donvito

Re: The Dickies (USA) New Zealand Tour April 2015

Postby donvito » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:28 am

8O

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 pm

donvito wrote:8O

On an unrelated matter, I've found out that you aren't actually banned from the Kings Arms.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

donvito

Postby donvito » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:42 pm

8O 8O 8O 8O

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:06 pm

yeah i read his "apology" before it was deleted off their facebook page and the descriptions of what happened by people there. they're not really a band i've ever been into and i think it'd be hard to enjoy the show now after that.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:39 pm

J wrote:
Drax wrote:Pretty sure no one said that.

that is precisely what they are inferring.
I was uncertain about how turk188 was approaching this.

I didn't give much of a fuck about this band before this shit happened. Now I'm definitely gonna pass.

And it sucks for the promoter to now be lumped with this issue, which, as far as all apparent shit indicates, was an unforseeable act of violence.

This isn't to discount any effects upon the victim. But to discredit her acceptance of the guilty party's apology because a bunch of fuckwits on Facebook are defending his actions doesn't really make sense.

Window Licker wrote:Ignoring the shitcuntery of certain bands/people is pretty common (Bad Brains anyone?)
This. I am so fucking sick of sycophants acting like Bad Brains were punk's saviours because were talented musicians who preached 'P.M.A.'. They were a bunch of cunts, and there's no real dispute about some of the extreme disrespect they showed. Yet people are far more ready to poke a finger at comparable HC individuals/groups like the Boston Crew bands and vilify them for being 'jocks' etc. I could rant at length about how overrated Bad Brains are by Pitchfork-reading neckbeards. They weren't the only black dudes in punk and they aren't saints either. Get the fuck over it.

And it goes down everywhere. Dumb fucks just don't want to face up to the fact that their favourite music might be made by cunts. Assholes make great music too. Just like some of the nicest people you will ever meet play in shitty, shitty bands.

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm

And that attitude of defending retarded behaviour because 'it's punk' can eat shit. What your 19-year-old mind thought punk was in the 1980s doesn't necessarily apply to the real world. If you've been an adult for at least a decade, your old ass needs to get some fucking perspective.

arkie

Postby arkie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Drax wrote:Assholes make great music too.

Exactly. Awful people are not inseparable from their creations. You can like the creation without endorsing the creators behaviour ie Michael Jackson, Woody Allen etc etc.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Drax wrote:
J wrote:
Drax wrote:Pretty sure no one said that.

that is precisely what they are inferring.
I was uncertain about how turk188 was approaching this.

I didn't give much of a fuck about this band before this shit happened. Now I'm definitely gonna pass.

And it sucks for the promoter to now be lumped with this issue, which, as far as all apparent shit indicates, was an unforseeable act of violence.

This isn't to discount any effects upon the victim. But to discredit her acceptance of the guilty party's apology because a bunch of fuckwits on Facebook are defending his actions doesn't really make sense.

Window Licker wrote:Ignoring the shitcuntery of certain bands/people is pretty common (Bad Brains anyone?)
This. I am so fucking sick of sycophants acting like Bad Brains were punk's saviours because were talented musicians who preached 'P.M.A.'. They were a bunch of cunts, and there's no real dispute about some of the extreme disrespect they showed. Yet people are far more ready to poke a finger at comparable HC individuals/groups like the Boston Crew bands and vilify them for being 'jocks' etc. I could rant at length about how overrated Bad Brains are by Pitchfork-reading neckbeards. They weren't the only black dudes in punk and they aren't saints either. Get the fuck over it.

And it goes down everywhere. Dumb fucks just don't want to face up to the fact that their favourite music might be made by cunts. Assholes make great music too. Just like some of the nicest people you will ever meet play in shitty, shitty bands.

Good post Drax.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:14 am

yup yup yup

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Dunedin show was decent as.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Haha.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Dunedin show was fucken awesome!! Myself and the majority of people i talked to had never even heard The Dickies before, i don't even know a single song, but they were brilliant. Singer sounded a lot like Jello, and i thought the props were a bit lame, but a shit hot set, will definitely seek out more of their music, and will conveniently forget about the shit-cuntery of what that woman-bashing freak did, and that is pretty much my righteous prerogative to do that. I'm so hypocritical and ambiguous and bi-polar these days that i don't even know who the fuck i am anyway.
Gutted to miss Infinite Justice. Rust played a great set too, its very rare that i'll ever listen to Oi music these days, but live is OK.
Not a bad turnout for a Thursday night. Just, and i mean JUST, made it back to Milton without going to sleep behind the wheel. Three hours sleep then off to the meatworks to sharpen and sharpen and sharpen my knife all day. Good times.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

daggers

Postby daggers » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:47 pm

mark tyler wrote:and will conveniently forget about the shit-cuntery of what that woman-bashing freak did, and that is pretty much my righteous prerogative to do that..

um wat?
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:19 am

taking the piss

NOIDEAWOTEVER

Postby NOIDEAWOTEVER » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 am

mark tyler wrote:Dunedin show was fucken awesome!! Myself and the majority of people i talked to had never even heard The Dickies before, i don't even know a single song, but they were brilliant.

I'm stoked that so many people took a punt to come and see a band they'd never heard of, thank you Dunedin. And I'm so glad The Dickies didn't disappoint you all.

Both shows (and supports) have been superb, The Dickies truly are a great live band. Not too mention RUST are on fire as well. Miss out and it will be your loss. Cheers

Return to “Upcoming Events”