet, so can anyone tell me more about this from a first person perspective?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:49 am

Fucking hell

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:02 am

I found a video of snapchats on the fb nz metal page. It was a hilarious disaster.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:41 pm

With a new album in production JDN explains more on the theme aspects of the album and the new mask.
" Its very subliminal and I think the ouija board to me signifies about sending a message. And thats what I want to aim for. There is going to be a lot more positive stuff, but at the same time there is going to be some really personal shit as well that I need to let go in my personal life". JDN adds The two songs The Vetted Game Parts 1 and 2 signifies the Yin and Yang of these records. Part one is a song about resistence, not submitting to positive change. While Part 2 is a melodic send off for his 3 children that passed away. "That is a very painful thing having that prolonged grief in my life. For years I used to mask it with anything. Drugs, Alcohol or other crutches. And I never really was able to let it go until this record. I won't delve into the gory details but a parent should never bury their children"

9seconds wrote: did he have three children die?
i mean is that a metaphor for his failed music projects or his 'persona's' or did 3 of his kids literally die, like what the fuck, was it a house fire or did he forget to feed them?

i hope its something crazy and not literally the reason hes gone crazy, or i will feel bad.
"Look how happy he is"

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:29 am

mark tyler wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
That pedal-board is fkn classic!
You going to the show Shadbolt?

I attended the 1st, and once was enough for me. I did however turn up after everything was finished to pick up an A0 poster for the ol' jam room (different gig haha), but also obviously to witness the aftermath, and get the full story. I remember hearing someone say "The game of truth was played, and the truth finally came out." Ben had mixed expressions on his face; part 'fuck I sold barely any piss', and part 'I just witnessed an undeniably entertaining spectacle'.

So J Diabolus Nemesis doesn't bounce his backing tracks down to WAV for live performances. Instead he chooses to play the multitracks from within Adobe Audition live on stage. When he arrived he starts using Valhalla's wifi to update Windows 10 on his shitty laptop. When he goes on stage to perform it's still updating.

He gets about 10 seconds into his first song when the laptop blue screens. There's just feedback over the PA for maybe a minute before he says "we're having some technical difficulties". He then asks if anyone can play drums or bass to Roots Bloody Roots, and if they can then to get on stage. Fairley (who is blotto as) jumps up on drums. J Nem starts playing Roots Bloody Roots, but Fairley can't play a single bar of it and just smashes out nonsense. Peak cringe is reached. The laptop is restarted and it just blue screens again straight away, and J Nem takes to it with his guitar. Some others get on stage like Birrell from Carnal, Keiren from Depraved, and there is some haphazard jamming of Roots Bloody Roots with J Nem just playing the main riff over and over. 5 minutes after the set began the 'crowd' has slowly walked off, and it comes to an end.

The next day in an extremely cringeworthy nzmetal thread J Nem makes it clear he blames Windows 10. He also debates his set up with a few people, says that he plays straight from Audition to save time or hassle :roll:, states that he intends to make a 'comeback', and will be bringing his whole desktop PC next time. Fairley also shares to nzmetal that he has joined J Solo Project, and J Nem can be quoted as saying "you sir are a GOD!!!!" to him. Jesus fuckin' Christ.

Oh, and apparently there's an Auckland show in the works. Lucky you?
Last edited by TimShadbolt on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Upcoming Events”